Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256092 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#191713 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
Then I found out she prefers women.
Bill AND Hillary Clittin'? Of course! We should have seen it coming, like with Princess Die and Anthony Weener.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#191714 Dec 12, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
OK. I would like to know more, but only if all I have to do is read it. I'm not interested enough to research it. So, in the bin it remains.
<quoted text>
I'll file all of this with the other. The documentary < http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UGT1F0jYhFwXX > was about 110 minutes long and posted by a guy who calls himself RightWingExtremist.If you put your cursor over his name, he confides to us that he is militia member and Christian opposed to the New World Order. Of course, he didn't make the documentary - he just posted it.
Wiki had next to nothing on it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco:_A_New_Reve...
A review by Daniel Jolley "darkgenius" at < http://www.amazon.com/Waco-New-Revelation-Gen... > seemed very intelligent and impartial, and convinced me that if I ever want to give two hours to this subject, this documentary that you linked to would be a good place to go.
That, by the way, is the way to write/speak if you wish to be read/listened to. The use of extreme language filled with judgment makes the source seem not credible. You tended to do a lot of that yourself until recently. You are much more effective when you are more even as you have been in your handling of this topic.
And, of course, if you would ever deign to include quotes and links to support your more controversial contentions, you would be more effective yet. I'm leaving this matter with a strong suspicion that you have a legitimate gripe, but as I said, since this matter is no longer relevant for a variety of reasons, and since violence, cults, and theology are all turn offs for me, I won't be making the effort to find out just what that was, or which of your claims are accurate ans which were distorted or had significant omissions.
I had significant omissions, but it was mainly the refried beans I had for breakfast.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#191715 Dec 12, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
Because Jesus called everyone he didn't agree with a "fuckingloser"
You *are* a fake "christian".
Sad.
BLOB, sing for us. BLOB

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#191716 Dec 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I changed nothing.
Your words, just a few hours ago:
ChristineM wrote:
My kids, do you really think that I can speak for anyone else’s kids?
Not necessarily Saturnalia, you could include Yule, Mid Winter, Winter Solstice, Yalda, Kwanzaa, M&#333;draniht, Hanukkah, Pancha Ganapati and not forgetting Dies Natalis Solis Invicti.
--
In case you missed it:
ChristineM wrote:
Not necessarily
--
Happy?
Yes you did change my words from necessarily to really and you just proved your lie, thank you,

Location hidden

#191717 Dec 12, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>

Hi cupcake, hows things?
Not bad.[furrows brow]

#191718 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
How did the head-hunter cultural experience work out?
Our strength is our diversity.
Not tried that yet, you want to volunteer?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#191719 Dec 12, 2013
<quoted text>
As I suspect that you'd agree, there's a relationship between excessive prison sentencing and the privatization of corrections. How many of the conservatives posting here fell right into step with the corporatists (again) when we discussed this recently? Dave, who was telling us how his neighborhood depends on a private prison (or something like that) was one, and Riverside Redneck another if memory serves.
This is a collection of YouTube videos about the matter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =r9UX-bvQfb8XX&list=PL3-O2 b7cJ2x4z1w6DieQn31nlQrHWtYl_ &index=1
Couple that with your Les Miserableque tale of 27 year sentences for "extorting" $1.50, Riverside Redneck and Rider on the Storm's condemnation of you for 'putting criminals back on the streets' < http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... and the following link >, Albuquerque Davy's several links on storm troopers in the cities < http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... >, Dave's, Aura's and Aerobatty's nice discussion of how inadequate minimum wage offset against Riverside Redneckworrying about the price of his burgers, Dave's class envy piece about San Francisco < http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/11/tech/innovation... >, Riverside Redneck's plaint, "How about the goddamned government just stick to the military and police and let the civilians handle their own business. THAT'S the governments job, not taking care of everybody. " < http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... > - all within the last 16 hours - I've got to say, that's a pretty grim picture.
It wasn't long ago that I was often castigated in these threads for wanting to take myself and my wife away all from of that. That's become very rare in the last two years. Now Buck wants to join me, and a few others have voiced an interest in moving on.
Why? It's becoming clearer that America is not the country we were born into, and I'd say with it's present (and in my opinion, permanent) entrenched power structure changing the rules to suit itself, it is no longer our friend and never will be again in our lifetimes.
How sad is that? As I said earlier, it's the saddest truth of my life. As I also said, we each carry a mental map by which we chart our life's course to the extent that it is under our control. Rational skepticism requires that we continually notice and assess evidence. Intelligence is the ability to discern and respond to environmental factors optimally, and adapt when appropriate - rechart sections of the map as it were.
And for our conservative friends, that includes recognizing when you have been wrong - when you have unwittingly trusted an enemy - and making it right. The alternative is to "keep the faith," a phrase suggesting that rigid adherence to old ideas once assimilated unexamined is best.
One of the things tearing down America is crapfuck attorneys keeping gang members on the streets.

Another is liberals whining that their sentence is too harsh.

The gang member in question was looking at a sentence of 27 years. It's safe to assume that this wasn't his first crime. It's also safe to assume that sense Catcher1 helped him stay on the streets, it won't be his last crime.

