Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 253525 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#192217 Dec 14, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
How many? You can round it off to hundreds.
All but a whopping 2.0%.
Or about 6,611,399,309 religitards.
UIdiotRaceMakeWo rldpeace

United States

#192218 Dec 14, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas Jefferson's view on the source of rights:
"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure if we have lost the only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?"
-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia (Philadelphia: Matthew Carey, 1794), Query XVIII, p. 237.
You another big Hypocrite ! Problem with you war mongers Xtain fundies don't uphold that Responsibility for good of mankind

“God’s gift”: liberty and responsibility (1 Sam. 14:1–23)

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#192219 Dec 14, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Our rights are secured by our want to have them and acting on it.
Any other sense of security is a delusion.
They are secured by the Constitution.

Their source, according to the founding, is God.

At least you abandoned rights being "provided" by government.

That's good progress.

" the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them..."

" that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights"

Button Gwinnett, Lyman Hall, George Walton, William Hooper, Joseph Hewes, John Penn, Edward Rutledge, Thomas Heyward, Jr., Thomas Lynch, Jr., Arthur Middleton, John Hancock, Samuel Chase, William Paca, Thomas Stone, Charles Carroll, George Wythe,
Richard Henry Lee, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Harrison, Thomas Nelson, Jr., Francis Lightfoot Lee, Carter Braxton, Robert Morris, Benjamin Rush, Benjamin Franklin, John Morton, George Clymer, James Smith, George Taylor, James Wilson, George Ross, Caesar Rodney, George Read, Thomas McKean, William Floyd, Philip Livingston, Francis Lewis, Lewis Morris, Richard Stockton, John Witherspoon, Francis Hopkinson, John Hart, Abraham Clark, Josiah Bartlett, William Whipple, Samuel Adams, John Adams, Robert Treat Paine, Elbridge Gerry, Stephen Hopkins, William Ellery, Roger Sherman, Samuel Huntington, William Williams, Oliver Wolcott, Matthew Thornton.

Location hidden

#192220 Dec 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery within Judaism wasn't just about "debt", as you asserted, and even the Jesus! didn't speak out against the practice.
You don't know that, unless you somehow know every word he spoke.

You don't know much of anything, so I doubt you know that.

Location hidden

#192221 Dec 14, 2013
UIdiotRaceMakeWorldpeace wrote:
<quoted text>you took his quote out of context to fit your immoral views , you did not include hos WHOLE meaning what he thinks. and it not source of rights, you used wrong wording...
“God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever; That a revolution of the wheel of fortune, a change of situation, is among possible events; that it may become probable by Supernatural influence! The Almighty has no attribute which can take side with us in that event.”(Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XVIII, p. 237)
Thanks. The full quote supports my point even better, WorldPeaceIdiotRacer.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#192223 Dec 14, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know that, unless you somehow know every word he spoke.
You don't know much of anything, so I doubt you know that.
No one "knows" what "he" spoke. It's all said to have been said by those who heard it from others who said he said it.

It's all conjecture.

Location hidden

#192224 Dec 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm always in a good mood, Buck, mostly.
Try it sometime.
Atheists' hate for the Declaration and the Constitution is second and third to their hate for the Bible.

Location hidden

#192225 Dec 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
"Focules"
Can't wait to use that word in a sentence.
Focules too.

United States

#192226 Dec 14, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. The full quote supports my point even better, WorldPeaceIdiotRacer.
No it does not . Look at his words" maybe - Probable:' Jefferonian Quote and his end sentence make you a biggest Hypocrite , Making you a Warmonger grunt! bababababaaa Seem like you hate Peace but lover of wars and its violence dissensions, as gathering from your postings!

United States

#192227 Dec 14, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
On the Supreme Court, I prefer someone who believes the Constitution.
Whether they believe in the devil is none of my concern.
Actually you support war mongering Neocons/Xtain Fundmaentalism how are they believe in the constitution, again found you out to be the biggest hypocrite on here Topix, as you postings say alot about you! BAhahahahah Caught you in heat Buck naked! Again! ABhahaahaa

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#192228 Dec 14, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists' hate for the Declaration and the Constitution is second and third to their hate for the Bible.
Nah, I don't hate any of those.

I do use them for examples as it suits me in many instances, however, and will as I see fit.

Location hidden

#192229 Dec 14, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Married bachelors cannot exist.
If Tom is a married bachelor, then Tom does not exist.
This is a basic conditional proof.
You changed your story.

This is your previous "proof":

"If you say that Tom IS a married bachelor, then Tom does not exist."

Now, you took the description out of it, and have ended up with a simple tautology:

"Tom does not exist because Tom does not exist".

But your original claim about God's non-existence is based on a description - the Bible.

And your alleged proof he does not exist is analogous with your erroneous claim:

***Which you yourself have now abandoned.***

Location hidden

#192230 Dec 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
No one "knows" what "he" spoke. It's all said to have been said by those who heard it from others who said he said it.
It's all conjecture.
Don't tell it to me, Idiot. You are the one who just made a definitive statement about what he said or didn't say.

Location hidden

#192231 Dec 14, 2013
UIdiotRaceMakeWorldpeace wrote:
<quoted text>Actually you support war mongering Neocons/Xtain Fundmaentalism how are they believe in the constitution, again found you out to be the biggest hypocrite on here Topix, as you postings say alot about you! BAhahahahah Caught you in heat Buck naked! Again! ABhahaahaa
Something wrecked your brain, World Beatnik.

Be careful it doesn't get your ass wrecked for you.
Jim

London, UK

#192232 Dec 14, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> I see it different. You were offered a gift and refused it. Who does it belong to?
Its supposed to be the thought that counts, but that's what's absent in religion.

United States

#192233 Dec 14, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Something wrecked your brain, World Beatnik.
Be careful it doesn't get your ass wrecked for you.
More Ad hominem from you ! I see you mentally challenged again! You World war mongering Grunter loves to abuse the civilain population, noted!
Jim

London, UK

#192234 Dec 14, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You changed your story.
Now, you took the description out of it, and have ended up with a simple tautology:
But your original claim about God's non-existence is based on a description - the Bible.
And your alleged proof he does not exist is analogous with your erroneous claim:
For a claimed non-religious person, you seem awfully christarded.

United States

#192235 Dec 14, 2013
ADD! i don't stand up for war mongering, as you Buck naked believe in wars , its violence and dissensions, you not even human ... sAD TO BE You a monion of haded! Go look at yourself in the mirror!
Jim

London, UK

#192236 Dec 14, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You changed your story.
When you manage to prove this god fellow, please give us a call on 0800-UR-CRAZY

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#192237 Dec 14, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell it to me, Idiot. You are the one who just made a definitive statement about what he said or didn't say.
You mean in opposition to what you want to believe "he" did say.

Got it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr IdiggHiggs 1,346,852
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Trojan 31,889
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 8 hr You Lost 201,846
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 hr Fair Game 8,654
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Mon exclusiveYTube 310,654
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Feb 7 Mary 284
News IU ranked 13th, Butler 16th (Dec '07) Feb 3 Fart news 89
More from around the web