Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#203378 Jan 15, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
God could be un-designed, all life on earth designed. Logically speaking, I don't see an impediment.
If so, the most unlikely thing to exist undesigned -a god - would be just that. Arguments such as Hoyle's fallacy that appeal to statistics have to account for an undesigned god existing.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Fergus, Canada

#203379 Jan 15, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I spent part of yesterday and today in damp, chilly, windy weather dropping a couple of 16 foot sections of 20 year old 6 foot cedar privacy fence down to 4 foot. Cut off at the bottom and dropped the top rails. Was too high for where it was, really, and I got tired of looking at it.
The cold and damp wore this tired old ass out. Makes me grumpy. And I'm a little constipated.
Plus Topix atheists are obnoxious idiots.
Heading for my nice warm bed. Goodnight.
judging from the amount of time you spend here,you must prefer obnoxious Idiots keeping you company,
why not go to your local church to hang with some inteligent folk?
LLL

Fennario

#203380 Jan 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You secular humanism isn't working for America.
Yeah it is. It's why there are no witch burnings any more. Do you understand that the church never gave up that option - it was taken from them. Isn't that enough?
christINSANITY is EVIL

Fergus, Canada

#203381 Jan 15, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They would still help you.
in what,keeping you constipated and die early

they fed these cereals to laboratory mice and in they all died in couple months,..

Fennario

#203382 Jan 15, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
I don't think he had to return. All matter and energy, all potential that was to be, is present in the singularity. "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God". Word = information? The key to the evolution of life from non-life, the evolution of the diversity of life, is information. It's presence, it's replication, and it's transfer. We discover new information in that process practically every day. And there is the quantum level of information and information processing. It was there from the beginning - somewhere. When the brain developed a sufficient information-handling ability, we had the arrival of consciousness. We learned "I am".

Thinking out loud.
Not bad, amigo.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#203383 Jan 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

I never said I didn't pray as a child. I said I think I didn't pray enough.
There's a big difference there. This, I think, is why you're having such a hard time debating. I'll say "I didn't pray enough as a child" and you'll read "I never prayed as a child".
HipGnosis wrote:
"I didn't pray >much< as a child,{{{SNIP}}}
No. That's not what I said, either.

Seriously, man. You JUST read the post and still fuck it up?!?

How?!?!?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#203384 Jan 15, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah it is. It's why there are no witch burnings any more. Do you understand that the church never gave up that option - it was taken from them. Isn't that enough?
Not for the terminal.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Fergus, Canada

#203385 Jan 15, 2014
destroy atheism wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't either. Atheists are the ones leading us in the direction of anarchy.
after all these years you dont even know what anarchy or atheism is porter,that tells me youre brain dead or a pathological liar

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#203386 Jan 15, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. public schools are becoming more secular ??..
.. when were they not secular ??..
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
When teachers and students prayed to God every morning.
When teachers and students read from the Bible for 10 minutes each day.
When a Christmas play was actually about Christ.
When Christianity flourished.
.. the teaching of God is a parental responsibility, not the role of public education ..

.. at issue is what SCOTUS calls 'viewpoint discrimination'(discrimination based on personal beliefs)..

.. CATCHER, you're on ..

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#203387 Jan 15, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:

Yeah it is. It's why there are no witch burnings any more. Do you understand that the church never gave up that option - it was taken from them. Isn't that enough?
I know you'd wanna thank secular humanism for that, but it simply isn't true.

The witch hunts started to taper off when the courts were reformed and the inquisitorial judge position was removed.

I don't know which churches approved of executing witches, you'll have to be more specific.

Since: Sep 08

Saguache, CO

#203388 Jan 15, 2014
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
judging from the amount of time you spend here,you must prefer obnoxious Idiots keeping you company,
why not go to your local church to hang with some inteligent folk?
LLL
Perhaps I have a sadistic streak channelled in a socially redeeming manner.

I enjoy beating up on obnoxious idiots of the Topix atheist persuasion.

