Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#195568 Dec 24, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>You are living proof that atheists get their history from restroom walls.
*Well, now we know where Bucky duck gets his ridiculous, unreferenced posts from.*

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#195569 Dec 24, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist communism. LOL
Um, redneck, bongs are really icky and I really don't think Michael Jackson's corpse would fit in one.
Do you know what Michael Jackson would be doing if he were alive today?

I suspect screaming and trying to claw his way out of his coffin.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#195570 Dec 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Uganda has a special place in the hearts of Evangelical Christians, members of your tribe ..
.. the 'kill the gays' bill failed because of the international community. Has the Christian Community condemned life imprisonment of homosexuals in Uganda? If so, which tribe ??..
All one has to do is google it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uganda_Anti-Homo...

Several Christian organizations oppose it, including the Roman Catholic Church, the Anglican Church of Canada, Integrity Uganda, Exodus International, Accepting Evangelicals, Changing Attitude, Courage, Ekklesia, Fulcrum, Inclusive Church and the Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement. Exodus International sent a letter to President Museveni stating, "The Christian church ... must be permitted to extend the love and compassion of Christ to all. We believe that this legislation would make this mission a difficult if not impossible task to carry out."[71] A group of U.S. Christian leaders have released a statement to Uganda about the bill, one of these leaders being Thomas Patrick Melady, former U.S. Ambassador to Uganda.[72] The Anglican Reverend Canon Gideon Byamugisha said that the Bill "would become state-legislated genocide".[73]

Location hidden

#195571 Dec 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know what Michael Jackson would be doing if he were alive today?

I suspect screaming and trying to claw his way out of his coffin.
*Helpless laughter*

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#195572 Dec 24, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not funny when you see what actually goes on.
I think exposing the truth of religious infection is needed and a very good thing.
Enough is enough.
Thank you, Leader Stalin.

Shall I ready the troops?

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#195573 Dec 24, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>

Why is your local homeless shelter full?
Because somebody decided to build homeless shelters.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#195574 Dec 24, 2013
<quoted text>
You seem to think that secular humanism is barbarous and that Christianity is compassionate - that we should run from the one and seek solace and protection in the other. What do you think Communism would have been like with people that worship the bible god at the helm - perhaps a George Bush or a Pat Robertson?
"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I’m the dictator".
-George W. Bush
"Whenever the civil government forbids the practice of things that God has commanded us to do, or tells us to do things He has commanded us not to do, then we are on solid ground in disobeying the government and rebelling against it." - Pat Robertson
Or maybe these guys, How do you suppose that they would have run the Soviet state?:
“I figured a way out — a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers. But I couldn’t get it passed through Congress. Build a great big large fence, 150 or 100 mile (sic) long. Put all the lesbians in there. Fly over and drop some food. Do the same thing with the queers and the homosexuals. Have that fence electrified so they can’t get out. Feed ‘em, and– And you know what? In a few years they’ll die out. You know why? They can’t reproduce.”- North Carolina Pastor Charles Worley
"I imagine every Christian would agree that we need to remove humanism from the public schools. There is only one way to accomplish this: Abolish the public schools." -The Reverend Robert L. Thoburn
"I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good ... our goal is a Christian nation. We have the biblical duty, we are called on by God to conquer this country. We don’t want equal time. We don’t want pluralism." - Randall Terry, Director of Operation Rescue
"The Seven Mountains are - it's almost like its a template for warfare. Because the church so frequently does not have a language for how it goes about taking territory" - Apostle Lance Wallnau
==========
Secular humanists simply don't think like that. Secularists wrote the US Constitution, which protects Americans from the excesses of the likes of these Christians. Christians would undo it all. How many have we heard utter something like this:
"I believe this notion of the separation of church and state was the figment of some infidel’s imagination." - Rev. W. A. Criswell (Dallas, 1984)
You just voiced the opinion of six people, man.

Six people don't represent Christianity.

You really do try to let the minority make your opinions valid, don't you?
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#195575 Dec 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be a wonderful story if their intentions were altruistic. I don't think that's the case. In exchange for their "protection" the homeless get to hear the beautiful story of Teh God.
Just another case of preying on the vulnerable like Christians have done for ages.
Hey funky gal, although Pastors and Church people who prey off failed people repulses me, The ideal is to help those who have failed, are fearful, wounded etc. Jesus did say he didn't come for all the "good healthy" people, rather to seek and save the lost. The great physician. Can you dispute that many were helped and went on to live a better life?

Location hidden

#195576 Dec 24, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, Leader Stalin.

Shall I ready the troops?
Troops?

Nah, verbal exposition works for me, I'll leave all the killing and genocide to religious folks.

Have you considered wearing a bucket round your neck to catch all that drool Bucky duck?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#195577 Dec 24, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not funny when you see what actually goes on.
I think exposing the truth of religious infection is needed and a very good thing.
Enough is enough.
He's exposing the truth of a few opinions that agree with his.

