Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255551 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#190133 Dec 6, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have a problem driving through the Atlantic puddle but it may be worth a try. Feel free to experiment and learn.
I believe I now exactly how much you appreciate it.
Back to you for more education, Christine.

I heard that England still has a queen.

Tell me, do you Englanders ever consider changing to a more democratic form of government?

Thank you in atvance.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#190134 Dec 6, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Ft. Gordon?
Were you in the Signal Corps?
I spent some time near Ft. Benning.
Those boys could get some good dope.
Airborne jumpers thought they were tough. Mopped up a few bars with them.
Yep. Signal Corps. We were the wimps and nerds. The Sissy Corps. Orange scarves.

Started out at Ft. Monmouth in NJ. Been stationed or TDY at several places.

The best NCO club for class and women was at Ft. Knox, KY. Those armor boys had some class. They had some good women, too. I loved that place.

Location hidden

#190135 Dec 6, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are learning. There is the will and intelligence to succeed there, I think you are let down by you peers though, you will never learn anything while hanging around with RR and dave.
"LuciFerr"]<quote d text>

That's appalling. I have no words.

Easy, Lucy. Christine is trying to help me.

Location hidden

#190136 Dec 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Signal Corps. We were the wimps and nerds. The Sissy Corps. Orange scarves.
Started out at Ft. Monmouth in NJ. Been stationed or TDY at several places.
The best NCO club for class and women was at Ft. Knox, KY. Those armor boys had some class. They had some good women, too. I loved that place.
I lived for a while about 10 miles from Ft. Knox.

Rineyville, Ky.

If you had exited the gate and turned left, you could have run right into ole' Buck.

I got in a fight on the base once. MPs let me go.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#190137 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Does anyone still celebrate Saturnalia?
LuciFerr wrote:
Ya, it's called 'christmas' now. Here's a little info on how they used to do it before the catholics made up new gods and combined the stories to 'trick' the pagans.
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/~grout/encyclopa...
No.

Christmas is called "Christmas".

Saturnalia was called "Saturnalia".

I'm wondering if anyone still celebrates Saturnalia.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190138 Dec 6, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you claimed your gun sight was faulty as the reason you missed, I realise you find pointing your gun at people and saying bang…‘OH I missed because of these pesky sights are faulty’ is fooking hilarious redneck fun however I don’t really think the relatives of victims of gun crime think your sense of humour is anything more than the result of a sick mind.
Honey we don’t have as many pissed up rednecks packing guns with faulty sights in the UK, thank fook, we have enough problems with pissed of morons without guns.
Oh good GAWD...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190139 Dec 6, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that prejudice? Here are some sample definitions
• an unfair feeling of dislike for a person or group because of race, sex, religion, etc.
• a feeling of like or dislike for someone or something especially when it is not reasonable or logical
• preconceived judgment or opinion
• an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge
Feel free to supply any other definitions you can find that you like better.
Then ´please answer me this: In what sense is calling the bible myth and magic after decades of life experience prejudice?
Oh, no. You're definition fits just fine:

"an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge"

Thanks for your help!

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#190140 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But believing in God a also has it's consequences.
Everything we do or believe in has it's consequences.
We were discussing my views on Hell and how those views were brought to the attention of my boys. I've never used the "fire and brimstone" scary stuff with them about Hell. They've learned very, very little of it from me, they've found their own way, just as I have.
Just as you have.
.. it seems your ego defense mechanisms are in high gear ..

.. are you justifying the continued teaching of the hell concept or your ego ??..

.. as long as no harm is done, it's nobody's business how you raise your children. When you understand that, the need to defend your style of parenting will vanish ..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190141 Dec 6, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell the dead people?
They can't hear it.
You're forgetting the magic of British hearing.

Rocky Ford, CO

#190142 Dec 6, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived for a while about 10 miles from Ft. Knox.
Rineyville, Ky.
If you had exited the gate and turned left, you could have run right into ole' Buck.
I got in a fight on the base once. MPs let me go.
I went to Lexington a couple of times and I think it was Elizabethtown? But the NCO club was the only place to drink for a good ways, and it was outside the gate. Dry counties. Very convenient for the soldiers.

Danced with the woman of my dreams there one night. Beautiful thin blackhaired beauty you only find in Kentucky. She was recently widowed and a couple of her friends took her out. We had an enchanted evening dancing, we were really hitting it off, and then she was gone. Never saw her again. That was really one of those mystical experiences.

