Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 245025 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#182818 Nov 5, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I got both one time in a holding cell in Georgia.
4 guards stripped my clothes and striped my ass with a strap.
"Stripped, striped, and strapped".
One of them took my prior actions personal. He was speaking from the place of his broken nose and teeth. Literally.
Thin-skinned, I say.
Same happened to me in Kentucky. 10 State cops tried to throw me in a cell, I broke 8 arms that night, put 4 out of business, when I was through the cell floor was littered with broken teeth and covered with blood. I simple left then ALL whimpering, and walked out, got in my car and resumed my trip. I think I broke one knuckle, but thats it!!!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#182819 Nov 5, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a tattoo on my left ass cheek.
I get enough holes in my hide accidentally.

Don't need to add any on purpouse - but I can admire the artwork.

The Borderland of Sol

#182820 Nov 5, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just words.
It says, "Stop looking at my ass you fuckinpervert"
:-)
Erm, no?

LOL
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182821 Nov 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You poor, ignorant, uneducated, closed-minded, unintelligent bottom-feeding Eagle.
I don't remember if I white-sheeted you already.
If I did, I shouldn't even be posting to you.
But I won't be posting to you any more.
The Catcher white sheet has fallen on you.
Have a nice life.
I don’t care because I still love you in my heart and I always will. How does one love someone who hates them? It’s easy you just don’t hate back.

Fowler, CO

#182822 Nov 5, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, "belief' is a POSITIVE position, Lack of belief is a NEGATIVE position. Atheists Lack a belief due to the absent's of evidence. Atheism is a NEGATIVE.
BINGO!!!!

The Borderland of Sol

#182823 Nov 5, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Here we go again. I don't think you deliberately mislead, but for some reason feel desperate to believe there's a god.
Who in their right mind seriously believes that a god sent a prophet to Earth? That rules out an belief by most people in an Abrahamic god. So we aren't talking about widespread belief in a literally Abrahmic god.
So if we assume that most people don't believe in an Abrahmic god or any of these...
http://www.godchecker.com/
Where does this much-quoted figure of 2% come from? According you your source, it is the World Factbook..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_Factbo...
Analysis of how they arrived at that figure isn't easy to say, but if they used things like the UK's 2001 or 2011 census, they would have been wildly mislead about the country I live in.
The evidence seems overwhelming that religion is in decline in all developed countries. In the UK, I think there is little more belief in gods than in pixies. Religion is often more tolerated or ignored than supported, as shown in the decline in Church numbers. In Scotland, more marriages are now conducted by the Humanist Society of Scotland than by the Catholic Church, and that ignores all the humanist and celebrant organisations that do marriages and aren't affiliated with the HSS.
I think non-belief is the rational position and is coming to be the norm amongst educated people who seriously think about the question.
Oh, if anyone produces proof of a deity, I'll believe in it. I'll have to - that's what "proof" means.

Of course, if it's the Abrahamic one, I'm immediately joining the Resistance.

The Borderland of Sol

#182824 Nov 5, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
A look at a list of Eagle 12's uneducated, willfully ignorant, mind numbing slobbering idiocy:
1.) Floating debris from the Japanese tsunami and the Nina, Pinta, and the Santa Maria, are the same as a 400 foot Ark loaded with every animal on the planet along with food for a year.
2.) The ark had a septic system. No reference to this in his holy book, so when questioned decided he'd just make shit up.
3.) When confronted wit the genetic bottle neck problem, he calls scientific FACTS and Genetic research "speculation and unproven."
4.) He doesn't believe his own holy book, says the Noah Flood was "regional" and the animals ONLY from that region.
5) He continues to dispute his holy book by saying the mountain tops were covered in SNOW, even though his holy book says the world was covered in FLOOD WATERS.
6.) Flat out avoided questions on animals needing special diets and animals from down under.
Avoiding questions he know he has no answer for or actually knows they are true, making insane correlations, rejecting scientific facts, and when backed into a corner (most of the time) he turns on his own holy book reinterpreting the actual words to shape his own conclusions.
Dishonest, ignorant, and deceitful, he has NO redeeming qualities whatsoever.
One wonders how many growing eucalyptus trees would be required to feed two (or seven) koalas....

The Borderland of Sol

#182825 Nov 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much, other than River Tam's tatoo.
It's a firefly.

Or so I've heard.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#182826 Nov 5, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, "belief' is a POSITIVE position, Lack of belief is a NEGATIVE position. Atheists Lack a belief due to the absent's of evidence. Atheism is a NEGATIVE.
theos - "god" (greek)

a + theos - "no god"

a-theos-ism - "belief there is no god"

atheism - the belief that there is no god.

