Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#207059 Jan 24, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>"Microsoft to Buy God

REDMOND, WA Microsoft Corporation today announced its intent to purchase, copyright, and upgrade God Himself. The new product would be named, predictably enough, "Microsoft God," and would be available to consumers sometime in late 1998, well before the millennium.

"Too many people feel separated from God in today's world," said Dave McCavaugh, director of Microsoft's new Religions division. "Microsoft God will make our Lord more accessible, and will add an easy, intuitive user interface to Him, making Him not only easier to find, but easier to communicate with."

The new Microsoft Religions line will be expanded to include a multitude of add-on products to Microsoft God, including:

Microsoft Crusades: This conversion product will bring all worshiper accounts and prayer files over from previous versions of God, or from competing products like Buddha or Allah.

Microsoft God for the World Wide Web: This product ties Microsoft God with Microsoft Internet Information Server, making our Lord accessible from the World Wide Web using a standard Web browser interface. It introduces several new Web technologies, including Dynamic Salvation and Active Prayer Pages (APP). Donations for the poor can be donated via a Secure Alms Server.

Microsoft Prayers: Using a Windows-based WYSIWYG interface, this product will allow worshipers to construct effective prayers in a minimum of time. A Secure Prayer Channel technology allows guaranteed delivery of the prayer to Microsoft God servers, and Prayer Wizards enable users to construct new types of prayers with a minimum learning curve.

Microsoft Savior: This product will allow worshipers to transfer their sins to its internal Vice Database. After a preset interval, the product will erase itself from the user's system and establish a clear line of secure communications to the user's Microsoft God server. Additionally, Microsoft is expected to announce a line of complimentary products for the new Religions line, which will enhance the functionality of the Microsoft God server product by providing a customized user interface. These interfaces will be based on popular religious sects, allowing worshipers to interact with the new God product in much the same way as the previous version. This line is expected to include Microsoft Protestant, Microsoft Catholicism, Microsoft Judaism (incompatible with Microsoft Savior), etc.

Competitor Netscape Communications denies rumors that it is planning to release a competing product, Netscape Satan, that would attempt to render Microsoft God installations inoperable." - anonymous
*laughing so much my tea has in fact gone up my nose*
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#207060 Jan 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Mendacious? You are too polite, Mongo.
Topix is a great classroom, huh?
I bet you didn't know the Pope is an atheist, God was disproven by E=mc^2, and dinosaurs had no DNA.
Those 3 revelations alone are worth your time here.
Yeah, a dissembling Gal who eats bacon sandwiches with a Jew on the british Riviera. Watching topix can be like watching someone squeeze a blackhead out.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#207061 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I was being deceptive in that, I know the definition of add.

I was taking a cue from the Topix Atheist! handbook.
Deception is a christian trait, own it dude, take responsibility for your actions.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#207062 Jan 24, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
"Microsoft to Buy God
REDMOND, WA Microsoft Corporation today announced its intent to purchase, copyright, and upgrade God Himself. The new product would be named, predictably enough, "Microsoft God," and would be available to consumers sometime in late 1998, well before the millennium.
"Too many people feel separated from God in today's world," said Dave McCavaugh, director of Microsoft's new Religions division. "Microsoft God will make our Lord more accessible, and will add an easy, intuitive user interface to Him, making Him not only easier to find, but easier to communicate with."
The new Microsoft Religions line will be expanded to include a multitude of add-on products to Microsoft God, including:
Microsoft Crusades: This conversion product will bring all worshiper accounts and prayer files over from previous versions of God, or from competing products like Buddha or Allah.
Microsoft God for the World Wide Web: This product ties Microsoft God with Microsoft Internet Information Server, making our Lord accessible from the World Wide Web using a standard Web browser interface. It introduces several new Web technologies, including Dynamic Salvation and Active Prayer Pages (APP). Donations for the poor can be donated via a Secure Alms Server.
Microsoft Prayers: Using a Windows-based WYSIWYG interface, this product will allow worshipers to construct effective prayers in a minimum of time. A Secure Prayer Channel technology allows guaranteed delivery of the prayer to Microsoft God servers, and Prayer Wizards enable users to construct new types of prayers with a minimum learning curve.
Microsoft Savior: This product will allow worshipers to transfer their sins to its internal Vice Database. After a preset interval, the product will erase itself from the user's system and establish a clear line of secure communications to the user's Microsoft God server. Additionally, Microsoft is expected to announce a line of complimentary products for the new Religions line, which will enhance the functionality of the Microsoft God server product by providing a customized user interface. These interfaces will be based on popular religious sects, allowing worshipers to interact with the new God product in much the same way as the previous version. This line is expected to include Microsoft Protestant, Microsoft Catholicism, Microsoft Judaism (incompatible with Microsoft Savior), etc.
Competitor Netscape Communications denies rumors that it is planning to release a competing product, Netscape Satan, that would attempt to render Microsoft God installations inoperable." - anonymous
Do we still have to log on?

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#207063 Jan 24, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Is sunlight evidence of sunlight or of a sun?
We already know about the sun. If not, there would be no such thing as "sunlight".

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#207064 Jan 24, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are some godbots always so childishly stupid?
Could it be that they have nothing else so feel the need do make cr/\p up to make life seem bearable to themselves?
So sad…
Honey I have had such idiotic mockery from frigging idiots like you all my life and guess what, all it boils down to is unsubstantial and idiotic mockery, surely your god knows better?
But then again the way you and buck repeatedly go at it then it seems your gods don’t know any better.
I believe you on this one - that you have had mockery all your life.

I don't see it ending anytime soon.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#207065 Jan 24, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED**Science wants to be your tool. Bullshit wants you to be his tool. Those who have chosen to rely on rational skepticism and the scientific method have realized this.
.. this post reminds me of why I continue to read this forum ..

