Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 9,156)

Showing posts 183,101 - 183,120 of223,948
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
How much do you think Bill Gates would have made if he had been born and educated in Cameroon? Forget that he would likely have be hypoliterate and had no access to computers. Suppose he overcame that, and then tried to develop and market his product in that infrastructure and economy? Do you still think that the American people are not entitled to even a percent of the profits from that success?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Bill Gates' fortune is his own. The American people aren't "entitled" to his earnings in no way, shape or form. Even the promotion of the idea seem ludicrous to me.
As I told Buck, reading this stuff is very disheartening. You are saying exactly what the very wealthy would want you to say. Do you think that that is a coincidence?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
You've been commercialized also?
Nah. We have a DVR/PVR. We skip over them.

;)

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
I was a full grown adult that lived and suffered through the Reagan years. He was frontman for an evil cabal. Remember the Iran hostages? There was talk of a deal being reached and them coming home. Then members of the then RNC went to Iran and they stayed until Reagan was inaugurated. I read about that back then.
You're sounding like a lefty now, Dave. That was the original October surprise. Here are a few more bits of the Reagan legacy, which I suspect will outrage Buck to see rehashed:

• "Voodoo (supply side) Economics"
• ketchup-is-a-vegetable
• demonization of "liberals"
• demonization of "welfare mothers"
• IRAN-CONTRA
• Giving sanctuary to Ferdinand Marcos
• The infamous School of the Americas and death squads in El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala and Nicaragua
• Tax cuts for the rich
• Budget cuts for education, the arts, and welfare
• Selling WMD to Iraq and Iran and Propping up and financing Saddam Hussein
• Propping up and financing the Afghan Mujahadeen, which later evolved into the Taliban and Al Qaeda
• Support to the apartheid in S.Africa
• allowing AIDS to become an epidemic by avoiding the issue
• Saving & Loans scandals
• Squashing unions
• Highest number of officials charged of crimes of any administration in the history of the US.(By the end of his term, 138 Reagan administration officials had been convicted, had been indicted, or had been the subject of official investigations for official misconduct and/or criminal violations. In terms of number of officials involved, the record of his administration was the worst ever.)
• James Watt, Oliver North, Elliott Abrams and Manuel Noriega

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
That's slavery, Dave. Reagan was the best president of the 20th century, and the last good president we had, or will have, until things get a lot worse. If you want me to dig into that argument with you, we can, and you will lose. One of us knows what he's talking about here.
Is that any way to talk to the second smartest poster on the thread?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
" It aint necessarily so wrote: What marketing? It's all word of mouth from user to interested nonuser. Illicit drugs aren't pushed by vendors. They're pulled by consumers. People have to ask other people who and where to go to to get the drugs. Dave Nelson wrote: That is marketing, IANS." "OK. I thought that you were talking about actively promoting your product." Your drug use has ossified your brain, IANS. Ever hear the term drug "pusher"? Ever have a pharma rep show you a new drug? Your telling a friend about a new drug to get high on? That's called marketing. Some tie in to advertising or something like that makes it marketing. You don't know something exists until someone "informs" you it does. You get upset about religions doing that, but not drug dealers. Amusing. You started too young. It is all you know. Rope a dope with dope. They gotcha.
You seem irritable, Dave. Are you down to sifting through your ashtrays for butts again? Hang in there. It's almost check day.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Bongo wrote:
The govt. is the people

Where have YOU been?
Bongo wrote:
what do you think of kingdoms as a method of govt.?
I'm not too keen on the idea of kings as absolute monarchs.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
I prefer small, hairy piniform shapes to loose and brown ones every time.
Thank you for sharing, Buck.

I'm not sure if your are referring to sex, taking a dump, or the two in combination, but whatever it is, it is off putting.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

susanblange wrote:
The Messiah will legalize most and control drugs. She will have a monopoly on the market of these drugs and will empty the prisons of drug offenders.
That should be interesting.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

I think you've misidentified the parasite. Countries that don't have the huge expenditures on debt interest and the military that America does handle those cost and many more just fine, and still have enough left to provide an infrastructure and underwrite constructive programs. Have you seriously considered these arguments? You seemed to have ignored my last post and returned to the corporatists' argument. Have you ever noticed that they never bring up costs when discussing the expenditures that benefit them? They don't need help with disability, groceries or health insurance, and they couldn't care less about people that do, so they teach people to share their contempt for these kinds of expenditures. If they were concerned about America and its budget, they would not take the positions that they do ONLY on expenditures that help people other than themselves. What would it take to make you see that if it were true? What do you see that makes you think that it is not? Why do you trust the people that promote that message?
Buck Crick wrote:
I have no problem with cutting foreign aid, or hell, zero it out as far as I'm concerned.
I made no mention of foreign aid.
Buck Crick wrote:
That is a separate argument from the problem of 50 percent of citizens living off the work of the other 50 percent.
I don't think you've characterized the social safety net properly, but apart from that, can you show me where it is a problem for America, or an inappropriate way for government to function?
Buck Crick wrote:
And concerning the politicians, these expenditures DO benefit them. They buy votes.
Perhaps. Is that an issue?
Buck Crick wrote:
Why do you think Obama and democrats constantly exploit class envy, and try to divide the nation? Right now, as we speak, he is on a campaign tour on "income disparity" and raising the minimum wage. These payouts are a way for liberals to pit their base against the imagined foes who want to take away their benefits. It is a tactic for growing that base. Sign up for Medicaid through Obamacare, and by the way, "Are you registered to vote?"
Our thinking and shared assumptions are so far apart on this issue that we really can't communicate at all.

