Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#184381 Nov 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Huh...
NightSerf:
The ultimate skeptics reject all faith and accept only ideas for which the evidence is compelling.
--
So NightSerf must not believe in dreams, emotions or intuition...
If he does, he's full of shit.
<quoted text>
How is it that you misunderstood that I was merely pointing out his bullshit?
There is ZERO evidence for dreams.
There is ZERO evidence for emotion.
There is ZERO evidence for a gut feeling.
IF you believe they exist, you're not following your own rules that you must only believe what has "compelling evidence".
Classic creationist propoganda - instead of admitting you're a liar with no proof of god, you try to change the subject away from this fact, by bringing in a broader comparison.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#184382 Nov 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We're just pointing out that even the "evidence based rational freethinking skeptic" has his beliefs, too.
Imagine that.
Who's 'we'? All I can see is a coward liar with no proof of god running scared from the question because he already knows the answer

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#184383 Nov 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
If I were to worship something freely and sincerely, it wouldn't be something that tortures. The Christian god simply isn't worthy of respect or affection.
Bongo wrote:
What torture are you referring to? In an earlier post you described accurately what a great time weve been born in and all kinds of gifts. I believe this is all Gods doing. You don't respect the one who gave you all, and I mean everything? Upon finding out he "is" after death and that you refused him, that may well be the torture you refer to. Incredibly advanced creators don't have thoughts or ways like man, why drag him down to your level, even an advanced human level such as yours.
Yes, hell.

There is no excuse for keeping a soul alive for eternity just to make it suffer, and for no better reason that it failed to worship you. I can hardly think of a worse thing to do. Can you?

Are you willing to believe that a creature that does that is infinitely loving?

Why did he build hell? Why did he create Satan or unleash him on earth and mankind? Why did he reward him with dominion over hell and souls to torture?

Why would you trust such a creature to keep its promises?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#184384 Nov 15, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Its because you can't prove your god, that your cult is in the atheism forum, embarassing itself.
Aw, are we infringing on your God given rights?

Fennario

#184385 Nov 15, 2013
spudgun wrote:
Continued/.. One of the "great" Christian "saints" said "That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell.Ē Thomas Aquinas
It is difficult to understate the mental illness of such people.
Yes you read that right. These cold blooded reptiles are positively ecstatic about the thoughts of others burning in hell. The "saints" ENJOY seeing the damned being tortured in hell.
These people are clearly completely lacking in human empathy.
They are psychopaths. And at the same time claim to "love" others and say "God is love".
The Bible/ Quran God who permits eternal torture in hell of the vast majority of people for not submitting to him, is a monster / demon of the most evil kind imaginable, and totally unworthy of worship or respect.
You made the point very nicely.

The willingness to call such a god loving, or to call torture on the cross for no apparent reason love, pretty much disqualifies Christians' other opinions on the subject for me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#184386 Nov 15, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Classic creationist propoganda - instead of admitting you're a liar with no proof of god, you try to change the subject away from this fact, by bringing in a broader comparison.
That's an odd concession speech.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#184387 Nov 15, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's 'we'? All I can see is a coward liar with no proof of god running scared from the question because he already knows the answer
Why don't you just put your mom's balls on and ask me the question?

Fennario

#184388 Nov 15, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> we didn't have a choice in what we were born into. Billions of animals killed daily for our consumption didn't either, and we take no thought for them.
Why do you suppose a loving god would create a world in which carnivores prey on other (conscious) animals? Why isn't nature all vegetarian?

For me, the answer is because it was not designed. Nobody chose this.

What is the answer for you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#184389 Nov 15, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yes, hell.
There is no excuse for keeping a soul alive for eternity just to make it suffer, and for no better reason that it failed to worship you. I can hardly think of a worse thing to do. Can you?
Are you willing to believe that a creature that does that is infinitely loving?
Why did he build hell? Why did he create Satan or unleash him on earth and mankind? Why did he reward him with dominion over hell and souls to torture?
Why would you trust such a creature to keep its promises?
God didn't create Satan any more than He created Hitler or Dahmer. Satan chose his own path and God chose not to interfere.

