Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
191,821 - 191,840 of 226,391 Comments Last updated 58 min ago

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#200019 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well geez.
Your awesome googling abilities clearly mean you understand Scripture better than I.
But I will agree with you one thing, the KJV isn't a reliable translation.
Oh, sorry. Buck doesn't denigrate my use of links. He just ignores them.

Maybe he hasn't figured out if you click on the blue text it will present a different web page.

#200020 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. The Bible's instructions of sexual immorality covers it all.
LOL.

But the Bible's prohibitions against multiple fabrics don't apply at all any more?

And when the Ten Commandments says "Thou shalt not kill", why doesn't that cover it all. Why do so many theists consider war and the death penalty AOK? Shouldn't "Thou shalt not kill" cover those as well?

#200021 Jan 6, 2014
UidiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Boy that sound like those 72 virgin that they mock and make fun off. bahhahaaaa
I've always wondered about the "virgins" part. Shouldn't they want 72 highly experienced women instead?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#200022 Jan 6, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Sure it was actually, and no one knows this so keep it hush, it was God up in heaven with a huge magnifying glass attempting to fry Moses like kids do with ants. The Alien was protected by his force field, Moses used the tablets that the 10 commandments were written on as a shield. Thank Crom for those stone tablets, or Moses wouldn't have been around to oversee the rape of all those thousands of virgins that God ordered.
Um, I don't think the Jews would be around. No other culture has maintained identity as long, and with such distinction.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/J...

Interesting, huh.

Smile.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#200023 Jan 6, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, people like you and Buck really make me <headdesk>!
If I don't provide links or quotes, you complain that I am presenting things lacking evidence.
If I DO provide links or quotes, you denigrate my use of Google.
Do you not see the hypocrisy there?
I think that despite their dribblings, ar ar and bucky duck are doing great things for the mentally challenged population of the world.

They are giving them hope and confidence in their abilities and brain power.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#200024 Jan 6, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah...right, RR. And I suppose you can spout all the different Bible translations off the top of your head and not make a single mistake.
Google is your friend.
This might help.

I had to inform Ar Ar he was a Protestant Christian. The discussion went on over numerous posts - pages - with him denying he was a Protestant.

<Ar Ar> "I'm a Pentecostal, or maybe Evangelical Christian, but I'm not a Protestant"

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#200025 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I threw a red herring out there for ya because the conversation was going nowhere fast.
You have your beliefs and I have mine.
It's incredibly unlikely that either will change.
Well that may be, but for myself, I'm open to any and all fact-based information, and I'm highly skeptical of dogma and ideology. In that light, my beliefs have changed considerably over the last 10 years.

All I can say is this - if you haven't read your Bible yet (and I seriously doubt you have), for heaven's sake don't start now. It'll change everything.

Go in peace and joy and in the light of knowledge.
HipG

Location hidden

#200026 Jan 6, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
"Poorly mimic"? "Clearly inferior" according to whom?
Seems to me, this is just your prejudice talking.
Do you even realize this is the same sort of talk about African Americans that came out of the Jim Crow South?
Don't bail on me again with ad homoan attacks and scoffing masquerading as intelligence.

~The result of a duplicate gender relationship is not distinct from the union of diverse genders?

~The intimate expression of oneness is not poorly mimicked in anal abuse?

~The barren desolation of a ss couple is not inferior to the fruit a marriage produces?

That's just a start of simple obvious facts.

SMile.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#200029 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to add:
Every now and then, someone posts a comment that makes go WOOOOOAH.....
And then, believe it or not, I think.
For what it's worth, RR, I think some posters here are a little rough on you. Your opinions are just as valid as theirs or mine. I seldom agree with your opinions but that's OK. I must admit that there are times when I wish I was normal. Those times are rare. For the most part, I'm OK with what and who I am. That's what counts, right?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#200030 Jan 6, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
LOL.
But the Bible's prohibitions against multiple fabrics don't apply at all any more?
Not to Christians, no.

That's a Levitical law written for the ancient Israelites in order to prevent them from engaging fertility cult practices of the Canaanites.

