Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255967 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#198586 Jan 3, 2014
Some say their cup of life is half full.
Some say their cup of life is half empty.

I say their cup is too damn big.

Be grateful for what you have.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#198587 Jan 3, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
LMAO
ROFL
ROFLMAO
Oh, you are such a funny guy, Buck.
As funny as this?

Buck Crick wrote:

<quoted text>
There is a contradiction unless you use different rules.

Darwin's Stepchild wrote:

No contradiction. The contradiction arises IF you try to use the same rules.

Bwahahahaha...it's funny every time.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#198588 Jan 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
were the closest persons to him?
“Why would we need to confess something God already knows, and knew we would do before we did it?”

Why would a husband need to confess to his wife he had been cheating? She knows he had been cheating. He knows that she knows he has been cheating. Everybody knows but with the confession comes the healing because without it the healing won’t ever come. It’s one thing to be a cheat and another to be a liar and a cheat.

“What happens if you die committing the sin, before you have a chance to ask forgiveness?”

That is up to the Judge.

“If God could cleanse you from all unrighteousness, why would he not cleanse you when he made you, and save a lot of suffering?”

Babies are born with a clean slate. But given enough time they will learn about what is right and wrong. Some will do more wrong than is right. With Christ we have a chance to start over again. It’s called being born again through repentance. It’s like a deep cleansing of the hard drive, starting over again with a clean slate.

“God is responsible for our sin. He created us, placed us in a world of sin, which is appealing and available, and he made us with the proclivity to commit sin.”

Romans 5:

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Why would he create a problem just to show he could solve it, but only after damaging consequences occur?

Why would men choose to go to the moon?“Not because it was easy but because it was hard.” JFK.

The Apollo 1 burned on the launch pad with three astronauts inside died. Was the damage so great to abandon the moon mission?

God loves to tinker around in his garage doing the most difficult task.

“Are you aware this salvation plan is utter nonsense?”

Excuse me, I’ll take a ticket to heaven.

Are you aware that this vicarious atonement through Jesus plan was fought by the followers of Jesus he left behind, who apparently didn't think Jesus taught any such thing, and they were the closest persons to him?

What??? Yo my man, you need a hard reboot.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#198589 Jan 3, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If a doctor needed doctoring would the doctor doing the doctoring doctor the doctor that needed the doctoring like the doctor doing the doctoring wanted to or would the doctor getting the doctoring get doctoring like he wanted from from the doctor doing the doctoring?
Festus Hagen.
LOL.....Ole Festus was a gem..........
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#198590 Jan 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You lack the necessary understanding, DogPoop.
You want to make it the public's business, and not the public's business.
You want it reflected in law, but private.
You don't get it both ways. Moron.
There are no stupid question they say. Only stupid people who say,“don’t ask questions.”

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#198591 Jan 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your useless and futile opinion, AssLump.
You're most welcome Bucky duck drools a lot :)

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#198592 Jan 3, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
To be completely dominated.
The victim and beneficiary of scarves.
.. you must first interrogate and punish my enemies in my inner sanctum of obedience. Only then will the final phase of my plan be carried out ..

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#198593 Jan 3, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>And atheists are supposed to be rational?
When someone makes a definitive claim the burden of proof in support of that claim is on the person voicing it.
***yet another allegedgod bot malfunctioning***

Yes yes, keep repeating that, you never know, if you write it enough times, the Scientific community might pay attention.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#198594 Jan 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
A special gift?
You were an insignificant accident in a long series of accidents.
If this life is all there is, you mean nothing, and no note should be taken of you.
I enjoyed this fifty years of an "accident of birth".

I feel bad for you. If life is so bad and there is a glorious afterlife waiting for you, then why don;t you commit suicide ? Is it because you don;t have any faith or because you don;t have any courage ?

If I honestly believed that I was going to an eternal paradise after death I would put a bullet in my brain in a second. I think most afterlife believers are either liars or cowards.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#198595 Jan 3, 2014
"Biblical morals."

BWAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#198596 Jan 3, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
If there's no god, there's no actual law, meaning its only a person's view that murder is wrong.
So if there's no god, there technically means that nothing is wrong with murder or any other bad thing.
What a sorry ass human you are, you're a disgrace to your species, that without a celestial dictator you wouldn't instinctively KNOW that killing another human was wrong.

Societies make the laws, without any input from an imaginary demon God, it's individual societies that decide what constitutes a crime, what is harmful to others, what is or is not acceptable behavior.

I have no God, I totally reject the idea that God/Gods exist. How is it that I KNOW raping my neighbors daughter is wrong? How is it I KNOW that taking something that does not belong to me is wrong? And how do I KNOW that murder is wrong? I know because I realize the pain and anguish I would feel if someone murdered a loved one. I KNOW because unlike the Christian death cults, I can see the value of life, the knowledge that this life is all we are going to have, so life becomes so very precious.