You are a fuckingidiot.

Location hidden

#182827 Nov 5, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Same happened to me in Kentucky. 10 State cops tried to throw me in a cell, I broke 8 arms that night, put 4 out of business, when I was through the cell floor was littered with broken teeth and covered with blood. I simple left then ALL whimpering, and walked out, got in my car and resumed my trip. I think I broke one knuckle, but thats it!!!
A Kentucky cop wouldn't arrest a Boston sissy like you.

He'd shoot you and feed you to pigs.

If they couldn't eat you, they would at least cover you in shit.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#182828 Nov 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have physical issues affecting my typing, not the moral issues you have.
Taking a cheap shot at a sweet young girl.
When you live in a glass house, you should be super careful before flinging your pebbles.

It can come back and bite you.

I do accept your apology.

Just don't do it again.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182829 Nov 5, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
A look at a list of Eagle 12's uneducated, willfully ignorant, mind numbing slobbering idiocy:
1.) Floating debris from the Japanese tsunami and the Nina, Pinta, and the Santa Maria, are the same as a 400 foot Ark loaded with every animal on the planet along with food for a year.
2.) The ark had a septic system. No reference to this in his holy book, so when questioned decided he'd just make shit up.
3.) When confronted wit the genetic bottle neck problem, he calls scientific FACTS and Genetic research "speculation and unproven."
4.) He doesn't believe his own holy book, says the Noah Flood was "regional" and the animals ONLY from that region.
5) He continues to dispute his holy book by saying the mountain tops were covered in SNOW, even though his holy book says the world was covered in FLOOD WATERS.
6.) Flat out avoided questions on animals needing special diets and animals from down under.
Avoiding questions he know he has no answer for or actually knows they are true, making insane correlations, rejecting scientific facts, and when backed into a corner (most of the time) he turns on his own holy book reinterpreting the actual words to shape his own conclusions.
Dishonest, ignorant, and deceitful, he has NO redeeming qualities whatsoever.
I see, while we were dancing I must have stepped on your toes.

I must inform you that I do not see you as an enemy as obviously see me. This is why I prefer not to use personal degrading comments to you.

In the old days two opponents would choose a duel to the end. Walk so many paces and then turn around and shoot their opponent. Sometimes both would be shot and die.
Not really a good way to solve disputes or differences.

You are probably a much better shot anyway. I would certainly fall shortly after the duel. Anger, hate, violence, vile words and attacks serve very little if you step back and look at it all. It’s how wars are started and how neighbors are killed.

As we communicate back and forth one of us must act educated my good Doctor. Distinguish ourselves from undignified comments. With that being said Sir, I tip my hat to you. You’re always a worthy opponent.

[tipping hat].

Location hidden

#182830 Nov 5, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
The etymological root of atheism is "atheos".

It means "no god".

Then add "ism".

You are a moron.

Location hidden

#182831 Nov 5, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar and you get your lies from creationist websites
Seiko, you get yours from your ass.

You have to keep a whistle in your mouth to blow so you know which end is your ass.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#182832 Nov 5, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It means "no god".
Then add "ism".
You are a moron.
Wrong!

Atheos From Ancient Greek &#7940;&#952;&#949 ;&#959;&#962; (atheos,“godless, without a god”).

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#182833 Nov 5, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
theos - "god" (greek)
a + theos - "no god"
a-theos-ism - "belief there is no god"
atheism - the belief that there is no god.
You are a fuckingidiot.
Atheism is a simple disbelief in the stupid made up sh*t you liars invent.

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#182834 Nov 5, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Seiko, you get yours from your ass.
You have to keep a whistle in your mouth to blow so you know which end is your ass.
You have shit for brains you ugly little useless inbread liar!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#182835 Nov 5, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It means "no god".
Then add "ism".
You are a moron.
Says the village idiot with no proof of god.

Location hidden

#182836 Nov 5, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your ilk quote mine hitlers book
I don't have an ilk, Don Ho.

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#182837 Nov 5, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
You have shit for brains you ugly little useless inbread liar!
*inbred (stupid windows)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min red and right 1,263,931
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 28 min DAVID27 310,352
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr stewart scott 29,854
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 hr Earthling-1 6,488
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 11 hr Brian_G 1,716
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Fri bernarlyn 33
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 29 RiccardoFire 201,846
More from around the web