Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#195080 Dec 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you would like to join the alice on Seattle's watch list?
Maybe you'd like to FOAD.

Location hidden

#195081 Dec 22, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Our disagreement is minor, I think.
For myself, I found God and spirituality when I abandoned religion.
I called out silently when I was at the point of taking my own life, thinking my death would be better for those around me. I had failed at all points, and every sign I looked to had failed me. I was faced with a difficult choice of two alternatives, and both would hurt those I loved.
I had the nerve to pull the trigger. I cried out to the things I was told to believe in. No answer came back. I knocked and knocked on the door. I beat my head against it.
The energy in my heart said "It's in you, Buck".
I was pushing at a door, but found it opened inward, and easily.
Like this?

http://castletv.net/wp-content/forumuploads/h...

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#195082 Dec 22, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> More of a factual observation. You are damaged goods.
<quoted text> I am only going by the results and the way things are today. I know about Christianity but the jury is out on whether i am actually Christian in the practicing sort of way It is you who confess the sins of your parents on a public board.[tacky] Why not confess your own sins as opposed to the alleged sins of your parents? My back gets up when my kin is threatened along with the children of other families you openly admit you would like to beat because they are not homosexuals. Oh you are a shining example for the atheists. A real piece of work.
<quoted text> You are hateful and dysfunctional. You need help and that does not necessarily make me feel better. Although i think i better understand you now, assuming you are telling the truth. <quoted text> Just keep rapping on for the clown wing of the atheist movement or whatever it is. Glad your not on my side. You would think ill of me no matter what i posted. You make reckless statements about beating other peoples children because they are not homosexual and you get what you deserve. Glad all atheists are not like you. Here is a song for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jmeqFqAi-CEXX
Don't forget the rage that some carry on in their hate-filled vendettas against Christianity.

Example: One man's rage about a church camp that has "been closed for several years" now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

The camp is closed (at 33minutes 40 seconds)but this soldier for the Army of Darkness still rants on about it. Talk about a one track mind. His tunnel vision detracts him from things that should be more important, like spending more time with the people he loves. Of course that depends on if he loves anybody more than he hates those he rages about. I'm beginning to suspect that prion diseases have become easier to contract after watching so many atheist videos showing a tendency towards being combative with people who are pretty much oblivious to their existence.

His rage tells a lot about him,(at 32 minutes 30 seconds).

I don't think there are very many Christians who have any idea that there really is an army being raised against them. I never read Revelations until after a friend chided me for never having read the New Testament. I hadn't ever read much of anything in the bible before visiting Topix and then it was just to fact check quotes I'd seen here. It's been a mixed review after visiting this site; it's been enlightening in ways that are both positive and negative. I'm no longer sleepwalking in regards to strange ideologies...though I also sleeping lighter too. Far too many of these freaks are also stalkers. It appears that "Live and let live" is not a part of their moral code.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#195083 Dec 22, 2013
Atheism and theism are categories. They provide no direction.

Why would I need to tell an adult that?

Location hidden

#195084 Dec 22, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
True. And your judgments are on full display. Please correct me I'm wrong, but are you the poster that stated the humanist ethics are far better than of Christians? Would the poster that just said they would like to burn Christians and beat our children be an example of those higher ethics? Please do continue to show the world this.
He also keeps posting, and agreeing with, this quote, "The only illminating church is a burning one."

Avidly promoting arson says a lot about his character.

Location hidden

#195085 Dec 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget the rage that some carry on in their hate-filled vendettas against Christianity.
Example: One man's rage about a church camp that has "been closed for several years" now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =16d1_HEMJtMXX
The camp is closed (at 33minutes 40 seconds)but this soldier for the Army of Darkness still rants on about it. Talk about a one track mind. His tunnel vision detracts him from things that should be more important, like spending more time with the people he loves. Of course that depends on if he loves anybody more than he hates those he rages about. I'm beginning to suspect that prion diseases have become easier to contract after watching so many atheist videos showing a tendency towards being combative with people who are pretty much oblivious to their existence.
His rage tells a lot about him,(at 32 minutes 30 seconds).
I don't think there are very many Christians who have any idea that there really is an army being raised against them. I never read Revelations until after a friend chided me for never having read the New Testament. I hadn't ever read much of anything in the bible before visiting Topix and then it was just to fact check quotes I'd seen here. It's been a mixed review after visiting this site; it's been enlightening in ways that are both positive and negative. I'm no longer sleepwalking in regards to strange ideologies...though I also sleeping lighter too. Far too many of these freaks are also stalkers. It appears that "Live and let live" is not a part of their moral code.
Excellent observations, sir.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#195086 Dec 22, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Our disagreement is minor, I think.
For myself, I found God and spirituality when I abandoned religion.
I called out silently when I was at the point of taking my own life, thinking my death would be better for those around me. I had failed at all points, and every sign I looked to had failed me. I was faced with a difficult choice of two alternatives, and both would hurt those I loved.
I had the nerve to pull the trigger. I cried out to the things I was told to believe in. No answer came back. I knocked and knocked on the door. I beat my head against it.
The energy in my heart said "It's in you, Buck".
I was pushing at a door, but found it opened inward, and easily.
Organized religion is like any other education. You get familiarized with something, then you have to study and experience to learn it.

