Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255310 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#202117 Jan 12, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Then there are the multiple scientific errors about rabbits chewing cud and bats being birds.
Have you seen the biblical treatment for leprosy?
LOL, atheist site twirl. The Hebrew confirms no such conclusion.

However, it's not what we don't understand or disagree about that creates a problem. It is the things like germs that I noted, or radiation, or even the command to not eat shell fish that create a situation you must explain to brush aside the Bible.

Leviticus 14 describes the treatment for leprosy. Have you read it?

Smile.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#202118 Jan 12, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Radiation covers the whole spectrum of light. The glow could have been caused by a frequency that elevated the base current in the body or skin by EM induction, resulting in a luminescence, but insufficient to kill. However, it could have caused blindness if the optic nerves received it full strength. That would have been counterproductive if he had to chisel stone.
Speaking of luminescence. You can google luminescent skin. Google electroluminescence, too.

Glowing skin exists naturally to a noticeable degree, though not as being pictured here. However, Egyptians were quite fond of cosmetics to protect against the elements. This would have also applied to their ex-slaves and ex-princes. Maybe Moses had some makeup on that was electroluminescent.

Location hidden

#202119 Jan 12, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Radiation covers the whole spectrum of light. The glow could have been caused by a frequency that elevated the base current in the body or skin by EM induction, resulting in a luminescence, but insufficient to kill. However, it could have caused blindness if the optic nerves received it full strength. That would have been counterproductive if he had to chisel stone.
That would have mean't a sloppy Alien. Look what we would have missed!

Location hidden

#202120 Jan 12, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of luminescence. You can google luminescent skin. Google electroluminescence, too.
Glowing skin exists naturally to a noticeable degree, though not as being pictured here. However, Egyptians were quite fond of cosmetics to protect against the elements. This would have also applied to their ex-slaves and ex-princes. Maybe Moses had some makeup on that was electroluminescent.
When I was a boy, I collected the tails of fireflys and wiped them on my face. My younger brother was at the bathroom door demanding to know what I was doing. He did a running scream without moving when I opened the door...
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#202121 Jan 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
So you concede that Christians murdered more than 6 million Jews during WWII.
About frikkin time!
Since you are a Wallaby from down under. And a very poor student in world history. The Jews were unarmed as a people prior to their slaughter by the Nazi’s. Here in the United States we as a people are allowed to keep and bear arms against any threat foreign or domestic.

We take our freedom pretty serious. Our military Soldiers/Navy during WWII went into the Pacific war to protect your country from being slaughtered by the superior Japanese forces.

My country did that and your beautiful but sparsely populated country wouldn’t been able to hold Japan back. We paid for you freedom with our blood. Most of which was Christian/Judeo blood.

And you cocky bast*rds are talking down our right to be free and worship God as we please. We paid for your freedom as well as Europe’s. The least you could do is tell the truth about what is already written in history.

La Veta, CO

#202122 Jan 12, 2014
Back to EM induction and magnetism, primarily on the cosmic scale before I forget about it.

We will work locally, sun earth connection.

Magnetosphere generated by Earth. Not wildly varying, but does fluctuate in strength, and frequency.

The sun has regions and an overall that shifts periodically and can vary in strength wildly at times. Sun spots and their thingies.

That one interacts with the Earth's. Not just a magnetic field effect like you see between two hanging magnets, but intertwining loops that come and go, in addition to varying waves from the sun that induce electrical currents in the Earth and its atmosphere which then induce magnetic fields around them. Which then will be added to that base magnetic field. This can increase the attraction and repulsion values between the two bodies. Feedback causing variations.

This is not speculation, these are hard physical phenomenon that HAVE to happen. There is not the statism you hear about.

But you never hear about such things.

Anyhow, we are all caught in the middle of that crap.

La Veta, CO

#202123 Jan 12, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was a boy, I collected the tails of fireflys and wiped them on my face. My younger brother was at the bathroom door demanding to know what I was doing. He did a running scream without moving when I opened the door...
LOL!

I caught them but always let them go. Never tried that.

But back to Moses. Just like going out into the sun, he could have put on makeup on before those session. All he needed to shine was some in the pores.

There are theatrical makeups that are designed to glow.

But it could have been his own chemistry being affected.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#202124 Jan 12, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What killed the Jews in Europe during WWII was intolerant and bigoted Nazi party members that esteemed itself as superior to the Jewish race.
This same kind of intolerance I see in people like yourself. Your ill attempt to twist history in your favor makes you look no different than Nazi Germany.
True words. Now he will lie and say you are a bigot and full of intolerance. Its what he does.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#202125 Jan 12, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are a Wallaby from down under. And a very poor student in world history. The Jews were unarmed as a people prior to their slaughter by the Nazi’s. Here in the United States we as a people are allowed to keep and bear arms against any threat foreign or domestic.
We take our freedom pretty serious. Our military Soldiers/Navy during WWII went into the Pacific war to protect your country from being slaughtered by the superior Japanese forces.
My country did that and your beautiful but sparsely populated country wouldn’t been able to hold Japan back. We paid for you freedom with our blood. Most of which was Christian/Judeo blood.
And you cocky bast*rds are talking down our right to be free and worship God as we please. We paid for your freedom as well as Europe’s. The least you could do is tell the truth about what is already written in history.
I'm pretty sure he's from Pennsylvania but nice rant.

