Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Jul 18, 2009 Read more: Webbunny tumblelog 237,672
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#191501 Dec 11, 2013
18 USC § 1385 - Use of Army and Air Force as posse comitatus

US Code
Notes
Updates

"Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

That gets Kid Reno 2 years for Waco right there.

Jim

London, UK

#191502 Dec 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Buck Crick wrote:
... a later occupant who had a 19 year old under the desk sucking his dick and pleasuring her with his cigar while he talked on the phone to world leaders.
<quoted text>
For the guy supposed to be running the free world, it is.
For a married man, it is.
So much for Secular Humanism and it's "higher morals"...
I couldn't find the dick s*cking part in the Secular Humanism, care to tell the truth?

Location hidden

#191503 Dec 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. My only point is that, unlike RR, it's possible that the Buckmaster is a well-heeled guy, so he's not just a poor shlub being used and mocked by the moneyed.
For a price, the moneyed can use and mock me.

I've been paid less for worse.

I beat and robbed a guy one night in Birmingham and got 4 dollars.

And some change.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#191504 Dec 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
There's on amazingly HUGE problem with your translation of the Preamble. It starts with "We the people", meaning ALL citizens of America, not just the government.
Did I translate the Preamble? I just posted it, and offered it as evidence that the purpose of the government was to benefit the American people in a variety of ways beyond what Buck saw as its purpose: to bolster the economy and steer cleat of profit making.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The Nanny State mentality has fully engulfed you, I highly doubt any reason could penetrate your thoughts on this.
Nanny state? That was the conservative choice. Your nanny is reading your emails. Your nanny wants to restrict reproductive freedom, to tell you what you can smoke, and who you can marry.

The state I would support is the opposite.

If I had my druthers, I would slash your military budget by two thirds, your spying budget by half, eliminate your War on Drugs and Homeland Security Departments, eliminate your farm subsidies and other corporate welfare, and increase spending on ordinary Americans - more low interest school and business loans, better VA benefits, universal health care, double the minimum wage, etc.- and infrastructure. Your government would be about 25-40% of the size it is, and your taxes would plummet.

Is that what you mean by a nanny state?

You consistently trust the wrong people.
Jim

London, UK

#191505 Dec 11, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
18 USC § 1385 - Use of Army and Air Force as posse comitatus
US Code
Notes
Updates
"Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."
That gets Kid Reno 2 years for Waco right there.
And therefore, christianity, right? Huh, Give us a Break!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#191506 Dec 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
"Let there be justice for all. Let there be peace for all. Let there be work, bread, water and salt for all. Let each know that for each the body, the mind and the sould have been freed to fulfill themselves."
Nelson Mandela
Been visiting the googlers again, I see...

There went two more questions unanswered by Catcher1.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191507 Dec 11, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't find the dick s*cking part in the Secular Humanism, care to tell the truth?
Are you the Secular Humanist that doesn't want his dick sucked?

Is that you, Jimbo?

Fennario

#191508 Dec 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The liberals will bitch and whine at you if you call the ACA "Obamacare". They understand that much.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Does evidence matter to you at all? How many times have you used that term, and how many times have you seen us bitch or whine about it? I use the term myself. You get your opinions about liberals not from observing us, but from people that understand that our ideas are antithetical to their dreams of owning everything. Don't you think that you owe it to us and to yourself to do better than that?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You totally missed it. You're being too serious and analytical. Think Obamacare. Then think Star Wars. Neither are legitimate, legal names.
You seem to have changed the subject from a claim that liberals will bitch and whine if you call the ACA "Obamacare," which I said hasn't happened here, to saying that the name is illegitimate. Are you bitching and whining about the name yourself now?

This is typical for our discussions

[Rolls boulder uphill]
Jim

London, UK

#191509 Dec 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you the Secular Humanist that doesn't want his dick sucked?
Is that you, Jimbo?
I searched Secular Humanism for the d*ck sucking advice you said would be there, but it turns out you were lying to me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191510 Dec 11, 2013
Did I translate the Preamble? I just posted it, and offered it as evidence that the purpose of the government was to benefit the American people in a variety of ways beyond what Buck saw as its purpose: to bolster the economy and steer cleat of profit making.
Yes, you translated it.

To fit your meaning and to help your cause that the government is supposed to take care of people.

You neglected to acknowledge that the Preamble is speaking about all Americans, not just the Americans in government or in power.

Your "evidence" falls flat because of that.
Nanny state? That was the conservative choice. Your nanny is reading your emails. Your nanny wants to restrict reproductive freedom, to tell you what you can smoke, and who you can marry.
The state I would support is the opposite.
LOL

They can read my emails if they want, I don't care. If it means a safer America, then let them have at it. They're looking for threats to America and her people, not for "hi mom" emails.

The Nanny State is when the government needs to hold your hand through everything and when you think that's the best way to do it and to impose as many regulations as needed to tell you the best way to live your life.

And of course, they'll need more tax money to do that.