It does not pertain to Christians.
And when the Ten Commandments says "Thou shalt not kill", why doesn't that cover it all.
Why did you say the KJV is a bad translation then turn around and quote it?
Why do so many theists consider war and the death penalty AOK? Shouldn't "Thou shalt not kill" cover those as well?

It's "thou shalt not murder", not "kill".

Location hidden

#200031 Jan 6, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
According to the Bible, marriage is between one man and 700 wives and 300 concubines.
Solomon must have been continuously exhausted.
And one has to wonder what all those wives and concubines were doing to relieve sexual tension while Solomon was busy elsewhere...which would have been almost all the time.
But then, does anyone recall the Bible prohibiting women lying with women?
Polygamy is hardly supported in the Bible. Solomon is a perfect example, as the Bible notes.

There is not one example of polygamy in the Bible that does not express serious complications.

The Bible virtually begins with God's design for marriage. Jesus repeats it, and so does Paul.

Why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian?

SMile.

Location hidden

#200032 Jan 6, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah...then you agree with my statement the "Jesus made the laws obsolete". So why did you say you DISAGREED with that statement?
And if the old laws don't apply anymore, why are you on a rant against homosexuals?
Cafeteria Christian.
Am I on a rant "against" homosexuals?!

Where'd you get that idea from?

Location hidden

#200033 Jan 6, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, all you theists look alike to me.:-)
Oh, so you're just biased.

I'll keep that in mind.

Lemme guess, you're an atheist...

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#200034 Jan 6, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, people like you and Buck really make me <headdesk>!
If I don't provide links or quotes, you complain that I am presenting things lacking evidence.
If I DO provide links or quotes, you denigrate my use of Google.

Do you not see the hypocrisy there?
Do you not see the evasion tactic there?

Or, in Red's words, "the red herring".

;)

Location hidden

#200035 Jan 6, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always wondered about the "virgins" part. Shouldn't they want 72 highly experienced women instead?
Right?

Who wants to hear this 72 times...

"You'll call me tomorrow, right?"
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#200036 Jan 6, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's located in the box in the far right under "religion."
It says RELIGION --NONE the (atheist) simply because winkipedia has not found a way to denote someone without religion as being anything other than an Atheist which is simple not true. You cannot have a God and still NOT be considered an Atheist. Would you classify Jainism or Taoism as being Atheist? Both of these disciplines have NO God. It is totally possible to have a religion without God, in fact it is incorrect to call either of these disciplines a religion, since the very definition of religion includes the belief in and the worship of a superhuman controlling power. So simply because Kim has no religion does not automatically make him an Atheist.

Now, how is Kim feeding his uncle to a pack of dogs any different from God feeding a group of teenagers to some bears?
UidiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#200037 Jan 6, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too! Boy with 72 HigHly experience women will surely put heavy dent in any kingdom... bahahahaaaa

Location hidden

#200038 Jan 6, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Well that may be, but for myself, I'm open to any and all fact-based information, and I'm highly skeptical of dogma and ideology. In that light, my beliefs have changed considerably over the last 10 years.
All I can say is this - if you haven't read your Bible yet (and I seriously doubt you have), for heaven's sake don't start now. It'll change everything.
Go in peace and joy and in the light of knowledge.
HipG
I recall an old Mexican proverb:

Si seņor
My pants are tore

Gimme some pesos
And I'll buy some more

*a single tear ebbs*

Location hidden

#200039 Jan 6, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
For what it's worth, RR, I think some posters here are a little rough on you. Your opinions are just as valid as theirs or mine. I seldom agree with your opinions but that's OK. I must admit that there are times when I wish I was normal. Those times are rare. For the most part, I'm OK with what and who I am. That's what counts, right?
Shit, I'm glad I ain't normal.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Carrion.

#200040 Jan 6, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
This might help.
I had to inform Ar Ar he was a Protestant Christian. The discussion went on over numerous posts - pages - with him denying he was a Protestant.
<Ar Ar> "I'm a Pentecostal, or maybe Evangelical Christian, but I'm not a Protestant"
LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min Big Sky 305,463
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min woodtick57 1,100,589
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Bruin Nation 27,092
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••