God has the power to prevent you from Hell, yes. He can do anything He wants. But God can't do anything that would violate His character. Thatís why He canít make us love Him,

God canít overlook our sins, and even though He would like to, He canít save atheists who think theyíre too smart to believe in Him.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#184390 Nov 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Why do you suppose a loving god would create a world in which carnivores prey on other (conscious) animals? Why isn't nature all vegetarian?
For me, the answer is because it was not designed. Nobody chose this.
What is the answer for you?
Is it more appropriate to kill a plant and eat it than kill an animal and eat it?

Either way, you kill something for food...

Fennario

#184391 Nov 15, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
It is no accident that atheist based societies have, the human rights issues they do.
Which would you rather live in, a secular democracy or a Christian theocracy?

The people of Salem, Massachusetts had both. Maybe we should ask them.

You seem to think that Christians are safe. They're not.

Fennario

#184392 Nov 15, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
Perhaps I am not facing bad karma as you are, and therefore eternal existence is a positive thing. I do feel as some of your sort do have souls, and just want life to end, the soul would rather be no more than face the music.
If your god exists, you're in deep trouble. We all are.

Why do you trust such a creature? Why do you believe its promises about the afterlife? Has it kept all of its promises concerning this life? Do you know what promises it told? Did it tell the truth about the history of the universe and of life on earth?
Thinking

UK

#184393 Nov 15, 2013
If your all powerful god exists, then yes. Absolutely.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe God causes the suffering?
<quoted text>
As I have no cognitive dissonance, I have to answer no.

Fennario

#184394 Nov 15, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
Robert Stevens wrote:
Let me take a moment to explain to you why you are wasting your time. 1) Atheism as a proven fact, does mean we have nothing left to learn. 2) There is knowledge, that have to be rimed. 3) Knowledge denied and burned. 4) a society that does not stray, if atheist are in enough control. No new advancements. It is why I believe, if nature wants the human race to expire, we will evolve into soulless atheist. On that note ask yourself, does nature find us dangerous? My answer is. It's cleanup time.
Two people have called this post of yours interesting, brilliant, and helpful at the 3hr old mark. To me, it's not even intelligible until it becomes ominous right at the end. What could they like about this?

What a human wasteland this religion of yours generates where it is able to.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#184395 Nov 15, 2013
Thinking wrote:
If your all powerful god exists, then yes. Absolutely.
<quoted text>
If you think God causes suffering then you must also believe that God causes happiness.

Do you?
Thinking

UK

#184396 Nov 15, 2013
Not nearly good enough.

You post like a battered wife. "I know he gets angry. You don't understand him. He loves me really."
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think God causes suffering then you must also believe that God causes happiness.
Do you?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#184397 Nov 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you & I believe in Jesus...
Go figure.
Maybe this story will help.

My mother used to use my difficult birth as a "proof" that I was special and meant to be on this Earth.

It was just her way of saying, "I love you and I cherish you."

I have doubts about the accuracy of my own birth story.
I believe my mother loved me, I don't need to believe the birth story.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#184398 Nov 15, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Not nearly good enough.
You post like a battered wife. "I know he gets angry. You don't understand him. He loves me really."
<quoted text>
You avoided the question.

Coward.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#184399 Nov 15, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/rel igion/atheism/TUGI0DVLLAKD7M2H N/post184329
<quoted text>
Two people have called this post of yours interesting, brilliant, and helpful at the 3hr old mark. To me, it's not even intelligible until it becomes ominous right at the end. What could they like about this?
What a human wasteland this religion of yours generates where it is able to.
Your self centered and self gratifying orientation you wish to impose on the massed mind and experience of the human species is indicative of a cancer, Doctor. You are a growth within the body human that only looks to what it desires, and not to the reality this species needs in order to advance. A cancer with delusions of being a superior creature.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#184400 Nov 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists spend an inordinate amount of time arguing a "non-belief" they all claim to share.
I find it very odd.
That does not change the fact that you make the same tactics and arguments that you accuse them of using.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,129,548
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 21 min Susanm 306,365
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 47 min Bruin Nation 27,982
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 2 hr PieceMaker 500
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 2 hr SpaceBlues 1,625
loan needed (Dec '13) Thu Lillyvet 6
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Thu Rama 201,197

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE