Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#189894 Dec 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text><snip> What's in it for the people that buy into that?
Paradise... but you gotta die in order to collect that prize

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#189895 Dec 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so what if the godbot doesn't use threats, like I don't?
I've never ever not once told my kids to "believe or else".
You're generalizing Christians because you're a bigot.
“so what if the godbot doesn't use threats, like I don't?” Oh honey, don’t make me laugh, I seem to remember you have threatened me several times (and each time shrugged it off as a joke).

Nope I am stating fact because it has happened to me when I was young over several years and has in the last few months happened to my son. Luckily he is more independent than I was as a child and stood up to that child abuse administered by good christians and walked away from their influence.

I have seen other people on this forum stating exactly the same thing.

You are a godbot and therefore do not see forced indoctrination into godbothood and treats to children who want out as child abuse. That makes no difference to the fact that it happens, and it happens often.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#189896 Dec 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I told them about Hell.
But I never tried using force, fear or coercion to "make" them Christian.
It was more like, I told them what the Bible says about Hell (which isn't much, I made sure to leave out Dante's opinions) and why I believe it.
And left it at that.
If you told them about hell, you used fear and coercion.

That's a given.

Which is convenient, since that is precisely the reason men made it up.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#189897 Dec 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Happy Solstice, and a Merry Sunreturn to all.
... and a Happy Festivus! for the rest of us!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#189898 Dec 5, 2013
Bongo wrote:
Conrad Murray is trying to get his license back, in Texas. I don't see to much of a problem there, they may even hire him.
It sounds like they can use all the executioners that they can get.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#189899 Dec 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.accuweather.com/en/ weather-news/ilate-week-ice-st orm-texas-to-pennsylvania/2057 1898
Had an ice storm in Memphis in about 1978 that was gorgeous. Coated the trees with thick ice that lasted for days, The sunlight reflecting off it was so beautiful. Memphis had lots of pretty trees.
I walked to work often then as I lived not far from it. A crystal world. Really pretty after smoking a doobie and walking through it in morning sunlight.
I lived in Michigan during that storm - and you are right - it was quite the sight - even after "partaking".

;o)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#189900 Dec 5, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If you told them about hell, you used fear and coercion.
That's a given.
Which is convenient, since that is precisely the reason men made it up.
I don't fear Hell.

Do you?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#189901 Dec 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I told them about Hell.

But I never tried using force, fear or coercion to "make" them Christian.

It was more like, I told them what the Bible says about Hell (which isn't much, I made sure to leave out Dante's opinions) and why I believe it.

And left it at that.
So YOU planted the idea of eternal, unimaginably painful torture in their overly imaginative minds and don't think that instilled just a teeny amount of fear in them?

Even smacking a 6 month old isn't THAT bad.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#189902 Dec 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
“so what if the godbot doesn't use threats, like I don't?” Oh honey, don’t make me laugh, I seem to remember you have threatened me several times (and each time shrugged it off as a joke).
Nope I am stating fact because it has happened to me when I was young over several years and has in the last few months happened to my son. Luckily he is more independent than I was as a child and stood up to that child abuse administered by good christians and walked away from their influence.
I have seen other people on this forum stating exactly the same thing.
You are a godbot and therefore do not see forced indoctrination into godbothood and treats to children who want out as child abuse. That makes no difference to the fact that it happens, and it happens often.
I've never threatened you.

Oh, ok. So if something happened to you that must be the norm, right?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#189903 Dec 5, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So YOU planted the idea of eternal, unimaginably painful torture in their overly imaginative minds and don't think that instilled just a teeny amount of fear in them?
Even smacking a 6 month old isn't THAT bad.
No.

You misunderstand. Again.

I also planted the idea in their heads that a bullet in the brain would be a bad thing.

I guess that means if they put a bullet in their head, it's my fault.

Fuckingliberals.

Location hidden

#189904 Dec 5, 2013
Funniest movie ever made:

Location hidden

#189905 Dec 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't fear Hell.
Do you?
Why do you not fear hell?

I can tell you why I don't - because I'm convinced it doesn't exist.

Now, your turn. And we will see if fear is involved in your process.

Location hidden

#189906 Dec 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm.

- I've taught electronics, firearms, and ESL.
What you mean is you have played cowboys&indians, and spaceship.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#189907 Dec 5, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
Why do you not fear hell?
I can tell you why I don't - because I'm convinced it doesn't exist.
Now, your turn. And we will see if fear is involved in your process.
I don't fear Hell because it poses no threat to me.

I am convinced that it exists.

I'm also convinced that some people fear it.

I'm not one of them.

I'm better than that.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#189908 Dec 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never threatened you.
Oh, ok. So if something happened to you that must be the norm, right?
Oh don’t lie all your life, take a day off once in a while - gun – sights? Remember? Plus other threats dating right back to soon after you joined topix. When you were pulled up on these you hid behind your redneck humour god.

And my lad 35 years later and several other people I know and several other people on this forum. Right?

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#189909 Dec 5, 2013
There was a saying I heard quite a bit in the Army.

Don't let the bastards get you down.

There is an abundant amount of wisdom in those few words about life that takes some time, experience, and developed philosophical skills to really grok about the larger scheme of things.

Has to do with your focus as a being, and maintaining it through whatever paradigm you are currently caught in.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#189910 Dec 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh don’t lie all your life, take a day off once in a while - gun – sights? Remember? Plus other threats dating right back to soon after you joined topix. When you were pulled up on these you hid behind your redneck humour god.
And my lad 35 years later and several other people I know and several other people on this forum. Right?
You're such a pill...

This is the "threat to your life" I gave you:

ChristineM: "Did you miss me?"

RR: "Yes, I need a new scope."

If you wanna call that a threat to your life, I suggest you never leave your home.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#189911 Dec 5, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually, I do.
You have something that you imagined, something you believe without evidence, that's NOT anything factual. Once again, I have no problem with your beliefs, but when you state them as factual, it's a little irrational.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#189912 Dec 5, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You have something that you imagined, something you believe without evidence, that's NOT anything factual. Once again, I have no problem with your beliefs, but when you state them as factual, it's a little irrational.
You imagine that he imagines it.

Imagine that.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#189913 Dec 5, 2013
http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/archives/5096...

All Topix atheists that didn't start using drugs or alcohol in their teens, don't raise your hand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Copout 1,498,385
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Rshermr 11,060
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 20 hr silly rabbit 313,390
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sun OrderPhartse 32,758
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Feb 23 Worker 289
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Feb 21 TrumpsPhartsx 99
How my search of $450000 dollars became real. Feb 14 Kesby Karen 1
More from around the web