Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254882 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#205719 Jan 21, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Who were these people and why are you the one and only person ever to have mentioned this alleged "fight"?
Do you really think people don't remember Serah posting about it several times and you going ape-chit in WSJLM?
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Or is it just that I left christianity behind and dared to disagree with a few of your posts?
I don't think you're in a position to cry about being attacked
You are the liar Juice. Again, do you think people don't remember you claiming i ran away like a chickenshit last time you intentionally started a fight? I am quite comfortable that people have seen me walk away from you repeatedly. No more
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
gfy
LOL

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#205720 Jan 21, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think you followed the order of postings
You replied to a post RR made to HL
If you saw that post, you would know why I said what I did
I assumed your reply to him was taking her post into account
In a nutshell, some people in here are trying to blame Christian Ministries in Africa for the spread of Aids
But the reason someone doesn't wear a condom for sex isn't religious if they also happen to be sleeping with random strangers, it is personal
I have an post a page or so back on the same subject responding to HL's post. You will understand my response to you better if you look at that. I took your post in conjunction with hers as like i said I assumed you were continuing her argument by your response to RR
If your post to RR was not taking that argument into considering, then I am not really addressing your post any more i guess. In any event, my intention was not to imply you said it. I thought that conclusion was what your post was based on
Perhaps. But your what you posted you were responding to did not say what you claimed it said. Just saying.

Location hidden

#205721 Jan 21, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
We both know you won't pull up the posts where I spent a week playing Poe to both sides, in February 2013, in WSJLM.
I didn't 'pretend' to leave christianity either and didn't leave the 'family' fb group until a few months later, which was to do with my lack of interest in gossip and planned group attacks as well as the fact that I had to close my old fb account, one I'd had for years.
You like making these types of accusations without backing them up.
Let's see you back them up, by all means, don't hold back but if you continue lying I can and will debunk you.
LOL

I always know when you read my posts by seeing when the icons are there!

I am sure you are in the middle of responding to the last one now that it has its usual round!

Get some sleep whackjob

I am about to myself

I am sure you will still be crazy when I wake up. I don't see any point in continuing this further tonight

:)

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#205722 Jan 21, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
More obsessive guessing based on your imaginative lack of interest?
I'll let you know if you guess something right.
Theist like Skombolis are so deeply indoctrinated in their trligion that they can not even conceive of someone leaving it.

To me, that speaks of a lack of critical thinking skills and a failure to realize that someone else is capable of coming to a different conclusion from the same starting point.

We all like to think we are perfectly logical, but we aren't. We may be logical for the most part, but we will each give different emphasis to the facts at hand. Or even, as in Skombolis's case, ignore them completely. And we all have some emotional baggage that will interfere with our thinking. Cf Buck. Some of us are more aware of our limitations than others.

Location hidden

#205723 Jan 21, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps. But your what you posted you were responding to did not say what you claimed it said. Just saying.
I don't see how it didn't

It made a direct link to the presence of Christian missions and the spread of Aids

I would have to go back further i guess to see if somehow that evolved from something else

But if the implication wasn't that Christians are teaching people not to use contraception was a direct reason for the increase in the spread of Aids then what was it saying?

That is exactly what it was implying except nobody says "I am going to have a one-night stand with this whore but I am not going to wear a condom because its against my religion"

If someone was following their religion they wouldn't be doing any of it. In fact, hang on, gonna copy the part of post I replied to:

HL wrote:
"today, because of Evangelistic prothletising, AIDS has become a major killer in some African countries .."

What else could that be implying?
Jim

London, UK

#205724 Jan 21, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
I am sure you are in the middle of responding to the last one now that it has its usual round!
Get some sleep whackjob
I am about to myself
I am sure you will still be crazy when I wake up. I don't see any point in continuing this further tonight
Religion really is the world's oldest mental illness.

Location hidden

#205725 Jan 21, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Theist like Skombolis are so deeply indoctrinated in their trligion that they can not even conceive of someone leaving it.
To me, that speaks of a lack of critical thinking skills and a failure to realize that someone else is capable of coming to a different conclusion from the same starting point.
We all like to think we are perfectly logical, but we aren't. We may be logical for the most part, but we will each give different emphasis to the facts at hand. Or even, as in Skombolis's case, ignore them completely. And we all have some emotional baggage that will interfere with our thinking. Cf Buck. Some of us are more aware of our limitations than others.
I can't type slower for it to help so you will have to promise to read slower

I couldn't possibly care less what Juicy is or isn't

If anything, if I did care which I don't, it would make more sense that I was glad a fraud who was not serious about their faith did not stay because it isn't good for them or the faith

But considering from my very first post on Topix i have never gone after someone first for what they believe or don't believe, you are going to have a pretty hard time convincing anyone it is because i care some anonymous stranger on the Internet isn't claiming to be a Christian any more is what the problem is!

