Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 9,176)

Showing posts 183,501 - 183,520 of217,179
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just when I was feeling depressed, you give me some hope.
You forgot to mention the new rules for Senate confirmation of judicial appointments!
Will come in handy when Attila and his crew gets elected. Unless your crowd can pull a coup first. Which won't go far.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of possible candidates for president in 2016, who would be your preference?
Name(s) only, please.
Cruz.

But he can't win.

Did you know Cruz has argued 9 cases before the U.S. Supreme Court? Has a debating medal from Princeton?

But he can't be as smart as Harry Reid, huh?

If Reagan were coming onto the scene now, he couldn't get the nomination.

That's how far left we've moved.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Buck doesn't even get infinity. He just posts stuff about Hilbert without understanding it all.
<quoted text>
I understand when Hilbert says there's no such thing.

Which of those words do you have trouble with?

Nothing infinite exists in reality, furthermore, it is impossible for it to exist.

I understand that.

Is there anything you understand?

Do you know how to wipe your ass?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Even so, this system is a result of Reagan's move into missile defense and work on SDI.
Missile Defense Agency, U.S. Department of Defense:
"More than 25 years ago, President Ronald Reagan challenged the U.S. scientific community to develop antiballistic missile technologies that would improve our national security and reduce our reliance on nuclear weapons. Today, the Missile Defense Agency, or MDA, is answering that challenge. The MDA has fielded an initial capability to protect the U.S and our allies against limited ballistic missile attack. The Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) is becoming more integrated, robust, and global every day."
SDI was also a driving force in the technology for space sensors, space communications, and other areas important to the armed forces.
Some successful testing of SDI was done, but the system succumbed to funding concerns.
That had been a developing technology since long before. The ABM treaty sought limits on it, officially. Reagan abrogated the treaty, thus starting a new arms race. It violated the MAD doctrine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Ballistic_M...

You may have noticed Russia has been quite competent in their rockets and space endeavors for quite some time. We rely on them now. Nice and steady versus some grandstanding on our part. Nice that push didn't come to shove.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes, as taxpayers, we subsidize the income of fast-food workers instead of insisting employers pay them a living wage and pass it on to the consumer ..
.. if you go to a dine-in restaurant and order a burger, you probably tip the server. Yes,(s)he's making minimum wage but when you add gratuity, you're paying the true price ..
.. to reduce product cost, fast-food restaurants do not factor in the true value of service. This business model generates profit and demeans the worth of an employee. If anything, it is the ultimate elitist attitude ..
.. if fast-food restaurants paid their employees a livable wage, your burger would cost an additional $1.00. Instead, workers must depend on government handouts to survive ..
.. for me, the picture is wrong. Along with demeaning the value of service people by forcing them to apply for charity, it places an unnecessary tax burden on everyone ..
.. who benefits? The person who likes Big Macs and is too lazy to cook a nutritional meal? How about the restaurant owner? Can't you see anything wrong with the picture ??..
Yes, what I see wrong is your analysis.

Fast food workers earning minimum wage are mostly just entering the workforce and working part time.

If you raise the minimum wage, you will eliminate a percentage of their jobs. Then they will be more reliant on government.

They must have wanted the jobs, since they applied and took them.

A high percentage of McDonalds managers began in part-time, minimum wage jobs.

How taxpayers are forced to deal with this is not done by the McDonalds management or the market. The subsidizing is created by the government.

These employees are better off having this minimum wage job than not having it, and so are the taxpayers.

Utopian economics has been tried over and over. The results are not promising.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes, as taxpayers, we subsidize the income of fast-food workers instead of insisting employers pay them a living wage and pass it on to the consumer ..
.. if you go to a dine-in restaurant and order a burger, you probably tip the server. Yes,(s)he's making minimum wage but when you add gratuity, you're paying the true price ..
.. to reduce product cost, fast-food restaurants do not factor in the true value of service. This business model generates profit and demeans the worth of an employee. If anything, it is the ultimate elitist attitude ..
.. if fast-food restaurants paid their employees a livable wage, your burger would cost an additional $1.00. Instead, workers must depend on government handouts to survive ..
.. for me, the picture is wrong. Along with demeaning the value of service people by forcing them to apply for charity, it places an unnecessary tax burden on everyone ..
.. who benefits? The person who likes Big Macs and is too lazy to cook a nutritional meal? How about the restaurant owner? Can't you see anything wrong with the picture ??..
Automation turned restaurant workers into factory workers. Glorified automats. That lack of tips hurt badly, and you are right about it being subsidized by the government. I posted a link with the numbers, I think it was yesterday morning.

But the automation did reduce the spitting in the food.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
poppycock. The average Mc donalds brings in $40 thousand a day and more in some busier ones. The payroll is cheap because you don't need much skill and there are plenty of proletariats who don't aim higher , waiting to apply. They could double the wage and have only a small impact on profit. Some small businesses have such small margins that a min. wage hike would affect them,

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Federal_...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Russ...