Topix atheists and their fundie counterparts think this stuff is poured into their head ready mixed and baked. Whether it is physics or theology. As I have pointed out many times, they learn the words, not what is ready behind them.

Life is a mixture of the two. But you have to bake it yourself, Abstract thinking and gut feeling.

Location hidden

#195087 Dec 22, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Takes a smeared group (lawyers) to know one, eh. One group has a propitiation.
Lying for a living is the perfect profession for someone like Catcher.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#195088 Dec 22, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>The Christian moms and dads of this country sent their sons off to die to defeat Hitler, and free the Jews, atheists, humanists, or whomever was oppressed.

There are several cemeteries, here and in Europe, lined with white crosses to signify the act.

They felt it was their Christian duty to humanity. It was a heavy sacrifice.

https://www.google.com/search...
Many soldiers die needlessly, now they die for oil.

My grandfather was Stasi, he didn't die, such is the injustice of this world, he moved to Brazil like many other war criminals, to die in old age and have a catholic funeral.

It's a sad state of affairs but it doesn't make Hitler any less catholic.

Location hidden

#195089 Dec 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Maybe you need to define rape as well. To me, rape is forced, nonconsensensual sex. Would you concede that your bible is filled with examples of your god authorizing or commanding that? How about this one:
Deuteronomy 21:10-11 - "When you go to war against your enemies and the Lord your God delivers them into your hands and you take captives, if you notice among the captives a beautiful woman and are attracted to her, you may take her as your wife."
Everybody was barbaric back "in those days", get over it. Some societies (Christians) grew and became more civilized and some (Persians) didn't.

Location hidden

#195090 Dec 22, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>I'll say! The temperature here's been hovering in the high 30s (that's Celsius, Yanks) for the last few days.

It should be a warm Xmas too. I might go the beach in the afternoon, after dinner.

I've been to Queensland in summer when I was a kid. You Banana Benders can have all that bl00dy humidity!!!
Do not refer to me as a banana bender, it was an army wife move and is now a custody matter, lol, I'm a frikken cockie.

Yeah, today it's going to be a steamy 38, bleh.

Since: Sep 10

Punta Arenas, Chile

#195091 Dec 22, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in a fair fight, doc. Be it with fists or with words.
I think religion is a net negative. But I resist the denial of the positives, because they are important.
I think the world would be better off if all organized religion disbanded.
My private beliefs are not religious. I profess spirituality.
I believe there is only one sin - unkindness. I believe we continue after physical death, in some way, but I do not fully understand it.
I believe in that continuation, the only thing about the present life that matters is what we do for someone else.
When I do something bad to another, I feel bad. When I do something kind, I feel good.
I think that connects me to things outside me.
So why oppose same sex marriage?

Location hidden

#195092 Dec 22, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. You do get to the heart of it. I'm not outraged nor have you injured me or my church. I will say this might be a pointless discussion but I'll try. From my pov saying a person is Christian doesn't make it so. God states this as well.(Matthew 7:21-23) I've been reading some commentaries of late on many of the faith that were killed by the established church. Many here in this forum would no doubt call all of those people Christian, I wouldn't. Nothing new under the sun. Hate and murder have been around since the 2nd generation of man. People will always try to give an excuse. God knows who belongs to Him. Just speaking for me and my wife but we are thankful to be part of the faith, no going back.
*lying for the jesus*

Location hidden

#195093 Dec 22, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>If it's unimportant whether Hitler was a Christian, or hated Christianity, atheists should stop bringing it up, and I wouldn't have to prove it was the latter.
You proved nothing. Just like no one has proved a god exists.

Since: Sep 10

Punta Arenas, Chile

#195094 Dec 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Lying for a living is the perfect profession for someone like Catcher.
Not nice.

I challenge you.

One lie.

Location hidden

#195096 Dec 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Lying for a living is the perfect profession for someone like Catcher.
Says the man pretending to be a woman.

Location hidden

#195097 Dec 22, 2013
Yeah, yeah...bad syntax...

you'll get ove that too, pettywads.

Location hidden

#195098 Dec 22, 2013
Ack...lol

I need a break

later,trolls

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#195099 Dec 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't worn a dress since Halloween '68. My sister got jealous because I looked better in it. LOL
2 funny , I pulled a muscle in hysterical laughter.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#195100 Dec 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So why oppose same sex marriage?
Why oppose different species marriage?

Because you have to be a
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
child?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min John Galt 1,224,603
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Brilliant Chicky 309,756
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) 3 hr robert walker 6
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Mon tom wingo 29,725
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Apr 29 Sauck freedom 6
News Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... (Sep '14) Apr 29 tom wingo 4
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 27 TerryE 5,306
More from around the web