Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258049 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#204497 Jan 18, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Be sure to pick me up during the time of the month that I'm oscillating.
Can't I just pull the string?

Oh wait. That's what I said to Mia.

Never mind.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#204498 Jan 18, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Pedophilia is not about sex. Rape is not about sex.
It's about being in control of somebody weaker than you. It has nothing to do with homosexuality or heterosexuality. It is about a weak person preying on a weaker person to prove that they are finally dominant over something. It's abhorrent.
Sex is the engine. Without the irresponsible and criminal use of the engine there would be no crime.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#204499 Jan 18, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:

There's no point in trying to defend yourself.
On these threads, you have expressed views that are racist, misogynist, and homophobic. You have called black kids monkeys (because they're black), you have admitted to bigotry, and you relish in demeaning women and homosexuals in your jokes.
You've also shown us that you think it's cool--makes you a real American and all that.
There's no way your kids don't know the person you are.
No way.
M'kay, pumpkin.

I wish I could be as perfect as you and only hate the poor, the hard working, the uneducated and the Christians.

Help me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#204500 Jan 18, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
Religion shows its true colors...
http://whyevolutionistrue.files.wordpress.com...
And here are a few tweets following the picture...
http://whyevolutionistrue.files.wordpress.com...
That last one...the Eden / Julius Caesar tweet is just delusional.
That's a fake.

Made by a sign generator program.

http://www.signgenerator.org
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#204501 Jan 18, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no point in trying to defend yourself.
On these threads, you have expressed views that are racist, misogynist, and homophobic. You have called black kids monkeys (because they're black), you have admitted to bigotry, and you relish in demeaning women and homosexuals in your jokes.
You've also shown us that you think it's cool--makes you a real American and all that.
There's no way your kids don't know the person you are.
No way.
Go to the gym and have someone take some sheep shears to those underarms. Don’t be so nasty dude.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#204502 Jan 18, 2014
&fe ature=endscreen

Speaking of trucks.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#204503 Jan 18, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize how repulsive you are with the "little girl" crap?
Save all that hair that's cut from under your arms and make a pillow out of it.

You might even have enough to make a mattress.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#204504 Jan 18, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are way too young and inexperienced to be committed that way.
Be careful about getting committed.
Genes find ways to be attracted to each other to make new genes. Maybe a part of the pattern of the greater universe and its consciousness. Stitching pieces to wear.
You and your girlfriend can never make a new pair of jeans from scratch.
We'll keep scratching.

Maybe one day we'll get married and take one or two of those children that the good heterosexuals made and abandoned.

;-)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#204505 Jan 18, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Never mind.
Oh.

***BARF***

Hold on, I'm thinki....

***BARF***

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#204506 Jan 18, 2014
Just Think wrote:
Your god sounds like a rather insecure douchebag.
I find that people who believe in deities often project either their own characteristics, or their psychological needs, onto the deities, provided their is enough wiggle room within the boundaries of their particular deity belief system. Christianity is near boundless in this context.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#204507 Jan 18, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Reposted in case anyone wanted to see this. Again all I can say is wow. Most of the very things you rant about in these forums starts right here. I'd bet dollars to donuts when someone beats a homeless person for fun they too share this vile thinking.
When it comes to contractual vows, Catcher contributes by enforcing them. Whether it includes but is not limited to bankrupting someone or ruins their marriage or disrupts or shuts down businesses or tosses them in poverty or cause towns to take out long term bonds raising taxes or destroys reputations etc etc etc is of no consequence. Not that theres anything wrong with that if its legal and can enrich you. Same with getting a hardened criminal off on a technicality or by good polemics.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#204508 Jan 18, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is a sin. The Bible calls it an abomination. And it’s in the Bible my friend. The Word of God stands against it. We Christians are not in the business of promoting sin as if it’s perfectly alright with God. John the Baptist was beheaded because he told the King he could not marry his brothers wife.
What about the other sins? Homosexuality comes up often today because the Homosexuals in our society want to redefine marriage. Something I personally stand against. No one is trying to redefine drunkenness or theft.
“But truthfully I don't like how it makes Christians look when people go around saying God is sending natural disasters because of gay marriage. There is nothing biblical to suggest it.”
Do you remember the story of Sodom and Gomorrah? These cities were destroyed by God because of their unrighteousness. So yes it is in the Bible and the word “Sodomy,” is a direct derivative from the city of Sodom.
My rant was about California. Just connect the dots. Drought, enormous fires, earthquakes, devastated economics for State Government, prone to hurricanes, massive mudslides. It also happens to be a liberal State with Gay Marriage made legal.
The situation in California is not ever going to turn around. Unless the people of California turn away from their unrighteousness. You don’t have to take my word for it. Just keep an eye on California for the next three years and see for yourself.
Reposted as a public service announcement.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#204509 Jan 18, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> I still like you, even if you do have a bigger truck than me.
It only has a 15 gallon tank. I'm sure you can out run me.

