Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Jul 18, 2009, Webbunny tumblelog story titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#199335 Jan 5, 2014
mtimber wrote:

Is lying wrong?
BenAdam wrote:
It obscures and distorts the truth.
Lol

Ya Ben, you embody the good, just, moral and honest person.....

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#199336 Jan 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think he was portraying gays as immoral sinners, I think he was portraying gays as stupid, especially gay men in America that are FULLY aware and educated of the threat of HIV but continue to have unprotected sex.
But to be fair, it isn't just the gay men that are stupid, it's everyone sharing each other's juices without thought or without a care in the world.
I have comfort knowing that I will never contract HIV on my own account.
Sex is like pinochle. If you have a good hand, you don't need a partner.

LOL

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#199337 Jan 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey hidingfromme, how are you?
Just a question, why is HIV infection radically increasing among gays, the very group we have spent billions educating, and even more medicating?
Smile.
It's not radically increasing among gays in the USA. It's maintaining - mostly by infecting young people.

Here: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/statistics/basics/atag...

Notice that the two populations w/the highest burdens are blacks and hispanics. They suffer from the greatest discrimination; hence they are most vulnerable for disease.

When a society restricts economic, health and nutritional resources from entire populations, those populations will suffer the most from disease. It's that simple.

I'm not sure why you're smiling about it. I have to conclude it's because you are immoral and wish people ill.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199338 Jan 5, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. It's like I'm speaking to an angry child.
I'll try to simplify:
1. People without access to economic and food resources have sex for those. Because they have no power themselves, they are unable to bargain for condom use.
(Is the above too complex for you? I don't think I can simplify it more.)
2. You can't "take out Africa." Africa has the highest population of HIV infected individuals, the highest percentages and, this may shock you, quite a few people. It's not like you can just pretend they don't exist to support your uninformed and bigoted claims.
3. If we're just looking at the USA, your statements backed me up entirely. Blacks and MSM. You're forgetting Hispanics, but I'm not worried. I'm sure your source will catch up to reality in a few dozen years.
Blacks and MSM, my dear ignorant Lightbeamer, are, as I wrote, suffering from structural inequalities. It's no surprise whatsoever that they have higher rates of HIV.
Once again, for the slow of mind, HIV travels along lines of social inequalities. Those groups under discrimination are going to be the hardest hit by the disease. MSM and blacks - no surprise there.
Do you even know why it's higher among blacks? I mean, other than the reasons above? Prisons. HIV/AIDS rates are 5X higher in prison populations - again, people without resources in bad situations (yes, you can be all holier than thou and talk about crime, but that has nothing to do with what I'm teaching you).
Always a pleasure to try to educate you, LB. It's an endless uphill battle with you.
Sure, blame it on the poor.

Blame it on the rich keeping the poor people poor.

Sure, sure.

Tell these people, these RICH people on this very expansive list of HIV positive people.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HIV-positive_pe...

Then tell me again how HIV is spread due to a lack of resources.

Be honest. HIV is spread because people are horny and stupid.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#199339 Jan 5, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. It's like I'm speaking to an angry child......
"Like" ?

LOL

Hello Hiding!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#199340 Jan 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Got some denial going there Darwin.
Two elements combined, and are once again, that brought the AIDS epidemic on gays.
1. Immoral sex.
2. Anal sex.
Now, explain why AIDS is spreading in Africa among heterosexuals, but did not in the USA. Originally heteros were primarily contracted AIDS by infected blood from gays.
Hey, by the way, I like Darwin!
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross culture constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior, making ss marriage an oxymoron.
Smile.
You are not paying attention. It's unlikely you will understand from this exchange.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#199341 Jan 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
mtimber wrote:
Is lying wrong?
<quoted text>
Lol
Ya Ben, you embody the good, just, moral and honest person.....
Yes. I do.

I am your opposite.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#199342 Jan 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
All sex outside of marriage is immoral.
You didn't respond to the post.
Why?
Smile.
No, sex outside marriage is not immoral. That's just your silly religious views speaking.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#199343 Jan 5, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. unprotected sex is not the cause of HIV, it's the line of transmission ..
.. HFY is correct, the probable cause of HIV is an empty tummy caused by rank poverty. Evidence ties the origin of HIV to Africans eating infected Simian bush meat to sate hunger ..
.. why do you want to take Africa out of the picture? Is it just a just pesky little misogynistic continent with no relevance to the world, the spread of HIV? Or, is it inconvenient to your quest to portray gays as immoral sinners ??..
.. did I ever tell you I like women? In theory, that makes me a homosexual, right? My blood type is A-negative. If we match and the only available donors were myself or an African male, whose blood would you prefer ??..
Very weak.

