Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 243396 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

Fowler, CO

#182960 Nov 6, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Here's one from daffy dave and feeble eagle, when confronted with the quantity of food available on the ark for all those animals.........."Animals don't need three squares a day, and being at sea can make you sea sick, so you don't eat as much."
So the animals were "sea sick" and didn't eat much, problem solved!!!!!
Feeble eagle goes on to tell about being sea sick on a deep sea fishing trip, they went out 200 miles. Hope it was an overnighter, as it would take approximately 50 plus hour to motor 200 miles. Personally, I think he's full of shit!!!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torpor

Loony, you can go a month without eating. Of course your as*hole will turn inside out for a while, which may benefit you. Would give you a real view of the world. You get numb from the experience. Get some nutrition on occasion and you can function on a lower level for a long time. Man and animal were built for feast and famine.

You can bounce back from it with no real ill effect. In fact, it can rid you of bad things. Cleanse the system. Not so good for developing organisms like children, but adults are pretty much set.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#182961 Nov 6, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Dave is universally irrelevant?
Surely he's relevant in some way to someone.
I'll assume your statement is more of your mindless bull shit.
I donít know anyone and so I does not really matter, he was making his statement to me and to me he is irrelevant

I see that you time away has not improved your intelligence.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#182962 Nov 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torpor
Loony, you can go a month without eating. Of course your as*hole will turn inside out for a while, which may benefit you. Would give you a real view of the world. You get numb from the experience. Get some nutrition on occasion and you can function on a lower level for a long time. Man and animal were built for feast and famine.
You can bounce back from it with no real ill effect. In fact, it can rid you of bad things. Cleanse the system. Not so good for developing organisms like children, but adults are pretty much set.
Conversations with the scientifically illiterate is pointless!!!!

“Lebst du noch?”

Since: Nov 13

Norfolk, Virginia

#182963 Nov 6, 2013
Nobody cares.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#182964 Nov 6, 2013
Here is another example of how deeply the religious termites have burrowed, and how poisonous religion can be.

Kentucky.....figures, a high school cross country runner with a chance to win her first state championship withdrew from the race because....are you ready for this shit?.........because she drew the number 666. She was quoted as saying she didn't want to risk her relationship with God by wearing a number associated with the devil.

So God is that childish that he would reject this devoutly religious young girl just because of a number? Really?

"Religion poisons everything." Christopher Hitchens.

Fowler, CO

#182965 Nov 6, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Conversations with the scientifically illiterate is pointless!!!!
Hey, loonybird, that canned scientific literacy you eat isn't so healthy for you. You should try the organic stuff that grows wild.

Translation, read less, think more.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#182966 Nov 6, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>

What makes him christian is his christening, his belief in his god, his belief that he was doing what he was doing for his god, his actions in progressing that belief, the statements he made praising christianity, christian belief and christian values , his attendance at church and among other indicators of course is the fact that the Vatican considered him christian, even if you donít.
That is stupid.

You can do all those things, and not be a Christian.

You can be a Christian, and not do many of those things.

So your determinants for being a Christian are contrived.

You contrive them because you want to disparage Christians.

Try to fool others, if you like. I'm smarter than that.

I made no claim that the historians "make" Hitler a Christian.

I proposed that their observation of facts and analysis conclude that he was not a Christian. It's an observation and analysis, not a "making".

You should look into those concepts - observation and analysis.

I should look into the futility of arguing with bigoted idiots like yourself.

Location hidden

#182967 Nov 6, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít know anyone and so I does not really matter, he was making his statement to me and to me he is irrelevant
I see that you time away has not improved your intelligence.
That's what I asked, is he, to you, universally irrelevant.

He cannot be universally irrelevant TO YOU, since you have commented on him repeatedly.

Are your own comments also irrelevant TO YOU?

Tell me somethng, Phillistine. My mother is not on the role of the Catholic Church.

According to your determinants, she is not a Christian.

She claims she is.

Now, do I have to tell her she is not?
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#182968 Nov 6, 2013
Valdissa wrote:
Nobody cares.
Read the post below yours,'964.

http://www.positiveatheism.org/writ/ghwbush.h...
One 2012 poll suggested only about 54% of USAmericans would vote for an atheist president.

And you'll care when your child comes home convinced a god sent a prophet to Earth but can't understand evolution.

