Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258480 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#185528 Nov 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I don't believe in any of the gods on that website - including your chosen flavour of god.
You said there are thousands of gods to ignore.

How can you ignore what you claim is nonexistent?
However I'd be interested to hear how you proved that Thor or Vishnu don't exist.
<quoted text>
Nah.

I'm not an atheist, I don't argue about nonexistent things.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#185529 Nov 18, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg to differ, Dave.
Ants are smart enough to not play soccer in silk bloomers.
You might want to apologize to antkind.
As I have a very large bed of them out in the yard I have had a good relationship to date with, I do hereby apologize to all of the ant kingdom for associating the likes of a silk bloomered lawyer with them. I realize now that dung beetle would be more apropos. Whereas the ant kingdom is constructive and build to last, Catcher is focused solely on his scarfing up what goodies he can for his self enrichment.

Again, my deepest apologies.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#185530 Nov 18, 2013
I never said they were real.

If I was to say, "Darth Vader is a bit of a bell end," would you take that to mean I believe in Darth Vader?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You said there are thousands of gods to ignore.
How can you ignore what you claim is nonexistent?
<quoted text>
Nah.
I'm not an atheist, I don't argue about nonexistent things.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#185531 Nov 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading comprehension, always a downfall of the fundamentalist Christian.
RR is just a game player.

If you say you read LOTR he will claim you must believe it is real.

These trolls are the greatest insult to Jesus that I have ever seen.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#185532 Nov 18, 2013
Buck, keep your retarded self voting patterns just the way they are. To borrow from Mac, "LAFFIN".

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#185533 Nov 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Dave Nelson wants me to be god's conscience.
It's a big job, do you fancy sharing it?
<quoted text>
Frankly, no.

God's "conscience" is irreparable.

Seeing as how, by all available testimony, he doesn't have one.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#185534 Nov 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I never said they were real.
If I was to say, "Darth Vader is a bit of a bell end," would you take that to mean I believe in Darth Vader?
<quoted text>
I might believe you.

If we were on a darth vader thread and people were arguing his existence.

But we're not.

So I don't believe you.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#185535 Nov 18, 2013
We're on an Atheism thread, not a god thread.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I might believe you.
If we were on a darth vader thread and people were arguing his existence.
But we're not.
So I don't believe you.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#185536 Nov 18, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Frankly, no.
God's "conscience" is irreparable.
Seeing as how, by all available testimony, he doesn't have one.
:-)

A god doesn't need one.

But if one does, you and "Thinking" are surely in the Yellow Pages. Make sure you have an eye catching ad.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#185537 Nov 18, 2013
So god is truly beyond salvation?
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Frankly, no.
God's "conscience" is irreparable.
Seeing as how, by all available testimony, he doesn't have one.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#185538 Nov 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
We're on an Atheism thread, not a god thread.
<quoted text>
No, dummy, you are on a thread that says atheism needs faith. This is not an atheist social club.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#185539 Nov 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
A god doesn't need one.
But if one does, you and "Thinking" are surely in the Yellow Pages. Make sure you have an eye catching ad.
In other words it is okay with Dave if his God acts the same as a all powerful psychopathic 5 year old that will just as likely feed the cat as he will behead it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#185540 Nov 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
We're on an Atheism thread, not a god thread.
<quoted text>
Really? I thought this was a thread discussing whether or not atheism requires faith.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#185542 Nov 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words it is okay with Dave if his God acts the same as a all powerful psychopathic 5 year old that will just as likely feed the cat as he will behead it.
What could Dave do about it, SuckDucks Zone?

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#185543 Nov 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, dummy, you are on a thread that says atheism needs faith. This is not an atheist social club.
He thinks we are with him in a UK gay tavern.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#185544 Nov 18, 2013
So you believe Atheism is true because you just mentioned it.

Either that or you were just full of sh!t beforehand.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I thought this was a thread discussing whether or not atheism requires faith.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#185545 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I thought this was a thread discussing whether or not atheism requires faith.
He thinks we are with him in a UK gay tavern.

So does SuckDuck Zone.

Clever name, though.

One who sucks ducks has a hard time thinking of a catchy moniker, I would think.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#185546 Nov 18, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
What could Dave do about it, SuckDucks Zone?
I see Subdivision has come outta hiding.

I'm surprised they let him out.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#185547 Nov 18, 2013
Heil! Dave voz only following orders!
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
What could Dave do about it, SuckDucks Zone?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#185548 Nov 18, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
He thinks we are with him in a UK gay tavern.
I don't think Thinking is thinking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Teaman 1,684,318
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 24 min June VanDerMark 326,595
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 12,058
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Like your package 35,359
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan 17 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan 4 NicePhartts 8
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Dec 24 Randy from Wooster 201,884
More from around the web