There is no chance of engaging them in serious and rational discussion. Beyond their abilities. They are one way script reciters.

They gotta be good for something.

Easier than working in cold, damp, windy weather.

Getting time for my warm bed again.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#203389 Jan 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
When teachers and students prayed to God every morning.
When teachers and students read from the Bible for 10 minutes each day.
When a Christmas play was actually about Christ.
When Christianity flourished.
I'm glad those days are over.

Saguache, CO

#203390 Jan 15, 2014
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
in what,keeping you constipated and die early
they fed these cereals to laboratory mice and in they all died in couple months,..
I haven't eaten Wheaties in 50 years.

But you should.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#203391 Jan 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the school districts cannot prevent a constitutionally protected right, prayer.
And to impose a punishment for praying is absurd, especially your idea of revoking his diploma for it.
But that's exactly what the secularists want - punish people for praying. Y'all suck.
So it's your opinion that kids should be able to break the shcool's rules with impunity?

Gotcha.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#203392 Jan 15, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>When people actively cite those verses to justify oppression, discrimination, and assault, then they perfectly fit the definition you prescribe in your first paragraph above.
Always Gooda C'ya Sko!
Well..now we are kinda moving away from free speech and into the area of justification or rationalization for crime. I suppose what would have to be scrutinized is whether it can be considered a call to action. I am not aware of what the exact standard may be, although normally what would be considered reasonable is the litmus test.

There are many root causes for why someone may feel or act as they do. But so long as the actual speech itself isn't trying to incite a crime then it should be protected.

But I agree there is some gray area. For example, if I am speaking at a landlord convention I can't say we gotta group together to keep blacks out of our properties. Yet I could say it to neighbors. Just depends in the law, the intent, and the specifics I guess

But yeah, always good to see ya too Hip

(T) Peace

Saguache, CO

#203393 Jan 15, 2014
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_249...

Interesting.

And that is medical marijuana.

If they can still prosecute, then they are obligated to enforce.

However, the present admin can be selective if he wishes, it appears.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#203394 Jan 15, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I like you River but a lie is a lie. I hate nobody. And yes while that is Canada we have a potus that often speaks against the very nation he is the leader of and gives examples of other nations dong things better. Imo this really has little to do with homosexuals, its just an avenue to a very dark place. Everyone should be able to have a say and I see it as quite a danger to label something hate speech in way to silence people.
.. do you think it wrong to call a Black person 'Monkey'??..

.. how about calling a Jew 'Hooknose'??..

.. if you answer 'yes' to the above, is it appropriate to call a homosexual a 'perverted abomination'??..

P.S. Even if you believe Catcher & I are evil, we still love you.

Saguache, CO

#203395 Jan 15, 2014
Topix atheists love their anarchy, and preaching it.

Every one having the right to define morality and any words for themselves is a core belief of theirs. I'm sorry, core non-belief.

I wonder how they will instill law and order if they ever win?

How will they make the population act in concert?

Saguache, CO

#203396 Jan 15, 2014
Practical intelligence is not the long suit of a Topix atheist.

They are good at dreaming, though.

Goodnight and sweet dreams. Never know, they might be your last.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#203397 Jan 15, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I like you River but a lie is a lie. I hate nobody. And yes while that is Canada we have a potus that often speaks against the very nation he is the leader of and gives examples of other nations dong things better. Imo this really has little to do with homosexuals, its just an avenue to a very dark place. Everyone should be able to have a say and I see it as quite a danger to label something hate speech in way to silence people.
Sorry Chris. I should have qualified my usage of the word you. It wasn't personal. Just a general homophobes in America thing. Personally, I don't need the government being my nanny. I can, have and will continue to deal with assholes in my own unique way. It's more fun that way :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min trump bots 1,619,078
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 31 min ThomasA 318,295
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 hr Mothra 11,651
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 18 hr Trojan 34,438
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 30 Frankie Rizzo 201,871
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 29 Alice Meng 13
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web