Had a seriously beautiful Korean waitress in the club propose to me one night. I think she was desperate to get married for some reason. Unfortunately I was already married.

Kentucky women have always had a special fascination for me. Like they are all Loretta Lynn. She is my absolute ideal woman. Looks and personality.

But I had to settle for a Japanese and Arkansas girl to marry. And a few others since.

Now, I could easily have fallen in love with Emmy Lou Harris, too.
Me Myself and I

Abington, PA

#190143 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
They just renamed Saturnalia to Christmas.
You have this insane idea that changing the name of something changes what it is.
Feel free to call a skunk a cat.$1000 bucks says you will still get sprayed.

Rocky Ford, CO

#190144 Dec 6, 2013
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/05/health/youn...

heh heh

Smoking pot can give you man boobs.

That's a new one.

Location hidden

#190146 Dec 6, 2013
"LuciFerr"]<quote d text>

That's appalling. I have no words.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#190147 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>RiversideRedneck wrote:

No.

Fine, be deliberately obtuse and enjoy your Saturnalia celebrations.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190148 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Saturnalia is one of many solstice holidays that has been bundled together under the name Christmas.
"Origins of Christmas Gift Giving: The Feast of Saturnalia"
http://voices.yahoo.com/origins-christmas-gif...
"Yule or Yuletide ("Yule time") is a religious festival observed by the historical Germanic peoples, later being absorbed into and equated with the Christian festival of Christmas."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule
My question remains unanswered.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#190149 Dec 6, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You having a dog requires almost no evidence as many people have dogs, but tell me yours is invisible and I'm gong to need tons of evidence.
Either something is true or not, exists or not, there are ONLY two choices. The ONLY way to determine if something is true or not, or exists or not is SCIENCE. Science is the ONLY methodology we have in making those determinations. So in answer to your question, scientific evidence is required to make something factual.
EMF detectors are engineered to capture electro-magnetic fields - using Science.

Video recorders are engineered to capture live action using mecahnical, digital, and audio components - all devised and created by Science.

Digital recorders record noise and other sounds on many frequencies. The analyzation of these sounds using computers, all originate in Science.

Like I said - you are biased and it also sounds to me, you don't know what Science includes.

Okay blacklagoon - go ahead and add more qualifiers.

You are starting to sound like a religious apologist more than an supposed Atheist.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190150 Dec 6, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Marijuana is not a drug.
Here is a list of a few actual drugs, which are addictive and have long term side effects, some of which are very damaging to the brain, some can even kill you;
Lithium (legal)
Valium (legal)
Tobacco (legal)
Prozac (legal)
Alcohol (legal)
Xanax (legal)
Zyprexa (legal)
Vicodin (legal)
Methadone (legal)
..and the list goes on.. research, you'll see.
Illegal drugs;
Cocaine
Crystal Meth
LSD
Speed
Ecstasy
Heroin
There are more of those as well.
Marijuana is a natural plant, used by our less brain damaged ancestors as medicine, is not addictive, manages pain well and does not kill amongst other things. Hemp is also a great resource that if utilised would save trees and thus, oxygen.
As for children, one was cured of Leukaemia a few months ago, with the use of liquid THC.
Many are opting for Marijuana over Chemotherapy for Cancer as well and much to the chagrin of mind numbed sheep, it's working.
You might want to research that as well, as your hair allows of course.
Lol

Marijuana's illegal, too.

Plus it clearly qualifies as a drug, especially in the enhanced form you can get it today.

There's nothing natural about pot's THC levels anymore

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190151 Dec 6, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions of pounds of damage?
Someone must have..."weighed the damage".
Bwaha...
(slow day for humor)
Chrissy will never get the humour....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190152 Dec 6, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be worse, did your parents never teach you that it’s in through the nose and out through the mouth as opposed to your usual in trough the nose and out through the a$$
Is that how it goes?

Thanks, dude.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#190153 Dec 6, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. the kids think it’s great to have free run for a week, it teaches them a lot about responsibility while fun is had by all.
Oh.

"The kids"...

Well geez thanks a bunch.

I didn't know "the kids" celebrated Saturnalia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min ROY 1,396,378
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 6 min IB DaMann 9,888
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 hr Chosen Traveler 32,291
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 16 hr ThomasA 311,360
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 27 Barbi A 201,865
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web