Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254980 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#191849 Dec 12, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not think so but God does speak to people.
Would your god command a follower to call someone "dumb ass"?

Hmmm?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#191850 Dec 12, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not think so but God does speak to people.
Let me guess...
1. He didn't use a mega phone.
2. He didn't use a telephone.
3. Nobody else can hear him.
4. The voice came out the sky.
5. You heard the voice in your head.
6. You were drinking at the time.
7. You didn't actually see anybody.
8. You stopped drinking suddenly after years of being an alcoholic.
9. You are an escaped mental patient.
10. You didn't really hear it.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#191851 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
So he can wear them.
I tried not to laugh. I failed.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#191852 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
I know I can seem gruff. But I do consider it a loss that we put a guy in the Oval Office that did those things there to a 19 year-old intern. When it broke, Sam Donaldson said if it's true, he's gone. And that was just the sex part. The same liberals who told us that sexual harassment was serious in the workplace when there is a huge differential in power between the boss and the employee,yet I don't. crawfished and defended Slick Willie. But they hounded Bob Packwood from office, an old doddering man who tried to kiss his secretary.
You may have a point. But my willingness to investigate it at this point is limited. Why?

This is all so unpleasant to me. I have made my decision to disown and walk away from all of this unpleasantness, which limits its relevance in my life now.

This leaves me straddling contradictory positions: a general desire to be informed combined with my connection to the people that I left behind - including you - against the desire to be rid of this stuff forever and to not look back at any of it again. I care, yet I don't. Do you understand that? I'll bet you do.
Buck Crick wrote:
But to put it in perspective, no, it was not Clinton's worse crime. He lost me when he got a military induction notice and never showed up. And when Jennifer Flowers played her tape of him asking her to perjure herself, and George Stephanopoulous and others ran out and said "The tape's doctored! That's not Governor Clinton!"
Then the media started referring to it as "the man on the tape". While his boys were saying it wasn't Bill, Bill was on the phone with Mario Cuomo apologizing for calling him a "little mafioso" on the tape.
Those issues do not motivate me. Nor do his sexual escapades. I still like and admire the man.

Nevertheless, Buck, I can't say often enough how much more I like this new arrangement between us, and the ability to disagree amicably, and with courtesy. Even if we disagree about everything else, we both seem to want to help America restore itself, and to get along with one another - I hope.

Incidentally, I am now about 30 minutes into the Waco documentary. I will probably end up sharing your misgivings about the government's role there. It looks dirty.

I doubt, however, that I will come to see the adult Christians involved as innocents. They shot back, and they didn't release their children, and they didn't surrender. How can whatever I am about to see make that go away?

Yes, it's tragic. But it's America: guns and bibles. How could it not be tragic?
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#191853 Dec 12, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried not to laugh. I failed.
You do that often.

Fennario

#191854 Dec 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
The "muscle" is the government and its enforcers.
Pitiful as it is, I will guarantee that if you didn't have the Mexican Federales protecting your impotent ass there you would be scrounging up whatever you could to hire Yul Brynner, Steve Mcqueen, and crew.
American muscle of that sort is stronger. Lose your check and the Federales and the locals would have no use for your tired Yanqui ass.
You are a long ways from home if the system crumbles a bit. A very long ways. But keep the faith.
Sometimes, you seem even less lucid.

Why don't you recognize that you couldn't possibly have a clue who I am, what I think, or what my world is like? You just appear disconnected and irrelevant when you guess, and so badly.

Lose my check? WTF? I could go broke tomorrow, return to the States to work the next day, and be back here again in 5-10 years before age 70. What would you know about any of that?

Fennario

#191855 Dec 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Like I said before, remember that when they bust you for possession. Or violating some law down there you didn't know existed. Which will of course incur considerable expense on your part. About as much as they can squeeze out of you.
You wish, Little Man. You have always and ever fantasized about my demise. Your envy is palpable.

This is your own little drama, borne of your own insecurities and regrets about the choices you have made and the small life you chose to live. You're such an easy target that I feel a little guilty retaliating.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#191856 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll look funny saying that with no front teeth.
So would you, you guiness record holder for self abasement.