You're a terrible human being for harboring such thoughts, religion has poisoned your mind to the extent that you would murder, rape, torture, do horrendous things if your God wasn't riding herd over you. Absolutely disgusting!!!!

If it could be proven beyond doubt, that God/Gods did NOT exist, would you suddenly begin to murder, rape, steal, torture, inflict bodily harm at will? If your answer to this is NO, then why wouldn't you do these things? I'm betting you can't give me an honest answer..........

Location hidden

#198597 Jan 3, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should try reading Chris Rodda's Debunking David Barton's Jefferson Lies. You might actually learn some real history.
Bwahahahahah....

Chris Rodda!

Bwahahahahahah...

You are in luck. I am familiar with Rodda.

SHE IS A NUT! A BONIFIED FRUITCAKE! AND A LIAR!

We are talking about the same Chris Rodda who:

Is the atheist research director for Military Religious Freedom Foundation, whose track record includes this:

....forcing the cancellation of the Rev. Franklin Graham’s participation at the
Pentagon’s National Day of Prayer ceremony;

...removing the centuries old religious “just war” component from military training
on nuclear ethics;

... forcing the retraction of an invitation for Major-General Jerry Boykin, former head
of Delta Force and Special Forces but also an outspoken Christian, to address the U.
S. Military Academy at West Point;

...halting the time-honored use of military emblems on Bibles sold in base exchanges
on military posts;

... attacking the Army’s long-standing “spiritual fitness” component of its broad
commitment to meet the diverse needs of its soldiers, including through religious
activities or expressions.

She claims to have debunked Barton by using....are you ready for this.....

HER OWN BOOK!!

She debunked nothing. Nothing.

Here is video of the nutty bitch. If you can watch it more than 3 minutes, my hat is off to you. Bwahahahaha....

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#198598 Jan 3, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in the town Ken Curtis grew up in. His father was the sheriff for a while. The family lived above the jail. The story is the Festus character was developed from a local guy back then that would come to town, get drunk, get tossed in the jail to sleep it off, and then go home.

That old jail is not a big building. It is a nice old two story that was refurbished as a heritage preservation project and sits in front of the county courthouse, which was refurbished at the same time. Has a beautiful gold roof that shines very pretty in the sunlight at a distance. Still the county courthouse.

Had a neat sight to see once when driving in from the south about a mile and a half away. One of the ranchers here had refurbed a big old buckboard and had taken the family on a trip to town in it like the old days. Was neat, watching the horses clop clop pulling this wagon full of kids heading to town. Was late afternoon and all you could see of the town was that gold roof shining down the road in the sun, rising above the trees. The same as it looked for a century minus the paved road.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#198600 Jan 3, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
One of my favorites.[smiling]
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#198601 Jan 3, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in the town Ken Curtis grew up in. His father was the sheriff for a while. The family lived above the jail. The story is the Festus character was developed from a local guy back then that would come to town, get drunk, get tossed in the jail to sleep it off, and then go home.
That old jail is not a big building. It is a nice old two story that was refurbished as a heritage preservation project and sits in front of the county courthouse, which was refurbished at the same time. Has a beautiful gold roof that shines very pretty in the sunlight at a distance. Still the county courthouse.
Had a neat sight to see once when driving in from the south about a mile and a half away. One of the ranchers here had refurbed a big old buckboard and had taken the family on a trip to town in it like the old days. Was neat, watching the horses clop clop pulling this wagon full of kids heading to town. Was late afternoon and all you could see of the town was that gold roof shining down the road in the sun, rising above the trees. The same as it looked for a century minus the paved road.
He was one of the best. Thank you for telling us about him.

[tipping hat].

Location hidden

#198602 Jan 3, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I enjoyed this fifty years of an "accident of birth".
I feel bad for you. If life is so bad and there is a glorious afterlife waiting for you, then why don;t you commit suicide ? Is it because you don;t have any faith or because you don;t have any courage ?
If I honestly believed that I was going to an eternal paradise after death I would put a bullet in my brain in a second. I think most afterlife believers are either liars or cowards.
No, you would not. You are lying.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#198603 Jan 3, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, yer talkin about Otis Campbell...

;o)
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#198604 Jan 3, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that those "rights" and "wrongs" you get from your god were actually written down by men and passed down through the generations, right?
You also realize that as mankind has moved through the millennia, what is viewed as right or wrong has changed, right?
Let me put it to you like this. If murdering people was legal. There would be very few people on the earth including you and I.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#198605 Jan 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you would not. You are lying.
I don't claim there is an afterlife.
You do.

Are you a liar or a coward, Buck ?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#198606 Jan 3, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
If there's no god, there's no actual law, meaning its only a person's view that murder is wrong.
So if there's no god, there technically means that nothing is wrong with murder or any other bad thing.
What an utterly ridiculous opinion that has absolutely no basis in fact.

Did you actually think that would work?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Realtime 1,404,122
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 hr Brian_G 311,489
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 11 hr litesong 9,989
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 17 hr NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jul 23 Trojan 32,307
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web