Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258512 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#205200 Jan 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Warren Throckmorton's website says Simon and Schuster is in partnership with Mercury Ink to distribute the book.
Are you calling Throckmorton a prevaricator?
Do you recall what publishing house accepted and published Throckmorton's book refuting Barton, "Getting Jefferson Right"??
Barton's book is a best-seller. Do you know how many of Throckmorton's have been sold?
Ran across a couple of reviews of Throckmorton's "Getting Jefferson Right" on Amazon's customer reviews:
"Author spends entirely to much time and effort to criticize someone else's work. After these criticicisms the author makes grand statements followed by a diatribe filled with unrelated events and little to no credible evidence of their remark. It is clear that this author was more interested in smearing the reputation of another person rather than presenting a fact based historical narative."
"I read this book and David Bartons book The Jefferson Lies.. I found Mr. Bartons book to be far more accurate and informative.
Did a little research on both men, appears to me Mr. Throckmorton has a very intense personal dislike toward Barton, however Barton doesn't seem to return that same dislike to Throckmorton.
I used google books to read the original writings of Jefferson, seems to me Barton gives a far more accurate account of Jefferson."
Yes, I will admit that Glen Beck's Mercury Ink has said it will publish the Jefferson LIes. But so far it has failed to do so.

And really, Buck. Glen Beck??? And you think this makes the Jefferson Lies credible???

Glen Beck is a loon. Certifiable.

I was unaware of any link between Mercury Ink and Simon and Schuster. Apologies.

However, it is still rather disingenuous to claim that Simon and Schuster is the publisher when it is actually Mercury Ink that is the publisher with Simon and Schuster as a partner. It is an attempt to claim respectability that just isn't there. Just one more prevarication by Barton.

Thank you Buck for pointing out one more area where Barton has been less than honest.
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#205201 Jan 20, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
You told us your poor wife was a homosexual Chris, did you lie?
No River did when she lied and smeared someone saying I am married to a homosexual present tense.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#205202 Jan 20, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It's always the common factor because of the way the acts are categorized.
If you want sex and are willing to break the law to get it, most would simply hire a prostitute.
This isn't a pleasant subject to explore, but you can't speak with any authority without understanding every aspect.
Then don't speak with authority, tide.

I understand that rapists crave the power and control, but the motivator in it is sex.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#205203 Jan 20, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Ben, I am honest. You just lied as you do countless times. Is this you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UpQRwcFGvyEXX
In other words you have nothing but insults and lies.

Thanks for proving me correct. You are a deceitful POS.

"How dare you question me ! I speak for God!" - age old religitard rant

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#205204 Jan 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Warren Throckmorton's website says Simon and Schuster is in partnership with Mercury Ink to distribute the book.
Are you calling Throckmorton a prevaricator?
Do you recall what publishing house accepted and published Throckmorton's book refuting Barton, "Getting Jefferson Right"??
Barton's book is a best-seller. Do you know how many of Throckmorton's have been sold?
Ran across a couple of reviews of Throckmorton's "Getting Jefferson Right" on Amazon's customer reviews:
"Author spends entirely to much time and effort to criticize someone else's work. After these criticicisms the author makes grand statements followed by a diatribe filled with unrelated events and little to no credible evidence of their remark. It is clear that this author was more interested in smearing the reputation of another person rather than presenting a fact based historical narative."
"I read this book and David Bartons book The Jefferson Lies.. I found Mr. Bartons book to be far more accurate and informative.
Did a little research on both men, appears to me Mr. Throckmorton has a very intense personal dislike toward Barton, however Barton doesn't seem to return that same dislike to Throckmorton.
I used google books to read the original writings of Jefferson, seems to me Barton gives a far more accurate account of Jefferson."
As for reviews on Amazon...you can find a review there to take any position you want. Really Buck. Now you are taking quotes from the public to support your position? Have you sunken that low, that you are taking the word of people that know nothing about history? And refusing to take the word of people that do?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#205205 Jan 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah - the new meaning system. How could I forget?
The new meaning system expunges any meaning that could show homosexuality in a bad light.
I'll try harder.
Did you also know atheism is lack of belief? So dogs and cats are atheists, and everyone is born an atheist.
It's hard to keep up. Sorry.
Apology accepted.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#205206 Jan 20, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
He is such a good little Christer, isn't he ?
"Lie for Jesus! " - Buck
Yeah. And the really confusing part is he claims to not be a Christian. Yet he is a Liar for Jesus. Go figure.

“I have a brain,I try to use it”

Since: Jan 14

<3London<3 <3Denmark<3

#205207 Jan 20, 2014
ALLAG UAKBAR

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#205208 Jan 20, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:

If someone doesn't mind murdering, they are deterred from getting caught, not from murdering.
Buck Crick wrote:
It's not about murder. It's about power and control.
~sniggers

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#205209 Jan 20, 2014
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's about having power over someone. Dominating and controlling them. Anyone can get sex, if that's all they wanted.
Anyone can get sex, huh?

Just like that?

Huh.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#205210 Jan 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for showing off your bigotry towards the poor.
You're a piece of work, man...
RR, a criticism of Buck is not bigotry.

