Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#182771 Nov 5, 2013
A look at a list of Eagle 12's uneducated, willfully ignorant, mind numbing slobbering idiocy:

1.) Floating debris from the Japanese tsunami and the Nina, Pinta, and the Santa Maria, are the same as a 400 foot Ark loaded with every animal on the planet along with food for a year.

2.) The ark had a septic system. No reference to this in his holy book, so when questioned decided he'd just make shit up.

3.) When confronted wit the genetic bottle neck problem, he calls scientific FACTS and Genetic research "speculation and unproven."

4.) He doesn't believe his own holy book, says the Noah Flood was "regional" and the animals ONLY from that region.

5) He continues to dispute his holy book by saying the mountain tops were covered in SNOW, even though his holy book says the world was covered in FLOOD WATERS.

6.) Flat out avoided questions on animals needing special diets and animals from down under.

Avoiding questions he know he has no answer for or actually knows they are true, making insane correlations, rejecting scientific facts, and when backed into a corner (most of the time) he turns on his own holy book reinterpreting the actual words to shape his own conclusions.

Dishonest, ignorant, and deceitful, he has NO redeeming qualities whatsoever.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#182772 Nov 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Atheists comprised an estimated 2.01%, and non-religious a further 9.66% of the world population, according to The World Factbook in 2010."
"Studies and statistics
The demographics of atheism are substantially difficult to quantify. Different people interpret atheism and related terms differently, and it can be hard to draw boundaries between atheism, nonreligious beliefs, and nontheistic religious and spiritual beliefs. Furthermore, atheists may not report themselves as such, to prevent suffering from social stigma, discrimination, and persecution in some countries.[8]
Because some governments have strongly promoted atheism and others have strongly condemned it, atheism may be either over-reported or under-reported for different countries. There is a great deal of room for debate as to the accuracy of any method of estimation, as the opportunity for misreporting (intentionally or not) a category of people without an organizational structure is high. Also, many surveys on religious identification ask people to identify themselves as "agnostics" or "atheists", which is potentially confusing, since these terms are interpreted differently, with some identifying themselves as being agnostic atheists. Additionally, many of these surveys only gauge the number of irreligious people, not the number of actual atheists, or group the two together. For example, research indicates that the fastest growing religious status may be "no religion" in the United States, but this includes all kinds of atheists, agnostics, and theists.[9][10] Non-religious people make up 9.66%, while one fifth of them are atheists."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_...
One other sign of paranoia is the belief the rest of the world is behind them. It goes with the delusion of grandeur.
I suppose you believe everyone will follow you on your path to victory and glory?
Your previous post stated that Atheists comprised an estimated 2.01%

Take a look at the statistics for China
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Chin...

53.41% of the population are either agnostic or atheist,
The population is 1.351 billion as of 2012, that is about 10% of the WORLD population. That one country alone shows you 2,01% is incorrect

Take a look at the statistics for Europe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Euro...
That continent alone

Both prove the 2% figure to be godbot wishfull thinking.

I don’t really give a damn what you are presenting it for, it is a lie. End of story

#182773 Nov 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I prefer to count "non believers" because dishonest cu*ts like Dave will use the restrictive "100% no possibility of any form of deity" definition of Atheism to further their lies.
<quoted text>
That’s because dave and his cronies are liars

#182774 Nov 5, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>True enough. And that doesn't take account of all the people who indicate a religious belief in a census but have none. I was a "Christian" in the 2001 census and I haven't believed in any of the currently defined gods since I was in my early teens or younger.
I too was a christian as a child and christened.

I have on several occasions requested that the church remove me from their list of those christened and they refuse. Therefore I am still counted christian by their calculations

I wonder how many more people are in a similar situation

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#182775 Nov 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I too was a christian as a child and christened.
I have on several occasions requested that the church remove me from their list of those christened and they refuse. Therefore I am still counted christian by their calculations
I wonder how many more people are in a similar situation
You should worry more about those that have listed you as a fruitcake.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#182776 Nov 5, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Your atheist buddy Hitler seemed to see things your way?
Atheism outlawed in Nazi Germany = Case closed he was a Christian

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#182777 Nov 5, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, there's a clincher. I never knew free thought was banned in Germany under Hitler, but here it is...

During negotiations leading to the Nazi-Vatican Concordat of April 26, 1933 Hitler stated that "Secular schools can never be tolerated" because of their irreligious tendencies.[20] In a speech made later in 1933, Hitler claimed to have "stamped [Gottlosenbewegung] it out".[15] The word Hitler used, "Gottlosenbewegung", refers specifically to the communist freethought movement, not atheism in general

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimination_a...

That just blows the doors off these Christians who say Hitler was atheist.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#182778 Nov 5, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
His Opinions are amusing but prove nothing about atheist philosophy. Just another dance around the truth.
Hitler on atheism:
“Christianity is a rebellion against natural law, a protest against nature. Taken to its logical extreme, Christianity would mean the systematic cultivation of the human failure.”-Hitler’s Table Talk, pg 51
“By nature the Duce is a freethinker, but he decided to choose the path of concessions. For my part, in his place I’d have taken the path of revolution. I’d have entered the Vatican and thrown everybody out—reserving the right to apologise later:“Excuse me, it was a mistake.” But the result would have been, they’d have been outside!”-Hitler’s Table Talk, pg 145
We were convinced that the people need and require this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out.

