Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#197309 Dec 30, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> I love words and you cant shame me out of using them. You obviously have problems. btw, you know nothing. How did you apportion dollar value to words? Whats this sentence worth. You are a lost indignant gender confused soul.
I think HL was just having a little fun....... Lighten up a little.......

BTW aren't we all a little lost?

Into this house were born
Into this world were thrown

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#197310 Dec 30, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> If you construed an attempt to demean that's your problem, I was not doing that on purpose. I have not arrived all the way just yet.however I am one day closer.
.. tell me how to construe, "You are gender confused and make a poor pundit" as not being demeaning ??..

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

.. in your present spiritual journey, you arrived at your final destination when you launched your Topix campaign of denigration and misrepresentation against anyone who doesn't believe as you do ..

.. this is the part and parcel of most Christian teachings. You've become a good student ..
Bongo

Coram, NY

#197311 Dec 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I tired otherwise and was punished for it. Let me share a couple of anecdotes about what happens when you try to do the right thing in medicine in America.
[1] I used to do disability exams for the state of Missouri. One patient I saw was a 35-40 year old mother of several children with severe deforming rheumatoid arthritis. This is what that looks like: http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Patients/Health-C...
It is possible to prevent that nowadays thanks to one of the many miracles of modern therapeutics, a class of drugs called DMARDs, which prevent the deformity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disease-modifyin ...
I reviewed her medical records. She had been under the care of a physician in my region for the last ten years, who rotated between ibuprofen (Advil) and naproxen (Alleve), which only treat pain, but do not modify the natural course of the disease like the DMARDS do. That was gross negligence. With tears in my eyes, I reported him to the state. He was a danger to the community. The only result was that they told him about my complaint. They did not discipline him or attempt to impose remedial training on him.
[2] A few years later, I was referred a woman with fulminating gangrene of the foot from her podiatrist, who had treated the problem inadequately - negligently by my standards. He only referred her because on the day that he referred her, she was almost dead. She was a diabetic in crisis (diabetic ketoacidosis).
I admitted her to the ICU withing the hour. I ordered IV Trovan as my antibiotic and the hospital pharmacist substituted Levaquin - a drug in the same class (a quinolone) but not equivalent in this setting.
They also failed to shoot the X-rays I ordered, and effed up the IV insulin I ordered. She lost the leg before the weekend was through, in part because of incompetence of the podiatrist, and in the part because of the hospital. I went to the family. told them about it, advised them to get an attorney, and offered to be a witness on their behalf at no charge. Nevertheless, they sued me and everybody else.
I got advance notice from the surgeon who had just been served that I was next. I was shocked at the betrayal. I knew that once I had been served, I would be prevented from speaking to the family, so I raced to their home before the process server arrived. They told me that somebody had to pay, and they didn't care who. Did I mention that he patient's husband was a preacher?
I was eventually dropped from the case for a $25,000 payment from my malpractice insurer, because I had done nothing inappropriate. Plaintiffs can always get that much, even in frivolous lawsuits. What the hell, huh? Twenty-five grand is twenty-five grand whatever you have to do to get it, right?
The podiatrist and the hospital both blamed me for the lawsuit, and neither was too happy with my forthrightness. The hospital retaliated. That is another story, longer and more painful than either of the two above. Not surprisingly, I never did anything like either of those things again.
Now you know.
The lawyers employed the shotgun effect not the plaintif. The lawyers took 33 percent plus expenses too. Your adversity is the same in every business and life situation. Especially when things happen to friends and family in their homes. Friends and family sue.
Everyone should maintain plenty of insurance. The poor, well, when you aint got nuttin, you aint got nuttin to lose. The medical industry is not unlike the catholic church you loathe, the defensive actions are similar. When punitive damage is proved, thell get the message a little better. Drs like clergy also treat people as if they are inferior. Its a litigious society, just add it up to the cost of doing business.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#197312 Dec 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. why are you quoting scripture? Do your own words fail you ??..
Your argument is with Jesus and the truth.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#197313 Dec 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. tell me how to construe, "You are gender confused and make a poor pundit" as not being demeaning ??..
.. in your present spiritual journey, you arrived at your final destination when you launched your Topix campaign of denigration and misrepresentation against anyone who doesn't believe as you do ..
.. this is the part and parcel of most Christian teachings. You've become a good student ..
Now that's not fair.

Not all Christians are alike, no more than all Americans are alike.

I really wish that bigotry would cease.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#197314 Dec 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a lesbian is an unnatural thing, thus I think youre confused as to whether youre a man or woman. You are a poor pundit, you have neither the experience or ability or credentials to be taken to seriously. I don't feel denigrated by all the denigrating rhetoric spewed by atheists and infidels in here. My beliefs are backed up by scripture,All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness

#197315 Dec 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Staying conscious" doesn't seem like a choice to me. It seems innate in all people.
But thank you. You're right, I've changed the past year and in the past decades. I think we all do.
People stagnate, people give up.......

