Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
175,481 - 175,500 of 224,039 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. There is likely more hidden gold--including Nazi gold, in the Vatican than in the rest of the word's vaults.
They've had 1500 years to collect it, after all.
Correct.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

<quoted text>
:)
I *do* know what raw cheese tastes like--there used to be an excellent cheese shop in a nearby town-- it sold locally produced cheeses, including many raw varieties.
Delicious!
I never acquired the taste for raw dairy products.

Then again was raised on Bosco, Ovaltine, Mayo and shmaltz.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Robert..........Have you ever heard the Gospel Message of the Lord Jesus Christ??.....OF COURSE you have! Isn't that RIGHT, ROBERT?! Robert....what do you BELIEVE is going to happen after you leave this current, spiritually fallen, sin-infested world?? Do you BELIEVE that your SOUL will be in attendance at a place where people will GIVE AN ACCOUNT for what they BELIEVED, and they DIDN'T believe...about God??! Let's be MORE SPECIFIC..R-O-B-E-R-T!!!... Do you BELIEVE that you will STAND BEFORE THE THRONE OF ETERNAL,ALMIGHTY,OMNISCIENT God to ANSWER to what you DID with EVERY OPPORTUNITY YOU HAD TO ACCEPT THE LORD JESUS CHRIST??!! DO YOU, ROBERT??!!....Well guess what, ROBERT???!...Y-O-U W-I-L-L, ROBERT, YOU WILL....Just keepin' it...REAL.
Wow…that just got more and more unhinged as it hurtled down the tracks...

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Robert.....where art thou?? Who told thee that thou wast spiritually naked??!! Hast thou REJECTED the Gospel Truth of the Lord Jesus Christ, wherein thou might be saved??!
Is this performance art?
christINSANITY is EVIL

Petrolia, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

<quoted text>
Indeed. There is likely more hidden gold--including Nazi gold, in the Vatican than in the rest of the word's vaults.
They've had 1500 years to collect it, after all.
and they need it,too,those high class hookers are very expensive..LLL

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[laughing] I had to look that one up. I thought you were referring to some US Navy missile program.
That is some very scary technology. It is also being employed now by other nations from what I understand. There are supposed to be two programs. That HAARP you see is a front. The real site is located someplace else up there.
The technology heats the ionosphere where they can shape it to send radio signals planet wide. That is what it was originally intended for. It can also burn a hole in the ionsphere letting cosmic rays in. There are rumors they have pushed the envelope a bit to see what it can do. The ionosphere is the shell around this egg we live on. It is the other half of a capacitor the lower atmosphere forms between the ground and it. Events caused there will cause events within the earth. Changes the balance and distribution of charge planetwide.

This is science with a new toy, not religion.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>I would agree. I went deep sea fishing one time out of Galveston. It was a group of us from work. We went about 200 miles out in the Gulf of Mexico. I have never seen so many sick people in all my life.

They were throwing up everywhere. The fishing was great by the way. What was really funny was several of the guys were Navy Veterans. They were the sickest poor souls.[laughing].
I'm not pissed off all of the time :-)

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You're going to HELL, PORTER!!
Only in your mind.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just words.
It says, "Stop looking at my ass you fuckinpervert"
:-)
Perfect!!!
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I never acquired the taste for raw dairy products.
Then again was raised on Bosco, Ovaltine, Mayo and shmaltz.
i got putoff by HELLman Mayo. i don't know why, do you?

bahhahaa
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is some very scary technology. It is also being employed now by other nations from what I understand. There are supposed to be two programs. That HAARP you see is a front. The real site is located someplace else up there.
The technology heats the ionosphere where they can shape it to send radio signals planet wide. That is what it was originally intended for. It can also burn a hole in the ionsphere letting cosmic rays in. There are rumors they have pushed the envelope a bit to see what it can do. The ionosphere is the shell around this egg we live on. It is the other half of a capacitor the lower atmosphere forms between the ground and it. Events caused there will cause events within the earth. Changes the balance and distribution of charge planetwide.
This is science with a new toy, not religion.
yep Weather manipulations, cause earthquakes... only big Superpower nations have them

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

<quoted text>
Hi, Night!
Good to see your smiling face!
(I assume you're smiling-- you always write as if you are.)
:D
...and you probably saw all of my "likes" on your facebook page, right?

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Life here seems to go on just as it did before. Nice to no some things don't change, even if they probably should. We still insult each other with no apparent purpose, post the same assertions even if they have been refuted many times, and argue about Hitler.

Booring!!! But comforting, too, in an odd way, like an affable if dysfunctional family.

Time for another cup of tea.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Swami Dave sees a Bush
Be careful while shaving.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus animals don't need 3 squares a day, plus the dove said the olives were ready.
Plus 40 days on a rocking and rolling boat isn't conducive to really hearty appetites.
I'm sorry, Dave.

What did the dove say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would agree. I went deep sea fishing one time out of Galveston. It was a group of us from work. We went about 200 miles out in the Gulf of Mexico. I have never seen so many sick people in all my life.
That's where we put the sick people, Eagle.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
They were throwing up everywhere.
See? That's why we put them there. Galveston, you say? Hmmm.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The fishing was great by the way.
Free chum.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What was really funny was several of the guys were Navy Veterans. They were the sickest poor souls.[laughing].
You left them there, right?
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Wrong.

Eliminating the part of the population intelligent enough to make the Manhattan project produce A bombs is no example of selecting on the best.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
His designs for the holocaust were based on evolution theory.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Bollocks. If you look at the Wiki definition, it is clear you only want to use one small part of the definition to further your lies.

"Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities."

That's why I prefer to use "non believer" - because people like you are dishonest.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such definition of atheism. Never seen it used.
The actual definition is "the belief that no god exists".
It is not certitude that defines atheism; it is belief.
Same as any other belief.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Ateides was scared of Artifical Intelligence.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Free thinkers are always questioning things, not good for totalitarian rule. Or those who would attempt to impose the restraints of such diabolical designs.
The communist freethinkers were deluded by quasi religious thinking though, it was a step in the right direction it was a step towards control also. Hard thing to find freedom , I do not believe in god, but believe to attempt to suppress freedom will incur the wrath of a sleeping entity that could be defined such.
Let us not rail about justice as long as we have arms and the freedom to use them.
Duke Leto Atreides
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Atreides ^

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghost 1,079,096
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) 1 hr RICK SERVICE 26
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr cpeter1313 305,077
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 12 hr PEE PEE PETE 26,649
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••