Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255500 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#190584 Dec 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Huh? They have laced it with everything to sell it as kickass pot, read higher price, for decades.
"Huh?" is right.

All you offer are your opinions with no citations credible or otherwise to support them, and you don't come off as an impartial or knowledgeable source of information in this area.

Fennario

#190585 Dec 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
We should be taking zero from the 1%. That's the point. Earn your fair share, the American way.
I wonder who promoted that idea to you.

How much do you think Bill Gates would have made if he had been born and educated in Cameroon? Forget that he would likely have be hypoliterate and had no access to computers. Suppose he overcame that, and then tried to develop and market his product in that infrastructure and economy? Do you still think that the American people are not entitled to even a percent of the profits from that success?

Fennario

#190586 Dec 8, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
Here ye, Here ye, Here ye. In honor of the free speech you atheist are granted in these wonderful countries. You should do one of two deeds. 1. Migrate to an atheist ran country, such as North Korea, Russia, China, Cuba, or any other nation that bands religious speech and behavior or 2. Lobby for your ilk to have a Christian/Catholic appreciation day. Now proceed in your backwards babbling.
You are ridiculous.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#190587 Dec 8, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>You are ridiculous.
You are too kind. I like this thread though. More civilised.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#190588 Dec 8, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're stealing my stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =r4yWcFsItN0XX
"My feel for you boy is decaying in front of me
Like the carrion of a murdered prey.
And all I want is to save you, honey
or the strength to walk away." ~ Fiona Apple
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

- Charles Caleb Colton

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#190590 Dec 8, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus isn't needed for Christmas; we can enjoy it perfectly well without him.
For those that can't enjoy Christmas without Jesus.....well, perhaps you're out of touch.
When it comes to being altruistic, there's definitely no requirement for Jesus. However, people who need Jesus to be altruistic are, quite possibly, dicks.
Hi Khatru. Even without religion, we can still have the old:

Peace on Earth
Goodwill towards men

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#190591 Dec 8, 2013
<quoted text>
You've got it backwards. In fact, people that smoke only pot not only don't get lung disease, from "Study: Smoking Marijuana Not Linked with Lung Damage" at http://healthland.time.com/2012/01/10/study-s... , "Marijuana smokers performed better on tests of lung function compared to nonsmokers and cigarette smokers"
<quoted text>
Then perhaps you should stop looking down your nose at what you disparingly call "druggies." I've told you before that you're trusting the wrong people. You've bought into their self-serving paradigm, which profits from criminalizing pot and pushing tobacco. The carnage from each is staggering.
We really, really, RE
The only real gripe I have with pot is that it's usually in a mix with tobacco. After smoking this for years, you are addicted to cigarettes.

Well, that's what I found when I tried to quit.

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#190592 Dec 8, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that marginally beats the majority of Aussie guys who stare for hours, then when really drunk and reeking of beer, stumble over and say "wanna root?"
Gross.
Yeah that's true. LOLOLOLOL!

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#190593 Dec 8, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>The only real gripe I have with pot is that it's usually in a mix with tobacco. After smoking this for years, you are addicted to cigarettes.

Well, that's what I found when I tried to quit.
Hardly a pot gripe, you don't have to have spinner.

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#190594 Dec 8, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I managed to blow a hole through a polycarbonate roof panel on a side building with my last lot of fireworks. Oops.
<quoted text>
We used to tie them to the handle of the clothes line, when I was a kid.

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#190595 Dec 8, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently, it's easier to quit heroin than cigarettes and here they send the smack addicts to methadone clinics.
Smokers are paying for Australia's deficit.
It's quite a mess.
Yeah, so they'll put another tax on it soon. Governments!

*rolls eyes*

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#190596 Dec 8, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah that's true. LOLOLOLOL!
I know right? It's like they're scared or something, yikes.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#190598 Dec 8, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, so they'll put another tax on it soon. Governments!

*rolls eyes*
Done already, prices are going to be going up again, twice in the next six months.

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#190599 Dec 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm divided on it. The libertarian in me says that all illicit drugs should be decriminalized. I'd like to put that to the test and see how it works before I give it my firm endorsement. If the carnage is minimal, I'd prefer it to this cruel, unjust, and devastating War on Drugs, which probably causes much more damage than a more permissive policy.
I am considering alcohol prohibition as its subsequent reversal now. The damage done by prohibition far outweighed the damage done by whatever little alcoholism it prevented.
If they did that, it would either be a complete Wild Wild West with everyone dealing and using. Or else there would be plenty who didn't and life would go on the same.

To make something illegal or forbidden is to glamourize it.

They still do have prohibition of alcohol in some Middle Eastern countries.

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#190600 Dec 8, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too kind. I like this thread though. More civilised.
I wonder if that's because there are not so many holy trollers. That Viking was a real joke, I certainly laughed at him.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#190601 Dec 8, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Khatru. Even without religion, we can still have the old:
Peace on Earth
Goodwill towards men
Hi Rosa

Yes, they're good words and as a message they certainly aren't limited to any one religion.

All we now require is to settle down and put some Hunters and Collectors on.:-)

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#190602 Dec 8, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly a pot gripe, you don't have to have spinner.
I wish I'd known back then.

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#190603 Dec 8, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Done already, prices are going to be going up again, twice in the next six months.
*rolls eyes again*

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#190604 Dec 8, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>I wish I'd known back then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4WwXNZn_3w0XX
Lol.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#190605 Dec 8, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>*rolls eyes again*
At least some pollies are pushing for legalisation of mj.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 7 min Earthling-1 9,801
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 34 min Brian_G 311,325
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr Yeah 1,394,707
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 18 hr Bruin For Life 32,288
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 13 Dump Trump 201,862
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web