Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247812 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#182867 Nov 5, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You stole my laugh, Shit Hog.
Expect it, you are lucky i don't come often . No wonder you mentally challenged , war mongering religious nutcase! Bahahahahahahaa ! I see you and as Eagle 12 took a nice nosedive and sank with a big splash! So you not gonna answer my questions,you bunch are afraid and mentally challenged ones. Bahhahahhaaaa
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182868 Nov 5, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is also pointless to love such a person. Why rewards someones hatred with precious love???? I can only maybe imagine giving a child that hates you love, but that is the limit.
<quoted text>
There is if everyone gets to have your love. Then it is absolutely nothing special at all - it is common and generic. If you want "I love you" to mean something special then you have to use it selectively.
<quoted text>
Exactly! But that does NOT mean you have to give them your love. Your love is a precious gift, people should deserve it before you give it.
<quoted text>
Agreed on this point at least.
I feel a kinship with Atheist. My father was an Atheist most of his life. And he and I had many discussions about atheism & God. I certainly can’t hate someone because they disagree with me. Especially if they have caused me no physical harm.

I do see a lot of hateful and vengeful words that come from our resident Atheist. I just don’t comprehend the level of intolerance these people have. Why live so angry and miserable? Every venting word is poisonous.

I’m not angry like that. I feel at peace and have joy in my life. I can joke around and love life. Some of these Atheist are just looking to kick someone’s *ss 24/7. If according to Atheist they have just this one life. Why in the hell are they so pissed off all the time? That’s not a way to live with a chip on your shoulder.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182869 Nov 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus animals don't need 3 squares a day, plus the dove said the olives were ready.
Plus 40 days on a rocking and rolling boat isn't conducive to really hearty appetites.
I would agree. I went deep sea fishing one time out of Galveston. It was a group of us from work. We went about 200 miles out in the Gulf of Mexico. I have never seen so many sick people in all my life.

They were throwing up everywhere. The fishing was great by the way. What was really funny was several of the guys were Navy Veterans. They were the sickest poor souls.[laughing].

Since: Sep 08

Fowler, CO

#182870 Nov 5, 2013
Read a science fiction book years ago about the end of the earth. Some alien race shot matter and anti-matter into the earth and it was a matter of some time before they would meet and explode, and the earth with it. It was a mining technique for them.

But the people on the earth knew the end was coming and they all faced it their own way. The main character went out on a hill with his family and watched the crust in the distance rise as the ripple from the explosion spread.

Lot's of time to contemplate and prepare.

The sun could give a big burp and it would be all over in hours. You can get that early warning, but just think of that last bit of time. Would be my luck to have two cigarettes left and an hour to go. Shiver. But I have lived a life.

Picking the kids up at school. That hot date that night. All of those things that are important. All totally meaningless. An insignificant emission on an insignificant sun in an insignificant galaxy in a huge Universe. Blip. All gone. Your whole species, and most if not all others.

No grand show watching a comet or asteroid and counting down. Just a sudden blast of heat over a period of time.

Then nothing.

The book had ET's that saved some people. But that was a fiction book.

All of that lovely material world of yours gone. Pffft.

Including Darwin and Dawkins and Hawking.

Gee, you wouldn't even have time to be sad about it.

Ain't the atheist view lovely?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182871 Nov 5, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you don’t believe in God.
Who is really at fault for starvation?
You can’t blame God because he doesn’t exist.
So who is at fault?
Let me guess, Christians are the reason for starvation.
Nope... it's greed that is the fault of starvation.

Pure unadulterated **greed**.

Which **is** supported by christian religious views.

So, indirectly, yes-- you Genuine Christians™ are-- in part-- complacent with it.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182872 Nov 5, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Their deity hasn't done a thing in over 2000 years except to be an excuse for them to murder mullions of innocents for over 1700 years.
Correct.

Their god? Is a do-nothing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182873 Nov 5, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
Hi everybody. I'm back. I didn't die, just took a long sabbatical of sorts. Anything new?
Hi, Night!

Good to see your smiling face!

(I assume you're smiling-- you always write as if you are.)

:D

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182874 Nov 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
It is, I think local French goats cheese best, unfortunately rye bread is like hens teeth in France and they have stopped allowing fresh foods through customs so I am stuck. In the UK I have to use “whatever” goats cheese I can find (and the figs are not so good either) and in France perhaps a baguette or pain de campagne.
Here in the USofA?

Raw cheese is all but impossible to get anymore... meh.

Processed/homogenized cheese loses much of it's flavor. But it keeps on the shelf longer... so...

.. oh well.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182875 Nov 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
My best friend is chrsitian, real christian and she despairs at some of the ones who call themselves christian on here. Other than daily life contacts (I can not call many other christians friend) I have met quite a few christians from everyday people right up to high flying to notch church management.
I agree with much of what you say, the problem is that many of the “everyday people”(certainly on topix and to a lesser extent in life) tend to wear their “christian cloak” at the slightest excuse. Gives them something they believe to be tangible that they can hide behind. And for sure several of the ones I know do allow their belief to interfere with their daily lives.
The contradiction is that the higher one looks into the church the less reliance on the christian cloak you find. They tend to see it as a job but for some reason do not consider the hypocrisy.
Google "The Clergy Project". If you haven't seen that site, I think you will find it .. interesting.

I'll not go into details here, out of respect for various and asundry folk.

But go give it a look-- I found it kind of refreshing, really.

