Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258478 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#196656 Dec 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Men who beat up on women are cowards.
But more women are beating up on men these days and the violence goes unreported in many instances. In some cases they stab & poison these men.
Some of these men may be guilty of being unfaithful in their relationships but some are getting the hell beat out of them for nothing.
So don’t think the girls are always innocent because they’re not.
Have we met?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#196657 Dec 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are enough lovely ladies here for both of us, Buck.
You'll be happy with my leftovers.
It's hard to switch from corn bred Alabama gals to salsa bred SoCal gals.

My advice to Buck?

Stay there, you ain't missing nothin here but gold diggers, hairy Mexican sideburns and humongous Catholic families.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#196658 Dec 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Men who beat up on women are cowards.
But more women are beating up on men these days and the violence goes unreported in many instances. In some cases they stab & poison these men.
Some of these men may be guilty of being unfaithful in their relationships but some are getting the hell beat out of them for nothing.
So don’t think the girls are always innocent because they’re not.
.. did I ever tell you about the time I had Buck in a stockade ??..
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#196663 Dec 27, 2013
It seems there has been a change of heart by A&E over Phil Robertson. The latest information is the show will go on with Phil included. I guess the potential losses in court and the millions of Americans who protested the illegal firing of Phil was enough for A&E to come crawling back.

Freedom and the right of Americans to exercise their religious rights. Will no longer be abridged. At least for now anyway. You can bet there will be a organized ambush later on for the Robertson family.

Something tells me that the left will start working on smearing and demeaning these people. In hopes of swinging the national debate towards suppressing freedom of religion and expression.

But there’s a problem standing in the way for their success. Millions of American actually believe in the Constitution and will continue to defend it at all cost. This was never about straight versus gays but more about one’s right to freedom of religion & expression.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#196665 Dec 27, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Have we met?
Oh I’d play it up if you hit me baby. I’d play the victim part real good. Lot’s of drama.

Then you would be cuffed and stuffed.[laughing]

Then I would take control of the TV and watch my football games.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#196666 Dec 27, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Eagle. I could tell you a few things about church women.
But they were not violent. Most of 'em, anyways.
Oh I know there’s always a few bad girls in church and some married women also. But it comes down to choices.

Do you want a rock or a diamond? There’s lots of rocks but them gems, they’re the ones to have.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#196668 Dec 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That ex-bitch o mine was beating the shit outta me. She musta hit me at least a dozen times.
When the fangs came out, ole RR remembered what Papa taught him.
"If a girls man enough to hit, she's man enough to get hit."
So I bopped her on the top of the head.
And liberals like Catch call me a wife beater for it.
Dumb asses.
I worked in law enforcement. There’s some crazy ones out there and they can tell some fantastic lies. They’ll stab, cut, shoot, hit, poison and hire hit men. The girls are not always innocent as the claim.

Since: Sep 08

La Junta, CO

#196669 Dec 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
It seems there has been a change of heart by A&E over Phil Robertson. The latest information is the show will go on with Phil included. I guess the potential losses in court and the millions of Americans who protested the illegal firing of Phil was enough for A&E to come crawling back.
Freedom and the right of Americans to exercise their religious rights. Will no longer be abridged. At least for now anyway. You can bet there will be a organized ambush later on for the Robertson family.
Something tells me that the left will start working on smearing and demeaning these people. In hopes of swinging the national debate towards suppressing freedom of religion and expression.
But there’s a problem standing in the way for their success. Millions of American actually believe in the Constitution and will continue to defend it at all cost. This was never about straight versus gays but more about one’s right to freedom of religion & expression.
"Something tells me that the left will start working on smearing and demeaning these people. In hopes of swinging the national debate towards suppressing freedom of religion and expression."

"UPDATE: GLAAD responds:“Phil Robertson should look African American and gay people in the eyes and hear about the hurtful impact of praising Jim Crow laws and comparing gay people to terrorists. If dialogue with Phil is not part of next steps then A+E has chosen profits over African American and gay people – especially its employees and viewers.”"

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/12/27/duck-dynast...

They already have.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#196670 Dec 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That ex-bitch o mine was beating the shit outta me. She musta hit me at least a dozen times.
When the fangs came out, ole RR remembered what Papa taught him.
"If a girls man enough to hit, she's man enough to get hit."
So I bopped her on the top of the head.
And liberals like Catch call me a wife beater for it.
Dumb asses.
Last time you said you hit her because she bit you.

You are not a very good liar, RR. You can't remember your own lies.

My first wife put me in the hospital and I never fought back. You said that makes me a coward and not a real man.

I am so glad I am not anything like you.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#196671 Dec 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay there, you ain't missing nothin here but gold diggers, hairy Mexican sideburns and humongous Catholic families.
So which are you ?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#196672 Dec 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Something tells me that the left will start working on smearing and demeaning these people. In hopes of swinging the national debate towards suppressing freedom of religion and expression."
"UPDATE: GLAAD responds:“Phil Robertson should look African American and gay people in the eyes and hear about the hurtful impact of praising Jim Crow laws and comparing gay people to terrorists. If dialogue with Phil is not part of next steps then A+E has chosen profits over African American and gay people – especially its employees and viewers.”"
They already have.
For at least now the United States Constitution trumped Glaad. It may take a few years but they’ll probably get what they want and that’s suppression of one’s liberties. The Right of Freedom of Religion and Free Speech will be in their crosshairs for years to come.

