Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#182709 Nov 4, 2013
Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Where'd the water come from and then where did it all go to? The Earth is a closed system, all the water that evaporates eventually comes back down as rain. If you have a logical answer to this question I swear I'll go to church on Sunday and sing praises to the Lord.(Even though I can never actually be saved because on numerous occasions I have blasphemed the Holy Spirit, and usually in a very vile and demeaning manner.)
Save yourself so time and energy, I and many of us here have gone over and over all of these points. He'll reject everything you bring up and try desperately to deflect any indisputable facts. He had a major problem with processing information especially anything scientific. Example, he'll bring up the huge greek warship that was well over 400 feet long as an example of a wooden boat that could float. The boat was used as a SHOWPIECE, and NEVER went to sea, and was moved only with great difficulty and danger. I brought this up to him and told him to try and make a comparison between this boat and an Ark filled with animals and supplies at sea for a year was an impossible correlation. he turned a deaf ear and I see he is posting that same bullshit to you. That, and wooded boat over 400 feet needed to be reenforced with steel rod and iron brackets, also was ignored. His delusions are to deeply embedded, they have robbed his of any reason and logic. he will simply ignore the fact the sun will rise tomorrow, he is that stupid.

Just trying to save you from being totally frustrated wit this idiot. Good luck

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182710 Nov 4, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism,
Your carefully edited lie is unread, as usual.

You operate in a near-vacuum of your own, false, personal opinion.

As previously said? You are a mindless process.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182711 Nov 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds nice, one of my fav’s is fresh goats cheese (still runny) and warm fig with salad on rye.
... mmmmm... sounds delish.

I'll have to try that.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182712 Nov 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
It is quite amazing that of the real “bad” people I have had the misfortune to meet in my life, by far the vast majority have been christian. In my life I have encountered four really traumatic and horrific (3 of which were life threatening) events, all four instigated by christians
Having said that there are a few good christian, but in my experience, only a few.
Take a look at these threads and count the good ones against the run of the mill others, I can count the good ones I have communicated with on the fingers of one finger.
I am sorry you had to endure that-- but, the christian philosophy **does** enable the worst in people.

That old "Jesus forgive" thing again-- there is zero incentive to behave ethically towards anyone else-- they have an instant "get out of jail free" magical spell.

.. meh.

I have found a somewhat different experience-- yes, I've run into a few azzholes who were **always** christians.

But for the most part? People put on their "christian coat" when it suits them, and never-ever let it interfere with their day-to-day routines.

Such folk? Tend to be mostly good, and do mostly nice things--- they just wish to live their lives, have sufficient food, raise their babies in relative peace, and not have leaky roofs.

Give the majority of folk those things? They will be ... relatively happy. ;)(alliterative word use relatively deliberate) <heh>

If only the branch of christianity that **stressed** doing good works, had been the winner in the early dogma wars...!

What a **different** world we'd have today--if that were the case.

...*sigh*

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182713 Nov 4, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are inspiring.
Logging on this morning I see your avatar and and posts. Out of the blue an inspiration hits me. The perfect model for The Mindless Idiot Typing Doll". Just in time for Christmas. Complete with your avatar and postings programmed in. Connect to a computer with a USB cable, switch it on, then tap its head, then watch it furiously type nonsense while it bounces up and down with its mouth working furiously. There will be no sound, after all this is aimed at kids. While it would be gibberish, there is the random words kids shouldn't hear issue.
Gee, should be no trademark or copyright issues, either.
Your hate and extreme jealousy is duly noted.

I'm so sorry for your loss of sanity and empathy.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#182714 Nov 4, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hate and extreme jealousy is duly noted.
I'm so sorry for your loss of sanity and empathy.
The Bouncing Bob Quantum Leaps Of Faith Doll.

Watch it spew random thoughts while keeping your chair dusted.

Hmmm....a multiuse item. Can be sold in toy, houseware, and hardware stores.

Seed stores, too. Should keep crows away.

A critter ridder!!! Thousand of uses.