If you get stuck, I can pull you out though. I have a big chain behind the seat next to my scarf.

Redondo Beach, CA

#204510 Jan 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He's American. Born n raised in Cali.
That's the funny part.
You didn't get it.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#204511 Jan 18, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is a sin. The Bible calls it an abomination. And it’s in the Bible my friend. The Word of God stands against it. We Christians are not in the business of promoting sin as if it’s perfectly alright with God. John the Baptist was beheaded because he told the King he could not marry his brothers wife.
What about the other sins? Homosexuality comes up often today because the Homosexuals in our society want to redefine marriage. Something I personally stand against. No one is trying to redefine drunkenness or theft.
“But truthfully I don't like how it makes Christians look when people go around saying God is sending natural disasters because of gay marriage. There is nothing biblical to suggest it.”
Do you remember the story of Sodom and Gomorrah? These cities were destroyed by God because of their unrighteousness. So yes it is in the Bible and the word “Sodomy,” is a direct derivative from the city of Sodom.
My rant was about California. Just connect the dots. Drought, enormous fires, earthquakes, devastated economics for State Government, prone to hurricanes, massive mudslides. It also happens to be a liberal State with Gay Marriage made legal.
The situation in California is not ever going to turn around. Unless the people of California turn away from their unrighteousness. You don’t have to take my word for it. Just keep an eye on California for the next three years and see for yourself.
You are right. My thinking is you could say most of this of the nation sadly. When you have a hero like Chris Kyle give all for the nation and not a word from the President. But let a homosexual ball player that has done nothing get a nod from the leader and say he has "courage". This is what I mean about perverting things. Don't be shocked if the entire nation soon sees the wrath of God.

Redondo Beach, CA

#204512 Jan 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
M'kay, pumpkin.
I wish I could be as perfect as you and only hate the poor, the hard working, the uneducated and the Christians.
Help me.
That's the snide, wiseass way you talk to your family.

For sure--a leopard can't change its spots.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#204513 Jan 18, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Never mind.
Just put me in a chair by the bed.

I'm sure I'll get turned on somehow.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#204514 Jan 18, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =RDG_VxVkM_oXX&feature=end screen
Speaking of trucks.
Nice. Truckers can now get a bj and forgiveness for their sin in one convenient location...

Redondo Beach, CA

#204515 Jan 18, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> When it comes to contractual vows, Catcher contributes by enforcing them. Whether it includes but is not limited to bankrupting someone or ruins their marriage or disrupts or shuts down businesses or tosses them in poverty or cause towns to take out long term bonds raising taxes or destroys reputations etc etc etc is of no consequence. Not that theres anything wrong with that if its legal and can enrich you. Same with getting a hardened criminal off on a technicality or by good polemics.
You give me far too much credit.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#204516 Jan 18, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> When it comes to contractual vows, Catcher contributes by enforcing them. Whether it includes but is not limited to bankrupting someone or ruins their marriage or disrupts or shuts down businesses or tosses them in poverty or cause towns to take out long term bonds raising taxes or destroys reputations etc etc etc is of no consequence. Not that theres anything wrong with that if its legal and can enrich you. Same with getting a hardened criminal off on a technicality or by good polemics.
The Lord has much to say on the law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Ghost War Hero 1,460,394
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Truth_Hurts01 32,621
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr The Bronx Brown S... 312,860
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Dec 7 Go Blue Forever 59
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Dec 5 Yin 17
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,371
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
More from around the web