GLAAD (formerly the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) is a U.S. non-governmental media monitoring organization which promotes the image of LGBT people in the media.

LGBT is an initialism that stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender.

United States Constitution - The Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of the United States of America.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#196674 Dec 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I’d play it up if you hit me baby. I’d play the victim part real good. Lot’s of drama.
Then you would be cuffed and stuffed.[laughing]
Then I would take control of the TV and watch my football games.
The few times that I've actually beat up men the police asked me if I wanted to press charges.

Being a girl is cool.

:-)

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#196675 Dec 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
For at least now the United States Constitution trumped Glaad. It may take a few years but they’ll probably get what they want and that’s suppression of one’s liberties. The Right of Freedom of Religion and Free Speech will be in their crosshairs for years to come.
GLAAD (formerly the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) is a U.S. non-governmental media monitoring organization which promotes the image of LGBT people in the media.
LGBT is an initialism that stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender.
United States Constitution - The Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of the United States of America.
Nobody suppressed the Duck dudes liberties. He was free to say whatever he wanted as he demonstrated in his interview with GQ.

You just don't like gay and black people. That's your right as well.

It's too bad your god is fiction. It'd be funny to see your expression when he sent you to your eternal timeout. See how lucky you are :)

Since: Sep 08

La Junta, CO

#196676 Dec 27, 2013
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/barbara-bolan...

One pull up?

Maybe my memory is fading, but I seem to remember having to do a lot more in the olden days. Even in school.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#196677 Dec 27, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody suppressed the Duck dudes liberties. He was free to say whatever he wanted as he demonstrated in his interview with GQ.
You just don't like gay and black people. That's your right as well.
It's too bad your god is fiction. It'd be funny to see your expression when he sent you to your eternal timeout. See how lucky you are :)
Phil was fired, that’s called retaliation and oppression.

What does hate solve? Nothing, it solves nothing.

My Father was an Atheist. We didn’t see eye to eye on a lot of issues. But even though he believed different than I did. I loved him dearly.

It is possible to love or respect people that you disagree with. I don’t hate you sweetheart. I know you want me to hate you but I just don’t have any desire to hate you.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#196678 Dec 27, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The few times that I've actually beat up men the police asked me if I wanted to press charges.
Being a girl is cool.
I think you like to play the bad girl part but in reality you probably have a heart of gold.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#196679 Dec 27, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Being a girl is cool.
"Miss, I think it would be breast, uh uh, I mean best if I got you in the back of the car, I mean if you got in the back of the cruiser, while I feel up your...uh fill out your information here um... I've got your name...uh can I have your phone number? Uh for the file, I mean, not for me..."

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#196680 Dec 27, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Phil was fired, that’s called retaliation and oppression.
No. That's called business.

You know, like when I was working in a Gentlemen's Club as an exotic dancer. Well, one week I thought I had found religion so I told my boss that I would still work for him but I'll be dancing in a Burqa. That didn't go over so well.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What does hate solve? Nothing, it solves nothing.
I agree.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My Father was an Atheist. We didn’t see eye to eye on a lot of issues. But even though he believed different than I did. I loved him dearly.
My Father is a Christian. We don't see eye to eye on a lot of issues but even though he believes in a god that doesn't exist, I love him dearly.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is possible to love or respect people that you disagree with. I don’t hate you sweetheart. I know you want me to hate you but I just don’t have any desire to hate you.
Why would I want you to hate me?

You don't respect me. You agreed with the Duck dude who said I'm the same as a terrorist or somebody who has sex with animals. You agree with the Duck dude who said that black people were happy living segregated from the "normal" people. You're a bigot, Eagle and there's no way to spin that.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#196682 Dec 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Probably because if God showed up on Oprah or stopped Sandy or something, the choice to love Him would not be there. Everyone would love Him if He provided miracles all the time. I'm sure God could force us to love Him, but I'm confident that's not what He wants. You might like this example, it's from a 19th century Danish philosopher:“Suppose there was a king who loved a humble maiden. The king was like no other king. Every statesman trembled before his power. No one dared breathe a word against him, for he had the strength to crush all opponents. And yet this mighty king was melted by love for a humble maiden. How could he declare his love for her? In an odd sort of way, his kingliness tied his hands. If he brought her to the palace and crowned her head with jewels and clothed her body in royal robes, she would surely not resist—no one dared resist him. But would she love him? She would say she loved him, of course, but would she truly? If he rode to her forest cottage in his royal carriage…that too would overwhelm her. He did not want a cringing subject. He wanted a lover, an equal…For it is only in love that the unequal can be made equal.”- Soren Kierkegaard
Isn't Mike Rotch Danish, too? He goes by his middle name, but Soren is his actual given first name. I hear he's living in Manhattan now and goes by New York Rotch.
Jim

London, UK

#196683 Dec 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They already have.
Neocon creationist propogandists haven't realised:

1. 2005 was 8 years ago
2. Palin lost the election
3. Discovery institute FAILED to get creationism into schools.

Its been a bad decade for american creationism. Made worse by its advocates outspoken nature.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min bob53 1,566,325
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 56 min YouPharted 33,434
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr weaponX 315,294
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jul 23 Into The Night 11,293
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 12 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul 1 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web