“Input”

Since: Dec 10

Input

#182876 Nov 5, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Here in the USofA?
Processed/homogenized cheese loses much of it's flavor. But it keeps on the shelf longer... so...
.. oh well.
http://cheese.about.com/od/cheesebuyingguide/...
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#182877 Nov 5, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey
Honey never really goes bad. In a tomb in Egypt 3,000 years ago, honey was found and was still edible. If there are temperature fluctuations and sunlight, then the consistency and color can change. Many honey harvesters say that when honey crystallizes, then it can be re-heated and used just like fresh honey. Because of honey’s low water content, microorganisms do not like the environment.
Uses: curing, baking, medicinal, wine (mead)
Salt
Although salt is prone to absorbing moisture, it’s shelf life is indefinite. This indispensable mineral will be a valuable commodity in a long term disaster and will be a essential bartering item.
Uses: curing, preservative, cooking, cleaning, medicinal, tanning hides
Sugar
Life would be so boring without sugar. Much like salt, sugar is also prone to absorbing moisture, but this problem can be eradicated by adding some rice granules into the storage container.
Uses: sweetener for beverages, breads, cakes, preservative, curing, gardening, insecticide (equal parts of sugar and baking powder will kill cockroaches).
Wheat
Wheat is a major part of the diet for over 1/3 of the world. This popular staple supplies 20% of daily calories to a majority of the world population. Besides being a high carbohydrate food, wheat contains valuable protein, minerals, and vita­mins. Wheat protein, when balanced by other foods that supply certain amino acids such as lysine, is an efficient source of protein.
Uses: baking, making alcohol, livestock feed, leavening agent
Dried corn
Essentially, dried corn can be substituted for any recipe that calls for fresh corn. Our ancestors began drying corn because of its short lived season. To extend the shelf life of corn, it has to be preserved by drying it out so it can be used later in the year.
Uses: soups, cornmeal, livestock feed, hominy and grits, heating source (do a search for corn burning fireplaces).
White rice
White rice is a major staple item that preppers like to put away because it’s a great source for calories, cheap and has a long shelf life. If properly stored this popular food staple can last 30 years or more.
Food curing dates back to ancient times, both in the form of smoked meat and as salt-cured meat.[2] The Plains Indians hung their meat at the top of their teepees to increase the amount of smoke coming into contact with the food. It was discovered in the 1800s that salt mixed with nitrates (saltpeter) would color meats red, rather than grey, and consumers at that time then strongly preferred the red-colored meat. wiki
I refuse to have conversations with the willfully ignorant, scientifically illiterate, uneducated, and irrational demon worshipers, sorry!!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182878 Nov 5, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
A look at a list of Eagle 12's uneducated, willfully ignorant, mind numbing slobbering idiocy:
1.) Floating debris from the Japanese tsunami and the Nina, Pinta, and the Santa Maria, are the same as a 400 foot Ark loaded with every animal on the planet along with food for a year.
2.) The ark had a septic system. No reference to this in his holy book, so when questioned decided he'd just make shit up.
3.) When confronted wit the genetic bottle neck problem, he calls scientific FACTS and Genetic research "speculation and unproven."
4.) He doesn't believe his own holy book, says the Noah Flood was "regional" and the animals ONLY from that region.
5) He continues to dispute his holy book by saying the mountain tops were covered in SNOW, even though his holy book says the world was covered in FLOOD WATERS.
6.) Flat out avoided questions on animals needing special diets and animals from down under.
Avoiding questions he know he has no answer for or actually knows they are true, making insane correlations, rejecting scientific facts, and when backed into a corner (most of the time) he turns on his own holy book reinterpreting the actual words to shape his own conclusions.
Dishonest, ignorant, and deceitful, he has NO redeeming qualities whatsoever.
Yep.

The **denial** is strong with that one.:)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#182879 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Nope... it's greed that is the fault of starvation.
Pure unadulterated **greed**.
Which **is** supported by christian religious views.
So, indirectly, yes-- you Genuine Christians™ are-- in part-- complacent with it.
The value of the Vatican alone could feed the worlds hungry for years.

Seems gold is more precious to their deity than children's lives.
What kind of sick people belong to such a hateful cult ?
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#182880 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Here in the USofA?
.. oh well.
Our USA GMO foods try make it way into heart of everyone on this planet, help?

Bahhahahaahhaaa

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182881 Nov 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I too was a christian as a child and christened.
I have on several occasions requested that the church remove me from their list of those christened and they refuse. Therefore I am still counted christian by their calculations
I wonder how many more people are in a similar situation
Some of those godbots can be stubborn.

You could tell them you've joined another church, and have been re-christened under that religion...

.. I recommend Secular Humanism myself.:)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#182882 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Here in the USofA?
.. oh well.
You can always make your own.

Step one, get a cow or a she goat.

LOL

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182883 Nov 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You should worry more about those that have listed you as a fruitcake.
How Jesus of you: you are showing your hate, here.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182884 Nov 5, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Hitler was a Christian. Where in the Bible did it say it was ok to murder six million Hebrew men, women and children?
Let's see...where to begin?

Noah's flood murdered more than **that**.

And then there's the countless times the bible's god murders millions for the least little old thing.

So it's clear that murder is just fine, with the bible's god.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182885 Nov 5, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Loving someone that hates you is not easy.
There’s never anything un-special about it.
I feel no animosity or hatred in return to this individual.
There’s already enough hate in the world. There’s no need to add to it.
Yet?

You went out of your way to demonstrate your derision of me, by belittling me at every opportunity. Or at least, you tried to.

I quickly realized just how much you hate me.

But it doesn't bother me-- I've been hated by worse than you-- at least you never offered violence.

Unlike so very many of your Genuine Christian™ cohorts.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182886 Nov 5, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
I’m not angry like that.
Yet? On multiple occasions you went out of your way to call me filthy names...

.. interesting.

You do not even recognize your own hate, when you do it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min An NFL Fan 1,278,936
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 12 min Patriot AKA Bozo 6,976
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr cpeter1313 310,236
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr tom wingo 29,964
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 1 Pastor Pete 201,864
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
More from around the web