Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
175,421 - 175,440 of 224,573 Comments Last updated 50 min ago

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Definition of ATHEISM
1archaic : ungodliness, wickedness
2a : a disbelief in the existence of deity
.b : the doctrine that there is no deity

Critique and denial of metaphysical beliefs in God or divine beings. Unlike agnosticism, which leaves open the question of whether there is a God, ATHEISM is a positive denial.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ath...
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>One wonders how many growing eucalyptus trees would be required to feed two (or seven) koalas....
And since ALL vegetation would have died, and the animals would have NOTHING to eat, dimwit eagle 12 proclaims Noah did what farmers do in the winter, store hay and other food. So lets get this straight, a 400 foot wooden boat with NO reenforcement, no propulsion, loaded with every animal on the planet, in addition to all the food requirements they would need for a full year at sea, now we have to add to this enough hay and food for all these animals to feed on after the water subsided? And how long do you suppose it would take for all of the vegetation to grow back were the animals had a plentiful food source? Six months, a year? So old Noah would have to make sure he carried enough food for at least TWO YEARS. Thats right up there with the first man from a scoop of dirt, and a talking snake convincing a rib women to eat fruit from a magic tree!!!!! Can we all say..together now........complete insanity!!!!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
theos - "god" (greek)
a + theos - "no god"
a-theos-ism - "belief there is no god"
atheism - the belief that there is no god.
You are a fuckingidiot.
Atheism is the LACK of belief in a God due to complete absents of evedence. Goandfuckyersister!!!

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The etymological root of atheism is "atheos".
It means "no god".
Then add "ism".
You are a moron.
Just to be clear.

I don't believe in anything supernatural: no ghosts, witches, hexes, astrology, gods, deities, fairies, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, flying spaghetti monsters, bad luck from breaking mirrors, none of it.

I just don't believe any of it exists.

So my question is: What am I?

And don't be a wiseass or it's two years of bad luck.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

chance47 wrote:
Definition of ATHEISM
1archaic : ungodliness, wickedness
2a : a disbelief in the existence of deity
.b : the doctrine that there is no deity
Critique and denial of metaphysical beliefs in God or divine beings. Unlike agnosticism, which leaves open the question of whether there is a God, ATHEISM is a positive denial.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ath...
Bring your god before me. And then talk trash idiot.
You've nothing but retardedeness to offer as proof you have a god.
We realize you have these beliefs, but we know you have nothing but belief to show.

So bring it on and take your chance, I'm ready are you?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
A Kentucky cop wouldn't arrest a Boston sissy like you.
He'd shoot you and feed you to pigs.
If they couldn't eat you, they would at least cover you in shit.
I found the cops in Kentucky to be real sissies, with no intelligence whatsoever, probably spent to much time at the Creation Museum. Kicking their asses was a real joy. Remind me to tell you about the russian mafia dudes I took out one night in Rochester NY, a real blood bath!!!!!

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are denying you misspelled tattoo?
You are denying that you are a professional wordsmith and lawyer with extensive training in the meaning and intent of words and phrases?
Are you saying you are incompetent?
Why are you trying to deflect responsibility for the damage you did to that sweet innocent young woman that looked up to you as an authority figure?
Have you no shame?
Tell you what, dude.

Ask River if I have insulted her in any way, ever.

Don't speak for her, she's perfectly able to speak for herself.

And yes, as you say, I'm da man.

“Get it right”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Bring your god before me. And then talk trash idiot.
You've nothing but retardedeness to offer as proof you have a god.
We realize you have these beliefs, but we know you have nothing but belief to show.
So bring it on and take your chance, I'm ready are you?
Seriously?(joking?)
All that from my providing the Merriam Webster definition of the word 'atheism' for the back-and-forth goings on in the 40 or so prior posts? What are you so defensive about exactly?
Or was this some random rant for no particular reason? Are you unstable?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what, dude.
Ask River if I have insulted her in any way, ever.
Don't speak for her, she's perfectly able to speak for herself.
And yes, as you say, I'm da man.
That didn't take long.

Now the real catcher comes out. Da Man.

The elite. The one with the connections, the position, and the know how to use them.

He speaks for the little man to his peers for justice. The little man dares not speak to him for his injustices.

Thus he can damage a poor innocent young woman with impunity. He can get his kicks the way he wants.

I am to shut up and mind my place, eh, Catcher? Be happy in the world you created for me, and for you to enjoy with no repercussions for your egregious and gratuitous exercises of self will. I am to fear what you can do to me.

