Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“God of War”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#185576 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Negative.
Just the other day I said that God didn't create Satan.
Learn to read, son.
Wut he do... create himself?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#185577 Nov 18, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Look again and report.
It seems you've been caught up in a word jumble.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185578 Nov 18, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Hey everybody, if Bob calls you a fake and not a real Christian.
That’s a good thing. You’re on the right track and going the right way.
[tipping hat]
Right. Because you people continuing to push hate is a good thing?

You are seriously an ugly human being.

You know that, right?

Apparently not--- I pity anyone who knows you in real life.

I bet they are all afraid of your anger, and violence.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185579 Nov 18, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the word “hate” was counted and tabulated on all your post.
It would be equivalent to the number of our national debt.
Of course!

Because I am describing **your** ugly **faith**.

And I **must** be honest about it-- so I **must** use the word hate correctly.

It is the only accurate description of your hideous attitude.

Seriously.

You are an ugly person. I pity anyone who knows you in real life.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185580 Nov 18, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hate furnace is white hot Bob. It's going into meltdown mode.
Projection.

Who Would Jesus Hate?

I bet **you** know who your Jesus hates, don't you?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185581 Nov 18, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Jobs bills???
Obamajab and dems gave us a jobs bill that cost us a trillion dollars.
And we have fewer jobs than before its passage.
You should pray we don't get another.
Moron.
Nope. Moron.

Do you have a LINK that DESCRIBES these mythical "job bills"?

NO?

We thought as much.

You lie and you LIE and you lie some more.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185582 Nov 18, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand perfectly,you want a government that will coddle you and see to your needs not matter what you do or do not contribute Feel free to repeat your mantra as much as you like but unfortunately for you it does not make it any more relevant except as a distraction.
No.

I just want a government that enforces the **existing** laws on an **equal** basis-- instead of favoring the filthy rich as it does not.

I want a tax system that is **equal** across the board--without **any** ridiculous deductions-- especially NONE for religion.

A simple, flat tax would be fair-- everyone--no matter how rich-- pays the same percent.

But you ReThuglican/TeaBagging azzholes are too **greedy**.

Or if you're NOT rich?

You are just plain stupid: anyone who votes TeaBagger? And is not in the 1%? Is a complete fool.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185583 Nov 18, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The same Obamajab blocked the jobs bill that doesn't cost taxpayers a penny - Keystone pipeline.
Moron. Hope and Change. Yes We Can!
Did not cost a .. cent?

LMAO!

That boondoggle had TAX FREE status in most areas, and it STOLE the land it was going to build on.

And had NO protective oversight-- it would have been a disaster.

But the super rich azzholes? Would have made billions.

And we TAXPAYERS? Left to clean up the environmental disaster for afters.

Just like always.

You idiots are so clueless, its almost funny.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185584 Nov 18, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree it was closer to a "real Jesus".
Much more human, than the silly bible's fairy-tale.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185585 Nov 18, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. That is why I read all the ancient Christian texts and "come to believe" based on a rational assessment of them all, not just the one's Constantine approved.
Some of the very oldest are quite interesting reads, I have to agree.

Did you get to read the gospel of Judas?(what there was of it).

It was a rather different take on the role Judas played out.

More like a dark conspiracy game than anything. Interesting, nonetheless.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185586 Nov 18, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an argument that no science is a failure, Even the crashed beagle2 mission to mars provided huge amounts of data.
Well... yes, that is true.

Sometimes when the experiment "fails" it tells them more than it would have if successful.

Data is still data--even negative data.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#185587 Nov 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I like most Mexicans I meet, I don't really know much about the government, except stories of it. But I do know some of the most ruthless cartel leaders live there in concert with government officials. This isn't saying much they are actually small timers mostly compared to whats in Washington. I heard it can be a beautiful place, but there are many horror stories , so I kinda see it as a calculated risk to tread there. With the risk being extremely high in Mexico City.
The drug cartels are a horrible problem for people that go to work for them, law enforcement personnel, their families, and assorted others, but not people like us.

The corruption is bad for Mexico, but once again, it isn't a problem for expatriates living in Mexico.

We feel like our lives are better for a variety of reasons,and are well pleased with our choice to live here.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185588 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Rescheduling a cancer patient's dr appointment 48 times is not "better than nothing".
What if they used the current ReThuglican "plan"?

That would be **canceling** the appointment-- FOREVER.

Because the ReThugs? HAVE NO PLAN AT ALL.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I knew you wouldn't read it.
If you could offer an actual REPUTABLE SITE? Instead of a Liar For Jesus site?

I would have read it-- but you cannot find such a site-- for your LIES will ONLY appear on Official Liars For Jewsus websites.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Just keep your eyes tightly clenched and keep your fingers in your ears.
LMAO! Right. You actually believe the ReThulicans GIVE A CRAP about little old you!