- Adolf Hitler, Speech in Berlin, October 24, 1933

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Thinking

UK

#182780 Nov 5, 2013
Dave loves to vote for himself - now that is sad.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>And you epitomize it
Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology
Get over it.
Thinking

UK

#182781 Nov 5, 2013
Hitler needed people to be religious and gullible to murder on his behalf.

Freethinkers were never welcome.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, there's a clincher. I never knew free thought was banned in Germany under Hitler, but here it is...
During negotiations leading to the Nazi-Vatican Concordat of April 26, 1933 Hitler stated that "Secular schools can never be tolerated" because of their irreligious tendencies.[20] In a speech made later in 1933, Hitler claimed to have "stamped [Gottlosenbewegung] it out".[15] The word Hitler used, "Gottlosenbewegung", refers specifically to the communist freethought movement, not atheism in general

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#182783 Nov 5, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
Hi everybody. I'm back. I didn't die, just took a long sabbatical of sorts. Anything new?
Not much, other than River Tam's tatoo.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#182784 Nov 5, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, Sikko.

Hitler despised Christianity.

He was a Darwinist.

Nuremberg documents settled the question.

Wise up, moron.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Alarice

Buffalo, NY

#182785 Nov 5, 2013
Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life in these forums

Location hidden

#182786 Nov 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was not an atheist. He was not a Christian, either.

The record shows Hitler's beliefs clearly.

No mystery here.

He was an occultist and he was a Darwinist.

His designs for the holocaust were based on evolution theory.

I'm just the messenger.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#182787 Nov 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much, other than River Tam's tatoo.
"tatoo" is a variant of tattoo employed by the ignorant and/or lazy who can't be bothered checking on the accuracy of their grammar and spelling.

You are disrespecting River Tam by your laziness, as we know you are a lawyer and should be more detail oriented. I am sure she treasures that tattoo, as she did have to choose the design, and suffer the pain of having it embedde3d into her sweet and tender ass. So not only are you displaying ignorance and/or laziness, but also indifference to her feelings in a callous and cavalier manner. Very insensitive of you.

You, sir, are a cad. You should be ostracized by civil society, and even the Topix forums.

Now apologize to her.

Location hidden

#182788 Nov 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I prefer to count "non believers" because dishonest cu*ts like Dave will use the restrictive "100% no possibility of any form of deity" definition of Atheism to further their lies.
<quoted text>
There is no such definition of atheism. Never seen it used.

The actual definition is "the belief that no god exists".

It is not certitude that defines atheism; it is belief.

Same as any other belief.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#182789 Nov 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"tatoo" is a variant of tattoo employed by the ignorant and/or lazy who can't be bothered checking on the accuracy of their grammar and spelling.
You are disrespecting River Tam by your laziness, as we know you are a lawyer and should be more detail oriented. I am sure she treasures that tattoo, as she did have to choose the design, and suffer the pain of having it embedde3d into her sweet and tender ass. So not only are you displaying ignorance and/or laziness, but also indifference to her feelings in a callous and cavalier manner. Very insensitive of you.
You, sir, are a cad. You should be ostracized by civil society, and even the Topix forums.
Now apologize to her.
"Tattoo" is not the type of word lawyers learn to spell.

I bet he never misspells "slip and fall".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#182790 Nov 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I ply my trade to uphold the rights of all people.
You should find your teddy bear and get some sleep.
You may wake up refreshed tomorrow, and realize there's a difference between stripped and striped.
:)
I got both one time in a holding cell in Georgia.

4 guards stripped my clothes and striped my ass with a strap.

"Stripped, striped, and strapped".

One of them took my prior actions personal. He was speaking from the place of his broken nose and teeth. Literally.

Thin-skinned, I say.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#182791 Nov 5, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
"Tattoo" is not the type of word lawyers learn to spell.
I bet he never misspells "slip and fall".
He did it as an intentional act of disrespect. He is too elite in his attitude to respect the feelings of a young girl raised by missionaries, and in fact that may be the cause for that deliberate act. A real piece of work.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#182792 Nov 5, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Interjecting this post of yours that you left off with Bob.
Think, of what your religion did to the world, look at historical facts? No wonder they are complaining...? Are you afraid to talk about your religion fanatisicm? Are you not in the know what your religion did ? Or , you can't come clean about your religion? What the reasons you are protecting your religion, has it done anything to deserve its respect from the world or those our Americans in know about its past ugly history? So?
Please answer if you have not thing to hide?
i keep at this until you answer every questions on the list!
Don't you just love Socratic inquisition?
have you used you critical reasoning skills and do have empathy for humanity, you another right wing christians who abuse its own religion and used to serve your soulless selfishness? Are you afraid to answer my questions? So? Do i make you uneasy with all these questions? more to come? Come , if you are a good christain ,so you say? i doubt you intentions , as you say who you are a good Christian? So, you swear on your Bible?
Bahahhaahhaaaaaa
You stole my laugh, Shit Hog.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min cpeter1313 306,997
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Smart Alex 1,154,215
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 14 min Joe fortuna 201,175
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 46 min Bruin Nation 28,403
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 2,686
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 21 hr Roy the Boy 691
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Dec 16 The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web