Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#185470 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

There are things even God can't do, young man.
Creating the logically impossible is one of them.
Thinking wrote:
So you believe your god is not all powerful.
<quoted text>
They didn't teach you very good English out there in the UK, did they?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#185471 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

BenAdam wrote:
The Trinity is bunch of crap. Agreed.
You & Thinking aren't doing much thinking, are you?

Does it make your life easier to be stupid, perfesir?
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#185472 Nov 18, 2013
You're wrong.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you do not.
Because you do not know whether allowing suffering is compassionate, in the context of eternity and an all-knowing god.
You do not know whether there is a more compassionate outcome to allowance of suffering.
Key words - "you do not know".
So your statement is false.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#185473 Nov 18, 2013
Where do I say that?
Sources?
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
While also maintaining no other type of god was possible.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#185474 Nov 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Perchance you'd be better off wondering why you worship a god you admit is not all powerful.
I really don't know why I bother with trolls like you, maybe because I know other people read this...

The whole "God can't create a rock He can't lift" is the atheists stupid way of trying to disprove God, or at least their infantile attempt at getting other people to follow their beliefs about God. It's your make-believe omnipotence paradox.

God is not omnipotent, there are several things He can't do. For example, He can't lie; He can't learn anything new; He can't remember a time that he did not exist; He can't think of a time where He won't exist; He can't go back on His word.

God is all powerful, He is the Almighty. But even being all powerful, that does not include the ability to do things that are, by definition, impossible.

Like creating a rock too heavy to lift.

Or creating a spherical triangle.

Capisce?

(I doubt it)

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#185475 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of God's are unanswered prayers....
Unanswered prayers?

You said your god answers all prayers.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#185476 Nov 18, 2013
Actually I believe an all powerful god should be able to concoct the nonsense items you describe below. But I've seen no evidence of any of them. I find it odd that believers try to use logic in their attempts to convince others.

My issue remains this: there is no all powerful compassionate god because there is evidence of avoidable suffering.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't know why I bother with trolls like you, maybe because I know other people read this...
The whole "God can't create a rock He can't lift" is the atheists stupid way of trying to disprove God, or at least their infantile attempt at getting other people to follow their beliefs about God. It's your make-believe omnipotence paradox.
God is not omnipotent, there are several things He can't do. For example, He can't lie; He can't learn anything new; He can't remember a time that he did not exist; He can't think of a time where He won't exist; He can't go back on His word.
God is all powerful, He is the Almighty. But even being all powerful, that does not include the ability to do things that are, by definition, impossible.
Capisce?
(I doubt it)

San Francisco, CA

#185477 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you've screwed up the LNC.
The way you'd apply it to God would be to say that He cannot both be perfect and imperfect.
But trying to use it to say that a perfect being can't create any imperfect is not logically sound.
<quoted text>
That is your guess. nothing more.
My guess is that evil exists because it's human nature and God allows us our free will to do as we choose.
You blame God. I blame humans.
What about Satan?

Don't forget Satan and his horrible influence. Hell, he alone got prayer banned from our public schools, and who knows what other bad stuff he has his dirty paws into.

Satan's a bad dude.

San Francisco, CA

#185478 Nov 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheila!(aka nanoanomaly)
nano will surely like this (others should also take heed)

http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/mcac_rhian_...

San Francisco, CA

#185479 Nov 18, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
He's compassionate enough not to hit you with a lightening bolt for being batshit stupid.
That's more compassion than I have.
You think those poor folks in Illinois suffering from yesterday's tornadoes were batshit stupid, and the god got them good?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#185480 Nov 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I like most Mexicans I meet, I don't really know much about the government, except stories of it. But I do know some of the most ruthless cartel leaders live there in concert with government officials. This isn't saying much they are actually small timers mostly compared to whats in Washington. I heard it can be a beautiful place, but there are many horror stories , so I kinda see it as a calculated risk to tread there. With the risk being extremely high in Mexico City.
Our government is corrupt but theirs is openly corrupt. I did recently hear that some citizens in Mexico have began to fight back against the cartels. I think the government is making an effort to fight the organized crime as well.

It is a dangerous place. But hopefully, one day they will turn it around. Mexico could be the next Japan in exports. I would rather the US buy goods from our hemisphere versus China.

I donít think it will happen in my lifetime but maybe one day we will see an open border with Mexico.

San Francisco, CA

#185481 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What you say your god can't do man can do.

Man created the logically impossible god you worship.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#185482 Nov 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> No I actually agree with you, but will absolutely not be disillusioned or enchanted by false promises of a failing government , who will use your belief in the greater good to put more revenue in it's pocket, so it can continue being the ravenous pig it always was.
Change has not come as promised, what is happening is not in the little mans favor. The government seeks to create a two tiered society out of what essentially was the best prospect of eliminating it. History repeats itself, the banks and political elite want the power to shush you, and make slaves of the common folks. The exact same thing the American Revolution was fought to defeat. I'm sorry you cannot see it, but I'm afraid it will become well known before long. Americans must realize before it's too late , or the consequence maybe insurmountable.
Just ask yourself what has this government ever really done to convince you it cares about you personally? If you are an Indian I'm sure you will be so pleased to tell it's great giving nature to humanity. And the black Man was treated so great.
There is a pattern that emerges, with republican domination, and democrat succession, but if you mistake them to be different entity then you are living in a dream. They are the same coin and they will bring us to the same end. Im for healthcare, the Obama plan is about new revenue into the government so it can continue on it's same course with no change, except to YOUR WALLET!
Our President who is in a quagmire with his healthcare. Has tried to do too much without the support of the majority in Congress including Republicans. I do thank him for some of his bill like Insurance companies not turning down people for pre-existing conditions.

He should have done it in baby steps instead of this fiasco landslide. What a freaking mess he has got us into.

San Francisco, CA

#185483 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Capisce?
(I doubt it)
For the benefit of other people who read this.

What a crock.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#185484 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Capisce?
(I doubt it)
God understands leverage. He passed that on to mankind. That is why man can move rocks he can't lift. He can also get men to move mountains instead of himself doing it.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#185485 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You & Thinking aren't doing much thinking, are you?
Does it make your life easier to be stupid, perfesir?
You are lying again.

The Trinity is about is totally illogical, just like you.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#185486 Nov 18, 2013
Shame Hilary didn't deliver in the 90s.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Our President who is in a quagmire with his healthcare. Has tried to do too much without the support of the majority in Congress including Republicans. I do thank him for some of his bill like Insurance companies not turning down people for pre-existing conditions.
He should have done it in baby steps instead of this fiasco landslide. What a freaking mess he has got us into.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#185487 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't know why I bother with trolls like you,...
Honor among twits.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#185488 Nov 18, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unanswered prayers?
You said your god answers all prayers.
Not all prayers are sincere.

You have lip service and you have real belief in a power than can answer prayers. Why waste energy on opportunists?

Get serious if you really want a brain. You have to commit yourself to the consequences.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#185489 Nov 18, 2013
Bubblegum Is Your Friend wrote:
For those of you still holding onto cherished religious beliefs passed down for generations, especially this time of year,
Why did you stop believing in Santa Claus?
Hey, Santa Claus is real.

He's just a little bit pricy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min THE DEVIL 1,173,021
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin For Life 28,713
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 2 hr Quantummist 3,100
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr ChickBrilliance 307,962
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 18 hr Pinoyboyguy 734
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (Jun '13) Jan 24 RICK SERVICE 32
San Diego State hoping Dwayne Polee II gets a shot Jan 23 alanparkcity 1
More from around the web