Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247783 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#184891 Nov 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You worship yourself.
Worshipping one man, or man-child in your case, is enough.
I don't worship, period.

And don't start playing word games.

If you do, I'm going get into one of the two cars that I worship, and take the 91 out to Riverside, and shoot two of your chickens until they're dead.

We'll see if they can stand their ground.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#184892 Nov 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's the bias. You believe that Plato left books. For all you know, they weren't written by him, just attributed to him.
There's more evidence that Jesus the man existed than Plato the man.
My question is, why would a person so easily believe one but not the other?
Jesus was just a man?

Good to know.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#184893 Nov 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing.
You don't look or think and nothing can bother you.
Hmmm....a new term
Topix Ostrich.
No...
Topix Atheisterich?
2,000 years of nothing. That's a fact that is self-evident. That's really all I need.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#184894 Nov 16, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> But you're the one with the cucumber in ya pocket?
That's no cucumber...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#184895 Nov 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't worship, period.
If you do, I'm going get into one of the two cars that I worship, and take the 91 out to Riverside, and shoot two of your chickens until they're dead.
You'll have to get past me, counselor.

I wish you luck.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#184896 Nov 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't worship, period.
Catcher1 wrote:
I don't worship, period.
Catcher1 wrote:
I'm going get into one of the two cars that I worship
LMMFAO!

Do you worship or don't you?

Location hidden

#184897 Nov 16, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
These low life atheists believe religion's disappearing.
Seriously?
Whose religion?

Location hidden

#184898 Nov 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
He has no hands.
Prove it.

Go.

Carrion

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#184899 Nov 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
LMMFAO!
Do you worship or don't you?
Congratulations, RR.

You got it!!

Location hidden

#184900 Nov 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Hola, amiga. Did you catch my recent reference to you?
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
annyeonghaseyo

I did not until now. I don't follow this thread much. I do fiddle around occasionally.

:-)

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#184901 Nov 16, 2013
Keepitreal1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, are you serious? God got tired? I guess that's why he rested on the seventh day too. God felt pain? What emotional pain? Maybe god needs a psychologist. God grew in its understanding? I thought god was supposed to be all knowing. Why would he need to grow in his understanding?
Why would he go to the trouble of creating something if there wasn't something he felt he needed to create it for?

Gods don't have to perfect, or even all knowing. They are higher up the food chain and pecking order than you.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#184902 Nov 16, 2013
The anniversary of JFKs death is just in a few days. Which brings to mind why did Lee Harvey Oswald kill the President? We know he was a communist sympathizer. And believed in Marxism. Nowhere could I find where he was a man of religious faith.

Isolated and full of hate. He became an assassin by opportunity. I personally believe he was an Atheist. That doesnt mean all Atheist are assassins. Nor does it imply all ex Marines are murders of their Commander in Chief.

But it does tell us how extreme and dangerous some people can be. I was a child living in Glendale Arizona. The news came over the intercom that day. All us school kids gathered outside and watched as our flag was dropped to half mast.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#184903 Nov 16, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't assert that there is no god, but I call myself an atheist because I am not a theist. Is that OK with you?
<quoted text>
I'm a real atheist, and intend to spend a fair amount of time here if the conversation remains sufficiently stimulating. Is that OK?
Its all good and ok, im not disturbed by it. Some folks maintain there is no diety or possibility of one. You still fit the atheist moniker but maintain a diety is possible and upon its appearance youll change your mind.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#184904 Nov 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would he go to the trouble of creating something if there wasn't something he felt he needed to create it for?
Gods don't have to perfect, or even all knowing. They are higher up the food chain and pecking order than you.
God played with his dinosaurs for neary 180 million years. Then he trashed them. Gods are fickle.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#184905 Nov 16, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
The anniversary of JFKs death is just in a few days. Which brings to mind why did Lee Harvey Oswald kill the President? We know he was a communist sympathizer. And believed in Marxism. Nowhere could I find where he was a man of religious faith.
Isolated and full of hate. He became an assassin by opportunity. I personally believe he was an Atheist. That doesnt mean all Atheist are assassins. Nor does it imply all ex Marines are murders of their Commander in Chief.
But it does tell us how extreme and dangerous some people can be. I was a child living in Glendale Arizona. The news came over the intercom that day. All us school kids gathered outside and watched as our flag was dropped to half mast.
Your writing is getting and more absurd. Please, don't try to be clever...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#184906 Nov 16, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
The reason such an explanation does not apply to usage of the term "atheism" is that we can trace the history of the attempt to dilute the term for rhetorical purposes. An effort to change the meaning of a term, which applies to millions, and whose meaning is clearly understood, so as to service an agenda of one side in a controversy, is far from the innocent evolution of language you pretend.

Don't try to kid me.
Who could kid you? You and you alone understand this atheism semantic conspiracy, and it will be you that saves the world from bad usage.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#184907 Nov 16, 2013
More and more obviously

Fennario

#184908 Nov 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"They would be a lot more believable if they didn't quote others, or use the same terms and formulations in their arguments. It's like they agree with what their teacher said.
None of them are the slightest bit original in their argumentation. They are almost interchangeable."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DV...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KNE2Oqut238XX
And you don't see the irony of posting this message repeatedly? How many times have we seen it now?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#184909 Nov 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's strange.
Atheists don't understand God or Scripture.
Imagine that.
I am hoping you are not suggesting that believers DO understand 'God' or 'Scripture'. The 40,000 or so different denominations and sects within Christianity, plus the 2 billion or so differing individual opinions amongst all claimed Christians would tend to suggest that there is not much understanding going on.

The beauty of building a belief on totally 100% unproven stories is that it gives everyone the freedom to make up whatever they want in each interpretation.

Fennario

#184910 Nov 16, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
God is not something you prove but something that you experience.
That sounds like Riverside Redneck's description of dreams.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,278,667
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 33 min Into The Night 6,972
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 49 min say yessir 310,235
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr stewart scott 29,960
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 1 Pastor Pete 201,864
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
More from around the web