Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254935 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#207289 Jan 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>I see. The term thought exercise intimidated you.
Is that a sentence?

*scar, can you please translate what he just wrote?*

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#207290 Jan 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Very weak response.
You don't know if "gravity"exists, either. Something makes you stick to the chair, though.
And after Thousands of years of arguments the consensus is one does exists. It even made "gravity".
In other words. You don't know.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#207291 Jan 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course she would. Just like the kid sticks the fork in the socket. It's called disobedience. It can be called rebellion.
What it cannot be called is what you are calling it.
Victimhood runs rampant among the ranks of the Topix atheist.

Ever notice the paranoia they all express?

There should be a psychological study of their rants.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#207292 Jan 24, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
, we have lost a entire generation to asbestos exposures and its no way over. Your science you Atheist drool over has killed hundreds of thousands of people.
In my opinion, virtually nobody but a believer could write a post like this. Who else would blame the carcinogenicity of asbestos on scientists, or describe a single disease responsible for a small fraction of the total number of deaths each year as if it were a holocaust? You seem to be taking both apologetics and daytime TV lawyer ads too seriously,

La Veta, CO

#207293 Jan 24, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Cast some stones and tell me what's gonna happen next week, Mr. Geomancy.
"geomancy (j&#275;&#8242;&#6 01;-m&#259;n&#8242;s &#275;)
n.
Divination by means of lines and figures or by geographic features."

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/geomancy

It covers more territory than your wiki reading. You should have read further.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomancy#Other_f...

People who design antennas are geomancers.

You have a tendency to the woo woo, don't you? That magic squares and stuff is the same as neo-paganism. Mistaken resurrection of ancient knowledge and practices without the understanding of what they were and entailed.

Fennario

#207294 Jan 24, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
I know some people don't see merit in faith. I don't know why they feel the need to keep reminding me
The church has made a lot of enemies. It has fired upon many of us, especially gays and atheists. I've explained why I feel that such people have not just a right. but a duty, to fire back.

La Veta, CO

#207295 Jan 24, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words. You don't know.
Define "know".

Give us an example of what you do "know".

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#207296 Jan 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You made quite an assumption and assertion there.
Eve had no way to discern between the serpent and God?
Uh, wilderide, whose Garden was it?
Who said don't eat it?
Don't forget the serpent was subservient to Adam and Eve in the hierarchy established by God in that locale. In fact, Adam and Eve were the designated caretakers of the place.
So, if you Daddy says don't stick the fork in the outlet and your little brother, or the family dog, says it is OK, go ahead, it will be Daddy's fault?
You have some strange perceptions of maturity and responsibilities.

Yes and I told you posting in topix make you look stupid.
But you did anyway.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#207297 Jan 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Actually there are no stones thrown. I think some particle physicists did that to figure virtual particles or random something or other.
It is geometry and marking off lengths to channel natural energy flows. Antenna building.
Brass Geomancy tools
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

Geomancy (Greek: "earth divination") is a method of divination that interprets markings on the ground or the patterns formed by tossed handfuls of soil, rocks, or sand. The most prevalent form of divinatory geomancy involves interpreting a series of 16 figures formed by a randomized process that involves recursion followed by analyzing them, often augmented with astrological interpretations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomancy

A geomancer practices a form of magic known as geomancy. Geomancy is a practice of divination and elemental combat native to several humanoid races of Azeroth. It is similar to shamanism in that disciples of geomancy wield the powers of the earth and a lust of knowledge towards the secrets of the earths spirits.

Many races and factions on Azeroth have geomancers, including pandaren, kobolds, quilboar (including the Death's Head group), troggs, the Grimtotem clan of tauren, and even the Twilight's Hammer clan.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Geomancer

Geomancy is a non-damaging Fairy-type move introduced in Generation VI. It is the signature move of Xerneas.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Geoman... (move)

Okay.

Do we call you - Abbadon of Azeroth - now?

A~o~A for short? El Thaumaturge? Count Dave?

Or, does - The Dave Nelson - still work for you?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#207298 Jan 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The complexity of design......
So, according to you, God created our computers and Dell, HP etc. are Satan frauds.

ROFLMAO

You are such a religitard !

As have said.many times, "You Christians are the best case for atheism there is".

La Veta, CO

#207299 Jan 24, 2014
Whiny baby candyassed Topix atheists.

They wanna go out and be grownups and do what they want, but they scream if God doesn't wipe their little asses for them, kiss their booboos, and keep the meanies away.

