Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 239857 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#182701 Nov 4, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, some witticism in there.
Old lawyer joke, eh?
COUNSEL: What gear were you in at the moment of the impact?

WITNESS: Gucci sweats and Reeboks.

Since: Sep 08

Fowler, CO

#182702 Nov 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
COUNSEL: What gear were you in at the moment of the impact?
WITNESS: Gucci sweats and Reeboks.
Funny jokes. Keep them coming. We love it when you exhibit some socially redeeming value.

Judged:

13

13

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#182704 Nov 4, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need my liver in the next life, so it seems logical to get the maximum use out of it.
The way I use it is enjoyable. Seems like my business.
No such thing as god, you can use judge icons all you like, but you are cowards with no proof, who lie 24 hours a day about god.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#182705 Nov 4, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just saying you are confused.
Thanks for reminding me. I just noticed I am almost out of cigarettes. Gotta go.
When you are brave enough to prove the god your cult sent you here to lie about, you will have gained 1/2 balls.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#182706 Nov 4, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny jokes. Keep them coming. We love it when you exhibit some socially redeeming value.
When will you stop lying to society about your imaginary god?

Since: Sep 08

Fowler, CO

#182707 Nov 4, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you are brave enough to prove the god your cult sent you here to lie about, you will have gained 1/2 balls.
Hey, Septic, you have heard that "You are what you eat"?

You claim are an authority when it comes to eating trolls?

They won.
LCNLin

United States

#182708 Nov 4, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you are brave enough to prove the god your cult sent you here to lie about, you will have gained 1/2 balls.
Your atheist buddy Hitler seemed to see things your way?

“…the only way of getting rid of Christianity is to allow it to die little by little.”-Hitler’s Table Talk, pg 61

“It’s Christianity that’s the liar. It’s in perpetual conflict with itself.”-Hitler’s Table Talk, pg 61

“In the long run, National Socialism and religion will no longer be able to exist together.”-Hitler’s Table Talk, pg 6

“Kerrl, with the noblest of intentions, wanted to attempt a synthesis between National Socialism and Christianity. I don’t believe the thing’s possible, and I see the obstacle in Christianity itself.”-Hitler’s Table Talk, pg 145

“As far as we are concerned, we’ve succeeded in chasing the Jews from our midst and excluding Christianity from our political life.”-Hitler’s Table Talk, pg 394

“There is something very unhealthy about Christianity.”-Hitler’s Table Talk, pg 418

“The reason why the ancient world was so pure, light and serene was that it knew nothing of the two great scourges: the pox and Christianity. Christianity is a prototype of Bolshevism: the mobilisation by the Jew of the masses of slaves with the object of undermining society. Thus one understands that the healthy elements of the Roman world were proof against this doctrine.”-Hitler’s Table Talk, pg 75-76

“When all is said, we have no reason to wish that the Italians and Spaniards should free themselves from the drug of Christianity. Let’s be the only people who are immunised against the disease.”-Hitler’s Table Talk, pg 145

“Our epoch will certainly see the end of the disease of Christianity. It will last another hundred years, two hundred years perhaps. My regret will have been that I couldn’t, like whoever the prophet was, behold the promised land from afar. We are entering into a conception of the world that will be a sunny era, an era of tolerance.”-Hitler’s Table Talk, pg 343-344

“Pure Christianity—the Christianity of the catacombs—is concerned with translating the Christian doctrine into facts. It leads quite simply to the annihilation of mankind.”-Hitler’s Table Talk, pg 146
“Christianity is the worst of the regressions that mankind can ever have undergone, and it’s the Jew who, thanks to this diabolic invention, has thrown him back fifteen centuries.”-Hitler’s Table Talk, pg 322

“The heaviest blow that ever struck humanity was the coming of Christianity. Bolshevism is Christianity’s illegitimate child. Both are inventions of the Jew. The deliberate lie in the matter of religion was introduced into the world by Christianity. Bolshevism practises a lie of the same nature, when it claims to bring liberty to men, whereas in reality it seeks only to enslave them. In the ancient world, the relations between men and gods were founded on an instinctive respect. It was a world enlightened by the idea of tolerance. Christianity was the first creed in the world to exterminate its adversaries in the name of love. Its key-note is intolerance.”-Hitler’s Table Talk, pg 7

Judged:

17

17

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#182709 Nov 4, 2013
Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Where'd the water come from and then where did it all go to? The Earth is a closed system, all the water that evaporates eventually comes back down as rain. If you have a logical answer to this question I swear I'll go to church on Sunday and sing praises to the Lord.(Even though I can never actually be saved because on numerous occasions I have blasphemed the Holy Spirit, and usually in a very vile and demeaning manner.)
Save yourself so time and energy, I and many of us here have gone over and over all of these points. He'll reject everything you bring up and try desperately to deflect any indisputable facts. He had a major problem with processing information especially anything scientific. Example, he'll bring up the huge greek warship that was well over 400 feet long as an example of a wooden boat that could float. The boat was used as a SHOWPIECE, and NEVER went to sea, and was moved only with great difficulty and danger. I brought this up to him and told him to try and make a comparison between this boat and an Ark filled with animals and supplies at sea for a year was an impossible correlation. he turned a deaf ear and I see he is posting that same bullshit to you. That, and wooded boat over 400 feet needed to be reenforced with steel rod and iron brackets, also was ignored. His delusions are to deeply embedded, they have robbed his of any reason and logic. he will simply ignore the fact the sun will rise tomorrow, he is that stupid.

