Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255314 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#203451 Jan 15, 2014
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you read the bibull:-
Exodus 22:18 (KJV)
18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
So you you can see these crimes were commited not inspite of christianity but because of it.
You know it realy is apparent you don't do any thinking at all.
What can be learned from a narcissistic bonehead who see’s himself as a genius?

A. Not much
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#203452 Jan 15, 2014
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
So you you can see these crimes were commited not inspite of christianity but because of it.
A Christian would be erring greatly to obey Jewish law.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#203453 Jan 15, 2014
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
See if you can find where you are at in this scripture.

Genesis 22:5

And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#203454 Jan 15, 2014
Hint: We are abiding here with you.
Richardfs

Australia

#203455 Jan 15, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist inherently believe they have a superior intellect.
Not surprising so does a jack*ss.
Look we know you are a jackass, you do not have to tell us.

But you are half right, the difference is we know, not believe we are your interlectual and moral superior.

None of which has anything to do with my post which you carefully avoided responding to.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#203456 Jan 15, 2014
Sunny and 82 degrees here today--on the sand (water about 66 degrees F).

Beautiful full moon and starry sky tonight.

A little windy (Santa Ana winds, from the desert), but it made the tall palm trees look especially majestic.

We did have an earthquake (4.4), but it was at 1:35 a.m. so many of us slept through it and we didn't get stressed out.

Not too shabby.
Richardfs

Australia

#203457 Jan 15, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What can be learned from a narcissistic bonehead who see’s himself as a genius?
A. Not much
You really should not put yourself down like that.
ps. We know you are not a genius.
Richardfs

Australia

#203458 Jan 15, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> A Christian would be erring greatly to obey Jewish law.
Errr. Its your book of myths not mine, but aren't the ten commandments in the OT so by your logic a christian would be erring greatly to obey them.

That probably explains little things like witch hunts and crusades.

In your own words you do very little thinking.
Richardfs

Australia

#203459 Jan 15, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
See if you can find where you are at in this scripture.
Genesis 22:5
And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.
What is it with godbots and their obsession with butts?

But as I said you should learn not to put yourself down.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#203460 Jan 15, 2014
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Errr. Its your book of myths not mine, but aren't the ten commandments in the OT so by your logic a christian would be erring greatly to obey them.
That probably explains little things like witch hunts and crusades.
In your own words you do very little thinking.
you didn't misunderstand, you simply prefer dissembling.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#203461 Jan 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Public schools require the whole community, we all have a role.
I think we need to understand that we're not making products, we are creating conditions for kids to grow and develop. Schools aren't just about literacy and numeracy.
Is it the role of the public education system to teach how to make a shoebox diorama? How to limbo? How to play basketball? Why Obama is a genius? How to color in the lines?
Is it the role of the public education system how to properly put a condom on a phallic fruit?!
Do you object to any of those or is it just prayer you object to?
<quoted text>
"Viewpoint discrimination occurs when laws, regulations, or actions attack or unfairly discriminate against a specific individual or group because of the personal views of the individual or group, whether those views concern religious beliefs, political beliefs, or intellectual or academic ideas."
That viewpoint cannot depend on the content of the speaker or the viewpoint of the speaker.
I think the key word there is "unfairly". Who gets to decide that? I think it's unfair that the school board can override the Constitution and tell a child that he can't pray at the podium.
Viewpoint discrimination would only be applicable if the school board agreed to the Christian prayer but denied another student to give an atheist speech.
That is something I'd agree with.
Excellent post and questions

What exactly is the role if a school? If that I'd the objection you illustrated perfectly why that argument doesn't hold water

And what activity makes everyone feel equal? None I can think of. Does basketball help or hurt the self/esteem of those not athletically gifted? Does learning how to put a condom on fruit makes kids that don't date because they aren't as popular or considered as attractive feel equally included?

So the everybody should hold hands and feel special argument doesn't work. The everybody should feel equally included doesn't work. What about those kids that choose abstinence? The avoiding peer pressure argument doesn't work

Here is a little secret about life. Not everybody gets what they want all the time. And if the solution is make sure nobody can do anything so the unhappiness is equal or do the only reasonable thing and let the majority decide and try to rotate and be as inclusive as practically possible then I know which route I wanna go.

Has anybody ever filed a lawsuit because they are happy? That is not to say none should be filed. Some things are worth fighting. But other things IMO are people simply trying to parcel out their own misery. There are more important battles in life that seem to always get overlooked. That is my biggest issue. In a world of injustice, the places some people choose to focus their energy astounds me at time

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#203462 Jan 15, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> What pray tell would you be suing for? Money? How much would you be entitled to? Could you be sued for your child "correcting"? Could the school?
Nope, in secular schools it's ok to call religious babble fiction, same as the tooth fairy, regardless of how much a christian will spit venom at anyone who will tolerate it.

In contrast, in a christian school, a child gets detention for asking innocent questions, go figure.

I did say I wouldn't sue so your question in that regard is irrelevant, much like your sick religion will be one day.
Richardfs

Australia

#203463 Jan 15, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> you didn't misunderstand, you simply prefer dissembling.
I am doing neither you are been deliberately blind to parts of the bibull you don't like. In other words you are just another salad bar godbot.

My question to you is who died and made you the boss to tell the rest of us which bits are good and which bits are bad?
Richardfs

Australia

#203465 Jan 15, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, in secular schools it's ok to call religious babble fiction, same as the tooth fairy, regardless of how much a christian will spit venom at anyone who will tolerate it.
In contrast, in a christian school, a child gets detention for asking innocent questions, go figure.
I did say I wouldn't sue so your question in that regard is irrelevant, much like your sick religion will be one day.
Funny how godbots are the first to yell:-

"Help, help I am been oppressed come see the violence in the system."
Richardfs

Australia

#203466 Jan 15, 2014
Looking at the votecons either Drongo or Duck12 has given up and got the poos.

“lie2menomo”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#203467 Jan 15, 2014
I have really wish some how i could end this debate, I have been reading allot about past philosophy and will share a little a what i find to be true.
The (Socratic method)."I know nothing but the facts of my ignorance", Employee yourself improving by other men writings. So that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard.Buddha quotes, "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if i said it unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#203468 Jan 15, 2014
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it with godbots and their obsession with butts?
But as I said you should learn not to put yourself down.

Their God has a 'affinity' for mens foreskins

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#203469 Jan 15, 2014
movinon09 wrote:
I have really wish some how i could end this debate, I have been reading allot about past philosophy and will share a little a what i find to be true.
The (Socratic method)."I know nothing but the facts of my ignorance", Employee yourself improving by other men writings. So that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard.Buddha quotes, "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if i said it unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
Don't take this the wrong way my friend, but you really need to study English composition before contributing to the forum.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#203470 Jan 15, 2014
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Look we know you are a jackass, you do not have to tell us.
But you are half right, the difference is we know, not believe we are your interlectual and moral superior.
None of which has anything to do with my post which you carefully avoided responding to.
You did just as I expected. Snapped, growled, hissed and started pacing back and forth. I’ll wait till you calm down.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#203471 Jan 15, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Their God has a 'affinity' for mens foreskins
You should try it, circumcision I mean.

It’s best when performed with two foot long, razor sharp, sheep shears. Then dip it in alcohol to get that soothing feeling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min RealDave 1,383,878
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 7 hr Talkin To daStupid 9,639
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 hr Trojan 32,269
News Pastor's flock remains faithful (Jan '09) 21 hr Be Jesus like 36
News Four Halton field lacrosse teams heading to OFSAA Sat predators still o... 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Fri cpeter1313 311,215
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) May 26 Financial Consult... 6
More from around the web