Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#204139 Jan 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I'm a participant in the fight for the real estate, which is fallout from the schism, but have had an opportunity to witness the emotional price paid by people who are completely innocent of anything other than joining up in the church in the first place.
And the vicars feel absolutely no sense of guilt or responsibility for causing the heartaches.
I find it interesting that the Churches that have become morally apostate are quickly shrinking and closing.

I go to a growing evangelical church that has three services with 1500 to 2000 in each service. Many were generational former members of the Episcopal, UCC and such churches.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#204140 Jan 17, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>

Will you kidnap Bongo for me ??..
Do I get to beat him up some first?

How gooda' shape do you want him in?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#204141 Jan 17, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thatís easy to answer, the local congregation is the owner.
In church government money flows up in an organization and never flows down. And the lowest level is the congregation.
If the courts canít understand that then they donít understand anything.
I didn't get where the legal issue was either

Local churches pay essentially dues to be able to call themselves part of a particular denomination. Take the RCC for example, they don't buy local churches and then have people set up there. And if they did, then obviously whoever purchased the property is the legal owner. But the local parishes own their own churches. If they stopped paying dues they could no longer claim to be a Catholic Church but affiliation has nothing to do with who owns the property. So a split would have no impact on it either way. Whoever owned the property to begin with still would

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#204142 Jan 17, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> come on HL, you know a womans body is designed for a man, not a mans.
True. And a woman's feet are designed smaller, so they can stand close to the cook stove.

Ever notice how a woman's tits are in just the right place? Somebody was thinking of men.

And the fat tissue on the butt - so it bounces back like a waterbed.

Or jiggles when you whack it with a car antenna.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#204143 Jan 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Which leprechauns?
The ones that make heat resistant shoes, of course.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#204144 Jan 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Which leprechauns?
Any, leprechaun love has no prejudice.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#204145 Jan 17, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>The Duck Dude qualifies for number 7.

It's a good thing Jesus never stirred up any conflict in any communities.
Lol. The alleged three in one god hates the jesus.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#204146 Jan 17, 2014

Eagle 12 wrote:

<quoted text>
In church government money flows up in an organization and never flows down. And the lowest level is the congregation.
......Youre clueless. Its not such an easy answer. Often the main Church provides the seed money to start a Church. There are many variables as to how ownership and use is determined.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#204147 Jan 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I get to beat him up some first?
How gooda' shape do you want him in?
.. just make sure Bongo's head is flat so my glass of wine won't spill ..

.. when I'm done, you can AWAKEN him by reading. I have just the book in mind ..

"Enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth. It's seeing through the facade of pretense. It's the complete eradication of everything we imagined to be true." Adyashanti

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#204148 Jan 17, 2014
A religiously diverse nation with a religiously diverse military would have some serious issues if going to war with a nation that was one religion. Muslims in our Army would have reservations about killing other Muslims. You have faith, trust, and security concerns.

But Topix atheists have the answer. Make the country atheist, and the military. It can kill enemies with no compunctions. Pure following orders with no moral issues in the way.

I wonder if these Topix atheists are sponsored by the Pentagon?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#204149 Jan 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:

True. And a woman's feet are designed smaller, so they can stand close to the cook stove.
Ever notice how a woman's tits are in just the right place? Somebody was thinking of men.
And the fat tissue on the butt - so it bounces back like a waterbed.
Or jiggles when you whack it with a car antenna.
In the beginning, God created the earth and rested.

Then God created Man and rested.

Then God created Woman.

Since then, neither God nor Man has rested.

Location hidden

#204150 Jan 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are the "crazies," in your view?
The Vicarage (church equivalent of a Board of Directors) of each of the renegade parishes stated that, after long and agonizing biblical study, research and analysis, they arrived at the conclusion that the liturgy required adherence to the doctrine that homosexuality and homosexuals cannot be accepted in their parishes.
That was their "honest" and "sincere" conclusion. There are Christians here who would agree with this, you know. Clearwater for example, and various others I'm sure, whose posts I scroll through so I can't name them all.
Face it RR, many Christians believe that homosexuality is an abomination in the eyes of God. It's a sad truth that you have to accept.
It's bigotry, pure and simple of course. And what makes it so horrible is that it's bigotry that the bigots justify as upholding God's commands.
I would be interested if the decision based in scripture was made public, sort of like a court decision that someone can read.