#182969 Nov 6, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Here is another example of how deeply the religious termites have burrowed, and how poisonous religion can be.
Kentucky.....figures, a high school cross country runner with a chance to win her first state championship withdrew from the race because....are you ready for this shit?.........because she drew the number 666. She was quoted as saying she didn't want to risk her relationship with God by wearing a number associated with the devil.
So God is that childish that he would reject this devoutly religious young girl just because of a number? Really?
"Religion poisons everything." Christopher Hitchens.
Funny. The thing is that in the original manuscript the number is 616, the 666 came about when some monk doing a copy thought ď616, hmmm, that donít sound right, perhaps they meant 666.Ē

http://peopleofyahuwah.files.wordpress.com/20...

It throws the spanner into credibility for sure.

Here is another funny (and coincidence) about the number.
In Moscow they has the 666 bus route no one would travel on. The authorities changed the number to , would you believe, 616

Fowler, CO

#182970 Nov 6, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny. The thing is that in the original manuscript the number is 616, the 666 came about when some monk doing a copy thought ď616, hmmm, that donít sound right, perhaps they meant 666.Ē
http://peopleofyahuwah.files.wordpress.com/20...
It throws the spanner into credibility for sure.
Here is another funny (and coincidence) about the number.
In Moscow they has the 666 bus route no one would travel on. The authorities changed the number to , would you believe, 616
6 and 1 are interchangeable in some of those number worshipping cults when dealing with a progression.

#182971 Nov 6, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That is stupid.
You can do all those things, and not be a Christian.
You can be a Christian, and not do many of those things.
So your determinants for being a Christian are contrived.
You contrive them because you want to disparage Christians.
Try to fool others, if you like. I'm smarter than that.
I made no claim that the historians "make" Hitler a Christian.
I proposed that their observation of facts and analysis conclude that he was not a Christian. It's an observation and analysis, not a "making".
You should look into those concepts - observation and analysis.
I should look into the futility of arguing with bigoted idiots like yourself.
Why is acting and behaving like a christian stupid?

You posted the statement, I posted my statement, I backed up my statement with fact. You are welcome to try ridiculing those facts all you want, it will make no difference to the facts

Nope I provide facts because they are facts, the fact that it upsets some ignorant funnymentalist truth denier is just a bonus.

Nope you just think you are smarter, itís self delusion, the facts (thatís FACTS) are self explanatory.

Oh my dear delusional moron, do you actually think that because we donít agree than I am bigoted? Go figureÖ

Honey, we have had this discussion before and we (well certainly me) came to the conclusion that it is not up to you to determine anyone religiosity but your own.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#182972 Nov 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is some very scary technology. It is also being employed now by other nations from what I understand. There are supposed to be two programs. That HAARP you see is a front. The real site is located someplace else up there.
The technology heats the ionosphere where they can shape it to send radio signals planet wide. That is what it was originally intended for. It can also burn a hole in the ionsphere letting cosmic rays in. There are rumors they have pushed the envelope a bit to see what it can do. The ionosphere is the shell around this egg we live on. It is the other half of a capacitor the lower atmosphere forms between the ground and it. Events caused there will cause events within the earth. Changes the balance and distribution of charge planetwide.
This is science with a new toy, not religion.
The real purpose of HAARP is an attempt to bring Godzilla back to life after scientists discovered his remains in a block of sea ice. I know this because a very respected Alaskan scientist managed to send me pictures showing the military lowering him into a special bunker, the real site you referred to. My information is sketchy, since my contact is in constant fear of his safety, but he somehow managed to send me a video of a semi-conscious Godzilla shown moving and sporadically bellowing, verifying the strange sounds reported by those close to the sites. I've also heard rumors that Snowden has secret text messages sent from Obama to some of his generals. Here's one example. "As soon as we get this sucker (Zilla) up and running, we're really gonna stick it to 'Ghanistan." Frightening times, indeed...

Location hidden

#182973 Nov 6, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is acting and behaving like a christian stupid?
You posted the statement, I posted my statement, I backed up my statement with fact. You are welcome to try ridiculing those facts all you want, it will make no difference to the facts
Nope I provide facts because they are facts, the fact that it upsets some ignorant funnymentalist truth denier is just a bonus.
Nope you just think you are smarter, itís self delusion, the facts (thatís FACTS) are self explanatory.
Oh my dear delusional moron, do you actually think that because we donít agree than I am bigoted? Go figureÖ
Honey, we have had this discussion before and we (well certainly me) came to the conclusion that it is not up to you to determine anyone religiosity but your own.
Your stupidity is not in your facts; it is in your claim that the facts lead to your conclusion.