If anything, I would say perhaps you are so desperate to add to your numbers in society that you are willing to believe anything someone tells you.

If you honestly can't see when someone is the type of person that will claim whatever they think will serve the best with the group they are hanging with, then you either are very naive or simply don't get out much. I am going to do you the courtesy of eliminating the option that you are simply that stupid

The only interest I have in what she claims is as it pertains to her credibility when coupled with her child-like need for attention. She can pretend to be whatever she wants to be until she comes my way looking for chit

Location hidden

#205726 Jan 21, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what does that make the people who think that yet still spend all their time talking about it?

LOL

Dumbass

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#205727 Jan 21, 2014
Skombolis wrote:

I have never tried to contact you once on FB. I accepted one friend request you sent me. After that, I got like a dozen more of people I had never heard of where your name was the only 'common friend'. I assumed they were additional aliases of yours and I rejected them

Divinity Surgeon wrote:

I asked you if you wanted to be friends on my new fb acc and you sent a request, all fb requests are on record, I accepted then later, when I realised how far you would go to stab people in the back, I blocked you. I donít have aliases, I have one profile per online medium, I do have friends and family all over the world that I keep in touch with online though, does that bother you? Other than my brothers, because they do that and I donít mind, I donít know who sent you friend requests on fb, itís not like you ever mentioned it before.

Skomboneurosis wrote:

After that I never thought about you again. I would have no clue if or when you blocked me as I never talked to you once

Divinity Surgeon wrote:

Interestingly, my blocking you, coincided with you spitting your venom at me here, a few days later so excuse me for calling bullshit on this statement from you.

Skomboneurosis wrote:

And I am not crying about being attacked! Why do you think I put in in parenthesis? You are not smart enough to even be considered someone that could attack me. I ignored you much like someone would a needy child acting out for attention. I mean, do you ever read your own posts? Go back and read the first one you just wrote to me and see the list of things you listed that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic, which was has the teaching of Christian ministries caused the spread of Aids

Not a single thing you wrote was relevant. You followed it up by an even dumber post!

Divinity Surgeon wrote:

No, you go back and read it again until you can understand it. You asked for a connection and I provided a few examples, your reaction tells me, once again, that I was right, you know not what you say when it comes to the situation in Africa, instead of chucking a tantrum, why donít you go read about it?

Skomboneurosis wrote:

You so desperately want to play your role that you jump in saying stupid stuff constantly because you value challenging something more than what you use as the challenge

Divinity Surgeon wrote:

I comment on what I know something about when it comes to various topics I might care about, I donít find discussing any topic with you a challenge either. You always resort to making up sh!t, just like Shrink and Iíve survived, successfully, much nastier Ďtough guysí than you. If you want to wound, know something, anything at all, then you might get somewhere without having to resort to troll tactics and lies.

Like the comment I made to you about your obvious envy of Catcher1, got to ya didnít it?

Skomboneurosis wrote:

You are a whackjob Juice and someone that should have outgrown the stage she is when she was 13

Divinity Surgeon wrote:

Oh wow, I like, wish I was as mature as you dude.

Peace.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#205728 Jan 21, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The versions of Christianity that are most insistent, oppressive, and dogmatic, are usually the most successful in developing countries. Because they are so powerful, they don't have to compromise. They can stretch their legs and promote policies that will make God the happiest. The end result of that is human casualty and cruelty like that of the Crusades, The Inquisitions, and the Salem Witch Trials.
Those days should never be forgotten. The old those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#205729 Jan 21, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No I think you are equating homosexuality in a one sided affair.
If a gay man rapes you , you did not participate in a homosexual act, you are the victim of a crime. If you define him raping you a "homosexual act" it makes you a homosexual by definition. Him raping you isn't sexual behavior between members of the same sex.
But it is a criminal sexual act by one member of the same sex.
Think about it Ar Ar even by religious thinking if a kid who was raped was in a homosexual act, then they are subject to the same punishment.
Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1
Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"
No the child was not in a homosexual act, the child was a victim of a sexual crime.
It has been determined the perpetrators of pedophile crimes are usually not homosexual or even heterosexual either, they are pedophile sexual.
Pedophilia has been described as a disorder of sexual preference, phenomenologically similar to a heterosexual or homosexual sexual orientation.
In other words they are sexually attracted to children and gender is irrelevant.
Let's not get started on the way the Bible treats rape victims, esp in Leviticus.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#205730 Jan 21, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think people don't remember Serah posting about it several times and you going ape-chit in WSJLM?
<quoted text>
You are the liar Juice. Again, do you think people don't remember you claiming i ran away like a chickenshit last time you intentionally started a fight? I am quite comfortable that people have seen me walk away from you repeatedly. No more
<quoted text>
LOL
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Who were these people and why are you the one and only person ever to have mentioned this alleged "fight"?

