Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258039 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#193073 Dec 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
They're just whining sissies, huh?
And morons. They already have the rights they're fighting for, right Buck?
Seriously, Buck, there is no issue we seem to be able to discuss without our most basic premises being in conflict. We shouldn't attempt to debate - just give our opposite opinions and move on.
He's right, you know.

He said the issue is fighting for a new right - the right to marry the same sex.

Then you say they already have the rights they're looking for....

Whut?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#193074 Dec 16, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You are the hands down Champion of avoiding a direct question. It's a dead giveaway that you have absolutely NO answer to the question. And the reigning Champion is..........Eagle 12
Thank you Doctor for your kind words.[tipping hat].
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#193075 Dec 16, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Not merely opinion.
Teaching intelligent design is unconstitutional: this is the legally binding opinion of a Republican christian judge appointed by GWB.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_E._Jones_II...
<quoted text>
You never addressed the issues of fraud in science.

You do understand the word “fraud?”

Evolutionary science has been chocked full of fabrications and faked data.

Is that ok that faked and fraudulent information was taught to kids?

Fraud as in Haeckel's Fraud?

Archaeoraptor liaoningensis?

Professor Reiner Protsch von Zieten?

Hesperopithecus haroldcookii or Nebraska man?

Don't run away my man, answer the questions.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#193076 Dec 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Eternal life?
Given the life will be worth living that long.
.. nope, not a Klondike Bar of the guarantee of eternal life ..

.. first poster to get it correct receives a nude photo ..
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#193077 Dec 16, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Doctor for your kind words.[tipping hat].
I'm not sure why you think my accusations of you being to cowardly to answer a direct question are "kind words."
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#193078 Dec 16, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
"The nice thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not."
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#193079 Dec 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't just white merchants that bought/traded slaves. They were sold around the world by nearly every major civilization.
The Spanish and South American countries had a huge market in the slave trades.
And of course this is justification for the immorality of owning another human being? Everyone else does it so it's ok? If even ONE person owned another it would be WRONG. It was wrong in the bible and it's still wrong!!!

The bible got the easiest moral question that humanity has ever faced WRONG!!!! Slavery. What are the odds that the bible got something as complicated as human sexuality wrong? Probably 100%

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#193080 Dec 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
That photo has to be of you.

To escape this life?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#193081 Dec 16, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you would be lying again when you claim evolutionary science is "Chocked full of fabrications and fake data" Your job now is to present documentation that supports this claim. I'll wait!!!

Of the hundreds of thousands of scientists world wide that have worked diligently for many years to present the FACTS of evolution. That have contributed greatly to our understanding of evolution, you cherry pick a few dishonest scientists and claim the entire field of evolutionary biology to be wrong. Facts are Facts, a few dishonest scientists DO NOT change those facts, facts that are demonstrable and observable. Hereditary changes in a population over many generations is a FACT, and thats ALL that evolution claims.

Your denial of these facts would be no different from you denying the Earth spins on its axis and revolves around the sun.

I know your old and ignorant, and simply choose to be that way, but it really is pitiful to see just how uninformed you are when dealing with science issues.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#193082 Dec 16, 2013
You mean cases like Piltdown Man?
Some christian faked a corpse's history.
The scientific method proved it wrong.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#193083 Dec 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
bwhahahahahhaahhahaha aaachooo
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#193084 Dec 16, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>"The nice thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not."
bumbling, bungling , blithering babbling, buffoon

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#193085 Dec 16, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You can learn it by reading.
And it is accurate.
Yeah...I did all that reading when I was in school, and now that I'm trying to even find that information that you posted, I can't even find it online. If it were accurate then odds are I would have remembered it, and I'm pretty sure that I would have found it online. I have no problem saying that you are correct, IF you are correct, but my memory says different and the internet does not seem to carry that information either. If you could kindly tell me where I could see this info it would be greatly appreciated.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#193086 Dec 16, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>"The nice thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not."
oooooh sure,

Where was the scientific method and peer review?

Oh it's ok because it's evolution?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#193087 Dec 16, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you would be lying again when you claim evolutionary science is "Chocked full of fabrications and fake data" Your job now is to present documentation that supports this claim. I'll wait!!!
Of the hundreds of thousands of scientists world wide that have worked diligently for many years to present the FACTS of evolution. That have contributed greatly to our understanding of evolution, you cherry pick a few dishonest scientists and claim the entire field of evolutionary biology to be wrong. Facts are Facts, a few dishonest scientists DO NOT change those facts, facts that are demonstrable and observable. Hereditary changes in a population over many generations is a FACT, and thats ALL that evolution claims.
Your denial of these facts would be no different from you denying the Earth spins on its axis and revolves around the sun.
I know your old and ignorant, and simply choose to be that way, but it really is pitiful to see just how uninformed you are when dealing with science issues.

Peer review and scientific method?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#193088 Dec 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your child. Keep the photo.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#193089 Dec 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. by chance, are you an educator ??..
LOL
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#193090 Dec 16, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you would be lying again when you claim evolutionary science is "Chocked full of fabrications and fake data" Your job now is to present documentation that supports this claim. I'll wait!!!
Facts are that anyone who questions evolution is taken out behind the building and beat up.

Why, this science is inundated with speculation. And it takes brute force to keep people believing in it.

If you want to believe all that nonsense about evolution that’s up to you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#193091 Dec 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your daughter.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#193092 Dec 16, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>And of course this is justification for the immorality of owning another human being? Everyone else does it so it's ok? If even ONE person owned another it would be WRONG. It was wrong in the bible and it's still wrong!!!
The bible got the easiest moral question that humanity has ever faced WRONG!!!! Slavery. What are the odds that the bible got something as complicated as human sexuality wrong? Probably 100%
I didn't say slavery is or ever was a good thing. You imply disparity between us where none exists.

I agree with you that it's immoral to own a human being.

But it happens. It exists. God knew the immorality of it and tried to get humans to see that. So He created laws for slave owners.

Laws for slave owners.

You get that?

Nobody had laws for slave owners or for any kind of proper treatment for slaves. What the Bible did was revolutionary for its time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Grumpy 1,458,235
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) 1 hr Yin 17
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr TRUMP WINNERS 312,671
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Bruin For Life 32,593
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Fri Go Blue Forever 57
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,372
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
More from around the web