The disease existed. It got transmitted because of primarily anal sex among male homosexuals. From there it went to drug users and out into the general population. You can also add bisexuals to that line of transmission, as well as the rapes and sexual habits that occur in Africa now. After spreading around the world it seems to be coming back to the origination of the disease and hitting them hard. You would think it would have spread a lot more in Africa before entering the world stage if it was just bad bush meat.

The disease became pandemic because of homosexual transmission of it. In a civilization like ours with a high degree of good hygiene and sanitation, and education. Those alone should isolate the disease, but they haven't.

On a moral and public health basis you don't walk in crowds if you have smallpox, whooping cough, and a host of other nastiness. You would also refrain from associating with uninfected people just to get a piece of ass. The moral weakness is in the carrier.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#199344 Jan 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think he was portraying gays as immoral sinners, I think he was portraying gays as stupid, especially gay men in America that are FULLY aware and educated of the threat of HIV but continue to have unprotected sex.
But to be fair, it isn't just the gay men that are stupid, it's everyone sharing each other's juices without thought or without a care in the world.
I have comfort knowing that I will never contract HIV on my own account.
.. motive RR, motive and correlation ..

.. of course Lightbeamer thinks homosexuality is immoral and sinful. Why else would he be regularly posting negative bias data regarding HIV in the U.S. and cutting Africa from the picture ??..

.. did you know the African continent is larger than all of North, Central and South America ??..

Westcliffe, CO

#199345 Jan 5, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not radically increasing among gays in the USA. It's maintaining - mostly by infecting young people.
Notice that the two populations w/the highest burdens are blacks and hispanics. They suffer from the greatest discrimination; hence they are most vulnerable for disease.
When a society restricts economic, health and nutritional resources from entire populations, those populations will suffer the most from disease. It's that simple.
I'm not sure why you're smiling about it. I have to conclude it's because you are immoral and wish people ill.
" Over the past decade, the number of people living with HIV has increased, while the annual number of new HIV infections has remained relatively stable. Still, the pace of new infections continues at far too high a leveló particularly among certain groups. "

"HIV Incidence (new infections): The estimated incidence of HIV has remained stable overall in recent years, at about 50,000 new HIV infections per year2. Within the overall estimates, however, some groups are affected more than others. MSM continue to bear the greatest burden of HIV infection, and among races/ethnicities, African Americans continue to be disproportionately affected."

" In 2010, the estimated number of new HIV infections among MSM was 29,800, a significant 12% increase from the 26,700 new infections among MSM in 20082.

Although MSM represent about 4% of the male population in the United States4, in 2010, MSM accounted for 78% of new HIV infections among males and 63% of all new infections2. MSM accounted for 52% of all people living with HIV infection in 2009, the most recent year these data are available1.

In 2010, white MSM continued to account for the largest number of new HIV infections (11,200), by transmission category, followed closely by black MSM (10,600)2."

From your link.

You are very selective on what you think is relevant. Your ideology is showing.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#199346 Jan 5, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is a collection of skeletons in the family closets.
I could see the shotgun approach in some of the results, but it is surprising about some links. He used that 123me service. Curiously it showed my side and his mother's side sharing an area around the Caucasus mountains or western Asia some time back, then concentrating in northwestern Europe and Japan. What I found interesting was my side had a very miniscule percent of sub-Saharan Africa, likely a remnant of the out of Africa thing, and zero percentage of Middle Eastern and SW Asian.
Or from admixture w/slaves.
I've never been convinced of this migration out of Africa and species development as portrayed. Makes more sense to me man is a lot older than thought, developed a worldwide civilization, then a major league catastrophe left pockets of mankind hanging by the skin of his teeth and isolated from each other. Then your races came into being. There is real history buried deep in the ground yet waiting to be discovered.
Neither the archaeology nor the genetics back up your idea here. Sorry.
Ran across this article that was published this morning.
http://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/study-s...
That was a sort of out of the blue piece of info. It appears there is a genetic bent to such?
Now, on the social scene side, how much do you think this will cause in increased health costs which Obamacare is supposed to spread among the population?
11 million illegals dumped into a system. Immigration preferences favoring families and not skills. I believe they dropped the health requirements of years past.
Social engineering can be very complex.
I suspect it has something to do w/poverty and discrimination. The quote "Haan has studied cognitive impairment in older Mexican Americans in Sacramento, Calif., and found that they have an earlier onset of certain chronic conditions, such as high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity, she said." strongly suggests that. All three are linked to poverty - and we know there's a linear relationship between poverty and life expectancy. She's just filling in the blanks as to how that happens.

