Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255540 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185590 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
As of 01-01-14 I won't have insurance.
And I can't sign up for your universal health care. They say I make to much to qualify.
Now what.
Boo hoo-- cry me a river, bigot.

For one? I do not believe you for one second-- you are a Liar For Jewsus, extraordinaire.

And nobody makes too much to qualify-- you have never tried-- you just listen to Liars For Jewsus and Faux SNooze.

You **are** a moron.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185591 Nov 18, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep healthy or you are going to be out on the street left to die after you loose your home to the Hospital..
Yep.

That is what these ReThugs want: they wish to bankrupt everyone due to costly medical bills.

I must assume that, because they are **against** any solution however flawed it may be.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#185592 Nov 18, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
You indicate that it doesn't matter if the ruling was "unexpected and heroic", but continually assert that it was "unexpected and heroic".
Does that confound you?
Buck Crick wrote:
That is of the same vein as the obfuscation you employed by claiming evidence was irrelevant, then researching it.
This appears to have the same effect.
Buck Crick wrote:
Those [unexpected and heroic] are subjective conclusions, and I provided sufficient evidence that a reasonable person could reach the subjective conclusion that the ruling was "expected and unheroic".
Do you think so? I don't.
Buck Crick wrote:
Further, in particular, OBJECTIVE evidence shows lack of the "heroic" conclusion, which is, the ruling itself being copied word for word from the ACLU, without Jones bothering to correct the typos in the ACLU brief.
Disagree.
Buck Crick wrote:
I could have allowed that it was something nearer to heroic if he had at least used spell check or a competent proofreader.
You tip your tendentious, theistic hand here.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185593 Nov 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I also prefer not to use the words faith in that context given the way the Christians try to fuse and confuse the two. I call what you have described partial knowledge, evidence based belief, trust, or confidence.
I reserve the word faith for the belief that the sun will be destroyed along with the rest of universe in an Armageddon following the return of Jesus.
<quoted text>
Agreed.
I define intelligence as the ability of an organism to discriminate between different stimuli and to make decisions about differentially based on them in ways that benefit it more than random responses would.
At a higher level, intelligence also includes the ability to learn and to adapt to environmental change, meaning to do those things better with time.
Here on Topix? I have had to quit using the word "faith", except for the mindless mental "masterbation" that the godbots engage in.

;)

I would agree-- but even plants have a very low-grade intelligence, and appear to have some limited adaptation to conditions.

It's a very wide range, here-- even the lowliest life form can adapt whereas a simple crystal growth cannot.

And that is the major difference, I think: adaptation to the never-ending change.

One day, not too far off? I think machines will become intelligent in such a way, only an expert could tell they are machines, and not organic life.

Terminator? Unlikely-- machines would be too delicate a structure, too easy to disrupt.

It is always easier to destroy than to maintain a high level of complexity.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#185594 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems you've been caught up in a word jumble.
Well, I'm the one who knows the meaning of words.

You're just like a little puppy, humping my leg.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#185595 Nov 18, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I just want a government that enforces the **existing** laws on an **equal** basis-- instead of favoring the filthy rich as it does not.
I want a tax system that is **equal** across the board--without **any** ridiculous deductions-- especially NONE for religion.
A simple, flat tax would be fair-- everyone--no matter how rich-- pays the same percent.
But you ReThuglican/TeaBagging azzholes are too **greedy**.
Or if you're NOT rich?
You are just plain stupid: anyone who votes TeaBagger? And is not in the 1%? Is a complete fool.
Say a family of four makes $30,000. At 10% that would be $3000. With Obamacare say it costs a family of 4 $26,000 a year to make ends meet.$1000 to spend lavishly.

Take a single man that makes $300,0000 per year. That is $30,000 per year tax. That leaves $270,000 per year to make his ends meet.

The family of four is the one that is creating his wealth. They are the ones that will be dying in wars to protect his wealth.

Very fair system you have there. Who do you work for to be pushing such a thing?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185596 Nov 18, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no different types of love.
Only one.
A lot of things get called "love".
LMAO!

You just contradicted your own ludicrous claim!

LMAO!

If people apply the word "love" to a thing? Then that **is** what the word means.

You are an idiot.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185597 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
I had a similar idea once:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
Idea!
I've often thought that Bibles should be treated like the movie The Wizard of Oz. Recall that reality, which was set in Kansas, and which appeared on screen only at the beginning and end of the movie, was filmed in black and white, whereas the fantasy world of Dorothy's dream of Oz while she was unconsciousness from the tornado was shot in color.
Couldn't we have Bible's like that? When we're in fantasy mode, like with the talking snake and the six days of creation, the printing could be in color to tell us that they were just kidding.
But when they got to the factual parts - the drop dead serious stuff such as the parts about zombies rising from the dead, for example - it would be in black and white.
Helpful idea or not?
Brilliant!

It would alleviate the theological moderate/liberals from the burden of having to "explain" the parts which are clearly bullshyt, and also remove the burden of the parts which are simply atrocity-writ-large.

In fact? You could go full-on interactive-- an ebook, wherein you'd have to prove your age, before certain passages were even visible.

:)

It would end some of the child abuse, I think.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185598 Nov 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Say a family of four makes $30,000. At 10% that would be $3000. With Obamacare say it costs a family of 4 $26,000 a year to make ends meet.$1000 to spend lavishly.
Take a single man that makes $300,0000 per year. That is $30,000 per year tax. That leaves $270,000 per year to make his ends meet.
The family of four is the one that is creating his wealth. They are the ones that will be dying in wars to protect his wealth.
Very fair system you have there. Who do you work for to be pushing such a thing?
Do you have a LINK for where you got your NUMBERS?

