Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256125 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#207137 Jan 24, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are still dodging and weaving.
I love this..."You are in the real world now." Which is why you think everyone should believe your fairy tail, right?
Sport, you are the dodger and weaver, and play actor at intellectual prowess as I just described there.

You are on here making noise and playing games. Let me tell you a secret. You could suddenly explode and splatter all over your place and 7 billion people wouldn't even notice. Oh, a few might read something in the news about some odd occurrence, then finish their coffee and go to work.

It's your ass you're playing with, not their's. They won't be there for you when you stop functioning here.

You better start convincing yourself you are right before convincing yourself they think you are right.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#207138 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"I!m" ??
Counselor.......
Another excellent rejoinder from the redneck.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#207139 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Strange that you capitalize "atheists" as if it's a proper noun.....
Change your shirt.

Fremont, CA

#207140 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, y'all talk about lil ole me?
Don't worry.

We're concucting a psychological analysis.

Just be yourself.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#207141 Jan 24, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>Um...care to point to a serpent that is not a snake?
This should be good.

Fremont, CA

#207142 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you complain about me being a wiseass when half of your posts are equally wiseass-istical?
I have no complaints.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#207143 Jan 24, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
You think Christianity is right, and use your faith to justify that.
A Muslim thinks Islam is right, and uses his faith to justify that.
You are both using faith to lead to knowledge, yet coming to contradictory conclusions.
In logic, an assumption that leads to contradictory conclusions is a false assumption. The assumption in this case is "Faith leads to knowledge", and it has clearly been shown to be false.
It hasn't clearly been shown to show anything

These points are so stupid

Belief is based on faith

Nobody claims belief is fact

Because belief isn't fact, there always exists the possibility we are wrong

However the believer goes with his heart on what he believes is correct and follow that path

What is so hard to understand?

And what revelation do you you think are explaining to someone who knows way more about the faith process than whatever you have heard and regurgitated on the Internet?

I pretty much left the faith for quite some years. Which is why your earlier attempt to claim I am so indoctrinated I could never envision someone leaving was just so ridiculous that I didn't waste my time including that bit of info in my response.

And don't scientists have different theories on how life began? Don't those individual scientists believe their theory to probably be the right one? Some think mars now even. And can't only one be right? So does that prove the method science uses is bullshit?

More pseudo intellectualism nonsense

Let me know if you have a serious point to make

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#207144 Jan 24, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I could absolutely advice him on many of his creations. And i won't even charge him a consultation fee. So God, listen closely:

1.) Equip humans with the same advantages you gave whales and dolphins, one hole to breath from and the other to eat. This way thousands of deaths from choking while eating will be eliminated.

2.) You started with a good idea but never finished it, our skeletal structure should continue down from the sternum to protect our vital organs, did you lose the directions numbnuts?

3.) You failed to supply us with an effective defense mechanism for all those billions of parasitic organism you thought was such a good idea to flood the earth with. Don't you care about our safety and wellbeing? Guess not!!!

4.) Whats with wiring our eyes backwards and upside down, you stoned again? Not a very good job on the joints either, they wear out much to soon, and......Why the loss of bone density as we age, are you just trying to be a prick?

5.) Knowing full well the gravitational effects on the planet, who in their right mind would create a being that is basically a huge fragile bag of liquid, a mer fall can kill us. You really don't give a shit do you? See George Carlin was right!!!

Thats all for now, you really are a complete hack at creating, why don't you try your hand at some really cool natural disasters, you know like flooding the entire planet.........Oh wait, you already did that, and just to constantly remind us what a prick you are, you supplied us with rainbows.
George Carlin was always right.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#207145 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA!!
Do you think that when Catch is gently nailing his cousin for the first time, does he start with his penis or the cucumber?
I just hope he starts with a condom

:)

Fremont, CA

#207146 Jan 24, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...care to point to a serpent that is not a snake?
That's an easy one: The one in the bible.

La Veta, CO

#207147 Jan 24, 2014
Our oh so intelligent and super informed Topix atheists on here.

Oh so cool collectors of information others gave them and reciters of it as truths.

They are "in the know", don't you know?

But they seem to miss one important salient fact of their existence. They are existing and have something to lose.

But blabberating and arguing on a forum is more important to them. They will do it until the day they die believing it was a worthwhile endeavor.

Then what? Perhaps someone a thousand years from now will retrieve one of their posts and start to worship the intelligence and insight they exhibited? They will be immortalized?

Yeah.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#207148 Jan 24, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't worry.

Just be yourself.
lol

La Veta, CO

#207149 Jan 24, 2014
"Plato described a self-eating, circular being as the first living thing—the universe as an immortal, mythologically constructed entity.

The living being had no need of eyes because there was nothing outside of him to be seen; nor of ears because there was nothing to be heard; and there was no surrounding atmosphere to be breathed; nor would there have been any use of organs by the help of which he might receive his food or get rid of what he had already digested, since there was nothing which went from him or came into him: for there was nothing beside him. Of design he created thus; his own waste providing his own food, and all that he did or suffered taking place in and by himself. For the Creator conceived that a being which was self-sufficient would be far more excellent than one which lacked anything; and, as he had no need to take anything or defend himself against any one, the Creator did not think it necessary to bestow upon him hands: nor had he any need of feet, nor of the whole apparatus of walking; but the movement suited to his spherical form which was designed by him, being of all the seven that which is most appropriate to mind and intelligence; and he was made to move in the same manner and on the same spot, within his own limits revolving in a circle. All the other six motions were taken away from him, and he was made not to partake of their deviations. And as this circular movement required no feet, the universe was created without legs and without feet."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros

That was Plato, not the Abrahamic religion. But they were both based upon old Egyptian thoughts. As are other pre-Egyptian.

Note the term Creator.

You don't get something from nothing. Well, you do get a lot of nothing from a Topix atheist mind. Exponentially. Relatively speaking.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#207150 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It's the {{fill in the blank}} holding me down.
Kinda like dark matter is just a fill in the blank for the unknown.
<quoted text>
Ya but dark matter has never been observed....
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
Which is why you believe in God.
Correct.

I believe in God because dark matter had never been observed.....

O__O

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207151 Jan 24, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Catcher doesn't pretend to speak for God like you and other Christians do.
THAT is the difference.
"I think that ....." - honest person
"God says ....." - Christian liar
Note the difference.
You forgot to follow your own rules and say that's your opinion.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207152 Jan 24, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
Um...care to point to a serpent that is not a snake?
Obama.

There's six definitions to the word "serpent".

Only one of which is "a snake".

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207153 Jan 24, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Change your shirt.
Why did you capitalize "atheists" like you did?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#207154 Jan 24, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry.
Just be yourself.
2 in 2 days counselor?

You must be on a big case or something..........

Everything ok at the gym?

La Veta, CO

#207155 Jan 24, 2014
Snakes biting tails.

This is where the misunderstanding comes with the Ouroboros. A snake biting and holding, providing a fence, corral, or boundary. That is what is represented in those ancient portrayals.

Once you get the tail in the mouth a certain distance the snake starts swallowing. You have a physical reflex action that tries to keep going. Long snake, small section doing the work of swallowing itself. There are some serious physical and existential aspects to this as I alluded to in the first post about it.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#207156 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Why did you capitalize "atheists" like you did?
I haven't analysed my motives for capitalising Atheists.

I'll do so and consider getting back to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Yeah 1,406,189
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed Trojan 32,308
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Wed ThomasA 311,496
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jul 27 IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 25 NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web