Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,814)

Showing posts 176,261 - 176,280 of216,597
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Cleveland taught me there really is no god.
I would love to hear your story.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
Fred's Story:
HOW FRED BECAME AN ATHEIST:
Raised Catholic and came to realize the God his priests were talking about had the ability to peer into his most private thoughts and convict him of "thought Crimes." He then found out after reading his bible that this God was unbelievably immoral, condoning slavery, Genocide, infanticide, and involved in blood sacrifice, and promoting the rape of young girls. his final straw was this God murdering innocent little babies, that was it for Fred. He immediately converted to a life of free thought, critical thinking, and extreme skepticism. The light of truth and facts can be a wonderful place, the place of Atheism. Lucky Fred!!!!!!!!!
If there is no God as you and your buddy Fred claim. Then all these atrocities were done by mankind. We must assume Fred is of the human race. So Fred’s fellow man did all these horrible things. What’s Fred going to do now?

Leave the human race?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Atheist are always praising evolution. Not once have they claimed evolution is responsible for all these horrendous diseases that plague mankind. Nope, they blame that all on God. Even though they say he doesn’t exist.

Let’s all interlock our fingers and sit down and chant,

“evoluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuution.“

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.thinkatheist.com/fo rum/topics/atheist-dog-tags-vs -no?id=1982180%3ATopic%3A42512 7&page=1#comments
This is a good example of how most new "atheism" is a socio-political movement and not a "non-belief".
Read the comments. "Two" atheists hit the nail on the head.
You are right of course..atheism can be a belief. One not based on anything rational or logical, But then we are still talking about BELIEVERS, not atheists really. Which are of course non believers. In my world those who have become nonbelievers have done so from a logical and rational perspective, you wont trick them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
Atheist are always praising evolution. Not once have they claimed evolution is responsible for all these horrendous diseases that plague mankind. Nope, they blame that all on God. Even though they say he doesn’t exist.
That what you fools do... maybe?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is no God as you and your buddy Fred claim. Then all these atrocities were done by mankind. We must assume Fred is of the human race. So Fred’s fellow man did all these horrible things. What’s Fred going to do now?
Leave the human race?
Resist the majority.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Resist the majority.
"You are right of course..atheism can be a belief. One not based on anything rational or logical, But then we are still talking about BELIEVERS, not atheists really. Which are of course non believers. In my world those who have become nonbelievers have done so from a logical and rational perspective, you wont trick them."

You don't have to. They trick themselves.

"Resist the majority."

Be different just to be different. Makes you feel better. Feeds the ego.

If they believe, then disbelieve. You can always find an excuse.

Like it has been continually pointed out. When you start advocating your "non-belief" it becomes a belief.

Why are you on here? To preach the message of your "non-belief", or to defend it? Or is it just to be obnoxious exclusively?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"You are right of course..atheism can be a belief. One not based on anything rational or logical, But then we are still talking about BELIEVERS, not atheists really. Which are of course non believers. In my world those who have become nonbelievers have done so from a logical and rational perspective, you wont trick them."
You don't have to. They trick themselves.
"Resist the majority."
Be different just to be different. Makes you feel better. Feeds the ego.
If they believe, then disbelieve. You can always find an excuse.
Like it has been continually pointed out. When you start advocating your "non-belief" it becomes a belief.
Why are you on here? To preach the message of your "non-belief", or to defend it? Or is it just to be obnoxious exclusively?
None of the above.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If he's fictional, why are you fighting him?
Because this God that YOU believe in is EVIL, and fighting evil is always a worthy cause. Fighting against unsound reasoning and beliefs for no good reason, is also worth the effort. If I'm in a foxhole I want someone there to cover my back and not sit and pray to a fictitious being for help. I've posted this to you before, pay attention!!! People who believe in things without evidence are a danger to not only themselves but to others.

To wish someone eternal punishment because they don't believe as you, to flying a plane into a building is not a big a step as you might think.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> None of the above.
All of the above.

You have a ways to go yet, Yoda boy.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave the human race?
"Good men will do good things, and bad men will do evil things, but to get a good man to do evil, this takes religion."

Men are only men and like all men have their flaws. Greed, lust, seeking power, self-centered, all undesirable traits, but are these the traits an all loving God should possess? The first 4 commandments deal with your Gods inflated sense of vanity. If I believed in a God I would NOT expect him?she/it to be vain, capricious, prone to temper tantrums, and completely uncaring. This is exactly the kind of GOD you believe in. Thankfully no such monster exists.

As someone once said, "If God is real then he has a lot of explaining to do."
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
You, on the other hand, who foolishly choose to reject scientific fact, posit that your GOD simply created all, that would include humans and parasitic organisms. What God would create a human and then create millions of parasitic organism that attack this human body, and FORGET to include an adequate defense mechanism for his human creation? My favorite God created organism is the parasitic worm that burrows into the eyeballs of children. Holy shit, your God just hates little kids doesn't he? Maybe George Carlin was right, "Maybe he just doesn't give a shit." After examining ALL of the parasitic organisms for which we have little or no defense, I'm inclined to agree with old George.!!!!!

Or, the rational mind accepts the facts on evolution and understands the relationship between all living things.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think earth is a utopia, you never been to Ludlow Alabama in the summer.
And you also never been to the Danville Correctional Facility for the Criminally Insane.
Try that.
Yes, we make our own social heaven and hell, I think there is a difference between social, utopia, and a utopia of life,. Again there is no other planet in the known Universe that has the diversity and abundance as planet Earth.There is no where else life as we know it can reproduce as it does here.The Earth is our only home, and we shit all over it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the above.
You have a ways to go yet, Yoda boy.
I garnish the hope of hearing something that will rationally make sense about the origins of life and the rise of man. But there only seems to be black and white, the grey is considered crazy.
I believe nothing but don't fall into the bible god or the pure naturally causes. But I'm not crazy, I just have no evidence to make any claims. I think something is out there though, just not sure what it is.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Good call. Topix is full of fake Christians. Talk the talk, but fail to walk the walk.
Yep.

Any of them who are against SNAP (food stamps), welfare or ACA?

Are fakes. At the end of Matthew, in their own silly book, they are given a commission: to feed the hungry, to house the homeless and to help the sick.

Fakes, the entire lot.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

spudgun wrote:
Thinking back to Remembrance Day (Veterans). What causes all these wars? Oh yes, its politics and religion, the scourge of mankind!
Yep.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. then why do atheists say, "I don't believe in God" ??..
They don't-- that's a strawman.

They say they do not have faith in gods.

Very different.

But I doubt you get it-- if you could? You'd be reasonable.

And?

All reasonable people are atheists.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to go to a all night prayer meeting.
\

Why? So I can be abused and then shot/hung?

That **is** what your people have done, historically, to my people.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to go to a all night prayer meeting.
And you are still a fake christian wannabe...

... you are.

It is kinda sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
Abandoning this thread due to christarded trolls Buck Crick,Dave Nelson, Eagle 12.
Yep.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 176,261 - 176,280 of216,597
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the NCAA Basketball Forum right now

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min lily boca raton fl 1,033,041
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 26,080
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr not a playa1965 303,199
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr 14 Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Apr 14 Bryan Cranston 81
Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr 12 maryann 19
Do you hate UK Wildcats, we DO :-) (Apr '11) Apr 12 plenty 49
•••
•••