Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247703 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#200048 Jan 6, 2014
UidiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Me too! Boy with 72 HigHly experience women will surely put heavy dent in any kingdom... bahahahaaaa
72 highly experienced women would certainly be too much. Think how sore you would be the next day.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#200049 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Morality is relative, blackbaboon
On issues of wellbeing it is NOT relative. All humans recognize murder as NOT beneficial, and one human owning and controlling anther human is also not beneficial. Slavery was immoral 2000 years ago, its immoral now and it will be immoral 2000 years from now. Keep wiggling, you're good at it!!!

#200050 Jan 6, 2014
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...

Seems a Seventh Day Adventist pastor decided to perform and experiment and see what it was like to be an atheist. He decided to spend a year attending atheist meetings and reading atheist literature.

Well, four days into his experiment he found out one thing. He was a professor at a Christian university and seminary and a councilor for the Seventh Day Adventist church. Was. But no longer. He has been fired from both jobs for his experiment. He was told he needs to rededicate his life to Jesus. Even though he had not stopped believing in Jesus.

Well, his explorations into atheism have already showed him how Christians tend to treat atheists.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#200051 Jan 6, 2014
porter reincarnated wrote:
<quoted text>
Fuyck you.
Yet another extremely intelligent post from way down South in the land of inbreeding homophobic hillbillies. You spelled fuyck wrong numbnuts!!!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#200052 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's a question I can't get any gay person to answer. Not here, not anywhere.
The flip side to that question is why do men walk and talk and dress like women to attract other men?
When you ask these kinds of questions, you get labeled a homophobe, a closet gay or, like Darwin just said to me, you're ranting against gays.
o.O
If you want to know the answer to those questions you should probably ask somebody who acts like that. It's like me asking you why some heterosexual men are nice and some are rude asfuck. You could give me your opinion on that but it won't answer the question.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#200053 Jan 6, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
And isn't god supposed to also take care of his people?
He does.
So God can dispose of life any way he chooses?
That would seem to be the case since He provides life in the first place.
Thanks for confirming that your God is not a loving, caring, compassionate and just God.[QUOTE] He is and He also administers justice. Eventually judgement comes down. The grace period expires.[QUOTE] Your analogy is horribly flawed, a judge is simply carrying out the will of the people, people who have deemed that the taking of a life is the most hideous of crimes and the offender should also forfeit his/her life.
My argument was based on authority. Either way your question was answered. Your vitriol against a God you do not believe exists is puzzling. Why ask questions in which you really will not accept answers? Are you so thick you cannot accept it all even in theory without raising a fuss? It is almost as if you somehow feel threatened.
Your God kills for no good reason,
Prove it. God owes you nothing. The air you breath is by the grace of God.
and is not only NOT held accountable but is worshiped.
Your knee will bow. But it will probably be too late. Hope not.
A God that kills wantonly, for no good reason, is a God worse that any murdering human including KimJung-Un. You worship a murdered, and worse, a baby killer, and just why you are not totally embarrassed to admit to worshiping this evil being is a mystery to me. Shame on you!!!
More vitriol. I do not seek your approval . Peace.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#200054 Jan 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy is hardly supported in the Bible. Solomon is a perfect example, as the Bible notes.
There is not one example of polygamy in the Bible that does not express serious complications.
The Bible virtually begins with God's design for marriage. Jesus repeats it, and so does Paul.
Why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian?
SMile.
What happened to Lilith?

Why does KiMare act like a total fuckweasel?

These questions may never be answered.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#200055 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Shit, I'm glad I ain't normal.
Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Carrion.
Ask god why the current weather is trying to kill us. Hell, I live near Cleveland - isn't that punishment enough?

#200056 Jan 6, 2014
Buck...

Note that a short time back we started a discussion on David Barton and his misrepresentations of history.

Despite my mentioning Rodda's book "Debunking David Barton's Jefferson Lies" you claimed I never present any evidence supporting my statements about Barton.

In response, I gave you numerous links discussing Barton's lies about history.

And what have you said since?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Guess you were that embarrassed about being wrong.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#200057 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd probably shoot him.
You?
Yet another Redneck dodge.

You're a scummy guy.

Long Beach, CA

#200058 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the balls to admit when I'm wrong and the courage to grow as a human being.
Do you? It sure as hell don't seem like it.
You don't have the balls to admit when you're wrong, and you are lacking in any courage.

You play games; you're a wiseass.

You're transparent and fool nobody, and it will catch up with you.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#200059 Jan 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't bail on me again with ad homoan attacks and scoffing masquerading as intelligence.
~The result of a duplicate gender relationship is not distinct from the union of diverse genders?
~The intimate expression of oneness is not poorly mimicked in anal abuse?
~The barren desolation of a ss couple is not inferior to the fruit a marriage produces?
That's just a start of simple obvious facts.
SMile.
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you clearly don't know what an ad hominem attack is.
As for the rest, you only think these are "simple obvious facts" because they fit your prejudices.
Oh, here we go again.