#191720 Dec 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh...
So when you're talking about ramming a child's ass, you're just prepping?
Or are you being sarcastic?
Think, Chris. Think.
If you can.
You named the celebration,

Nope not sarcastic, just retaliating, I know how much it upsets buck so with any luck he will consider his personal insults in future, chances are not in favour though so It’t likely to be same old, same old

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#191721 Dec 12, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> BLOB, sing for us. BLOB
Sure. Because your Jewsus called everyone he was jelous of, "BLOB".

I'm so sorry you are jealous of me like this.

It's not anything I can do to fix it, though.

You will just have to deal with your hate and jealousy yourself.

#191722 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what you call it?
I call it the Buck Member.
But thanks.
Nope not that tiny pecker you play with in the bath,(do you bathe?) the irony one you beat old ladies with?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191723 Dec 12, 2013
OCB wrote: I wouldn't let a dog P*SS on you if you were on fire.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I'm starting to feel unwanted.
What if your dog WANTED to piss on me while I'm on fire?
Would you at least leave it up to Fido?
C'mon, man. That's not asking much.
Please let someone or somethin' piss on me.
I think she just threatened you.

On the Internet.

That's illegal, you know.

#191724 Dec 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Google translate can't figure out what you're trying to say.
Help, please.
No.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191725 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, now I'm pretty sure that's an insult.
I could've called you a fuckweasel then challenged you to a whiskey drinkin contest, but.....

#191726 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
This line of discourse seems inappropriate, Christine.
I think I speak for all on this thread when I suggest you clean it up, or exit our presence.
Honey you started this round of abusive banter – again - You don’t like the results of your foul mouth then tough, you know the alternative.

#191727 Dec 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
This is beneath contempt. Have some decency, Christine.
Child molestation is not something to joke about.
It ruins lives.
As I said, you started this round of abusive banter – again - You don’t like the results of your foul mouth then tough, you know the alternative.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191728 Dec 12, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
Because Jesus called everyone he didn't agree with a "fuckingloser"
You *are* a fake "christian".
Sad.
Jesus told me to tell you you're a dumb ass.

Dumb ass.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#191729 Dec 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The ATF is not loved by the shooting public.
Be advised that relaying such info may jeopardize your friend's job at the FBI. They get kind of paranoid when such is revealed outside their agency. Agents get fired, non-disclosure statements get signed. You don't want to do such things.
Seriously.
He's since retired.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#191730 Dec 12, 2013

Location hidden

#191731 Dec 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Disagree. The White House was Clinton's home that year. I don't know if that includes the Oral Office (sic) or not, but if not, I suggest that we people have all rooms of the White House that are NOT considered residential monitored by us people. I'll bet presidents even jerk off in our bathrooms.
<quoted text>
I'm less than convinced that you care about presidents violating federal statutes than you are about impugning Democratic presidents.
I know I can seem gruff. But I do consider it a loss that we put a guy in the Oval Office that did those things there to a 19 year-old intern.

When it broke, Sam Donaldson said if it's true, he's gone. And that was just the sex part.

The same liberals who told us that sexual harassment was serious in the workplace when there is a huge differential in power between the boss and the employee, crawfished and defended Slick Willie.

But they hounded Bob Packwood from office, an old doddering man who tried to kiss his secretary.

But to put it in perspective, no, it was not Clinton's worse crime.

He lost me when he got a military induction notice and never showed up.

And when Jennifer Flowers played her tape of him asking her to perjure herself, and George Stephanopoulous and others ran out and said "The tape's doctored! That's not Governor Clinton!"

Then the media started referring to it as "the man on the tape".

While his boys were saying it wasn't Bill, Bill was on the phone with Mario Cuomo apologizing for calling him a "little mafioso" on the tape.

Bwahahahaha...etc.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#191732 Dec 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
You are a paranoid.
Thanks for you professional opinion, Rain Man.
Dave Nelson wrote:
You are way too detached from the realities of this world and looking through a very small window at it.
Tell me more about the real world from the perspective of a shut and loner who only goes out to buy cigarettes.
Dave Nelson wrote:
"I outlined my vision for government, which is much, much, MUCH smaller, cheaper, and less intrusive than yours."
Hey, Cheech, that surveillance, military, and police is what allows you and others of your pathology to survive and rant.
Dude. Whats that shiny thing with the barb piercing your mouth and cheek?
Dave Nelson wrote:
You do understand your ideas are not real popular? That totalitarianism and muscle on the grand scale is what keeps the local boys from frying your ass.
You are clueless beyond belief.

There is no muscle protecting me where I live, nor do I need any. I don't live in a gun infested culture - unless you count the cartels and their American weapons, who pose no threat to us. You, on the other hand, live close to Littleton and Aurora, so perhaps its best that you do stay indoors.

By the way, how comforting to see you so quick to embrace totalitarianism and strong arm tactics - except,of course, when turned on Christian lunatics armed to the teeth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min RoxLo 1,405,625
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed Trojan 32,308
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Wed ThomasA 311,496
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Wed IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 25 NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web