Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#182836 Nov 5, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your ilk quote mine hitlers book
I don't have an ilk, Don Ho.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#182837 Nov 5, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
You have shit for brains you ugly little useless inbread liar!
*inbred (stupid windows)

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#182838 Nov 5, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
"... Hitler was ex-Christian and anti-Christian."
-Gertrude Himmelfarb, historian
I can see why you would like to believe that, and so would your historian. but the words and actions of this man.
Tell a different story.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#182839 Nov 5, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Don Ho.

Don't call me useless.

Strike one, Don.

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#182840 Nov 5, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t care because I still love you in my heart and I always will. How does one love someone who hates them? It’s easy you just don’t hate back.
Loving everyone makes love itself unspecial. Love is best when given selectively.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#182841 Nov 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you live in a glass house, you should be super careful before flinging your pebbles.
It can come back and bite you.
I do accept your apology.
Just don't do it again.
You are denying you misspelled tattoo?

You are denying that you are a professional wordsmith and lawyer with extensive training in the meaning and intent of words and phrases?

Are you saying you are incompetent?

Why are you trying to deflect responsibility for the damage you did to that sweet innocent young woman that looked up to you as an authority figure?

Have you no shame?

Location hidden

#182842 Nov 5, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
He thinks he can intimate you with his size and stature into agreement with anything he believes . But he doesn't know the resolve of truth. Or that his stature is easily overcome and his bones may come to rest as direct result to conflict of his beliefs. Because truth is more powerful than anything you care to believe.

“Get it right”

Location hidden

#182843 Nov 5, 2013
Definition of ATHEISM
1archaic : ungodliness, wickedness
2a : a disbelief in the existence of deity
.b : the doctrine that there is no deity

Critique and denial of metaphysical beliefs in God or divine beings. Unlike agnosticism, which leaves open the question of whether there is a God, ATHEISM is a positive denial.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ath...
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#182844 Nov 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>One wonders how many growing eucalyptus trees would be required to feed two (or seven) koalas....
And since ALL vegetation would have died, and the animals would have NOTHING to eat, dimwit eagle 12 proclaims Noah did what farmers do in the winter, store hay and other food. So lets get this straight, a 400 foot wooden boat with NO reenforcement, no propulsion, loaded with every animal on the planet, in addition to all the food requirements they would need for a full year at sea, now we have to add to this enough hay and food for all these animals to feed on after the water subsided? And how long do you suppose it would take for all of the vegetation to grow back were the animals had a plentiful food source? Six months, a year? So old Noah would have to make sure he carried enough food for at least TWO YEARS. Thats right up there with the first man from a scoop of dirt, and a talking snake convincing a rib women to eat fruit from a magic tree!!!!! Can we all say..together now........complete insanity!!!!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#182845 Nov 5, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
theos - "god" (greek)
a + theos - "no god"
a-theos-ism - "belief there is no god"
atheism - the belief that there is no god.
You are a fuckingidiot.
Atheism is the LACK of belief in a God due to complete absents of evedence. Goandfuckyersister!!!

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#182846 Nov 5, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The etymological root of atheism is "atheos".
It means "no god".
Then add "ism".
You are a moron.
Just to be clear.

I don't believe in anything supernatural: no ghosts, witches, hexes, astrology, gods, deities, fairies, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, flying spaghetti monsters, bad luck from breaking mirrors, none of it.

I just don't believe any of it exists.

So my question is: What am I?

And don't be a wiseass or it's two years of bad luck.

Location hidden

#182847 Nov 5, 2013
chance47 wrote:
Definition of ATHEISM
1archaic : ungodliness, wickedness
2a : a disbelief in the existence of deity
.b : the doctrine that there is no deity
Critique and denial of metaphysical beliefs in God or divine beings. Unlike agnosticism, which leaves open the question of whether there is a God, ATHEISM is a positive denial.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ath...
Bring your god before me. And then talk trash idiot.
You've nothing but retardedeness to offer as proof you have a god.
We realize you have these beliefs, but we know you have nothing but belief to show.