#197317 Dec 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. there's a key factor in my post that must be considered: claiming the higher spiritual ground ..
<quoted text>
.. "
I see alot of people here including atheists, new agers what have you claiming higher spiritual ground.

I just believe that al long as were having the discussion whether or not its to convince people were right or their wrong, we are being taught. Shown the way. Sure I could be wrong, but I believe whether or not something sinks in right away or not, its there and it will always be there.

Take what you need and leave the rest..........

With Established Harem

#197318 Dec 30, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I think as long as he's willing to discuss it, he's still on the journey. You may not believe it but your words have an effect on me and no doubt on others where you may think they are falling on deaf ears. Just because you say something and someone doesn't have an epiphany doesn't mean you said it in vain..........
I think he'll recognize a spiritual experience, it just may have to be more blatant and he may even be mistaken about the meaning of the experience, but I think we both agree if there is path and he's not on it, he will be directed there. At least thats what I believe.........
.. I like to call it 'the awakening'..

.. when a coma victim becomes conscious, they're disorientated, confused. To guide them back to reality, a special teacher is required ..

.. to recognize any authentic spiritual experience, preconceived notions must be set aside. This applies to believers and non-believers ..

.. the moment the ego yields, the teacher arrives. We learn through each other ..

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#197319 Dec 30, 2013
<quoted text>
I tired otherwise and was punished for it. Let me share a couple of anecdotes about what happens when you try to do the right thing in medicine in America.
[1] I used to do disability exams for the state of Missouri. One patient I saw was a 35-40 year old mother of several children with severe deforming rheumatoid arthritis. This is what that looks like: http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Patients/Health-C...
It is possible to prevent that nowadays thanks to one of the many miracles of modern therapeutics, a class of drugs called DMARDs, which prevent the deformity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disease-modifyin ...
I reviewed her medical records. She had been under the care of a physician in my region for the last ten years, who rotated between ibuprofen (Advil) and naproxen (Alleve), which only treat pain, but do not modify the natural course of the disease like the DMARDS do. That was gross negligence. With tears in my eyes, I reported him to the state. He was a danger to the community. The only result was that they told him about my complaint. They did not discipline him or attempt to impose remedial training on him.
[2] A few years later, I was referred a woman with fulminating gangrene of the foot from her podiatrist, who had treated the problem inadequately - negligently by my standards. He only referred her because on the day that he referred her, she was almost dead. She was a diabetic in crisis (diabetic ketoacidosis).
I admitted her to the ICU withing the hour. I ordered IV Trovan as my antibiotic and the hospital pharmacist substituted Levaquin - a drug in the same class (a quinolone) but not equivalent in this setting.
They also failed to shoot the X-rays I ordered, and effed up the IV insulin I ordered. She lost the leg before the weekend was through, in part because of incompetence of the podiatrist, and in the part because of the hospital. I went to the family. told them about it, advised them to get an attorney, and offered to be a witness on their behalf at no charge. Nevertheless, they sued me and everybody else.
I got advance notice from the surgeon who had just been served that I was next. I was shocked at the betrayal. I knew that once I had been served, I would be prevented from speaking to the family, so I raced to their home before the process server arrived. They told me that somebody had to pay, and they didn't care who. Did I mention that he patient's husband was a preacher?
I was eventually dropped from the case for a $25,000 payment from my malpractice insurer, because I had done nothing inappropriate. Plaintiffs can always get that much, even in frivolous lawsuits. What the hell, huh? Twenty-five grand is twenty-five grand whatever you have to do to get it, right?
The podiatrist and the hospital both blamed me for the lawsuit, and neither was too happy with my forthrightness. The hospital retaliated. That is another story, longer and more painful than either of the two above. Not surprisingly, I never did anything like either of those things again.
Now you know.
No good deed will go unpunished is a secular law.

You never should have contacted that family and advised them to get a lawyer. You went outside your brotherhood. You were interfering with their livelihoods.

Your secular governmental agencies are outside parties to brotherhoods such as doctors and lawyers, although some lawyer always makes a profit from it.

Just a hard fact of life you learn the hard way.

You were two professionals with differing opinions. You initiated direct conflict by asserting your opinion. Your concerns should have been addressed to a god, in that case the insurance carriers for the physicians. They are much more effective dealing with such than you initiating internecine conflicts.

I can give you at least a dozen whippings I got for going by the book or being honest. Money triumphs over ideals.

#197320 Dec 30, 2013
irecknso wrote:
<quoted text> like having a dream within a dream, where your awakened by a voice in your dream, but your still asleep, an your there setting with this guy, on a bridge over flooded water, he's telling you how "MY" life is like a flooded river! show's the descruction the water done throughout one's life! you sit there and talk, still within this dream within a dream, talkn with this guy, but never see his face,HIS/WHATEVER IT WAS presence's let's say, is very strong! he is saying behold this, behold that, it's almost a "TELEPATHIC CONNECTION" on that level of consciousness! a true " "SPIRITUAL AWAKENING"can happen, now whatever that's mean's to ya i don't know, sorry for interjecting, i get to rambling sometimes..with a thought!
'
he never experience a "true spiritual awaking" it does happen, as a matter of fact, i think i just might know a guy that has had on......
Please feel free to interject, this is what makes topix worth sticking around for. I have few if any answers, and am always willing to learn from others.......

