Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#182743 Nov 5, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a tattoo on my left ass cheek.
cool. i've never gotten one, myself, but I enjoy seeing pretty ones on pretty ladies.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#182744 Nov 5, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>God's real, the rapture just occurred. We're still stuck here.
Oh,,yeah, same ol' same ol', then, eh?

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#182745 Nov 5, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
cool. i've never gotten one, myself, but I enjoy seeing pretty ones on pretty ladies.
It's just words.

It says, "Stop looking at my ass you fuckinpervert"

:-)

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#182746 Nov 5, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just words.
It says, "Stop looking at my ass you fuckinpervert"
:-)
My son has on that has your name on it.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#182747 Nov 5, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need my liver in the next life, so it seems logical to get the maximum use out of it.
The way I use it is enjoyable. Seems like my business.
And it seems that you don’t need you mind in this life

Anyway, how do you know what you will use in your next life? More imaginings?

Given your propensity for violence, alcohol and rape I guess the best place for you would be Valhalla –Hail Odin

The moment you start spouting about what you drink and who you beat to pulp on a public thread you make it everyone’s business

#182748 Nov 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just saying you are confused.
Thanks for reminding me. I just noticed I am almost out of cigarettes. Gotta go.
Nope, perfectly enlightened

#182749 Nov 5, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>You can make hallucinogens out of rye bread. just so ya know.
I knew, but not into eating mould, like some fungi, tried smut one but not mould

Was perhaps the reason the Salam which horrors

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#182750 Nov 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
My son has on that has your name on it.
I'm quite popular.

#182751 Nov 5, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxygen is a hallucinogen for Christine.
Yes how clever of you (LOL), oxygen can cause hallucinations, however I don’t have any emphysema like illness so it’s more likely to be lack of oxygen because.

Stupidity is a hallucinogen for you

#182752 Nov 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>lol
Yep, all that hyperventilating only inflames her hydrocephalus.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_ (emotion)#Symptoms_and_effects "
Maybe if she could get a grip on her tunnel vision problem her brain won't catch fire. OTOH, never mind, turn up the oxygen tank. ;)
You too are ignorant of the medical limitations of oxygen, how heart warming
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#182753 Nov 5, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
Hi everybody. I'm back. I didn't die, just took a long sabbatical of sorts. Anything new?
In the UK, the Scouts and Guides have finally dropped god from the "Promise". Now we just have to get the Queen out of it. They would be better to teach children that adults shouldn't try to put words into their mouths like that.(Not sure how long you were gone)

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#182754 Nov 5, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm quite popular.
Don't get too excited , he had me going over it.
Came in and said I got your name tattooed on my ass, I probably turn 5 shades of red asking...what? No you don't....then he says
the tattoo says "YOUR NAME" lol
Great to win money at the bar with..lmao

#182755 Nov 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You're forgetting your favorite goddessbot, Kaitlyn, who sits around fantasizing about other posters eating razor blades and jumping off bridges with a noose around their neck.
Stuff it, cheese eater.
Nope, not forgetting anyone, you seem to have a very limited view of what I think about, not surprising really but it never stops you from guessing and sticking your foot in your mouth every time you speak

I eat a lot of things, some cheeses, I have eaten snake and smut (look it up), would love to try christian brain, but don’t worry, you would not have enough for a light snack.

Perhaps you are lying, with your last comment, lies based on more ignorance.

Or perhaps you are being anti french?

Honey you don’t even understand the stupidity of what you said. In either sense it is totally moronic, but no more than expected.

#182756 Nov 5, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
... mmmmm... sounds delish.
I'll have to try that.
It is, I think local French goats cheese best, unfortunately rye bread is like hens teeth in France and they have stopped allowing fresh foods through customs so I am stuck. In the UK I have to use “whatever” goats cheese I can find (and the figs are not so good either) and in France perhaps a baguette or pain de campagne.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#182757 Nov 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, perfectly enlightened
Uh huh.

Lovey, take a look at percentages of the global population that are classified as having a mental disorder. Some range fairly high. Schizophrenia runs about .7 percent, paranoia much higher, personality disorders even higher.

Understand those are classified as being a bit nuts by medical standards.

Atheists are 2% of the population. They are convinced others are out to get them, and that they alone "know the truth". I guess enlightened would be another term for that truth. Plus they want to kill religion and lead the mental deficients who believed in them down the proper path. All 98% of the population.

Hmmmmmm.......

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Thinking

UK

#182758 Nov 5, 2013
Bollocks.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are 2% of the population.

#182759 Nov 5, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry you had to endure that-- but, the christian philosophy **does** enable the worst in people.
That old "Jesus forgive" thing again-- there is zero incentive to behave ethically towards anyone else-- they have an instant "get out of jail free" magical spell.
.. meh.
I have found a somewhat different experience-- yes, I've run into a few azzholes who were **always** christians.
But for the most part? People put on their "christian coat" when it suits them, and never-ever let it interfere with their day-to-day routines.
Such folk? Tend to be mostly good, and do mostly nice things--- they just wish to live their lives, have sufficient food, raise their babies in relative peace, and not have leaky roofs.
Give the majority of folk those things? They will be ... relatively happy. ;)(alliterative word use relatively deliberate) <heh>
If only the branch of christianity that **stressed** doing good works, had been the winner in the early dogma wars...!
What a **different** world we'd have today--if that were the case.
...*sigh*
My best friend is chrsitian, real christian and she despairs at some of the ones who call themselves christian on here. Other than daily life contacts (I can not call many other christians friend) I have met quite a few christians from everyday people right up to high flying to notch church management.