Well, Your Lordship and Highness. I have a clue for you. I have no fear of you or the consequences of you vindictiveness. I WILL take you to task in the name of what is right and wrong. YOU WERE WRONG FOR WHAT YOU DID TO THAT INNOCENT YOUNG WOMAN!

Hey, shithead, what you just witnessed is the power of God.

:-)
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism outlawed in Nazi Germany = Case closed he was a Christian
If Hitler was a Christian. Where in the Bible did it say it was ok to murder six million Hebrew men, women and children?

Now please note two key words in the question,“murder,” and “Hebrew.”

Please answer the question directly, thanks.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Don Ho.
Don't call me useless.
Strike one, Don.
You are a stupid and useless liar
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Loving everyone makes love itself unspecial. Love is best when given selectively.
Loving someone that hates you is not easy.

There’s never anything un-special about it.

I feel no animosity or hatred in return to this individual.

There’s already enough hate in the world. There’s no need to add to it.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Hitler was a Christian. Where in the Bible did it say it was ok to murder six million Hebrew men, women and children?
Now please note two key words in the question,“murder,” and “Hebrew.”
Please answer the question directly, thanks.
Your religion doesn't have a problem finding reason to kill some people Christian churches and priests preached about Jews being Christ killers before the world war 2

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Did U know a research studies (forgot the name) had been done shows upto 2% of the US Population are consider Type A , are Pyscopaths made up those in power leaders like Bush & Co, violent Criminals, most Soldiers, bullies, drug dealers, the immorals, corporatists, predators.... And , less 30% of Population are Authoritarian, sociopaths that is not as bad as Pyschopaths but some these sociopaths are the corrupted easily brainwashed to serve evil ...
Don't know anything about your study or how reliable or what conclusions there are to be drawn from it. You would have to cite a link, name of a book, etc.

There's nothing to debate here.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>And since ALL vegetation would have died, and the animals would have NOTHING to eat, dimwit eagle 12 proclaims Noah did what farmers do in the winter, store hay and other food. So lets get this straight, a 400 foot wooden boat with NO reenforcement, no propulsion, loaded with every animal on the planet, in addition to all the food requirements they would need for a full year at sea, now we have to add to this enough hay and food for all these animals to feed on after the water subsided? And how long do you suppose it would take for all of the vegetation to grow back were the animals had a plentiful food source? Six months, a year? So old Noah would have to make sure he carried enough food for at least TWO YEARS. Thats right up there with the first man from a scoop of dirt, and a talking snake convincing a rib women to eat fruit from a magic tree!!!!! Can we all say..together now........complete insanity!!!!!!
Honey
Honey never really goes bad. In a tomb in Egypt 3,000 years ago, honey was found and was still edible. If there are temperature fluctuations and sunlight, then the consistency and color can change. Many honey harvesters say that when honey crystallizes, then it can be re-heated and used just like fresh honey. Because of honey’s low water content, microorganisms do not like the environment.
Uses: curing, baking, medicinal, wine (mead)
Salt
Although salt is prone to absorbing moisture, it’s shelf life is indefinite. This indispensable mineral will be a valuable commodity in a long term disaster and will be a essential bartering item.
Uses: curing, preservative, cooking, cleaning, medicinal, tanning hides
Sugar
Life would be so boring without sugar. Much like salt, sugar is also prone to absorbing moisture, but this problem can be eradicated by adding some rice granules into the storage container.
Uses: sweetener for beverages, breads, cakes, preservative, curing, gardening, insecticide (equal parts of sugar and baking powder will kill cockroaches).
Wheat
Wheat is a major part of the diet for over 1/3 of the world. This popular staple supplies 20% of daily calories to a majority of the world population. Besides being a high carbohydrate food, wheat contains valuable protein, minerals, and vita­mins. Wheat protein, when balanced by other foods that supply certain amino acids such as lysine, is an efficient source of protein.
Uses: baking, making alcohol, livestock feed, leavening agent
Dried corn
Essentially, dried corn can be substituted for any recipe that calls for fresh corn. Our ancestors began drying corn because of its short lived season. To extend the shelf life of corn, it has to be preserved by drying it out so it can be used later in the year.
Uses: soups, cornmeal, livestock feed, hominy and grits, heating source (do a search for corn burning fireplaces).
White rice
White rice is a major staple item that preppers like to put away because it’s a great source for calories, cheap and has a long shelf life. If properly stored this popular food staple can last 30 years or more.

