Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#185637 Nov 18, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for asking about me Catcher. The storms came through and didn’t touch my house. However they did a lot a damage a few miles from here. Most of us in Illinois have basements. It’s a great place to ride out a tornado.
We had a wonderful Sunday service at church while the storms were coming through. Wish you could have been there.
Seems as though your prayers didn't do much good. Maybe you guys didn't pray hard enough, or maybe God has Sundays off. Perhaps he just doesn't give a shit.

P.S. Glad you're safe!!!
Bongo

United States

#185638 Nov 18, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I get lonely sometimes.
Sounds like silk shorts wants some man love. Are you gonna give him the paradiso?
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#185639 Nov 18, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you in advance for you donation to the Red Cross for Illinois.
Gosh darn it, I forgot, Atheist don't give to charities, sorry.
Liar.

Foundation Beyond Belief

Earthward Inc.

Fellowship of Freethought.

International Humanists Inc.

Atheist Helping The Homeless, Austin Texas.

Atheist Relief Fund

Secular Center U.S.A.

Bill and Melany Gates Foundation.

ALL ATHEIST CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#185640 Nov 18, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Seems as though your bible disagree's with you. Question.....have you actually ever read your holy book?
According to the Bible, Satan is a created being, having been created by God as His most powerful angelic helper. So, Satan is an angel who rebelled against God.
Who is Satan?
The Bible says that Satan was created by God as a cherub, the most powerful of God's angelic beings.4 Some time after his creation and before the creation of mankind,5 Satan rebelled against God and took one third of the angels (now referred to as demons) with him into rebellion.6
Funny that you'd cite a Christian source....

godandscience.org huh? Nice.

But read Ezekial 28, God tells the cherub that it has corrupted it's own wisdom and the fire inside it haas consumed it.

God created a cherub.

Satan created his own doings and therefore created himself.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#185641 Nov 18, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So I guess you're saying ALL amputee's ignore God, ALL parents with down syndrome children ignore God, ALL the parents of children starving to death in Africa ignore God, ALL of the Jews during the holocaust ignored God. I would guess that also means that every child who dies from cancer has parents, grandparents, brother, sisters, close friends, ALL of whom ignore God. Thanks for the very interesting statistics, I really didn't think there were that many Atheists around, who knew!!!!!
The operable phrase here is "I guess".

Too bad you guessed wrong.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#185642 Nov 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0f6SlUU8ikMXX
That is one of Buckethead's best. Which is saying a lot.
You have no choice but to mellow out.
Pablum!!!

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#185643 Nov 18, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Oh, so cool! Buckethead has released a bunch of albums this year. A real burst of creativity. I have some searching to do. I have the first 40, he is up to 60+ now.

He has gotten mellower and better as he gets older. He is in his 40' now. When you read comments about him you see the same things about the hands and emotions of God.

Sure beats the hell out of flugelhorn and trumpet players.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#185644 Nov 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://guardianlv.com/2013/11/ quantum-mechanics-experiments- on-universal-consciousness-and -the-afterlife/
What happened to Polymath?
What do you mean? He is still around.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#185645 Nov 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean? He is still around.
Haven't seen him post on here for a while.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#185646 Nov 18, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hurry up and prove your god you stupid people, the rapture's coming!! LOL
No such word as "rapture" in the bible.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#185647 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that you'd cite a Christian source....
godandscience.org huh? Nice.
But read Ezekial 28, God tells the cherub that it has corrupted it's own wisdom and the fire inside it haas consumed it.
God created a cherub.
Satan created his own doings and therefore created himself.
All logic seems lost on you. Sorry you don't accept your own holy book as true.

God CREATED the Cherub ( What ever the f8ck that is) This Cherub may have developed his own personality but in the end God CREATED this thing that you can SATAN. I feel like I'm arguing with a child about the Big Bad Wolf!!!!!
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#185648 Nov 18, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Seems as though your prayers didn't do much good. Maybe you guys didn't pray hard enough, or maybe God has Sundays off. Perhaps he just doesn't give a shit.
P.S. Glad you're safe!!!
Thank you Doctor. Everything did turn out ok for our little town. I was in church at the time and didn't even know there was a storm. When church was over it was nice and sunny outside.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#185649 Nov 18, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Liar.
Foundation Beyond Belief
Earthward Inc.
Fellowship of Freethought.
International Humanists Inc.
Atheist Helping The Homeless, Austin Texas.
Atheist Relief Fund
Secular Center U.S.A.
Bill and Melany Gates Foundation.
ALL ATHEIST CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS.
How many of those will help my fellow citizens in Illinois?

How many of those will help those in the Philippines?

I know the Red Cross is going to be there.

I wouldn’t want to bet on the others.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#185650 Nov 18, 2013
"Hide in church, don't help others"
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Doctor. Everything did turn out ok for our little town. I was in church at the time and didn't even know there was a storm. When church was over it was nice and sunny outside.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#185651 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The operable phrase here is "I guess".
Too bad you guessed wrong.
Well then help me out here Gidbot. You stated that prayers aren't answered because those praying "Ignore" God. So does that mean that every prayer that goes unanswered is because those praying have ignored God? I'll make it easy for you, I'll make a list and you tell me if these people have ignored God.

1.) ALL amputee's within the last 200 years

2.) ALL parent with Down Syndrome children

3.) ALL parents with children dying of starvation in Africa.

4.) ALL of the Jews during the holocaust.

5) EVERY parent, grandparent, brother, sister, close friends of ALL children who have ever died from cancer.

Just looking for some clarification here, thanks for the help.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#185652 Nov 18, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>All logic seems lost on you. Sorry you don't accept your own holy book as true.
God CREATED the Cherub ( What ever the f8ck that is) This Cherub may have developed his own personality but in the end God CREATED this thing that you can SATAN. I feel like I'm arguing with a child about the Big Bad Wolf!!!!!
Then give up.

Walk away.

Nothing is forcing you to argue about something you don't believe in anyway.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#185653 Nov 18, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of those will help my fellow citizens in Illinois?
How many of those will help those in the Philippines?
I know the Red Cross is going to be there.
I wouldn’t want to bet on the others.
How about an apology for lying!!!! Not to me, but to all those who DO charitable work, work you claimed was NON_EXISTENT!!!

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#185654 Nov 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Say a family of four makes $30,000. At 10% that would be $3000. With Obamacare say it costs a family of 4 $26,000 a year to make ends meet.$1000 to spend lavishly.
Take a single man that makes $300,0000 per year. That is $30,000 per year tax. That leaves $270,000 per year to make his ends meet.
The family of four is the one that is creating his wealth. They are the ones that will be dying in wars to protect his wealth.
Very fair system you have there. Who do you work for to be pushing such a thing?
The real problem, Dave, is that the wealthy have a slew of tax loopholes available, and able professionals to find them and use them.

Our system favors the rich, at the expense of the middle class and those who are barely able to make ends meet.

That's what needs to be changed.

Catcher1

Redondo Beach, CA

#185655 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, this isn't an Internet dating site.
Nobody wants to hear your sexual fantasies.
Sorry.

Want to hear about Skom's fantasies, and yours, instead?

They involve pickles and lotion and bathhouses.

Catcher1

Redondo Beach, CA

#185656 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so angry at God?
What did He do to you?
He broke my little bottle of love potion number nine.

Bad god.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min trump bots 1,619,078
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 31 min ThomasA 318,295
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 hr Mothra 11,651
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 18 hr Trojan 34,438
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 30 Frankie Rizzo 201,871
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 29 Alice Meng 13
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web