Probably 20 years from now we'll be identifying specific chemicals that the body produces in times of social stress that lead to long term bodily harm. Humans are pretty amazing that way - social creatures, to the end.

btw, Dave, it's the same reason religion works.

:)

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#199347 Jan 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I've never been to a church that demeaned anyone, gays and atheists included.
What most churches preach is salvation to Jesus, not how "evil" gay sex is and how stupid atheists are.
If your church won't accept homosexual pastors, priests or ministers, it's teaching you that homosexuals aren't good enough. If your church won't accept women pastors, priests or minsters, it's teaching you that women aren't good enough.

If your church won't marry gay couples, it's teaching that gays aren't good enough.

Why haven't you figured this out yet? You claim to understand discrimination but seem to find it quite invisible despite it's obvious presence.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199348 Jan 5, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Sex is like pinochle. If you have a good hand, you don't need a partner.
LOL
I'm sure that's what you've needed to lower yourself to.

I prefer: "If you have a good partner, you don't need a hand".

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#199349 Jan 5, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods own testimony is the only testimony that counts...
Buddha's own testimony is the only testimony that counts...

(replace the deity's name with any deity from any culture to see how silly, childish and naive your statement above is)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199350 Jan 5, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
I am your opposite.
Thank God for that. I could never be a conceited, deceitful, lying pig like you.

Westcliffe, CO

#199351 Jan 5, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Or from admixture w/slaves.
<quoted text>
Neither the archaeology nor the genetics back up your idea here. Sorry.
<quoted text>
I suspect it has something to do w/poverty and discrimination. The quote "Haan has studied cognitive impairment in older Mexican Americans in Sacramento, Calif., and found that they have an earlier onset of certain chronic conditions, such as high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity, she said." strongly suggests that. All three are linked to poverty - and we know there's a linear relationship between poverty and life expectancy. She's just filling in the blanks as to how that happens.
Probably 20 years from now we'll be identifying specific chemicals that the body produces in times of social stress that lead to long term bodily harm. Humans are pretty amazing that way - social creatures, to the end.
btw, Dave, it's the same reason religion works.
:)
Your social engineering instincts need some tweaking. Less emotion and unrealistic belief in the holiness of mankind.

Strength and advancement of any social group is through organization and striving for higher goals. This is how one culture beats another for resources. Evolution. Your thought seems to be to cater to the lowest common denominator among all groups, empowerment of the groundlings, diseased, and disabled to shape the course of human development. You won't get off the planet that way, little one. Your world will become one big Jerry Springer show.

Oh, you think because you are "educated", and an "educator" you will be one of the elite to lead the masses. You will be wrong.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199352 Jan 5, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. motive RR, motive and correlation ..
.. of course Lightbeamer thinks homosexuality is immoral and sinful. Why else would he be regularly posting negative bias data regarding HIV in the U.S. and cutting Africa from the picture ??..
.. did you know the African continent is larger than all of North, Central and South America ??..
Perhaps your right. I'll let lightbeamer speak for himself and I'll speak for myself.

I believe the spread of HIV is caused by a growing lack of morality, specifically the morality of sex. I think people are far too carefree in how they view the openness of sex.

You're wrong about the size comparison. Africa is 11.7 million sq miles, N. America is 9.5 million and S. America is 6.9 million.

But you made me look :)
Bongo

Coram, NY

#199353 Jan 5, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, sex outside marriage is not immoral. That's just your silly religious views speaking.
Hi Hfy , in the future after some guy breaks your heart , and scuttles your plans, tell us about it.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#199354 Jan 5, 2014
<quoted text>
Hey hidingfromme, how are you?
Just a question, why is HIV infection radically increasing among gays, the very group we have spent billions educating, and even more medicating?
Smile.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not answer his question. From you reference.
----------
In 2010, the estimated number of new HIV infections among MSM was 29,800, a significant 12% increase from the 26,700 new infections among MSM in 2008.
----------

That is a 12% increase. That is not maintaining. That is increasing.
Immoral? Anybody immoral who does not see things the way you do? Child logic. Besides you completely ignored KiMare's question?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr OzRitz 5,303
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr John-K 309,688
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr John Galt 1,220,549
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 12 hr tom wingo 29,642
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Sat Yogurt Nads 82
Conor Clifford 7ft center to commit to Utah. Apr 19 UHB 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 16 ocean 201,862
More from around the web