Divinity Surgeon wrote:

Produce the posts, I bet you wonít. I watched you do this for months, lying, refusing to back up your lies, then spazzing out when they were produced for you, contradicting your lies, naturally.

Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Or is it just that I left christianity behind and dared to disagree with a few of your posts?
I don't think you're in a position to cry about being attacked

Divinity Surgeon wrote:

You accused me of picking fights so I picked one, with you.
You did run away like a chicken and yes I said so.

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#205731 Jan 21, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
HL said nothing about evangelicals promoting promiscuity.
However, Christians in Africa have been promoting such memes as "don't use condoms" and "don't use HIV anti-virals...God will heal you"
Such actions promote the spread of AIDS without promoting promiscuity.
BTW...if you think telling people to not have sex is going to work, you are delusional. It has been tried throughout history by many religions, particularly the Abrahamic religions, and it has never caught on. The sex drive of humans is far more powerful than any religious sentiment.
Now THAT really is disgusting.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#205732 Jan 21, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Then what does that make the people who think that yet still spend all their time talking about it?
LOL
Dumbass
Ah, the mask has slipped. Beautiful.

(T) Peace.

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#205733 Jan 21, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's the only one that's contagious.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#205734 Jan 21, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
Get some sleep whackjob
I am about to myself
Running off like a chicken after making dishonest cheap shots? Again?

You're really obsessed with icons aren't you?

Cool, I'll look forward to reading more of your crying again whenever you decide to grace us with your dimwittedness again :)

(T) Peace.

*I think the (T) stands for tantrum*

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#205735 Jan 21, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.

It's classic Skomboneurosis to use dishonest inventions when he has no idea what he just read, although, it does seem to be a common thread with the religious. Especially the gossipy ones who are far more interested in the personal lives of strangers than what is actually being discussed, good thing for me, the guy has no clue how to actually upset me, I'm glad I blocked him before he got to know me, others were not so lucky.

As far as logic goes, many religious men seem to think women don't have any and become incensed when confronted with it, another common thread.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#205736 Jan 21, 2014
Just Think wrote:
I've tried having a discussion with you before, a number of times. Here's it goes. I mean, here's how it ALWAYS goes: You ask a question. I answer your question and then ask you a question. You ignore my question and ask another question. I answer your question and ask why you ignored my question. You ignore my question about ignoring my question and ask another questionÖ and so on. Tedious, yes? Now, I just mock you and point out to everyone that you're not really here to have a discussion with anyone. Enjoy!

[QUOTE who="mtimber"] No you just mock people because that is all you have.
I agree with Just Think. He has described my experience with you as well. In fact,I recently posted the following to you: "As I recall your last visit, you asked questions, made unwarranted assumptions about the responses - something about appeals to absolute morals that never occurred, answered no questions, then disappeared. Defend your own world view if you can. You can start by defending religious faith."

He mocks you because that's what you deserve for your posting behavior, which we have both found unsatisfactory and unsatisfying. The alternatives are to ignore you or write angrily to you. Trying to interact with you is like trying to have a conversation with a machine. There is zero evidence that you understand the posts written to you.
mtimber wrote:
If you don't want to discuss anything about your worldview then you have no right to critique another.
Where did this rule come from? And if it is a rule, then it applies to you as well. You give nothing in return, which would mean that your criticism here is unwarranted.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#205737 Jan 21, 2014
mtimber wrote:
Why should society accept homosexuality, upon what moral foundation does your argument stand?
We've been through this. I answer you, then you call my answer an appeal to an absolute moral truth.

The moral foundation is a man-made principle called the Golden Rule. We accept gays for the same reason that we accept you.

Now give something back just this one time. Describe your worldview regarding the appropriate way for society to view homosexuality, tell me upon what moral foundation it rests, and explain why that is not a man made principle. If your answer involves an article of religious faith, note that that right there makes it subjective, not objectively true or absolute.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#205738 Jan 21, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Religion really is the world's oldest mental illness.
Yep.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr Earthling-1 9,523
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr ThomasA 310,946
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Papi Chulo 32,247
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Thu Ela 39
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
News LA Tech's Tyler Summitt resigns because of inap... Apr 9 binaries 1
More from around the web