If I say Barack Obama has large ears and elephants have large ears, I have stated facts.

If I stated, then, that Barack Obama is an elephant, I would be stupid.

Now you are not only stupid, but you now know why you are stupid.

You don't have to thank me.

#182974 Nov 6, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I asked, is he, to you, universally irrelevant.
He cannot be universally irrelevant TO YOU, since you have commented on him repeatedly.
Are your own comments also irrelevant TO YOU?
Tell me somethng, Phillistine. My mother is not on the role of the Catholic Church.
According to your determinants, she is not a Christian.
She claims she is.
Now, do I have to tell her she is not?
I never said he was universally irrelevant, that was you. What you are doing is the usual buck and trying to pick a fight when you have nothing to need to make BS up so satisfy your ego.

I never mentioned your mother, again it was you and you are welcome to tell her what the hell you like but here is a little clue, Hitler said he was christian and the catholic church says he was christian. So you mother not being on the role is irrelevant to that fact.

#182975 Nov 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
6 and 1 are interchangeable in some of those number worshipping cults when dealing with a progression.
Yes - and?

Is that the only excuse you can come up with?

6 and 1 were not interchangeable with the cult who wrote it

#182976 Nov 6, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your stupidity is not in your facts; it is in your claim that the facts lead to your conclusion.
If I say Barack Obama has large ears and elephants have large ears, I have stated facts.
If I stated, then, that Barack Obama is an elephant, I would be stupid.
Now you are not only stupid, but you now know why you are stupid.
You don't have to thank me.
Not my conclusion, the vaticans conclusion and the conclusion of anyone who has studied the facts.

Emotional tantrums have nothing to do with the fact that Hitler was christian

As I said in my previous post to you, you can say what the hell you like.

Fowler, CO

#182977 Nov 6, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
The real purpose of HAARP is an attempt to bring Godzilla back to life after scientists discovered his remains in a block of sea ice. I know this because a very respected Alaskan scientist managed to send me pictures showing the military lowering him into a special bunker, the real site you referred to. My information is sketchy, since my contact is in constant fear of his safety, but he somehow managed to send me a video of a semi-conscious Godzilla shown moving and sporadically bellowing, verifying the strange sounds reported by those close to the sites. I've also heard rumors that Snowden has secret text messages sent from Obama to some of his generals. Here's one example. "As soon as we get this sucker (Zilla) up and running, we're really gonna stick it to 'Ghanistan." Frightening times, indeed...
Look up Eastland's patent that is the basis for HAARP.

You are looking at the egg tooth.

BTW, I'm Godzilla. Never died, just taking a nap. You should quit listening to rumors.

Fowler, CO

#182978 Nov 6, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes - and?
Is that the only excuse you can come up with?
6 and 1 were not interchangeable with the cult who wrote it
You are wrong.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182979 Nov 6, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Here's one from daffy dave and feeble eagle, when confronted with the quantity of food available on the ark for all those animals.........."Animals don't need three squares a day, and being at sea can make you sea sick, so you don't eat as much."
So the animals were "sea sick" and didn't eat much, problem solved!!!!!
Feeble eagle goes on to tell about being sea sick on a deep sea fishing trip, they went out 200 miles. Hope it was an overnighter, as it would take approximately 50 plus hour to motor 200 miles. Personally, I think he's full of shit!!!!!
My good Doctor, why are you so angry all the time?

It could take 50 hours to motor 200 miles in the Gulf???

Sure if one travels only 4 mph.

We were going much faster my good Doctor than 4 mph. By the way it was a day trip.

Don't be so angry Doctor. You know I respect and love you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 54 min Earthling-1 6,269
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 hr shinningelectr0n 1,251,797
News Trail Blazers 'like what Tim Frazier brings' at... 7 hr Fartman 2
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 13 hr Quantummist 1,651
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 hr tom wingo 29,828
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) Jul 2 Fartman 24
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 30 KeS 201,820
More from around the web