Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256043 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#193396 Dec 17, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
If what you said were true, then yes, logic would be a bitch.
However, there is no proof that any god ever existed so…your logic is a bit faulty.
That doesn't mean there is no proof.

That's the logic you selectively miss.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#193397 Dec 17, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nope.
Marriage is already a concept that will not change if it involves gays.
There will be no conceptual changes to marriage unless same-sex spouses decide to start divorcing or abusing each other as a direct result of gay marriage.
Do you think that's likely to happen?
Yes.

What's gonna happen when two lesbians divorce?

Do they both get to take everything?

Who gets the vaginamony?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#193398 Dec 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Oh geez.
Okay.
Tide is a married bachelor.
Tide (you) doesn't exist.
That was easy.
The condition of the proof is that "Tide" IS a married bachelor.

That condition is not met, so the conclusion is not sound.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#193399 Dec 17, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>One at a time here, first Archaeoraptor. This was far from a Hoax, an ignorant Chinese farmer found the fossil and it broke into pieces when he dug it up, knowing it was worth money he found other pieces and cemented them together. It was then purchased by Stephen Czerkas for his museum, an excellent example of a transitional fossil.
The case only brings to light what has happened in the last 100 years with evolutionary science. Yes scientist did discover the fossil to be faked but were asked to join a conspiracy hiding the truth from the general public.

Phil Currie was a paleontologist working for the Czerkases. It was a Dr. Timothy Rowe with the University of Texas that discovered the fossil to be faked. Both Rowe and Currie were asked by the Czerkases to not reveal the fossil as being faked. These scientist were asked to join a conspiracy.

Eagle 12

----------

“During the initial examination of the fossil on March 6, 1999 it had already become clear to Currie that the left and right feet mirrored each other perfectly and that the fossil had been completed by using both slab and counterslab. He also noticed no connection could be seen between the tail and the body. In July 1999, Currie and the Czerkases brought the fossil to the High-Resolution X-ray CT Facility of the University of Texas (Austin) founded and operated by Dr. Timothy Rowe to make CT scans. Rowe, having made the scans on July 29, determined that they indicated that the bottom fragments, showing the tail and the lower legs, were not part of the larger fossil. He informed the Czerkases on August 2 that there was a chance of the whole being a fraud. During a subsequent discussion Rowe and Currie were pressured by the Czerkases to keep their reservations private.”

By that time the November issue of National Geographic was already in preparation for printing, but "Archaeoraptor" was never formally published in any peer-reviewed journal.
National Geographic went ahead and published without peer review.[6] The fossil was unveiled in a press conference on October 15, 1999, and the November 1999 National Geographic contained an article by Christopher P. Sloan—a National Geographic art editor. Sloan described it as a missing link that helped elucidate the connection between dinosaurs and birds.

The original fossil was put on display at the National Geographic Society in Washington, DC, pending return to China. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeoraptor

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#193400 Dec 17, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sweetie, there is not an experiment you can do to "prove" E=MC^2."
You can't do one, either.
You have to take the word of others it is so. And they can't prove it exists on a universal scale by any experiment. Just seemingly so here.
As it was, it wasn't exact, was it? Just good enough for them. Apply that margin of error universally. You could drive a few galaxies through it.
Like I said, no citing scientific scriptures.
You are a sucker for high sounding words you don't understand. They like that.
Trinity Site, White Sands NM, July 16, 1945.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#193401 Dec 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't mean there is no proof.
That's the logic you selectively miss.
Actually, that is what it means.

Next!

Location hidden

#193402 Dec 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ya-huh
Tide with Beach wrote:
A woman only has the right to marry a woman in some states.
o.O
I like it when you flaunt your ignorance so ignorantly.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#193403 Dec 17, 2013
Whilst you're still believing stuff that was clearly bullshit from 2,500 years ago...

Did you see that a French priest accompanied Dawson on his digs? Yet more church shame.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you claim, but what we do know he was a Brit. Yes he did produce fraudulent evidence. Was it purposely or overzealousness?
What I find so interesting it took 40 years before this fraudulent evidence was uncovered. This was just one example of botched and fraudulent evidence making it’s way to the mainstream science unchecked.
Your science as you call it was late in it’s awakening, don‘t you think?
I do thank you for bringing up this matter.[tipping hat]
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#193404 Dec 17, 2013
I’m against homosexuals altering the traditional definition of marriage between men and women. A tradition has been in place since the very beginning of mankind.