Since: Jan 11

United States

#191857 Dec 12, 2013
River Tam wrote:
I like Hillary's 'stache better. It makes her look like a young Eric Idle.
http://www.drulie.com/jokes/Hillary_files/Hil...
LOL
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#191858 Dec 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
She's covering up?
she better be, shes one of those behemoth type leviathans you see at walmart or the all you can eat buffets.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#191859 Dec 12, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bongo, you're just too funny.
thanks man

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Fennario

#191860 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
It's our house. They were tenants. Hey, Iman.
CNBC just reported that for 2010, the top 40% of income earners paid 106% of all federal income taxes. The lower 40% paid -6%.(negative 6%)
This is because the bottom 40 received more in federal tax credits than they paid in. Those wealthy people get all the breaks, huh? Bwahahahaahahaaaaa....
Lucky poor people!
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#191861 Dec 12, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You do that often.
I see you're back on the West Coast as opposed to your New York haunts. Does this fulfill your private jet fantasy? You are a Topix millionaire, are you not?

Fennario

#191862 Dec 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
I fully understand your sentiments, and share most of them. And when I retire, I am considering several places outside the U.S. as a "base of operations". But I'm still fighting for what I consider to be worth the battles.
You SHOULD fight the battles you find worthy. I do.

If Mexico is a possibility, send me a PM and I'll share what I know with you - and anybody else that is interested. We're well satisfied with our choice and this life.

Fennario

#191863 Dec 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I fully understand your sentiments, and share most of them.
And when I retire, I am considering several places outside the U.S. as a "base of operations".
But I'm still fighting for what I consider to be worth the battles.
When I answered your post, for some reason, I thought it was Riverside Redneck I was responding to. You don't need my advice or my help, although I would share whatever I have or know with you.

Since: Jan 11

United States

#191864 Dec 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I see.
The war on drugs causes people to get hooked on drugs.
The War on Drugs created the illegal drug trade, with drug pushers who will use any means to get people hooked. Since it's already an illegal enterprise, they have no reason to use ethical business practices.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Damn them people trying to uphold the law.
Upholding unjust laws is not virtuous.

Fennario

#191865 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
Sorry, I have to be a quibbledick. I'll give you "armed cult". Give you "entrenched after a shootout". Have to take away "thought to be abusing children". That was made up. Have to omit "apocalyptic ranting", since people do that all the time, including environmentalists. It's not a substantive factor. Have to call you on some omissions, as in the nature of the raid, and the extreme nature of the resolution of the standoff. But hey, for you, not bad.
Thanks. I'll get back to you after I'm done with the video.

Fennario

#191866 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
My response was to your Bush conversation about ramming through elements of domestic surveilance, unless I misread it. He was a liberal on those issues.
No problem. I just needed to know what you meant by liberal. For you, Bush and the illegal invasion of privacy are liberalism. By that reckoning, I agree that liberalism has been a disaster. It certainly was in Nazi Germany.

Fennario

#191867 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
Reports say the ATF agents who were shot and those dragging them to safety were praying. I don't hold the praying against them. Do you think the agents should have died because they were praying?
No.

Do you think that they should have lived because they were?
Buck Crick wrote:
The Davidians ... made bad choices. If they had known the government was going to burn them alive, more would have probably come out.
Road map. It doesn't take a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing.

Buck Crick wrote:
When our government decides to burn citizens alive, they should give warning, at least. Can you agree on that? Not only that, but before they tore into the building with tanks, chewing up some persons with the tracks, they announced on loud speaker that they would not make an armed attack. Then, as aerial video shows, started firing automatic weapons into the house.
I'm not here to defend that government. That's a separate issue for me.

Fennario

#191868 Dec 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
did you see the movie, A Day Without a Mexican?
I did - years ago. It was surrealistic.

Were you aware that today is a big holiday in Mexico - Día de la Virgen de Guadalupe? We've been hearing bandas and cohetes all day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min cathy1691823 1,375,513
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 45 min Three Days 311,028
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr Trojan 32,250
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Tue Earthling-1 9,555
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 28 Ela 38
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
More from around the web