Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#203826 Jan 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>RiversideRedneck wrote:
None of them.

That's stupid , why would I propose that?!

I want you to thank God.

God.

You know, the one we call "God".

Which is why I said "God", so you'd know which deity.

Apparently, Ben didn't figure it out, he praised Zeus...

Even though we call Zeus, "Zeus", not "God".

Dumb ass.
You mean hey Zeus!?

Why should I thank your alleged god over all other alleged gods?

Did you forget my question?

Location hidden

#203827 Jan 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Hateful anti-Christian tactics don't change the fact that people other than Christians do the murdering, too.

Hateful anti-Christian tactics don't change the fact that it's Christians primarily that are fighting to have the killing stop while atheists and secularists are sitting back worrying about "Self".
*he's getting cranky*

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#203828 Jan 16, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you can talk. You love their empty promises of prayer and are constantly alluding to being the only follower of the jesus character on topix. Are you a "real christian"?
When did I say I was the "only follower of Jesus" ?

When did I claim to be a Christian ?

You sound more like RR each day.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#203829 Jan 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You know, the one we call "God".....
Allah or Satan ?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#203830 Jan 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what YOU mean by "the church". But I'm telling you that there is no "the church", no one Christian doctrine.
Every church will teach slightly (or sometimes severely, as in WBC) than the next.
Here, this is a basic Christian doctrine test.
Don't cheat, see how you do.
http://carm.org/theological-test
That last question was hilarious.

Christians are really messed up.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#203831 Jan 16, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are the "crazies," in your view?
The Vicarage (church equivalent of a Board of Directors) of each of the renegade parishes stated that, after long and agonizing biblical study, research and analysis, they arrived at the conclusion that the liturgy required adherence to the doctrine that homosexuality and homosexuals cannot be accepted in their parishes.
That was their "honest" and "sincere" conclusion. There are Christians here who would agree with this, you know. Clearwater for example, and various others I'm sure, whose posts I scroll through so I can't name them all.
Face it RR, many Christians believe that homosexuality is an abomination in the eyes of God. It's a sad truth that you have to accept.
It's bigotry, pure and simple of course. And what makes it so horrible is that it's bigotry that the bigots justify as upholding God's commands.
I know that some Christians don't like homosexuality.

I know that some Christians even hate it.

But I haven't seen anything to suggest the Christian doctrine promotes bigotry or that a minority of Christian churches preach against homosexuality.

I think the Christian homophobes are a Christian minority.

They don't speak for us all.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#203832 Jan 16, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean hey Zeus!?
Why should I thank your alleged god over all other alleged gods?
Did you forget my question?
No, I didn't forget. You asked "which alleged god should I thank?"

I answered "None of them. Thank God."

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#203833 Jan 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You know, the one we call "God".....
BenAdam wrote:
Allah or Satan ?
Well if you spoke Arabic, you'd say Allah, not God.

But you speak English so you say God.

Satan isn't a god.

I thought you knew.

“going back”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#203834 Jan 16, 2014
Ok you all are getting hateful now relax. For sure you would make grade school students cry. I would like to know what the little girl who was told not to talk about bible was crying about when she was told by teacher she could not. I promise you in the name of Jesus i would really be afraid of my response if it was how you people show hate towards other beliefs.for the person who commented that there is not enough school days to teach every religion. Not if it is taught like what i feel here. I am afraid of your way of thinking. It is time to bounce, I fear no evil. but it is boring to read hate and negative people who think they are the shit.I am the shit i am not bull shit. Peace out my brothers, from remember one nation under GOD!!!!!!

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#203835 Jan 16, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Youre deluded enough to belive that hitler is a Christian? I say if someone claims to be one and their life is contrary then they are a Christian in name only. CINO get , lard ass.
Are you actually stupid enough to believe the rules to being christian can be written and adhere to your own concept of it?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#203836 Jan 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a christian.
I have been known to hit people, particularly when they stick their noses into my business and meddle, or make it their business to tell me what to do.
Maybe you should stop encouraging your kids to do that.
What you are is a bad example...of anything.

Location hidden

#203837 Jan 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No, I didn't forget. You asked "which alleged god should I thank?"

I answered "None of them. Thank God."
I then asked "why should I thank your alleged god over all the alleged gods" did you forget or are you confused?
Richardfs

Australia

#203838 Jan 16, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a lie. I kept my end of drongo's proposed bargain but I'm glad I didn't hold my breath.
Oz has some very good slang and drongo is one of them. I must ask where did you hear the expression?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#203839 Jan 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that some Christians don't like homosexuality.
I know that some Christians even hate it.
But I haven't seen anything to suggest the Christian doctrine promotes bigotry or that a minority of Christian churches preach against homosexuality.
I think the Christian homophobes are a Christian minority.
They don't speak for us all.
Just so you know what's going on out there, in the real world. Educated people, purporting to understand exactly how to read the Biblical tea leaf's and God' s dictates.

Self-righteously explaining to their homosexual congregants that unfortunately they can no longer worship in their parish.

Let's see if anybody here can put some lipstick on these pigs.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#203840 Jan 16, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I then asked "why should I thank your alleged god over all the alleged gods" did you forget or are you confused?
Thanking Santa isn't a entirely wasted effort, thanking god isn't either..as long as you say it to the right person.:)

Location hidden

#203841 Jan 16, 2014
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Oz has some very good slang and drongo is one of them. I must ask where did you hear the expression?
I live in Oz.
Richardfs

Australia

#203842 Jan 16, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in Oz.
Sorry your location tripped me up.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#203844 Jan 16, 2014
movinon09 wrote:
Ok you all are getting hateful now relax. For sure you would make grade school students cry. I would like to know what the little girl who was told not to talk about bible was crying about when she was told by teacher she could not. I promise you in the name of Jesus i would really be afraid of my response if it was how you people show hate towards other beliefs.for the person who commented that there is not enough school days to teach every religion. Not if it is taught like what i feel here. I am afraid of your way of thinking. It is time to bounce, I fear no evil. but it is boring to read hate and negative people who think they are the shit.I am the shit i am not bull shit. Peace out my brothers, from remember one nation under GOD!!!!!!
So, basically, you're insane.

Okay - bye bye.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#203845 Jan 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You say there's no evidence for God. How can you then say there's evidence that the universe works without Him?
Substitute leprechaun or vampire for God in that sentence, and then answer your question yourself.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Also, how can you dare to presume that we humans know how the universe works? We don't even know the size of the universe. Is it infinite? Finite? We don't know that yet, so any discussion on the 'nature of the universe' is bullshit guessing.
Such as your god hypothesis?

How about a leprechaun hypothesis? Are you willing to go out on that limb and take a bullshit guess against leprechauns? I don't see how you can. We don't even know the size of the universe. Is it infinite? Finite? We don't know that yet, so any discussion on there being no leprechauns somewhere in all of that is also bullshit guessing, right?

Location hidden

#203846 Jan 16, 2014
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry your location tripped me up.
Soz.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Canuk 1,658,511
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min Merry Christmas 322,238
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 35,100
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 15 hr Meat 11,915
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 26 Okboy 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web