Food curing dates back to ancient times, both in the form of smoked meat and as salt-cured meat.[2] The Plains Indians hung their meat at the top of their teepees to increase the amount of smoke coming into contact with the food. It was discovered in the 1800s that salt mixed with nitrates (saltpeter) would color meats red, rather than grey, and consumers at that time then strongly preferred the red-colored meat. wiki
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion doesn't have a problem finding reason to kill some people Christian churches and priests preached about Jews being Christ killers before the world war 2
I never once had a lesson on how to murder someone.

But again, I kindly ask where in the Bible does it say it's ok to murder six million Hebrew children?

If it's the Christian thing to do as is alleged. Then there should be a solid scripture reference.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Swami Dave sees a Bush Did It political party in the future.

One wonders, when they are in terrible angst about the state of the world and man, whom does the Topix atheist blame the most? Does it cause them even more angst choosing between God, Jesus, or George Bush as the most evil?

“Get it right”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Loving someone that hates you is not easy.
It is also pointless to love such a person. Why rewards someones hatred with precious love???? I can only maybe imagine giving a child that hates you love, but that is the limit.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
There’s never anything un-special about it.
There is if everyone gets to have your love. Then it is absolutely nothing special at all - it is common and generic. If you want "I love you" to mean something special then you have to use it selectively.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
...I feel no animosity or hatred in return to this individual....
Exactly! But that does NOT mean you have to give them your love. Your love is a precious gift, people should deserve it before you give it.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
...There’s already enough hate in the world. There’s no need to add to it.
Agreed on this point at least.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Take the test Buck it doesn't lie, and neither do I.
http://www.bettybowers.com/reich.html
Ouch! No, it doesn't ;0)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey
Honey never really goes bad. In a tomb in Egypt 3,000 years ago, honey was found and was still edible. If there are temperature fluctuations and sunlight, then the consistency and color can change. Many honey harvesters say that when honey crystallizes, then it can be re-heated and used just like fresh honey. Because of honey’s low water content, microorganisms do not like the environment.
Uses: curing, baking, medicinal, wine (mead)
Salt
Although salt is prone to absorbing moisture, it’s shelf life is indefinite. This indispensable mineral will be a valuable commodity in a long term disaster and will be a essential bartering item.
Uses: curing, preservative, cooking, cleaning, medicinal, tanning hides
Sugar
Life would be so boring without sugar. Much like salt, sugar is also prone to absorbing moisture, but this problem can be eradicated by adding some rice granules into the storage container.
Uses: sweetener for beverages, breads, cakes, preservative, curing, gardening, insecticide (equal parts of sugar and baking powder will kill cockroaches).
Wheat
Wheat is a major part of the diet for over 1/3 of the world. This popular staple supplies 20% of daily calories to a majority of the world population. Besides being a high carbohydrate food, wheat contains valuable protein, minerals, and vita­mins. Wheat protein, when balanced by other foods that supply certain amino acids such as lysine, is an efficient source of protein.
Uses: baking, making alcohol, livestock feed, leavening agent
Dried corn
Essentially, dried corn can be substituted for any recipe that calls for fresh corn. Our ancestors began drying corn because of its short lived season. To extend the shelf life of corn, it has to be preserved by drying it out so it can be used later in the year.
Uses: soups, cornmeal, livestock feed, hominy and grits, heating source (do a search for corn burning fireplaces).
White rice
White rice is a major staple item that preppers like to put away because it’s a great source for calories, cheap and has a long shelf life. If properly stored this popular food staple can last 30 years or more.
Food curing dates back to ancient times, both in the form of smoked meat and as salt-cured meat.[2] The Plains Indians hung their meat at the top of their teepees to increase the amount of smoke coming into contact with the food. It was discovered in the 1800s that salt mixed with nitrates (saltpeter) would color meats red, rather than grey, and consumers at that time then strongly preferred the red-colored meat. wiki
Plus animals don't need 3 squares a day, plus the dove said the olives were ready.

Plus 40 days on a rocking and rolling boat isn't conducive to really hearty appetites.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,083,647
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 47 min STO 305,181
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Bruin Nation 26,732
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) 6 hr Robert Z 278
K-State's Stephen Hurt adapting to new surround... Tue Monica 2
loan offer with low interest Mon Pastor james 1
Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... Jul 27 engd 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••