Judged:

18

18

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#182715 Nov 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Another baseless claim?
What IS it with you people?
Provide evidence that there would still be people alive and with arms and legs still attached if God was watching over.
In turn, provide evidence that God WASN'T watching over, which is why people aren't alive and with arms and legs not attached....
It's your claim. It's your onus.
Go.
Your demon God is said to answer prayers, millions of people pray everyday to your God thing, they pray for all sorts of things, millions pray for God to watch overt them and keep them and the ones they love SAFE from harm. I'll use your baseless and delusional logic here, if millions upon millions of people ask this God for protection then he MUST be real. And if real, and is said to answer prayers it is logical for him to protect his most prized creations, why wouldn't he?

So if God is real and answers prayers, and millions ask for his protection, and he doesn't answer these prayers and protect those who pray, then only three things are possible. 1.) Your God is unable to protect these people who ask. 2.) Your God doesn't give a shit. 3) Your God is non-existent. Pick one skippy!!!!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182716 Nov 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is stripped sunshine, sunshine?
It’s good you haven’t experienced stripped sunshine.

Stripped sunshine is caused by sunlight passing through prison bars.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182717 Nov 4, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Your demon God is said to answer prayers, millions of people pray everyday to your God thing, they pray for all sorts of things, millions pray for God to watch overt them and keep them and the ones they love SAFE from harm. I'll use your baseless and delusional logic here, if millions upon millions of people ask this God for protection then he MUST be real. And if real, and is said to answer prayers it is logical for him to protect his most prized creations, why wouldn't he?
So if God is real and answers prayers, and millions ask for his protection, and he doesn't answer these prayers and protect those who pray, then only three things are possible. 1.) Your God is unable to protect these people who ask. 2.) Your God doesn't give a shit. 3) Your God is non-existent. Pick one skippy!!!!
One time I took my kids to Toys-R-Us. Guess what? They wanted everything, the whole store! All ten million toys.

Now even if I could have afforded to buy everything in the store. I wouldn’t have because it’s never a good idea to give your kids everything they want.

God is a father and thinks like a father. He gives you what you need and sometimes something extra. But he doesn’t give you everything you lay your eyes on.

As far as protection, we have the entire 91st Psalm. He gave that to us who believe on him.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#182718 Nov 4, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s good you haven’t experienced stripped sunshine.
Stripped sunshine is caused by sunlight passing through prison bars.
So what would striped sunshine be?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#182719 Nov 4, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
One time I took my kids to Toys-R-Us. Guess what? They wanted everything, the whole store! All ten million toys.
Now even if I could have afforded to buy everything in the store. I wouldn’t have because it’s never a good idea to give your kids everything they want.
God is a father and thinks like a father. He gives you what you need and sometimes something extra. But he doesn’t give you everything you lay your eyes on.
As far as protection, we have the entire 91st Psalm. He gave that to us who believe on him.
If God is a father, why do so many Christians object when he's referred to as a skydaddy?
LCNLin

United States

#182720 Nov 4, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Your demon God is said to answer prayers, millions of people pray everyday to your God thing, they pray for all sorts of things, millions pray for God to watch overt them and keep them and the ones they love SAFE from harm. I'll use your baseless and delusional logic here, if millions upon millions of people ask this God for protection then he MUST be real. And if real, and is said to answer prayers it is logical for him to protect his most prized creations, why wouldn't he?
So if God is real and answers prayers, and millions ask for his protection, and he doesn't answer these prayers and protect those who pray, then only three things are possible. 1.) Your God is unable to protect these people who ask. 2.) Your God doesn't give a shit. 3) Your God is non-existent. Pick one skippy!!!!
His Opinions are amusing but prove nothing about atheist philosophy. Just another dance around the truth.

Hitler on atheism:

“Christianity is a rebellion against natural law, a protest against nature. Taken to its logical extreme, Christianity would mean the systematic cultivation of the human failure.”-Hitler’s Table Talk, pg 51

“By nature the Duce is a freethinker, but he decided to choose the path of concessions. For my part, in his place I’d have taken the path of revolution. I’d have entered the Vatican and thrown everybody out—reserving the right to apologise later:“Excuse me, it was a mistake.” But the result would have been, they’d have been outside!”-Hitler’s Table Talk, pg 145

Judged:

14

14

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#182721 Nov 4, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s good you haven’t experienced stripped sunshine.
Stripped sunshine is caused by sunlight passing through prison bars.
There just ain't no end to wilderness of you fundies.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#182723 Nov 4, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
One time I took my kids to Toys-R-Us. Guess what? They wanted everything, the whole store! All ten million toys.
Now even if I could have afforded to buy everything in the store. I wouldn’t have because it’s never a good idea to give your kids everything they want.
God is a father and thinks like a father. He gives you what you need and sometimes something extra. But he doesn’t give you everything you lay your eyes on.
As far as protection, we have the entire 91st Psalm. He gave that to us who believe on him.
You have the mind of afuckinchild....piss off!!!!!!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182724 Nov 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If God is a father, why do so many Christians object when he's referred to as a skydaddy?
Christians realize the term “Skydaddy,” is only used by Atheist to ridicule and demean. Just like when the term fundie and godbot is used.

Similar to how some people refer to civil lawyers as “leeches and bloodsuckers.”

Of course there are many other degrading terms that we could mention that also are meant to offend one’s ethnicity for example not just one’s faith.

Some people just enjoy trying to hurt someone else. This lack of respect for others magnifies the problem in our society with bullies. Hurting others for self gratification.

So how does one stop a bully?

It’s a real concern because so many victims have realized they have access to guns and other implements that can also harm. Even if the harm is to themselves.

Here on topix there’s the relative safety behind anonymity. But a lot of people don’t have this kind of obscurity as face book and twitter have shown. There have been many cases where the victim decides to take their own life because of bullies.

Yet bullies continue to sharpen their craft.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182725 Nov 4, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You have the mind of afuckinchild....piss off!!!!!!
There’s something about when a grandfather see’s his grandson playing and both their eyes meet followed by smiles.

Or when a Grandmother see’s her granddaughter playing house and they both stop and smile.

Because in all of us decent people there lays in our heart the mind of a little child.

I sincerely thank you my good Doctor.[tipping hat].

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182726 Nov 4, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bouncing Bob Quantum Leaps Of Faith Doll.
Watch it spew random thoughts while keeping your chair dusted.
Hmmm....a multiuse item. Can be sold in toy, houseware, and hardware stores.
Seed stores, too. Should keep crows away.
A critter ridder!!! Thousand of uses.
Your hate and extreme jealousy is duly noted.

You have less empathy than a rock.

I'm so sorry for your loss of humanity.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182727 Nov 4, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
One time I took my kids to Toys-R-Us. Guess what? They wanted everything, the whole store! All ten million toys.
Now even if I could have afforded to buy everything in the store. I wouldn’t have because it’s never a good idea to give your kids everything they want.
God is a father and thinks like a father. He gives you what you need and sometimes something extra. But he doesn’t give you everything you lay your eyes on.
As far as protection, we have the entire 91st Psalm. He gave that to us who believe on him.
I don't ask for anything for myself-- all I ask?

Is that small children world-wide never have to face starvation.

Too much for your ugly little do-nothing god?

Obviously.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182728 Nov 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what would striped sunshine be?
Oh my [blushing], gosh darn it.

Look at you so proud of yourself.

[tipping hat]

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#182729 Nov 4, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians realize the term “Skydaddy,” is only used by Atheist to ridicule and demean. Just like when the term fundie and godbot is used.
Similar to how some people refer to civil lawyers as “leeches and bloodsuckers.”
Of course there are many other degrading terms that we could mention that also are meant to offend one’s ethnicity for example not just one’s faith.
Some people just enjoy trying to hurt someone else. This lack of respect for others magnifies the problem in our society with bullies. Hurting others for self gratification.
So how does one stop a bully?
It’s a real concern because so many victims have realized they have access to guns and other implements that can also harm. Even if the harm is to themselves.
Here on topix there’s the relative safety behind anonymity. But a lot of people don’t have this kind of obscurity as face book and twitter have shown. There have been many cases where the victim decides to take their own life because of bullies.
Yet bullies continue to sharpen their craft.
I ply my trade to uphold the rights of all people.

You should find your teddy bear and get some sleep.

You may wake up refreshed tomorrow, and realize there's a difference between stripped and striped.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Incognito4Ever 1,154,049
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 7 min LonePalm 2,678
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 24 min Roy the Boy 690
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 35 min Joe fortuna 201,168
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin Nation 28,392
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Brian_G 306,984
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Dec 16 The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web