Oh, yeah. That is just the type you want in an eternal afterlife.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#207300 Jan 24, 2014

“"None shall pass"”

There

#207301 Jan 24, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a sentence?
*scar, can you please translate what he just wrote?*
I think it was "Mommy! Mommy! Mom! Mom! Mommy!..."

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#207303 Jan 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Many thousands of years of human existence and belief in one.
The complexity of design.
Relatively stable environment maintaining it.
Have your handler lift you up and move you over a tad. You have a scratch keeping you in the same groove.
Appeal to popularity, appeal to incredulity, and appeal to "fine tuning" (like a puddle being amazed that its hole fits just right).

“"None shall pass"”

There

#207304 Jan 24, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
But a phrase often used to describe Adam and Eve before the Fall is that they were like babes. And you don't hand out strict punishment to babes, because they don't know what is right or wrong.
But this God of yours smacked them down...hard.
As for your last sentence...precisely. Eve was an unwitting victim. At the time of the "crime" she didn't know any better. And God delivered a smack-down anyway. So, yes, he was the cruel overlord.
The only reason you interpret it differently is that is how you have always been taught to read it, and you have been taught never to question it. Sad, really.
Correct. God threw a rattlesnake in the crib then beat the babies for being bitten.

Such a loving parental figure. No wonder some Chritians think beating a baby is justifiable.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#207305 Jan 24, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, christian hate is always acceptable to christians.
They call it "love".

I think they calls sh!t "perfume", too.

Fennario

#207306 Jan 24, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You make some very good points and made a good illustration However I would disagree in one regard If someone does not address the person but the act, does not single out a sin, and understands they are also a sinner and their sins are not 'better' than I don't think they are a bigot At that point it simply is a difference in opinion regarding what they consider moral when it comes to sexual acts. Someone may not agree with them. They may not agree with their reasoning. But it still would be simply a difference of opinion at that point in my opinion But again, that is only if a person is not the target, if an act is not singled out, and the judging is not hypocritical But I do agree that bigotry can easily be dressed up as religious belief
OK. Thanks for that. But how do you separate a person's nature from the person? The acts to which you refer are not independent of the person.

La Veta, CO

#207307 Jan 24, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion, virtually nobody but a believer could write a post like this. Who else would blame the carcinogenicity of asbestos on scientists, or describe a single disease responsible for a small fraction of the total number of deaths each year as if it were a holocaust? You seem to be taking both apologetics and daytime TV lawyer ads too seriously,
It certainly wasn't religion that caused its widespread use starting in the late 1800's.

It was science.

"Approximately 100,000 people in the United States have died, or are terminally ill, from asbestos exposure related to ship building."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asbestos

That's just shipbuilding.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#207308 Jan 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Whiny baby candyassed Topix atheists.
They wanna go out and be grownups and do what they want, but they scream if God doesn't wipe their little asses for them, kiss their booboos, and keep the meanies away.
Oh, yeah. That is just the type you want in an eternal afterlife.
Smokin da legal dope again?

La Veta, CO

#207309 Jan 24, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Brass Geomancy tools
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
Geomancy (Greek: "earth divination") is a method of divination that interprets markings on the ground or the patterns formed by tossed handfuls of soil, rocks, or sand. The most prevalent form of divinatory geomancy involves interpreting a series of 16 figures formed by a randomized process that involves recursion followed by analyzing them, often augmented with astrological interpretations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomancy
A geomancer practices a form of magic known as geomancy. Geomancy is a practice of divination and elemental combat native to several humanoid races of Azeroth. It is similar to shamanism in that disciples of geomancy wield the powers of the earth and a lust of knowledge towards the secrets of the earths spirits.
Many races and factions on Azeroth have geomancers, including pandaren, kobolds, quilboar (including the Death's Head group), troggs, the Grimtotem clan of tauren, and even the Twilight's Hammer clan.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Geomancer
Geomancy is a non-damaging Fairy-type move introduced in Generation VI. It is the signature move of Xerneas.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Geoman... (move)
Okay.
Do we call you - Abbadon of Azeroth - now?
A~o~A for short? El Thaumaturge? Count Dave?
Or, does - The Dave Nelson - still work for you?
Uh huh.

You didn't read my last post on the subject yet, or further down in wiki.

You are kind of slow, scar.

Masons were geomancers. As were the pyramid builders and others. Feng shui is also geomancy.

It is understand how energy and forces work and flow. Tuned macroelectronic circuits.

Get your nose out of a book and get some magnets and string.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 44 min Time again 1,374,919
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr ThomasA 310,986
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 hr IB DaMann 9,554
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Mon Trojan 32,248
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 28 Ela 38
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
More from around the web