"You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means"

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#205211 Jan 20, 2014
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>No, we wouldn't. Pedophiles already face lifelong registry in a database (therefore lifelong stigma), possibly lifelong monitoring, harsh sentences, and most likely a hellish time in prison if their charge gets out. And yet, it continues to happen. Deterrents don't work with these types of crimes.
Also - the grass is always greener on the OTHER side.
Oh wait, I thought for a moment we were all appending random idioms to our posts.
Oh geez.

Obviously the whole database thing ain't working very well as a deterrent.

Let's try chopping off some balls, see if that deters the would-be's.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#205212 Jan 20, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still quoting Barton to prove Barton, whether or not you consider it Barton answering criticism. Come up with someone credible responding to the criticism of Barton. Like someone that really has a degree in history. You have failed completely to do that.
You quoted Throckmorton. Does he have a degree in history?

Barton is recognized as a historical expert by both state and federal courts. Is Throckmorton?

Barton has been called to testify as a historical expert by both the federal and state legislatures. Has Throckmorton?

Barton was selected as a historical expert by State Boards of Education to assist in writing history and social studies standards for those states. Has Throckmorton?

Barton has consulted as a historical expert by public school textbook publishers, helping write history texts used in public schools and universities. Has Throckmorton?

The answers are no, no, no, no, and no.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#205213 Jan 20, 2014
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really suggesting that murder would disappear if we executed people faster?
It truly is amazing what the human mind can do when confronted with direct evidence that it's wrong.
No, I'm not suggesting that.

Of course it wouldn't disappear.

But it would slow down if a would-be murderer was thinking of the horrific punishment if they got caught.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#205214 Jan 20, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Martha and Mary were sisters,(family).
A common reference to lesbian couples.

Try again.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#205215 Jan 20, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>No River did when she lied and smeared someone saying I am married to a homosexual present tense.
ROFLMAO

She wasn't a "real homosexual" then.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#205216 Jan 20, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
In fairness, God hates all sin. Many sins are also considered an abomination. And the distinction means little practically as all sin leads to death
That's the way I learned it as well. I believe that it was Riverside Redneck who taught us that the Christian god doesn't hate at all.
Skombolis wrote:
When someone singles out a sin or uses a particular verse in isolation, it can give the appearance of that sin or sinner being somehow worse in the eyes of God than any other sin or sinner.[//QUOTE]

Agree again. And that is what has happened with both gays and atheists, the two groups that have been so demeaned that they have lived in closets to hide from the opprobrium. Fornicators, for example, don't need to do that.

[QUOTE who="Skombolis"]But when looked at in its totality, the Bible shows all sin is viewed the same
I've argued several times that the bible isn't the source of Christian doctrine for most Christians. It is the church. And the church does not treat all sin equally, which is the body of believers such as the faithful posting here.

That is what unbelievers care about - what the church and those influenced by it actually are - not what the bible says they should be.
Skombolis wrote:
What takes place way more on any given day, in any given state or country, lies or homosexual sex? While there is no way to prove this, I would think it is pretty obvious it is the former. If God was going to destroy any place for commingling abominable sins, it would stand to reason it would be the sin of lying. Although I personally do not believe God is passing judgement through natural disasters once there was a new covenant between God and all living creatures which resulted in Christ and the sacrifice
So IMO, someone does not have a basis to single out any particular sin. Either by the standard in which we must judge (not hypocritically) or by how all sin is viewed
Well said.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#205217 Jan 20, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
When someone singles out a sin or uses a particular verse in isolation, it can give the appearance of that sin or sinner being somehow worse in the eyes of God than any other sin or sinner.
Agree again. And that is what has happened with both gays and atheists, the two groups that have been so demeaned that they have lived in closets to hide from the opprobrium. Fornicators, for example, don't need to do that.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#205218 Jan 20, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I will admit that Glen Beck's Mercury Ink has said it will publish the Jefferson LIes. But so far it has failed to do so.
And really, Buck. Glen Beck??? And you think this makes the Jefferson Lies credible???
Glen Beck is a loon. Certifiable.
I was unaware of any link between Mercury Ink and Simon and Schuster. Apologies.
However, it is still rather disingenuous to claim that Simon and Schuster is the publisher when it is actually Mercury Ink that is the publisher with Simon and Schuster as a partner. It is an attempt to claim respectability that just isn't there. Just one more prevarication by Barton.
Thank you Buck for pointing out one more area where Barton has been less than honest.
I'll continue to check in with you for critical reviews of people.

By the way, Throckmorton's book was self-published. That means he could get no publishing house to take it.

I guess it's easier to get a book about history published when you're a nationally-recognized expert in history, than when you are are just a psychologist and gay activist.



Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#205219 Jan 20, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
As for reviews on Amazon...you can find a review there to take any position you want. Really Buck. Now you are taking quotes from the public to support your position? Have you sunken that low, that you are taking the word of people that know nothing about history? And refusing to take the word of people that do?
You want me to read your comments, and you know nothing about history.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Waxman Incorrecto 1,785,604
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 min Build the wall 346,442
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Chosen Traveler 36,123
News Racers' Stark opting for NBA opportunity Jun 20 Opting phartse 2
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 10 hojo 12,419
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 5 Public Accommodation 201,480
do you need a loan (Sep '13) May 30 zan 5