A **reputable** source?

If not?

YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER LYING AZZHOLE.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#185599 Nov 18, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm the one who knows the meaning of words.
You're just like a little puppy, humping my leg.
Please, this isn't an Internet dating site.

Nobody wants to hear your sexual fantasies.

Rocky Ford, CO

#185600 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
The drug cartels are a horrible problem for people that go to work for them, law enforcement personnel, their families, and assorted others, but not people like us.
The corruption is bad for Mexico, but once again, it isn't a problem for expatriates living in Mexico.
We feel like our lives are better for a variety of reasons,and are well pleased with our choice to live here.
Read where the kidnappings for ransom are on the rise again there.

Just a matter of time before you will be in the middle of their issues. You are easy money.

If they can't protect their own law enforcement they won't be protecting you.

We had this discussion before.

IANS, you do realize that with your earning potential limited to your investments and not to your work that you are worth more dead than alive?

You may have insurance to pay your ransom, but there is no guarantee you will be delivered in one piece. The beneficiaries of any other insurance and investments will have windfall. And maybe their boyfriends, or girlfriends.

You are a side of beef in the marketplace. You ain't giving any milk anymore.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185601 Nov 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
THANK YOU!

For the negative Judgeits.

It proves I GOT TO YOU.

<LMAO>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#185602 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, this isn't an Internet dating site.
Nobody wants to hear your sexual fantasies.
Classic obsession with sex, from a godbot.

Sad.

Rocky Ford, CO

#185603 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you have a LINK for where you got your NUMBERS?
A **reputable** source?
If not?
YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER LYING AZZHOLE.
Do you have a calculator? Borrow a brain and have someone help you use it.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#185604 Nov 18, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
Wrong. I didn't say either belief was silly or unfounded.
Just that both are beliefs.
And I am correct.
And it is not my opinion; it is the meaning of the term.
"Atheism is the belief that God doesn't exist (The World Book Encyclopedia)"
That's a Christian specific definition.

I told you that years ago.

A theist that believes in a deity other than God, who also believes that God doesn't exist, is an atheist by this brain fart of a definition.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#185605 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
You are still a fake.
Every time you post? Another person loses his faith in god.
Every time you speak? Another person quits going to church.
Every ugly thing you say? Proves that you do not follow your own religion.
Every time you attempt to denigrate someone else?
A kitten is drowned in your name.
Thank you Bob, now I feel so much better about you. I was wondering if I even rated. I feel vindicated by your kind words.[tipping hat].
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#185609 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Projection.
Who Would Jesus Hate?
I bet **you** know who your Jesus hates, don't you?
Bob this is opposites day. Everything you say is the opposite. Thank you for your kind and considerate thoughts.

[tipping hat].

Rocky Ford, CO

#185610 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
THANK YOU!
For the negative Judgeits.
It proves I GOT TO YOU.
<LMAO>
Don't thank me, thank your adoring fans.

You represent atheism well. We all know they are close to your level of intelligence and maturity.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#185611 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Boo hoo-- cry me a river, bigot.
For one? I do not believe you for one second-- you are a Liar For Jewsus, extraordinaire.
And nobody makes too much to qualify-- you have never tried-- you just listen to Liars For Jewsus and Faux SNooze.
You **are** a moron.
This post just shows us all that you are ignorant to what Obamacare really is and what it means to individuals.

Under Obamacare, you can get tax subsidies to help offset the cost of your insurance. The less you make, the closer to 'free' it becomes.

As with all subsidies, there are income level caps. If you make more than that cap, you get no tax help. You pay full price for your now way overpriced insurance.

My income is above that level, I can get no tax subsidies that Obamacare has laid out.

I also cannot get into coveredca.com health insurance because my employer offers insurance, even though I can't afford that insurance anymore.

Quit being such a worthless troll.

Never mind, I forgot I was posting to a Boob.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#185612 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
It's enough to dismiss them all with equal aplomb.
Until and if they produce the gods in question?
They are liars-- just like **you** are.
<quoted text>
Far more knowledgeable than **you**-- who demonstrates time and again, your near-total ignorance about science.
You have **never** tripped me up even **one** time, in science.
You cannot--because you are an idiot.
<quoted text>
Name **one** such ... ahem... "scientist".
Can you do it? If you do? I will bet you he is a nutjob, and **not** a physicist at all!
You do seem to like the insane and terminally stupid.
Just as you are, I suppose.
The only thing you were correct about in the above statement is that I never tripped you up. You trip yourself up with the most idiotic statements I have ever read. Such as The Catholic Church has no interest in science, or there is no Atheist Philosophy. Your post are overbearing displays of ignorance. You can't start, to learn because regardless of how ignorant you are about something, you refuse to admit you don't know. This message tread, with you making a stand that atheism requires no faith, should be your white flag towards admitting you need help. If you want to prove the human race was not created, don't post a response to my messages, find your missing link or missing links. Sorry soulless one, you are not a monkey's nephew, the idea you would find that to be an upgrade, is very queer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min OzRitz 1,396,355
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr Into The Night 9,887
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Chosen Traveler 32,291
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 hr ThomasA 311,360
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 27 Barbi A 201,865
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web