Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#191366 Dec 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Off to the gym.
And not a moment too soon.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#191367 Dec 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Automation turned restaurant workers into factory workers. Glorified automats. That lack of tips hurt badly, and you are right about it being subsidized by the government. I posted a link with the numbers, I think it was yesterday morning.
But the automation did reduce the spitting in the food.
Depends where you eat. You enjoy McBurgers and ChickenDonalds then expect to be served and treated by an automaton but to be honest you canít really call places like that restaurants

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#191368 Dec 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You misunderstand.

Take care of the needy, absolutely.

Don't take care of the irresponsible fuckups.
Hard not to misunderstand when you seem to generalise all single parents into one category, ie: booty call.

Not the first time I've read you write something to that effect, not to mention the automatic assumption that only women are responsible for getting pregnant.

#191369 Dec 11, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Shrewd move. Brought down the iron curtain. Freed millions of people. Not a shot fired.
Not bad for a B-movie cowboy.
So you ignore Perestroika, Polish labour unions, the soviet war in Afghanistan, the peoples coup in Bulgaria, the protest in Czechoslovakia, the coup in Romania and reform in Albania

And instead say Reagan dun it all by himself

Hows about David Hasselhoff, I heard he was nearby and too credit for bringing down the wall?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#191370 Dec 11, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If my memory serves, didn't Don say these things after Reagan fired him?
But I'm sure his accounts are gospel.
Reagan fired air traffic controllers, as he should have, because they broke the law, and their contract, by going out on an illegal strike.
He warned them beforehand he would fire them if they did it.
They called his bluff. It didn't work out for them.
Planes still stayed in the air.
You're scraping the bottom of the barrel, Dave.
I predicted you would get to the astrologer when you ran out of anything else.
Reagan was not the American hero you would like to believe.

I know you are a very idealistic youngster, but you also have a strong and rational mind when you apply it. Here is a project for you, which will be difficult to get the real info.

Follow the money.

See whose pockets that military and other high expenditures that resulted in that HUGE increase in national debt went. I will suggest with some confidence they were in the crowd Ronnie ran with.

This should give you an idea of some of them.

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-05-14/busine...

Those are just the home bases for some of those corporations. They had affiliated operations in other states.

Most of the rest will be in the financial industry.

Your idol was fashioned of slime.

#191371 Dec 11, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's a good point. I might wish everyone a Merry Yule this year.
Or Io Saturnalia

Westcliffe, CO

#191372 Dec 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be surprised
I like your new headline. I can identify with that.

Not too much really surprises me, lovey. I've been devirginized too many times.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#191373 Dec 11, 2013
Funny. I don't know why Buck is so scared of infinity in the real world. Maybe Reagan had an irrational fear of infinity or something.

Did you see the Hawking documentary last weekend?

"There ought to be something very special about the boundary conditions of the universe and what can be more special than that there is no boundary?"
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Infinity is a quite a subject for sure and add a doughnut and he will never recover

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#191374 Dec 11, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
What Christine's kids celebrate is another year where someone didn't hold her under water in the bathtub till the bubbles stopped.
Christinalia?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191375 Dec 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Off to the gym.
Thanks for the update.

All morning, I was like "I wonder when Catcher is off to the gym...?"

Now my mind is at ease.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191376 Dec 11, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
Dope dealers driving Mercedes spend lots of food stamsps.
They have no "reported income", since their dope business is in cash. So they qualify for your tax money.
Don't ask me how I know this.
YUP!

Meanwhile, they knock up a few dozen crack whores, don't take any responsibility for them, neither does the "single mother", and we have to foot the bill for their lack of good judgment and lack of responsibility.

And the libs all pat themselves on the back thinking they're helping the needy...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#191377 Dec 11, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard not to misunderstand when you seem to generalise all single parents into one category, ie: booty call.
Not the first time I've read you write something to that effect, not to mention the automatic assumption that only women are responsible for getting pregnant.
You took it as a generalization.

Why?

I have no respect for two people that perform the miracle of ejaculating semen into a waiting and eager vagina.

Especially when those two aren't even a couple.

Especially when neither can support a the cost of having a child.

It used to be:

"Well, Suzy & Timmy... You done messed up, you're gonna have a baby. Tim, time to drop out of school and go get your ass a job. Suzy, you too. You have to be able to support yourselves."