That's YOUR utopian government, not mine.
If I had my druthers, I would slash your military budget by two thirds, your spying budget by half, eliminate your War on Drugs and Homeland Security Departments, eliminate your farm subsidies and other corporate welfare, and increase spending on ordinary Americans - more low interest school and business loans, better VA benefits, universal health care, double the minimum wage, etc.- and infrastructure. Your government would be about 25-40% of the size it is, and your taxes would plummet.
Is that what you mean by a nanny state?
You consistently trust the wrong people.
I got a better idea.

How about the goddamned government just stick to the military and police and let the civilians handle their own business.

THAT'S the governments job, not taking care of everybody.

Fennario

#191511 Dec 11, 2013
the Constitution is dying
Buck Crick wrote:
It's your side's doing - liberals. Liberals have been on a relentless campaign to kill the Constitution for nearly a hundred years
More evidence that we have no starting point from which to progress in discussion of political matters. I say that Bush used the Constitution as toilet paper:

"I don't give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I'm the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."

"Mr. President," one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191512 Dec 11, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You seem to have changed the subject from a claim that liberals will bitch and whine if you call the ACA "Obamacare," which I said hasn't happened here, to saying that the name is illegitimate. Are you bitching and whining about the name yourself now?
This is typical for our discussions
[Rolls boulder uphill]
I don't know if it's been discussed on this thread, but it has been discussed on this site.

Many people have corrected others, saying "It's ACA, not Obamacare."

Then the same douches turn around an say "Stupid Reagan and his stupid Star Wars".

When in fact the actual terms (abbreviated) would be ACA and SDI.

Do I call the ACA Obamacare, hell yes.

Do I know that's just a nickname, hell yes.

*pushes rope*

you're not making this easy.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191513 Dec 11, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
I searched Secular Humanism for the d*ck sucking advice you said would be there, but it turns out you were lying to me.
2 questions asked.

0 answered.

Are you getting posting lessons from Catcher1?

Location hidden

#191514 Dec 11, 2013
The FBI testified that they used only non-pyrotechnic gas rounds - which would not be capable of starting a fire or depriving inhabitants of a closed space of oxygen.

However, recovered from inside the house were U.S. Military Mark 651 CS Projectile.

It is pyrotechnic, and has a burning time of 25 to 30 seconds.

In 1998, investigators gained access to evidence storage from the Waco siege.

The Mark 651 pyrotechnic cannisters were missing.

Janet "Kid" Reno was questioned about this.

She said she was very upset.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#191515 Dec 11, 2013
Jim wrote:
Why do theists get so angry when atheists wont play pretend with them?
Insecurity.

Location hidden

#191516 Dec 11, 2013
6 Military flashbang grenades were found in 3 locations of the house.

The 3 locations were the locations of the origin of the fires that burned it.

In evidence, the flash grenades were mis-labeled as "silencers".

Fennario

#191517 Dec 11, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
Janet Reno should be in prison today for firing CS Gas into a building full of children.
I don't know what she should or could have done except to give in to them demands of terrorist Christians, but I know that the parents and the spiritual leader of those children had weeks to let them out of that compound and didn't. Based only on faith, they and they alone chose to use those children as hostages and body shields for Koresh.

And the outcome was predictable: Either the Branch Davidians would eventually relent and obey the lawful order to surrender, or they might all perish. They understood that. They had over seven weeks to do the right thing, and they refused. Blame faith, not law enforcement:

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. For good people to do evil things, it takes religion." – Nobelist Steven Weinberg

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191518 Dec 11, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
More evidence that we have no starting point from which to progress in discussion of political matters. I say that Bush used the Constitution as toilet paper:
"I don't give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I'm the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."
"Mr. President," one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."
"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!"
2007, then junior senator Obama:

“I was a constitutional law professor, which means unlike the current president I actually respect the Constitution.”

lol

Obama has unilaterally suspended enforcement of immigration law.

He has refused to prosecute drug law violators.

He simply stopped defending federal laws he didn’t like, like the Defense of Marriage Act, in court.

He issues waivers on Obamacare and the No Child Left Behind Act.

His Environmental Protection Agency has attempted to regulate carbon emissions when Congress didn’t push through a global warming bill.

He appointed members of the National Labor Relations Board in violation of law.

His administration rammed through an auto bailout that screwed bondholders, as well as a slush fund from British Petroleum.

Fennario

#191519 Dec 11, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
I agree Kennedy was cool and Reagan was a square. Reagan was witty, however. I recall an account of the time when Reagan was trying to revive the "thumbs up" gesture. He and staff had just stepped in and sat down in the presidential limo among a crowd of onlookers. Reagan flashed the thumbs up through the car window. A young guy outside gave him a finger. Reagan turned to the person seated next to him and said, "See. It's catching on".
Reagan was charismatic. I probably would have liked the man if we never discussed politics.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191520 Dec 11, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
Insecurity.
No, Catcher isn't here...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 10 min the truth is the ... 5,218
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min THE DEVIL 1,216,597
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Bruin Nation 29,515
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr cpeter1313 309,598
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 16 ocean 201,862
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 14 tom wingo 73
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Apr 13 Da King 777
More from around the web