Location hidden

#202126 Jan 12, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
I caught them but always let them go. Never tried that.
But back to Moses. Just like going out into the sun, he could have put on makeup on before those session. All he needed to shine was some in the pores.
There are theatrical makeups that are designed to glow.
But it could have been his own chemistry being affected.
Lot's of possibilities, but the combination of events is simply profound. The results, more so.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#202127 Jan 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
WWII German "veterans", huh?
Lol, ok.
Who are they? List some names.
Most of the male population of Germany born before 1931.

Just when I think you can't be a bigger douche bag you surprise me.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#202128 Jan 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The 1st Amendment doesn't apply here.
The group that wants the statue of Satan isn't Congress....
<quoted text>
That isn't what I said.
Don't try again.
Poor Riverside Retard caught in a lie once again.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#202129 Jan 12, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
True words. Now he will lie and say you are a bigot and full of intolerance. Its what he does.
Only because it is true.

How do you know a Topix Christian is lying ?

Their fingers are typing.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#202130 Jan 12, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure he's from Pennsylvania but nice rant.
Correct. I am a US citizen.

Eagle seems to be a citizen of LaLaLand. He is in error of US law as much as the Bible.

It seems to be the Christian thing to do.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#202131 Jan 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
WWII German "veterans", huh?
Lol, ok.
Who are they? List some names.
BenAdam wrote:
Most of the male population of Germany born before 1931.
Just when I think you can't be a bigger douche bag you surprise me.
What?! That's your answer? Seriously?

You claimed that the German "veterans" of WWII disagree.

I asked you to list a few names.

Your answer is 'most of them'?

Your concession is noted but not accepted.

List done names, Ben.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#202132 Jan 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Riverside Retard caught in a lie once again.
"Thanks once again for proving blah, blah, blah."

You're such a pissant little weasel.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#202133 Jan 12, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, atheist site twirl. The Hebrew confirms no such conclusion.
However, it's not what we don't understand or disagree about that creates a problem. It is the things like germs that I noted, or radiation, or even the command to not eat shell fish that create a situation you must explain to brush aside the Bible.
Leviticus 14 describes the treatment for leprosy. Have you read it?
Smile.
Yes I have. My favorite is that one, and then how it tells me how to get leprosy out my walls. Killing the pigeons and smearing the blood around is integral to both. I try to get leprosy at least once a year so's I can kill pigeons and smear the blood around. God really likes blood smeared around, it's indicated in a host of just such cures.

Don't forget to mention the Bible's scientific prescience when it comes to genetic selection. Genesis 30 tells us how to make striped goats. Have you read it?

And Leviticus 11 teaches about the taxonomy of bats and other related birds.

Then there's Exodus 4 which tells us of the origin of crippling birth defects. Not sure that's a bragging point, but this God is a capricious sort.

Genesis 6 teaches all about a fascinating sort of alien/human miscegenation, and this looong before the National Enquirer-type rags.

Then there's the complete suspension of physical law as told by Isaiah where the sun stops, and turns backward for a spell, and nobody spills a single drop of their coffee!

Yessiree, that Bible is a fascinating repository of scientific lore.

Grin.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#202134 Jan 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. I am a US citizen.
Eagle seems to be a citizen of LaLaLand. He is in error of US law as much as the Bible.
It seems to be the Christian thing to do.
Let me guess, you’re from Dumbshitsville Pennsylvania?

That’s in Dumbassville County isn’t it?

Let me compliment you Sir, you represent the best Pennsylvania has to offer.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#202135 Jan 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because it is true.
How do you know a Topix Christian is lying ?
Their fingers are typing.
I like your State’s motto by the way. It’s so unusual and stands aside from all the other states.

Pennsylvania’s Motto:“Don’t Marry Your Sister.”

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#202136 Jan 12, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
I went to my psychiatrist to be psychoanalyzed
To find out why I killed the cat and blacked my husband’s eye.
He laid me on a downy couch to see what he could find,
And here’s what he dredged up, from my subconscious mind.
When I was one, my mummy hid my dolly in a trunk
And so it follows, naturally, that I am always drunk.
When I was two, I saw my father kiss the maid one day,
and that is why I suffer from kleptomania.
At three I had a feeling of ambivalence towards my brothers
and so it follows naturally I poisoned all my lovers.
but I am happy now I have learned the lessons this has taught:
Everything I do that’s wrong, is someone else’s fault!
Written by Anna Russell... Psychiatric Folk Song
Thanks.

That sums up the essence and mentality of Christianity quite nicely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min TeaRumpster 1,383,503
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Three Rounds 311,214
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) 19 hr Financial Consult... 6
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 hr Trojan 32,267
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 24 IB DaMann 9,635
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) May 23 Ceren 39
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) May 22 01niner 201,860
More from around the web