LMAO!

Fennario

#185589 Nov 18, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. Your idea of convincing evidence is doctoring quotes from Michael Behe to support what you claim, cutting out the part that says the opposite of what you claim.
You probably thought that was "cogent".
In your defense, it was a widespread scam.
And you are badly mistaken - most of these Topix atheists are, sadly but truly, morons.
That's my supported opinion.
Your approach is not moronic; just corrupt.
As always, thanks for sharing your unsupported, derogatory opinions. That's a very admirable quality in a person.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185590 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
As of 01-01-14 I won't have insurance.
And I can't sign up for your universal health care. They say I make to much to qualify.
Now what.
Boo hoo-- cry me a river, bigot.

For one? I do not believe you for one second-- you are a Liar For Jewsus, extraordinaire.

And nobody makes too much to qualify-- you have never tried-- you just listen to Liars For Jewsus and Faux SNooze.

You **are** a moron.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185591 Nov 18, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep healthy or you are going to be out on the street left to die after you loose your home to the Hospital..
Yep.

That is what these ReThugs want: they wish to bankrupt everyone due to costly medical bills.

I must assume that, because they are **against** any solution however flawed it may be.

Fennario

#185592 Nov 18, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
You indicate that it doesn't matter if the ruling was "unexpected and heroic", but continually assert that it was "unexpected and heroic".
Does that confound you?
Buck Crick wrote:
That is of the same vein as the obfuscation you employed by claiming evidence was irrelevant, then researching it.
This appears to have the same effect.
Buck Crick wrote:
Those [unexpected and heroic] are subjective conclusions, and I provided sufficient evidence that a reasonable person could reach the subjective conclusion that the ruling was "expected and unheroic".
Do you think so? I don't.
Buck Crick wrote:
Further, in particular, OBJECTIVE evidence shows lack of the "heroic" conclusion, which is, the ruling itself being copied word for word from the ACLU, without Jones bothering to correct the typos in the ACLU brief.
Disagree.
Buck Crick wrote:
I could have allowed that it was something nearer to heroic if he had at least used spell check or a competent proofreader.
You tip your tendentious, theistic hand here.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185593 Nov 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I also prefer not to use the words faith in that context given the way the Christians try to fuse and confuse the two. I call what you have described partial knowledge, evidence based belief, trust, or confidence.
I reserve the word faith for the belief that the sun will be destroyed along with the rest of universe in an Armageddon following the return of Jesus.
<quoted text>
Agreed.
I define intelligence as the ability of an organism to discriminate between different stimuli and to make decisions about differentially based on them in ways that benefit it more than random responses would.
At a higher level, intelligence also includes the ability to learn and to adapt to environmental change, meaning to do those things better with time.
Here on Topix? I have had to quit using the word "faith", except for the mindless mental "masterbation" that the godbots engage in.

;)

I would agree-- but even plants have a very low-grade intelligence, and appear to have some limited adaptation to conditions.

It's a very wide range, here-- even the lowliest life form can adapt whereas a simple crystal growth cannot.

And that is the major difference, I think: adaptation to the never-ending change.

One day, not too far off? I think machines will become intelligent in such a way, only an expert could tell they are machines, and not organic life.

Terminator? Unlikely-- machines would be too delicate a structure, too easy to disrupt.

It is always easier to destroy than to maintain a high level of complexity.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#185594 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems you've been caught up in a word jumble.
Well, I'm the one who knows the meaning of words.

You're just like a little puppy, humping my leg.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#185595 Nov 18, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I just want a government that enforces the **existing** laws on an **equal** basis-- instead of favoring the filthy rich as it does not.
I want a tax system that is **equal** across the board--without **any** ridiculous deductions-- especially NONE for religion.
A simple, flat tax would be fair-- everyone--no matter how rich-- pays the same percent.
But you ReThuglican/TeaBagging azzholes are too **greedy**.
Or if you're NOT rich?
You are just plain stupid: anyone who votes TeaBagger? And is not in the 1%? Is a complete fool.
Say a family of four makes $30,000. At 10% that would be $3000. With Obamacare say it costs a family of 4 $26,000 a year to make ends meet.$1000 to spend lavishly.

Take a single man that makes $300,0000 per year. That is $30,000 per year tax. That leaves $270,000 per year to make his ends meet.

The family of four is the one that is creating his wealth. They are the ones that will be dying in wars to protect his wealth.

Very fair system you have there. Who do you work for to be pushing such a thing?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min Bluestater 1,193,088
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr HitMan 201,447
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Bruin For Life 29,093
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr cpeter1313 309,000
Kentucky Wildcats Basketball: Kyle Wiltjer Comm... (Sep '10) 7 hr patty sue 5
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 7 hr Quantummist 4,370
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 12 hr squeezers 762
More from around the web