The Soviets and Russians are no slouches in the science and technology arena. It is a very good thing we never got into a serious slug fest with them. We actually could have lost.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father_of_all_bo...

Non-nuclear.

Can also seriously ruin one's day, canceling or postponing indefinitely any plans made.
Thinking

Chard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Sorry about the Nene engines...
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R ussian_Federal_Space_Agency
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Russ...
The Soviets and Russians are no slouches in the science and technology arena. It is a very good thing we never got into a serious slug fest with them. We actually could have lost.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
Dave is very smart.
Yeah, he told me. Or something like that.
Waitwut

Skei, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Divine Alien wrote:
When we leave this world, we are going back to God himself.
And you know this... how?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, what I see wrong is your analysis.
Fast food workers earning minimum wage are mostly just entering the workforce and working part time.
If you raise the minimum wage, you will eliminate a percentage of their jobs. Then they will be more reliant on government.
They must have wanted the jobs, since they applied and took them.
A high percentage of McDonalds managers began in part-time, minimum wage jobs.
How taxpayers are forced to deal with this is not done by the McDonalds management or the market. The subsidizing is created by the government.
These employees are better off having this minimum wage job than not having it, and so are the taxpayers.
Utopian economics has been tried over and over. The results are not promising.
.. you are impossible ..

.. no, fast food workers earning minimum wage are not mostly just entering the workforce and working part time because it's no longer an entry-level job ..

.. step into the real world where you see 35 & 45-year-old people flipping burgers at McDonald's because the economy made a wrong turn ..

.. your entire script demands people work below the poverty level, be grateful for a job and depend on a welfare system that can no longer sustain them ..

.. herd the cattle into the barn ..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That had been a developing technology since long before. The ABM treaty sought limits on it, officially. Reagan abrogated the treaty, thus starting a new arms race. It violated the MAD doctrine.
You may have noticed Russia has been quite competent in their rockets and space endeavors for quite some time. We rely on them now. Nice and steady versus some grandstanding on our part. Nice that push didn't come to shove.
Shrewd move. Brought down the iron curtain. Freed millions of people. Not a shot fired.

Not bad for a B-movie cowboy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you are impossible ..
.. no, fast food workers earning minimum wage are not mostly just entering the workforce and working part time because it's no longer an entry-level job ..
.. step into the real world where you see 35 & 45-year-old people flipping burgers at McDonald's because the economy made a wrong turn ..
.. your entire script demands people work below the poverty level, be grateful for a job and depend on a welfare system that can no longer sustain them ..
I don't have a script, and I don't demand anybody work anywhere.

Freedom and opportunity is what I like.

No equality of outcome can be enforced without impoverishing everyone.

When I popped out, nobody came around with a spare tit.

(Stole that from Jimmy Stewart, "Shenandoah")

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> poppycock. The average Mc donalds brings in $40 thousand a day and more in some busier ones. The payroll is cheap because you don't need much skill and there are plenty of proletariats who don't aim higher , waiting to apply. They could double the wage and have only a small impact on profit. Some small businesses have such small margins that a min. wage hike would affect them,
.. yes, a McDonald's franchise can afford to pay their employees a decent wage but they won't ..

.. and, they will not increase their price because business might take a nosedive ..

.. so, it all boils down to greed, doesn't it ??..
Thinking

Chard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Buck's wish for a status quo is not sustainable.
US tax revenues need to come up, wage inflation is not always harmful.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you are impossible ..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes, a McDonald's franchise can afford to pay their employees a decent wage but they won't ..
.. and, they will not increase their price because business might take a nosedive ..
.. so, it all boils down to greed, doesn't it ??..
Businesses don't start for the hope of being charities.

If the employees had a marketable value higher than what McDonalds is paying, they would not be there.

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a script, and I don't demand anybody work anywhere.
Freedom and opportunity is what I like.
No equality of outcome can be enforced without impoverishing everyone.
When I popped out, nobody came around with a spare tit.
(Stole that from Jimmy Stewart, "Shenandoah")
.. it isn't about everything you want ..

.. I don't want to subsidize fast-food restaurants that make untold profits then tax me because they are creating jobs below the poverty line ..

.. this type of business model is creating slaves dependent on their masters and robbing people of their dignity ..

.. these are just a few of the reasons I do not patronize fast-food restaurants ..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh. It's not like it's rocket science or something.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 183,501 - 183,520 of217,179
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Jesus Christ 1,034,499
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 min ChickBrilliance 303,239
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 26,095
Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... 12 hr bruno piretti 1
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr 14 Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Apr 14 Bryan Cranston 81
Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr 12 maryann 19
•••
•••