Which of the three points is a prejudice and not a fact?

SMile.

Long Beach, CA

#200061 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to add:
Every now and then, someone posts a comment that makes go WOOOOOAH.....
And then, believe it or not, I think.
I wouldn't say you're dumb.

But you sure are stupid.

Stupid and ignorant.

Of course you'll "grow" now and then. Posters here have forced you to think a little, and realize your own ignorance.

But you're starting below the bottom, if that's possible.

Location hidden

#200062 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's a question I can't get any gay person to answer. Not here, not anywhere.
The flip side to that question is why do men walk and talk and dress like women to attract other men?
When you ask these kinds of questions, you get labeled a homophobe, a closet gay or, like Darwin just said to me, you're ranting against gays.
o.O
I'm a genetic chimera and a hermaphrodite. I survive as a monster mutation because I face the truth and understand it. It brings light and life. Freedom from shame.

I am amazed when I encounter homosexuals who suffer all kinds of indignities and yet refuse to understand their condition.

Instead, they lash out at the One who cares. I can only understand it as spiritual blindness. None so blind as those who refuse to see.

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#200063 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I still don't know if I'm a Protestant, I've never paid too much attention to denominations.
I'm a Protestecostalvangelicist.
Or something like that.
We think you're pretty much, coo coo for coco puffs.

Location hidden

#200064 Jan 6, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to know the answer to those questions you should probably ask somebody who acts like that. It's like me asking you why some heterosexual men are nice and some are rude asfuck. You could give me your opinion on that but it won't answer the question.
I have.

However, it is an expression of mating behavior. It is probably the most powerful force in your physical existence. At least as strong as your desire to breath, eat, drink water and live. Probably more.

The question exposes a woman who almost wants to be a man (transgendered) being attracted to a woman who almost wants a man (or maybe bisexual). An expression of the spectrum of sexuality extremes within lesbianism.

Now, why does a question like that arouse anger in you instead of curiosity?

What are you afraid of?

What do you think might happen if you walk into that fear?

Location hidden

#200065 Jan 6, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to Lilith?
Why does KiMare act like a total fuckweasel?
These questions may never be answered.
Wow, the vicious anger...

Can only imagine how that affects your world.

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#200066 Jan 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I have.
However, it is an expression of mating behavior. It is probably the most powerful force in your physical existence. At least as strong as your desire to breath, eat, drink water and live. Probably more.
The question exposes a woman who almost wants to be a man (transgendered) being attracted to a woman who almost wants a man (or maybe bisexual). An expression of the spectrum of sexuality extremes within lesbianism.
Now, why does a question like that arouse anger in you instead of curiosity?
What are you afraid of?
What do you think might happen if you walk into that fear?
Bull dykes love each other too..lol Are you Jerry Springers naive little brother?

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#200067 Jan 6, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
They were done in public. For example, Christ fed 5000 people on a few loves and fishes. dozens if not hundreds saw this. Dozens saw Him raise the dead.
I have not seen any amputees healed. Since no one knows all things no one cannot say it has not happened in the past 2000 years
There have been some cured of cancer via a miracle. Same goes for the others issues you bring up.

More than 500 people over the course of 40 days saw Christ after He rose from the dead.
500 people, according to the testimony of one man, namely Paul in 1 Corinthians 15, only Paul says it was all at once. How would that work in court?

Judge: You stand accused of robbery. How do you plead?
Accused: I'm innocent, yer Honor!
Judge: Do you have any proof?
Accused: Why sure. I was at the ball game. 500 people saw me there.
Judge: 500 people you say? Good enough. Case dismissed!

The funny thing is, among those 500 people, Paul says Jesus appeared to The Twelve. Twelve? Doesn't Paul know Judas is dead? How could Jesus appear to The Twelve?

This is what happens when two people are fabricating a story, and neither knows what the other is cooking up.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#200068 Jan 6, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, but I know full well what orthodox Christian doctrine says. I taught it myself once upon a time.
And I know what Jesus said.
They ain't the same. You quoted them yourself, but even after doing so, you cannot help but revert to doctrine. You don't what to deal with the dichotomy present in Jesus' own words, standing in opposition to venerable old Church doctrine as presented by Paul.
I understand, it took me decades to read and think for myself as well.
Thank God my family was Christian in name only.
I called us "Home Baptists" (Prime Signed is the proper name for it). We got baptized (or christened) as babies then went home.
Only time you went to church was for weddings and funerals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Teaman 1,278,164
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Into The Night 6,965
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 hr stewart scott 29,956
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Wed cpeter1313 310,234
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 1 Pastor Pete 201,864
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
More from around the web