Incidentally, class warfare is real, and the war is over. You and I lost. Now it's just a matter of retooling the nation and collecting the wealth from the middle class.

You seem to have ignored my entire post.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Actually the demand for higher wages is exactly what has driven everything over seas. The unions and such have destroyed our ability to compete with the rest of the world. This has forced us to the building only the ultra expensive things where price is no object.
We are very good at that, if you need war planes, attack helicopters, small arms, munitions, tanks or bombs.
Can I interest you in a flying electric cannon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
And again, corporate greed is why they send jobs overseas instead of paying a decent wage to Americans.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
That's your 1st Amendment.
It was. I'm with Buck on the Constitution. I lost faith (secular sense) in that government and its promises long ago. I stopped trusting them to protect the First Amendment about a decade ago in the rush to war with Iraq, when war protesters were sequestered in Orwellian free speech zones, harassed there with profiling, brutalizing, and arrests, all with hardly a whimper of protest from the nation. In fact, the right seemed to love it.

The letters don't jump up off the page and enforce themselves. There has to be the will to do that in all cases, or it's a meaningless promise.

Anyway, it's water under the bridge for me now.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>The union can help in cases of workplace bullying. I know all about that one.
I'm still waiting to see if my union has helped me on that one.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Back to you for more education, Christine.
I heard that England still has a queen.
Tell me, do you Englanders ever consider changing to a more democratic form of government?
Thank you in atvance.
Yes it’s considered quite regularly and each time the polls tend in favour of the status quo. In fact recently (so I am told) confidence in the British monarchy is at an ‘all’ time high, however I believe that’s just human sentiment over the birth of a baby.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good GAWD...
Whassup, too ashamed to blame god?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that how it goes?
Thanks, dude.
Glad to have been of assistance, give it a try you may find you circle of friend will get that little bit closer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Chrissy will never get the humour....
Oh I got the attempt, however it just highlighted the ignorance of some people, which at least buck 'appears' glad to have been enlightened.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
"The kids"...
Well geez thanks a bunch.
I didn't know "the kids" celebrated Saturnalia.
There is such a lot you don’t know about if it’s not in the babble

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Your post is quite depressing to me. I have lost hope for America. Whatever it is that generates so many people that think like you will have an easier time of it in the future. The American people are easy to indoctrinate.
With all due respect, I simply am not interested in living under the influence of so powerful a government alongside tens of millions of people that can be so easily co-opted to serve the bosses against my (and their own) interests. I expect to see the American middle and lower middle classes further degraded by the haves with people like you assisting them.
And I see that you're still ensconced in the Democrat versus Republican mode of thought.
You have a fundamental misconception - nobody is being degraded by the "haves".

You have succumbed to the class-envy/fake compassion tactics of the left, and are now its servant.

Liberal progressives in politics have fostered a 100 year war on America, and its result is near. They have fulfilled what the Declaration of Independence condemned:

“sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance”

"A political philosophy that masquerades as compassion and the alleviation of misery instead results in its prolongation, the better to create a permanent underclass of dependent voters (Tammany Hall developed the template more than a century ago), and the modern GOP establishment has signally failed to point that out".

-Michael Walsh, National Review

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm all for everybody making a living wage but it's not an entitlement or a guarantee. A living wage doesn't come from Union bullying. It doesn't work that way anymore and one needs only to look at Detroit to see that. When the business is prosperous the employees should benefit from that. When it's not, the employees must sacrifice like the rest of the business. If I'm not profitable, I can't keep paying you. Businesses have investors that must be paid. I have to stay profitable or what's the point?
I'm amazed. Your post is sensible.

I will be a quibberdick on your use of "living wage".

It means nothing, and is a fraudulent, contrived, silly term which serves the left as a catch-phrase-substitute for an actual argument.

Otherwise, well said.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I got the attempt, however it just highlighted the ignorance of some people, which at least buck 'appears' glad to have been enlightened.
Yes, I am truly grateful for your tutoring me.

In particular, thank you for explaining how E=mc^2 proves Al Capone kidnapped baby Lindberg.

I would have never gotten that one on my own.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 183,101 - 183,120 of223,948
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min USAsince1680 1,077,896
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 29 min FLORIDA SWAMPER 26,640
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr All about perspective 305,061
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Sun Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Sun Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 15 AnnCarter 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••