He conveniently ignores all other opinions that disagree with his opinion.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#195578 Dec 24, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
Why bother answering you at all? You'll just call me a liar.
Just answer.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#195579 Dec 24, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Are you saying that those Christians would not have helped others if they were not Christian, or that Christianity deserves credit for the kindness of Christians?
Why is your local homeless shelter full?
<quoted text>
Merry Christmas, lightbeamrider
Poor IANS.

His tunnel vision developed over so many years of staring at a bong and his illustrious self has left him with the inability to discern. A severe case of mental myopia.

This is why he would make such a lousy house painter. He couldn't do trim work. He just paints everything with one big brush.

Regarding religion he paints all Christians the same, yet he won't do that for other aspects of the human experience.

You have good and bad doctors, lawyers, painters, plumbers, and politicians. They all interpret and apply their knowledge the best they know how, and have differing views of how to get things done. They have different motivations to do what they do.

Motivations, IANS. That is what you should be judging by, not stereotypes you created in your head.

Without those religious organizations you wouldn't have so much concern for their fellow man.

Here is an example of the religious and secular approaches to your fellow man.

Back in the Clinton years substance abuse became the kiss of death for getting any help from the government or disability. It became the means to deny help. Even to the point if there was no real abuse, but if you had ever done drugs in the past it was causation for denial that was jumped on for the government to save money. It became policy. The Reagan years were even worse in some aspects. This was secularism saving money.

The religious organizations kept on helping those poor lost souls. It didn't matter how they got where they got. They were human beings with issues trapped in an uncaring secular world.

There but for the grace of God went you.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#195580 Dec 24, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
So all the world's history and the daily reports regarding religious behaviour around the globe is 'atheist opinion'?
Clearly, I've given you far too much credit.
No.

When atheists claim that Hitler was a dictator Christian, THAT'S atheist opinion.

It doesn't change history. Doesn't change fact.

Hitler hated Christians and planned to eradicate it from Europe and supplant it with his own doctrine, his own religion. With Hitler as the god.

That is fact. That is history.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#195581 Dec 24, 2013
Let me ask you this: Who has bullied who into the closet? Why do you suppose that it that it is gays in the closet and not Christians?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
In my honest opinion, because homosexuality isn't 'normal' and some people that are gay find it embarrassing.
You think gays are closeted because of themselves, not because of Christian doctrine regarding homosexuality?

As far as homosexuality being abnormal, please note that across the animal kingdom, it is seen far more commonly than religion.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Do me this, answer that same question. I want to hear your take.
Christians have defined homosexual as abnormal, and have shamed and guilted many into self-loathing and hiding themselves from their families, friends, neighbors, employers, customers, coworkers, and constituents.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#195582 Dec 24, 2013
Your duck buddy wasn't silenced. He had his say promoting the Christian homophobic agenda

RiversideRedneck wrote:
What agenda? You've been talking about some elusive Christian homophobic message and haven't explained yourself, now you're calling it an agenda.
What agenda? What thefuck are you talking about?!?
Would it help you if I gave the answer in sign language, Morse code, smoke signals, or semaphore? How about charades or Pictionary? Ordinary language doesn't seem to be working.
How do you feel about mimes?
How about you answer in plain English?

You know, the answer to:

What Christian agenda about homosexuality?

What hidden Christian message about homosexuality?

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#195583 Dec 24, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Troops?

Nah, verbal exposition works for me, I'll leave all the killing and genocide to religious folks.
Too bad, you are about 148 million dead bodies too late.

Those people are dead because someone embraced your point of view.

Proud?
LCNLin

United States

#195584 Dec 24, 2013
Very Merry Christmas Eve to all
Happy Holidays

Location hidden

#195585 Dec 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>He's exposing the truth of a few opinions that agree with his.

He conveniently ignores all other opinions that disagree with his opinion.
What Teddy chooses to expose is his business, although I've never seen information from him that doesn't check out 100%.

What I wish to expose is right from the many bellies of the religious beast.

I will look forward to being called a liar by you.

Location hidden

#195586 Dec 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Just answer.
Not until you apologise.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#195587 Dec 24, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's entirely subjective, ain't it? No doubt they belived they were following the true faith, and if you know history at all, those of previous generations' lives were far more infused with and informed by their faith than most any modern American Christian.
Martin Luther - was his faith "skin-deep"? I don't think you can say so. He's a "Founding Father" of nearly half of today's alleged Christians. Yet he is without question one of the worst fomentors of the deadliest anti-Semitism of the last 1000 years.
I have witnessed anti-Semitism in a few Christians. Academics mostly. Its bizarre to me. They are fine except for that one area. David committed adultery and murder. He also did a census which caused 70,000 to die.[Bizarre] Then there is Solomon who had multiple wives and concubines. He beat his slaves with whips and his son said he would use scorpions. That caused a revolt and a splitting of the Kingdom. Did you get that IANS? That is your second example of slave revolt. The first was the Exodus. There is enough sin to go around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min mdbuilder 1,580,064
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 33,652
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr John-K 316,300
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Aug 14 Into The Night 11,335
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul '17 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul '17 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web