Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
175,361 - 175,380 of 225,719 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Dave loves to vote for himself - now that is sad.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>And you epitomize it
Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology
Get over it.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Hitler needed people to be religious and gullible to murder on his behalf.

Freethinkers were never welcome.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, there's a clincher. I never knew free thought was banned in Germany under Hitler, but here it is...
During negotiations leading to the Nazi-Vatican Concordat of April 26, 1933 Hitler stated that "Secular schools can never be tolerated" because of their irreligious tendencies.[20] In a speech made later in 1933, Hitler claimed to have "stamped [Gottlosenbewegung] it out".[15] The word Hitler used, "Gottlosenbewegung", refers specifically to the communist freethought movement, not atheism in general
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimination_a...
That just blows the doors off these Christians who say Hitler was atheist.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

NightSerf wrote:
Hi everybody. I'm back. I didn't die, just took a long sabbatical of sorts. Anything new?
Not much, other than River Tam's tatoo.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism outlawed in Nazi Germany = Case closed he was a Christian
Wrong, Sikko.

Hitler despised Christianity.

He was a Darwinist.

Nuremberg documents settled the question.

Wise up, moron.
Alarice

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life in these forums

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, there's a clincher. I never knew free thought was banned in Germany under Hitler, but here it is...
During negotiations leading to the Nazi-Vatican Concordat of April 26, 1933 Hitler stated that "Secular schools can never be tolerated" because of their irreligious tendencies.[20] In a speech made later in 1933, Hitler claimed to have "stamped [Gottlosenbewegung] it out".[15] The word Hitler used, "Gottlosenbewegung", refers specifically to the communist freethought movement, not atheism in general
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimination_a...
That just blows the doors off these Christians who say Hitler was atheist.
Hitler was not an atheist. He was not a Christian, either.

The record shows Hitler's beliefs clearly.

No mystery here.

He was an occultist and he was a Darwinist.

His designs for the holocaust were based on evolution theory.

I'm just the messenger.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"tatoo" is a variant of tattoo employed by the ignorant and/or lazy who can't be bothered checking on the accuracy of their grammar and spelling.

You are disrespecting River Tam by your laziness, as we know you are a lawyer and should be more detail oriented. I am sure she treasures that tattoo, as she did have to choose the design, and suffer the pain of having it embedde3d into her sweet and tender ass. So not only are you displaying ignorance and/or laziness, but also indifference to her feelings in a callous and cavalier manner. Very insensitive of you.

You, sir, are a cad. You should be ostracized by civil society, and even the Topix forums.

Now apologize to her.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
I prefer to count "non believers" because dishonest cu*ts like Dave will use the restrictive "100% no possibility of any form of deity" definition of Atheism to further their lies.
<quoted text>
There is no such definition of atheism. Never seen it used.

The actual definition is "the belief that no god exists".

It is not certitude that defines atheism; it is belief.

Same as any other belief.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"tatoo" is a variant of tattoo employed by the ignorant and/or lazy who can't be bothered checking on the accuracy of their grammar and spelling.
You are disrespecting River Tam by your laziness, as we know you are a lawyer and should be more detail oriented. I am sure she treasures that tattoo, as she did have to choose the design, and suffer the pain of having it embedde3d into her sweet and tender ass. So not only are you displaying ignorance and/or laziness, but also indifference to her feelings in a callous and cavalier manner. Very insensitive of you.
You, sir, are a cad. You should be ostracized by civil society, and even the Topix forums.
Now apologize to her.
"Tattoo" is not the type of word lawyers learn to spell.

I bet he never misspells "slip and fall".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I ply my trade to uphold the rights of all people.
You should find your teddy bear and get some sleep.
You may wake up refreshed tomorrow, and realize there's a difference between stripped and striped.
:)
I got both one time in a holding cell in Georgia.

4 guards stripped my clothes and striped my ass with a strap.

"Stripped, striped, and strapped".

One of them took my prior actions personal. He was speaking from the place of his broken nose and teeth. Literally.

Thin-skinned, I say.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
He did it as an intentional act of disrespect. He is too elite in his attitude to respect the feelings of a young girl raised by missionaries, and in fact that may be the cause for that deliberate act. A real piece of work.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Interjecting this post of yours that you left off with Bob.
Think, of what your religion did to the world, look at historical facts? No wonder they are complaining...? Are you afraid to talk about your religion fanatisicm? Are you not in the know what your religion did ? Or , you can't come clean about your religion? What the reasons you are protecting your religion, has it done anything to deserve its respect from the world or those our Americans in know about its past ugly history? So?
Please answer if you have not thing to hide?
i keep at this until you answer every questions on the list!
Don't you just love Socratic inquisition?
have you used you critical reasoning skills and do have empathy for humanity, you another right wing christians who abuse its own religion and used to serve your soulless selfishness? Are you afraid to answer my questions? So? Do i make you uneasy with all these questions? more to come? Come , if you are a good christain ,so you say? i doubt you intentions , as you say who you are a good Christian? So, you swear on your Bible?
Bahahhaahhaaaaaa
You stole my laugh, Shit Hog.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>HL?
Harvey Lee...

I don't know his last name.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Now apologize to her.
Embedde3d?

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I never misspell retainer or fee.

"Not guilty" is my specialty though.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
He did it as an intentional act of disrespect. He is too elite in his attitude to respect the feelings of a young girl raised by missionaries, and in fact that may be the cause for that deliberate act. A real piece of work.
River knows better.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah how bout this mental picture...nah nah nah you can't see it ...Phooey!

LOL here it is....

http://tltcl.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/52af...

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Harvey Lee...
I don't know his last name.
You're thinking of Lee Harvey Somethingorother.

And his grassy knoll.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

NightSerf wrote:
Hi everybody. I'm back. I didn't die, just took a long sabbatical of sorts. Anything new?
I suspected you did not die when you showed up again.

Lots of new stuff has happened.

The way I here it, Catcher got a new tattoo from a guy named HL (Harvey Lee). It's a picture of River Phoenix' Penis.

Christine is hallucinating. Yeah, I know that's not new, but the particular hallucinations are new.

IAnus stopped using the internet and sends messages to his stock broker on burrows.

Polymouth bought an expensive set of surgical knives and has spent the last 3 months trying to slice a Domino's Supreme into infinite slices.

Darwin's Stepchild gave birth. Well, to be precise, he just shit a cantaloupe with nails in it. Dr. said, "That's daddy's boy!"

Me? I been takin' flying lessons. I find it's just like driving an 18-wheeler, except you can't run people off the road with it or shoot at stuff out the window.

That's about it.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Hitler needed people to be religious and gullible to murder on his behalf.
Freethinkers were never welcome.
<quoted text>
Free thinkers are always questioning things, not good for totalitarian rule. Or those who would attempt to impose the restraints of such diabolical designs.
The communist freethinkers were deluded by quasi religious thinking though, it was a step in the right direction it was a step towards control also. Hard thing to find freedom , I do not believe in god, but believe to attempt to suppress freedom will incur the wrath of a sleeping entity that could be defined such.

Let us not rail about justice as long as we have arms and the freedom to use them.

Duke Leto Atreides

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 hr shinningelectr0n 1,096,630
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr anonymous 26,978
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 hr STO 305,396
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 19 RICK SERVICE 28
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••