I'd like to see it because it doesn't make any sense. I believe this happened, I'm just saying its not biblical. The OT says the treatment of strangers was the main issue and the NT further explains all the sins in Sodom were the result of the disobedience that comes from lacking faith. Proverbs 6:16 shows there are 6 other sins that are considered an abomination. And Galatians 5:16-21 and Revelations 21:8 show sins of the flesh are equal.

There also is no 'living in sin' argument that wouldn't equally apply to anyone divorced, having an affair, or having pre-marital sex.

And the only sins considered worse than others are sins against God as explained to Moses in Exodus and blasphemy of the Holy Spirit as explained in Mark

Someone would have more of a basis using how blacks were counted in the Constitution to justify racism today than someone trying to claim homosexuals are not permitted in the church. Any church can go by 1Corinthians 5:13 and remove a perpetual sinner if they refuse to stop sinning even after being talked to. But bring gay is not a sin. And the church would have no claim to know whether someone gay is having sex than it would to know if a couple not married was having sex.

My point is people may use the Bible (or misuse to be more accurate) to try to justify the bigotry thru most likely had regardless but just cause they claim in doesn't make it so.

La Veta, CO

#204151 Jan 17, 2014
Hmmmm....

An atheist and gay Army would be the thing. Troops would be motivated to save something really precious to them. Their buddy's ass.

Plus they could kill homophobes without batting an eye. They would only demonstrate once, by Darwin. Yes, sir, someone high up knows how to get things done. Push those Topix atheist buttons and make the world safer for the new America.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#204152 Jan 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then God created Woman.
LOLOL

I gotta admit that's a good one.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#204154 Jan 17, 2014
I know natural disasters have been occurring in California for some time now. But it seems to me thereís more now than ever before. From mud slides, droughts, earthquakes, enormous fires just to name a few.

Itís also a State with high taxes and economics problems. Why would you want to live in California? Itís just a matter of time this State is going to be overwhelmed with multiple disasters.

You can laugh and mock all you want but I just canít help but wonder if God is happy with the liberal agenda in that State. If you live in that State as you do Catcher. You need a real good trauma kit and survival gear. Cause itís just a matter of time.

Location hidden

#204155 Jan 17, 2014
Bongo wrote:
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
......Youre clueless. Its not such an easy answer. Often the main Church provides the seed money to start a Church. There are many variables as to how ownership and use is determined.
I decided to look it up after reading this. Like this article first addresses, most people naturally assume whosever name is on the deed owns the building. I guess it is more complicated than that in some cases.

http://www.gcfa.org/trust-clause-who-owns-our...
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#204156 Jan 17, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Hmmmm....
An atheist and gay Army would be the thing. Troops would be motivated to save something really precious to them. Their buddy's ass.
Plus they could kill homophobes without batting an eye. They would only demonstrate once, by Darwin. Yes, sir, someone high up knows how to get things done. Push those Topix atheist buttons and make the world safer for the new America.
if the law was changed to murder being only a misdemeanor, I wonder what would happen?

La Veta, CO

#204157 Jan 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then God created Woman.
Speaking of ribs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rib_cage#Variati...

I didn't know there was a variation as described in them.

You can even modify them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tightlacing

Gee, broke a few, but never gave them much thought.

La Veta, CO

#204158 Jan 17, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> if the law was changed to murder being only a misdemeanor, I wonder what would happen?
The survivors would be much more respectful of each other.

Topix atheism would go extinct.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#204159 Jan 17, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
LOLOL
I gotta admit that's a good one.
*curtsies*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min flack 1,567,897
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 28 min Patriot AKA Bozo 11,300
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr weaponX 315,374
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr AindaPharrts 33,452
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 12 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul 1 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web