I agree with much of what you say, the problem is that many of the “everyday people”(certainly on topix and to a lesser extent in life) tend to wear their “christian cloak” at the slightest excuse. Gives them something they believe to be tangible that they can hide behind. And for sure several of the ones I know do allow their belief to interfere with their daily lives.

The contradiction is that the higher one looks into the church the less reliance on the christian cloak you find. They tend to see it as a job but for some reason do not consider the hypocrisy.

Location hidden

#182760 Nov 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Bollocks.
<quoted text>
"Atheists comprised an estimated 2.01%, and non-religious a further 9.66% of the world population, according to The World Factbook in 2010."

"Studies and statistics

The demographics of atheism are substantially difficult to quantify. Different people interpret atheism and related terms differently, and it can be hard to draw boundaries between atheism, nonreligious beliefs, and nontheistic religious and spiritual beliefs. Furthermore, atheists may not report themselves as such, to prevent suffering from social stigma, discrimination, and persecution in some countries.[8]

Because some governments have strongly promoted atheism and others have strongly condemned it, atheism may be either over-reported or under-reported for different countries. There is a great deal of room for debate as to the accuracy of any method of estimation, as the opportunity for misreporting (intentionally or not) a category of people without an organizational structure is high. Also, many surveys on religious identification ask people to identify themselves as "agnostics" or "atheists", which is potentially confusing, since these terms are interpreted differently, with some identifying themselves as being agnostic atheists. Additionally, many of these surveys only gauge the number of irreligious people, not the number of actual atheists, or group the two together. For example, research indicates that the fastest growing religious status may be "no religion" in the United States, but this includes all kinds of atheists, agnostics, and theists.[9][10] Non-religious people make up 9.66%, while one fifth of them are atheists."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_...

One other sign of paranoia is the belief the rest of the world is behind them. It goes with the delusion of grandeur.

I suppose you believe everyone will follow you on your path to victory and glory?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#182761 Nov 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh.
Lovey, take a look at percentages of the global population that are classified as having a mental disorder. Some range fairly high. Schizophrenia runs about .7 percent, paranoia much higher, personality disorders even higher.
Understand those are classified as being a bit nuts by medical standards.
Atheists are 2% of the population. They are convinced others are out to get them, and that they alone "know the truth". I guess enlightened would be another term for that truth. Plus they want to kill religion and lead the mental deficients who believed in them down the proper path. All 98% of the population.
Hmmmmmm.......
Take a look at China - 20% of the worlds population and over half - that is more than 10% of the worlds atheist palpation lives in the one country – so that one country alone makes a mockery of your lies.

Then of course there are the other countries and continents. More than 30% of Europe is atheist and Europe accounts for about 15% of the world’s population

Then Russia, around 13% of 145 million

Then America which actually is about 2%, perhaps this is where you are getting your figures, That great CIA screw up lie. But of course you believe that the US is the world and nothing exists outside that fooking big wall you call a border so the CIA must be right – right?

The total comes to around 18.6%

So that’s lie 1.

Lie 2, atheist are not convinced godbots are out to get them, that’s is pure projection. Atheist don’t really care what you want to believe just so long as you don’t attempt to ram it down their throat accompanied by threats. However when you do then please don’t be suppressed if the kick you in the balls.

98% lie 3

Not doing so well this morning are you dave?

Location hidden

#182762 Nov 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a look at China - 20% of the worlds population and over half - that is more than 10% of the worlds atheist palpation lives in the one country – so that one country alone makes a mockery of your lies.
Then of course there are the other countries and continents. More than 30% of Europe is atheist and Europe accounts for about 15% of the world’s population
Then Russia, around 13% of 145 million
Then America which actually is about 2%, perhaps this is where you are getting your figures, That great CIA screw up lie. But of course you believe that the US is the world and nothing exists outside that fooking big wall you call a border so the CIA must be right – right?
The total comes to around 18.6%
So that’s lie 1.
Lie 2, atheist are not convinced godbots are out to get them, that’s is pure projection. Atheist don’t really care what you want to believe just so long as you don’t attempt to ram it down their throat accompanied by threats. However when you do then please don’t be suppressed if the kick you in the balls.
98% lie 3
Not doing so well this morning are you dave?
Read my previous post.

Also, consider there is an extremely minute portion of those who identify as atheists that get on forums such as this or other venues railing against the "evils" of religion.

Look up the definition of paranoia.

I am not presenting this to convince you, sweetie. Given the realities, that could not be effected without some professional help and administration of controlled substances. It is just to point out some rather obvious symptoms prevalent within the Topix atheist community to those more capable of rational discernment of reality than they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min mdbuilder 1,110,721
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 min PEE PEE PETE 27,408
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 54 min Junket 305,656
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr packo durms 200,972
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••