.. prayer is a form of meditation; it pulls the mind in, allows the imagination to run wild and helps an individual solve the riddle of life. Religion and dogma prevents a person from experiencing the wonder of life, it's someone else's BS ..

.. science accomplishes the exact thing but depends on evidence instead of imagination...

.. thanks for being here ..

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#207066 Jan 24, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I would advise more face time with his creatures.
I would also recommend that he turn the other cheek when it comes to sin and treat sinners as he would like to be treated. It's not that hard to put up with. Also, mercy is a virtue, whereas revenge is not. Sadistic revenge demeans anybody who indulges in it, even gods.
And you might throw in the axiom that revenge is a dish best served cold.

Hell is too damned hot.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#207067 Jan 24, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You don't want to learn how to cut up your own cucumbers into pretty shapes?
He also seemed quite knowledgable on how gentle to go when having sex with a male family member so as not to hurt them
Hmm, what else could he teach you? I was going to suggest the law but he didn't even know someone can get an arrest record expunged without needing for there to be a conviction and he claims to have been a big criminal defense attorney
Meh, I guess the decision to decline his offer was a good thing.
:)
HA HA!!

Do you think that when Catch is gently nailing his cousin for the first time, does he start with his penis or the cucumber?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207068 Jan 24, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Tissues?
RR doesn't use tissues.

God blessed me with two sleeves on my T-shirt.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#207069 Jan 24, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>

Point - but It’s so enjoyable scratching it
Honey, you are going about masturbation all wrong.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207070 Jan 24, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that there are thought processes that take place in our brain that are not fully understood?
If you say anything other than "No", your whole argument is disingenuous.
If you say "Yes", you are agreeing with me, that what I'm calling "intuition" does exist as a category of processes.
More criteria?

Of course I believe in intuition, I believe in a lot of things.

Without evidence.

You do too, you're just afraid to admit it because of your "rational skepticism", and all that jazz.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#207071 Jan 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are pathetic liar.
You claimed the entire Catholic church accepts Darwinism.
"Darwinism", as Catholics repeat over and over, as I showed you, involves life arising from non life, and evolution proceeding by purely materialistic means.
The Catholic church does not accept that. No Pope accepts that.
Why not just admit you were wrong?
Show at least a modicum of honesty. Can't do it?
Very well.
3 POPES beats one archbishop no matter mow much you whine about it so I guess it should be you admitting you are wrong.

But hey, you are buck and such a thing has never been known – right?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207072 Jan 24, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I'm sorry. Would you rather watch a Bible College Apologist fumble through an hour long argument that hinges on logical fallacies?
Here's the link again. Will you watch it, or not? Will it be an act of free will, or the inevitable result of causality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =pCofmZlC72gXX
I've watched bits and pieces of it.

I freely choose not to watch any more.

It's about as dull as watching grass grow.

Oh ya, I accept your apology.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207073 Jan 24, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
Is this leading to "Prove you have hands. Go."?
No.

It's new and improved.

Prove your hands exist.

Begin.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#207074 Jan 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> GD you are stupid about some things.
"Some" things ?

LOL

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#207075 Jan 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. You provided a Pope saying the Church accepts "Darwinism"?
I didn't see it. Could you post it again, please?
Remember, "evolution" and "Darwinism" are not the same.
I await your post. Surely you aren't lying about it.
There were enough links in the initial stages of this discussion, that fact that you cherry picked some of them is enough for me. I am not here to go round and round like a good godbot, I leave that up to you.

Dawinism : the theory of the evolution of species by natural selection advanced by Charles Darwin.

As I have said there are other DICTIONARY definitions all similar

So being a theory of evolution is a pretty conclusive pointer – we are not interested in you guesswork about materialism and atheism, just the FACTS

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207076 Jan 24, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you have a subjective interpretation of the Bible that you believe is true. Someone else could read the same words and come to completely different conclusions, using the same methodologies that you are using.
That supports my argument.
I'll take this opportunity to expand. Poetry and faith act as great insulators for bullshit. I'm going to use a little bit of poetry to make my point. I'm going to give bullshit and science some personality.
Bullshit doesn't want to be nailed down. It wants wiggle room, which is why it speaks in poetry. Bullshit knows that if it made a clear and specific claim, that could be falsified, people would have a very good indication if it was true or not. Bullshit also wants to have broad appeal, so it speaks in a sort of generic way to allow people to accept Bullshit by name, even if the details of Bullshit that each individual believes are slightly different, which doesn't matter to Bullshit. He just wants his name tattooed on your ass.
Science loves falsification. If Science is wrong, it wants you to know as soon as possible. Science asks you to believe for good reasons, because what Science has to say about the world we live in is important. If Science gets something wrong, people might act with good intentions and still screw up everything. That's why Science likes the scientific method. Where Bullshit asks you to believe something on faith, Science asks you to be skeptical. Science wants you to run him through a process designed to determine what is most likely true, whether that is something we like or not. Science expects you to modify your beliefs about him as you become better at determining what's most likely true.
Science wants to be your tool. Bullshit wants you to be his tool. Those who have chosen to rely on rational skepticism and the scientific method have realized this.
Strange that you'd capitalize "science" as if it's a proper noun.....

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#207077 Jan 24, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's a label for something observed.
It is identifiable as something distinct. We don't need to, and necessarily can't know, everything about it.
Does that go for God, too?

Actually, dark matter is not observed.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#207078 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I'm sick of defining simple words for idiots on Topix.
You mean you won't make up anymore of your daffynitions like how "kill" and "disown" mean the same thing ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Sbt 1,583,769
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr WillPhart 33,724
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr weaponX 316,372
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Aug 14 Into The Night 11,335
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul '17 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul '17 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web