Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
175,621 - 175,640 of 226,400 Comments Last updated 12 min ago

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#183051 Nov 7, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Enjoyment, yep, thats one of the reason I come to this site, I do so enjoy seeing how desperate these Theist are in trying to overcome simple reason and logic. Creationists that flatly reject scientific facts, and do so without any knowledge of science, it particularly entertaining.
Wallowing in superstition, irrational, uneducated, willfully ignorant, intolerant, and totally unable to let go of their childish fears of the dark and death. These people have not progressed much beyond our ancient ancestor's who huddled in the back of the cave banging two bones together and asking for the Thunder God to bring more game, yes, entertaining indeed.
Their prayers were evidently answered.

Otherwise you wouldn't be here.

They wouldn't have needed to do that if there was plenty of game.

Location hidden

#183052 Nov 7, 2013
http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/11/06/your-knee...

That was in the news today.

"In an age filled with advanced medical techniques like MRIs, artificial hearts, and laser eye surgery, one could be forgiven for believing doctors are also at least vaguely familiar with every one of your body parts. However, a new discovery by Belgian physicians has proved this assumption wrong."
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183053 Nov 7, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>But you like OIL/USD Hegemony and here you lair! Bahahhaaaa
Go buy you a new hat and take that chicken feather out of it.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#183054 Nov 7, 2013
No it doesn't!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183055 Nov 7, 2013
Some interesting news on fossils. Froghopper insects were found preserved in a Jurassic rock in China. These insects were mating at the time they became preserved. They were frozen in time for 165 million years.

Not much has changed since then. The insects still look the same and their mating ritual hasn’t changed either. Now 165 million years is a hell of a long time. Where’s the evolution? I’m not saying these creatures didn’t evolve but where’s the evolutionary track?

One would think a insect would have changed radically over 165 million years. But it has remained virtually unchanged.

Some interesting news on fossils. Froghopper insects were found preserved in a Jurassic rock in China. These insects were mating at the time they became preserved. They were frozen in time for 165 million years.

Not much has changed since then. The insects still look the same and their mating ritual hasn’t changed either. Now 165 million years is a hell of a long time. Where’s the evolution? I’m not saying these creatures didn’t evolve but where’s the evolutionary track?

One would think a insect would have changed radically over 165 million years. But it has remained virtually unchanged.

http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2013/...
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183056 Nov 7, 2013
Sorry for the double post.

Location hidden

#183057 Nov 7, 2013
What would would atheism have faith in, not believing in something? Don't think that requires any faith.

Location hidden

#183058 Nov 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so judgmental, man.
Nobody is perfect.
Must have been someone perfect that gave you the negative icons for that post...
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183059 Nov 7, 2013
Might as well make it a triple post. I'm going to be hammered anyway.

Location hidden

#183060 Nov 7, 2013
Well, it's been a blast.

Location hidden

#183061 Nov 7, 2013
Oh, have a wonderful weekend all. =)

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#183062 Nov 7, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's it.
I'm too scared to cite my source I already cited for you multiple times.
You got me.
Why do you lie? You have never cited your source for me and it seems that you are hedging and squirming because you have no source, perhaps you made it up or perhaps you are delusional

#183063 Nov 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not the least bit surprised you missed what I posted.
Are you a natural blonde?
Yes, are you a natural idiot? Can’t say I’ve ever heard of a blonde cutting their own fingers off.

What you posted is there in black and white you moron, because you use the logic of apples=bananas because of cherries then I am free to show the stupidity behinf such logic. Is your embarrassment any reason to show your ignorant sexism and fall back on personal insults?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183064 Nov 7, 2013
Atheist on Park District board refused to stand up for the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag of the United States.

“The American Legion is withdrawing all financial support for the Morton Grove Park District until a park board member stands for the Pledge of Allegiance or is no longer on the board.

Post 134 Commander Joseph Lampert attended the Oct. 24 park board meeting to confront Commissioner Dan Ashta on his choice not to stand for the Pledge, and to announce the Legion’s decision.

“On behalf of our post, it is with some regret that we fully respect the right of individuals to not stand during the pledge of allegiance,” Lampert said.“All veterans have been willing to lose their lives for that right, and many have. With that being said, while we support that right, we do not accept it.

“Regrettably, we will be withholding funds from the park district until such time that everyone rises for the pledge,” Lampert continued.“We feel that it’s disrespectful to all veterans that have been willing to sacrifice their lives for this country and it is a great dishonor to all servicemen and women who have paid the ultimate sacrifice and died for this country.”

Post 134 pays $300 to sponsor the Easter Extravaganza,$300 to sponsor the Halloween Family Festival,$1,000 to sponsor the Party in the Park events, and contributes $1,000 toward 4th of July fireworks, according to Lampert.