This opinion has nothing to do with hate. But has everything to do with an established tradition.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#193405 Dec 17, 2013
So how do you explain Mercury's measurable precession without E=mc^2 and the time dilation equation that resulted directly from it?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
On the anecdotal and evidence regarding facts.
Sweetie, there is not an experiment you can do to "prove" E=MC^2.
No citing science scripture, please.
You are a selectively trusting soul.

Location hidden

#193406 Dec 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I did call you a married bachelor.
According to you, just my words mean you don't exist.
You're a married bachelor.
*POOF*
Still here?
No, not according to me. You're working off your misunderstanding that you've had ample opportunity to correct.

I've done all I can do to tell you what I meant by what I said.

I modified the proof from a conversational form that included a figure of speech into a formal proof. I did that to hopefully avoid this very problem.

The condition of the proof is that Tom, or whoever, IS a married bachelor.

Red herring is off the menu.

Would you like to discuss how this conditional proof can be applied to Bible God?

Location hidden

#193407 Dec 17, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
I’m against homosexuals altering the traditional definition of marriage between men and women. A tradition has been in place since the very beginning of mankind.
This opinion has nothing to do with hate. But has everything to do with an established tradition.
That's disgustingly pathetic, even for a Christian.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#193408 Dec 17, 2013
Same sex marriage becomes legal in England and Wales on March 29th 2014.
I won't feel any less married to my wife after that date. I just don't see what the fuss is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriag...

71% now support same sex marriage wholeheartedly. Of course, we've still got embarassing backward folks like the islamic community holding the rest of us back but it was ever thus.

Maybe they'll grow up one day.
Eagle 12 wrote:

Location hidden

#193409 Dec 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Your concession is again accepted, you married bachelor.
I responded to what I thought, or hoped, was a lame joke.

If you need some English lessons, ask the Asian girl.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#193410 Dec 17, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The condition of the proof is that "Tide" IS a married bachelor.
That condition is not met, so the conclusion is not sound.
Now there's a condition?

Shit, man.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#193411 Dec 17, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you claim, but what we do know he was a Brit. Yes he did produce fraudulent evidence. Was it purposely or overzealousness?
What I find so interesting it took 40 years before this fraudulent evidence was uncovered. This was just one example of botched and fraudulent evidence making it’s way to the mainstream science unchecked.
Your science as you call it was late in it’s awakening, don‘t you think?
I do thank you for bringing up this matter.[tipping hat]
Bah. Fundies just love that one - and they get it wrong every time.

"As early as 1913, David Waterston of King's College London published in Nature his conclusion that the sample consisted of an ape mandible and human skull.[6] Likewise, French paleontologist Marcellin Boule concluded the same thing in 1915. A third opinion from American zoologist Gerrit Smith Miller concluded Piltdown's jaw came from a fossil ape. In 1923, Franz Weidenreich examined the remains and correctly reported that they consisted of a modern human cranium and an orangutan jaw with filed-down teeth." - Wiki.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#193412 Dec 17, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nope.
Marriage is already a concept that will not change if it involves gays.
There will be no conceptual changes to marriage unless same-sex spouses decide to start divorcing or abusing each other as a direct result of gay marriage.
Do you think that's likely to happen?
The conceptual change is from one man, one woman, to something different.

With voting, you walk in and vote. Then more people walk in and vote.

If you don't see the conceptual distinction, you must have your head up your ass.

But hey, MacNuggets, don't let your head being up your ass ruin your day!

Location hidden

#193413 Dec 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"Tide with Beach wrote:
A woman only has the right to marry a woman in some states."
That's a pretty easy sentence to read.
Not so easy to explain.
That damn Topix Atheist! handbook.
LOL

Location hidden

#193415 Dec 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
There already is equality in marriage rights.
No there isn't.

Would you make the same argument for interracial marriage?

Before interracial marriage was allowed, was there equality in marriage rights?

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#193416 Dec 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the right to marry a man. I don't have that right.
THAT is equality.
That's as far from equal as you can get.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Yeah 1,405,041
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Trojan 32,308
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr ThomasA 311,496
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 19 hr IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 25 NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web