So bring it on and take your chance, I'm ready are you?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#182848 Nov 5, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
A Kentucky cop wouldn't arrest a Boston sissy like you.
He'd shoot you and feed you to pigs.
If they couldn't eat you, they would at least cover you in shit.
I found the cops in Kentucky to be real sissies, with no intelligence whatsoever, probably spent to much time at the Creation Museum. Kicking their asses was a real joy. Remind me to tell you about the russian mafia dudes I took out one night in Rochester NY, a real blood bath!!!!!

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#182849 Nov 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are denying you misspelled tattoo?
You are denying that you are a professional wordsmith and lawyer with extensive training in the meaning and intent of words and phrases?
Are you saying you are incompetent?
Why are you trying to deflect responsibility for the damage you did to that sweet innocent young woman that looked up to you as an authority figure?
Have you no shame?
Tell you what, dude.

Ask River if I have insulted her in any way, ever.

Don't speak for her, she's perfectly able to speak for herself.

And yes, as you say, I'm da man.

“Get it right”

Location hidden

#182850 Nov 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Bring your god before me. And then talk trash idiot.
You've nothing but retardedeness to offer as proof you have a god.
We realize you have these beliefs, but we know you have nothing but belief to show.
So bring it on and take your chance, I'm ready are you?
Seriously?(joking?)
All that from my providing the Merriam Webster definition of the word 'atheism' for the back-and-forth goings on in the 40 or so prior posts? What are you so defensive about exactly?
Or was this some random rant for no particular reason? Are you unstable?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#182851 Nov 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what, dude.
Ask River if I have insulted her in any way, ever.
Don't speak for her, she's perfectly able to speak for herself.
And yes, as you say, I'm da man.
That didn't take long.

Now the real catcher comes out. Da Man.

The elite. The one with the connections, the position, and the know how to use them.

He speaks for the little man to his peers for justice. The little man dares not speak to him for his injustices.

Thus he can damage a poor innocent young woman with impunity. He can get his kicks the way he wants.

I am to shut up and mind my place, eh, Catcher? Be happy in the world you created for me, and for you to enjoy with no repercussions for your egregious and gratuitous exercises of self will. I am to fear what you can do to me.

Well, Your Lordship and Highness. I have a clue for you. I have no fear of you or the consequences of you vindictiveness. I WILL take you to task in the name of what is right and wrong. YOU WERE WRONG FOR WHAT YOU DID TO THAT INNOCENT YOUNG WOMAN!

Hey, shithead, what you just witnessed is the power of God.

:-)
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182852 Nov 5, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism outlawed in Nazi Germany = Case closed he was a Christian
If Hitler was a Christian. Where in the Bible did it say it was ok to murder six million Hebrew men, women and children?

Now please note two key words in the question,“murder,” and “Hebrew.”

Please answer the question directly, thanks.

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#182853 Nov 5, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Don Ho.
Don't call me useless.
Strike one, Don.
You are a stupid and useless liar
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182854 Nov 5, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Loving everyone makes love itself unspecial. Love is best when given selectively.
Loving someone that hates you is not easy.

There’s never anything un-special about it.

I feel no animosity or hatred in return to this individual.

There’s already enough hate in the world. There’s no need to add to it.

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#182855 Nov 5, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Hitler was a Christian. Where in the Bible did it say it was ok to murder six million Hebrew men, women and children?
Now please note two key words in the question,“murder,” and “Hebrew.”
Please answer the question directly, thanks.
Your religion doesn't have a problem finding reason to kill some people Christian churches and priests preached about Jews being Christ killers before the world war 2

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min RUSH10ME 1,155,798
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 min Phil Donahue 307,074
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 2 hr best bet 2
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 2 hr Earthling-1 2,738
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Bruin For Life 28,455
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 16 hr ivyawe 1
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 21 hr Bently 201,187
More from around the web