Ashta responded during his commissioner report, and thanked Lampert for speaking his mind. However, Ashta maintained his position, just as he did on Aug. 15 when he responded to similar concerns from former Village Clerk Eileen Coursey Winkler.”

http://mortongrove.suntimes.com/news/pledge-M...

----------

Eagle 12

No law says one must stand up for the Pledge of Allegiance. This politician didn’t have to recite the Pledge or even cover his heart with his hand. At least he was all civil about it and didn’t hold up his middle finger when the pledge was being recited.

Saying the pledge or at least standing up when it’s being recited doesn’t mean one is giving up their rights to what they believe. But not standing up sends a message. That message is this,“I’m a butthead.”
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#183065 Nov 7, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Scientifically illiterate is a terrible way to go through life!!!! As is fat and LAZY!!!!

#183066 Nov 7, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
You tell us where the evolutionary track is?

Is an evolutionary track needed in every case?

Before answering that you may be interested to know that evolution is a response to the environment and/or need, It seems that those insects had all they needed to survive in their environment

Maybe you could also look at the horseshoe crab, unevolved after half a billion years – why?

And the pygmy three-toed sloth, evolved dramatically in just 10,000 years – why?

And the Langkawi bent-toed gecko, evolving on a generation by generation basis and a generation is only around a years or so, so a very good specimen to study evolution by.

#183068 Nov 7, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Atheist on Park District board refused to stand up for the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag of the United States.
“The American Legion is withdrawing all financial support for the Morton Grove Park District until a park board member stands for the Pledge of Allegiance or is no longer on the board.
Post 134 Commander Joseph Lampert attended the Oct. 24 park board meeting to confront Commissioner Dan Ashta on his choice not to stand for the Pledge, and to announce the Legion’s decision.
“On behalf of our post, it is with some regret that we fully respect the right of individuals to not stand during the pledge of allegiance,” Lampert said.“All veterans have been willing to lose their lives for that right, and many have. With that being said, while we support that right, we do not accept it.
“Regrettably, we will be withholding funds from the park district until such time that everyone rises for the pledge,” Lampert continued.“We feel that it’s disrespectful to all veterans that have been willing to sacrifice their lives for this country and it is a great dishonor to all servicemen and women who have paid the ultimate sacrifice and died for this country.”
Post 134 pays $300 to sponsor the Easter Extravaganza,$300 to sponsor the Halloween Family Festival,$1,000 to sponsor the Party in the Park events, and contributes $1,000 toward 4th of July fireworks, according to Lampert.
Ashta responded during his commissioner report, and thanked Lampert for speaking his mind. However, Ashta maintained his position, just as he did on Aug. 15 when he responded to similar concerns from former Village Clerk Eileen Coursey Winkler.”
http://mortongrove.suntimes.com/news/pledge-M...
----------
Eagle 12
No law says one must stand up for the Pledge of Allegiance. This politician didn’t have to recite the Pledge or even cover his heart with his hand. At least he was all civil about it and didn’t hold up his middle finger when the pledge was being recited.
Saying the pledge or at least standing up when it’s being recited doesn’t mean one is giving up their rights to what they believe. But not standing up sends a message. That message is this,“I’m a butthead.”
Your opinion of what that message means is your opinion, however not standing up for the pledge of allegiance possibly means that the strong principals of the person shows that he/she is not willing to worship any god by force of patriotism or pay homage to a piece of cloth.

Location hidden

#183069 Nov 7, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion of what that message means is your opinion, however not standing up for the pledge of allegiance possibly means that the strong principals of the person shows that he/she is not willing to worship any god by force of patriotism or pay homage to a piece of cloth.
Strong principles or strong sense of contrariness?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183070 Nov 7, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As an American I also respect Mr. Ashta individual right. But on the other hand his constituents don’t have to support him for re-election if he decides to run again. That happens to be their right as voters.

The pledge to the US flag is not a form of worship but a display of American Patriotism. As you have stated this is my opinion and apparently that of the local American Legion. Mr. Ashta showed disrespect to his nations ensign, and the people who are patriotic to their country.

Thankfully this community that Mr. Ashta represents was civil in their response. My bet is this man will not be an elected government official ever again. He’s sending a message to the public about what Atheism stands for by his rude display of disrespect. That’s not hurting me but all the patriotic Atheist that do respect their nation and flag.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#183071 Nov 7, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Scientifically illiterate is a terrible way to go through life!!!! As is fat and LAZY!!!!
As is stubborn, angry, and living every day as a intolerant, disrespectful, rude, All American *sshole.

Pay your bills Doctor and you won’t be so angry all the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min No Surprize 1,100,636
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Pearl Jam 305,467
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr Bruin Nation 27,092
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••