Now it's:

"OMG Suzy!!! You're having a baaaaaa-aaaaby! Congratulations!!! You better get to the Welfare office soon, it takes a while for the benefits to kick in."

O__O

Location hidden

#191378 Dec 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Janet Reno was a hatchetwoman for the politicians that kept her in office. That is all she did in Miami. I don't think a lot of her.
There should have been some heads rolling on the ground for those incidents.
George junior showed much more class on dealing with political enemies and and government groups. That Ed Brown and his wife and anti-tax nuts were holed up in a fortified bunker, vowed to not be taken alive, and had supporters coming and going. Patience and a low profile let a US Marshal enter and arrest them without incident.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_and_Elain...
The Waco incident happened because ATF was up for funding review.

They planned a raid for the optics, then it all blew up.

They could have picked up Koresh anytime they wanted buying beef jerky at the store.

Video tape of the raid shows rounds being shot into the compound while the tank cannons were firing CS Gas cannisters into the tinderbox of a building.

FBI supervisor at Waco, Richard Schwein:

"No FBI agent fired any rounds from their weapons at Waco."

Infrared video shows otherwise.

Location hidden

#191379 Dec 11, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Funny. I don't know why Buck is so scared of infinity in the real world. Maybe Reagan had an irrational fear of infinity or something.
"There ought to be something very special about the boundary conditions of the universe and what can be more special than that there is no boundary?"
<quoted text>
So what?

You are a moron.

Westcliffe, CO

#191380 Dec 11, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes that BB even more magical, doesn't it?

Constant expansion into a void from a tiny spot within the void.

Location hidden

#191381 Dec 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Or Io Saturnalia
Hope you have a Merry Genitalia.

#191382 Dec 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Though not perfect, the US has the only viable anti ballistic missile defense systems in the world.
We also have the stealthest warplanes ever devised.
Though we are only a hair ahead in these systems, we do have the edge, in both stealth and numbers. We in short, are unmatched by any foreign power.
Not decrying the technological advantage the US has (I mentioned it in an earlier post) however Germany did pretty well at hitting London (and other targets) with V1 and V2 missiles in without all the technology

This is also true about the stealthiest war planes, I think is was a Chilean air show where a stealth fighter failed to show up, people photographed and stared at the empty stand extolling the virtues of the faultless camouflage. Also note that although stealth planes do not leave a typical signature on conventional radar their progress (if not the plane itself) can be seen with weather radar

Yes technologically you have the edge, all you need now is the skill to use operate them.(sorry but the average US grunt is not known for thinking ability)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#191383 Dec 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, your burger would cost an additional $1.00.

So would milk, bread, cereal, chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, bottled water, etc.

Everything that is dependabt on a cheap labor force would see an increase in price.

So where would that leave the new minimum wage worker?

Just as broke and just as dependent.

Ever been to Popeye's? They have this delicious bucket of chicken for $8.99. Increase the minimum wage and that same bucket of chicken will likely rise to $10.99.

The minimum wage person doesn't get to pay the old $8.99.

Capisce?
If the minimum wage went up a buck, the corporations would raise the product a buck and a half and pocket even more profits.

In the short term, anyway.

Sucker.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#191384 Dec 11, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Dope dealers driving Mercedes spend lots of food stamsps.

They have no "reported income", since their dope business is in cash. So they qualify for your tax money.

Don't ask me how I know this.
Just one more reason to legalize drugs.

Thank you.

Location hidden

#191385 Dec 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan was not the American hero you would like to believe.
I know you are a very idealistic youngster, but you also have a strong and rational mind when you apply it. Here is a project for you, which will be difficult to get the real info.
Follow the money.
See whose pockets that military and other high expenditures that resulted in that HUGE increase in national debt went. I will suggest with some confidence they were in the crowd Ronnie ran with.
This should give you an idea of some of them.
http://articles.latimes.com/1993-05-14/busine...
Those are just the home bases for some of those corporations. They had affiliated operations in other states.
Most of the rest will be in the financial industry.
Your idol was fashioned of slime.
Peace and economic prosperity.

We need more 'scandals' like that.

Your dislike of Reagan is nothing but personal animus, Dave.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 3 min IBdaMann 4,099
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min shinningelectr0n 1,189,788
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 29,057
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr CD is a fraud 308,906
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Big D 201,361
Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Thu mike tirico 68
Patsos tries to steam, not boil over (Nov '08) Thu stewart scott 4
More from around the web