I've had MANY spiritual experiences. You just have to be accepting of them. I'd be willing to bet you have had them also..........
Bongo

Coram, NY

#197321 Dec 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Now you know.
Ive seen this post verbatim a while back. I always wondered why you became so angry. All the players actions were predictable. 25k, you got off easy, what if it exceeded your liability limits. Also, some people cant take dmards, theyre nasty, methotrexate can kill you. And levoquin is a pill and this person didn't get ketoacidosis over night, they were not taking their meds and eating wrong and delaying or not doing their foot care. Ive seen many cases where a judge rules in favor of what seems to be and likely is incompetence by saying, "they only need to do a sufficient job" with respect to suits against Drs and lawyers.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#197322 Dec 30, 2013
Bongo wrote:
Being a lesbian is an unnatural thing, thus I think youre confused as to whether youre a man or woman. You are a poor pundit, you have neither the experience or ability or credentials to be taken to seriously. I don't feel denigrated by all the denigrating rhetoric spewed by atheists and infidels in here. My beliefs are backed up by scripture,All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness
You do more for anti-theism than we atheists ever could.

Thanks!

With Established Harem

#197323 Dec 30, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> I love words and you cant shame me out of using them. You obviously have problems. btw, you know nothing. How did you apportion dollar value to words?.
.. like yourself, I love words, they're important. Would you like me to write a compound, complex sentence that has little meaning, one that nobody will understand ??..

.. shame? No, I don't have the power to shame you but your posts assume such power. Why else would you continue demeaning people if not to invoke the shame response? Isn't that what your born-again religion is all about - shame ??..
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>Whats this sentence worth. You are a lost indignant gender confused soul.
.. absolutely nothing; it's an extension of your ego centered belief system ,,

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197324 Dec 30, 2013
Well, you're right. Some people do. I surrender.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197325 Dec 30, 2013
Please feel free to interject, this is what makes topix worth sticking around for. I have few if any answers, and am always willing to learn from others.......
I've had MANY spiritual experiences. You just have to be accepting of them. I'd be willing to bet you have had them also..........
Have you ever had a false awakening, a lucid dream? I have, twice. It's a really amazing experience.

One time, I was dreaming that I was back in elementary school, with the Marty McFly vest and everything. I knew I was dreaming and ran round the school like lightning.

The other time, I was flying like Superman, at some kind of fair. I remember buzzing in and out of the ferris wheel, all at my own command.

When I woke up, I tried to hurry back to sleep to relive the event but it never happens that way.

With Established Harem

#197326 Dec 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Staying conscious" doesn't seem like a choice to me. It seems innate in all people.
But thank you. You're right, I've changed the past year and in the past decades. I think we all do.
.. RR, the vast majority of people are unconscious ..

.. about a year ago, a 'gentleman' blew cigarette smoke in my daughter's face because he thought it would be funny. He was unconscious ..

.. about two weeks ago, I was at the library when I child wandered up to me. I asked, "Where's your mommy?" She shook her head sideways, raised her hands to the sky and with a bewildered look, replied, "I don't know.." ,,.

.. ever have someone bump a shopping cart into your ankles? That person was unconscious ..

.. unconscious people cater to their needs and care little for the needs of others. If you begin to look around you, observe people, you'll find most are unconscious ..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197327 Dec 30, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Ive seen this post verbatim a while back. I always wondered why you became so angry. All the players actions were predictable. 25k, you got off easy, what if it exceeded your liability limits. Also, some people cant take dmards, theyre nasty, methotrexate can kill you. And levoquin is a pill and this person didn't get ketoacidosis over night, they were not taking their meds and eating wrong and delaying or not doing their foot care. Ive seen many cases where a judge rules in favor of what seems to be and likely is incompetence by saying, "they only need to do a sufficient job" with respect to suits against Drs and lawyers.
I've got an ingrown toenail that will NOT go away. The nail itself isn't flat(-ish) any more, it's cupped upward so the nail digs into the flesh under it.

How can one flat out a toenail?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197328 Dec 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Would you like me to write a compound, complex sentence that has little meaning, one that nobody will understand ??
Yes, please.

Go.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#197329 Dec 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Is that why Jesus said to consider the price? Many atheists and their bifurcated bretheren are ex Chrstian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min LOL 1,206,801
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 min Brew In 29,276
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr jimi-yank 309,249
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr litesong 4,976
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 hr Big D 201,795
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Mar 26 kareeo 14
The night Adolph Rupp met Johnny Green Mar 18 alexreese447 1
More from around the web