Just trying to save you from being totally frustrated wit this idiot. Good luck

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182710 Nov 4, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism,
Your carefully edited lie is unread, as usual.

You operate in a near-vacuum of your own, false, personal opinion.

As previously said? You are a mindless process.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182711 Nov 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds nice, one of my fav’s is fresh goats cheese (still runny) and warm fig with salad on rye.
... mmmmm... sounds delish.

I'll have to try that.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182712 Nov 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
It is quite amazing that of the real “bad” people I have had the misfortune to meet in my life, by far the vast majority have been christian. In my life I have encountered four really traumatic and horrific (3 of which were life threatening) events, all four instigated by christians
Having said that there are a few good christian, but in my experience, only a few.
Take a look at these threads and count the good ones against the run of the mill others, I can count the good ones I have communicated with on the fingers of one finger.
I am sorry you had to endure that-- but, the christian philosophy **does** enable the worst in people.

That old "Jesus forgive" thing again-- there is zero incentive to behave ethically towards anyone else-- they have an instant "get out of jail free" magical spell.

.. meh.

I have found a somewhat different experience-- yes, I've run into a few azzholes who were **always** christians.

But for the most part? People put on their "christian coat" when it suits them, and never-ever let it interfere with their day-to-day routines.

Such folk? Tend to be mostly good, and do mostly nice things--- they just wish to live their lives, have sufficient food, raise their babies in relative peace, and not have leaky roofs.

Give the majority of folk those things? They will be ... relatively happy. ;)(alliterative word use relatively deliberate) <heh>

If only the branch of christianity that **stressed** doing good works, had been the winner in the early dogma wars...!

What a **different** world we'd have today--if that were the case.

...*sigh*

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#182713 Nov 4, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are inspiring.
Logging on this morning I see your avatar and and posts. Out of the blue an inspiration hits me. The perfect model for The Mindless Idiot Typing Doll". Just in time for Christmas. Complete with your avatar and postings programmed in. Connect to a computer with a USB cable, switch it on, then tap its head, then watch it furiously type nonsense while it bounces up and down with its mouth working furiously. There will be no sound, after all this is aimed at kids. While it would be gibberish, there is the random words kids shouldn't hear issue.
Gee, should be no trademark or copyright issues, either.
Your hate and extreme jealousy is duly noted.

I'm so sorry for your loss of sanity and empathy.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 08

Fowler, CO

#182714 Nov 4, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hate and extreme jealousy is duly noted.
I'm so sorry for your loss of sanity and empathy.
The Bouncing Bob Quantum Leaps Of Faith Doll.

Watch it spew random thoughts while keeping your chair dusted.

Hmmm....a multiuse item. Can be sold in toy, houseware, and hardware stores.

Seed stores, too. Should keep crows away.

A critter ridder!!! Thousand of uses.

Judged:

18

18

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#182715 Nov 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Another baseless claim?
What IS it with you people?
Provide evidence that there would still be people alive and with arms and legs still attached if God was watching over.
In turn, provide evidence that God WASN'T watching over, which is why people aren't alive and with arms and legs not attached....
It's your claim. It's your onus.
Go.
Your demon God is said to answer prayers, millions of people pray everyday to your God thing, they pray for all sorts of things, millions pray for God to watch overt them and keep them and the ones they love SAFE from harm. I'll use your baseless and delusional logic here, if millions upon millions of people ask this God for protection then he MUST be real. And if real, and is said to answer prayers it is logical for him to protect his most prized creations, why wouldn't he?

So if God is real and answers prayers, and millions ask for his protection, and he doesn't answer these prayers and protect those who pray, then only three things are possible. 1.) Your God is unable to protect these people who ask. 2.) Your God doesn't give a shit. 3) Your God is non-existent. Pick one skippy!!!!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182716 Nov 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is stripped sunshine, sunshine?
It’s good you haven’t experienced stripped sunshine.

Stripped sunshine is caused by sunlight passing through prison bars.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#182717 Nov 4, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Your demon God is said to answer prayers, millions of people pray everyday to your God thing, they pray for all sorts of things, millions pray for God to watch overt them and keep them and the ones they love SAFE from harm. I'll use your baseless and delusional logic here, if millions upon millions of people ask this God for protection then he MUST be real. And if real, and is said to answer prayers it is logical for him to protect his most prized creations, why wouldn't he?
So if God is real and answers prayers, and millions ask for his protection, and he doesn't answer these prayers and protect those who pray, then only three things are possible. 1.) Your God is unable to protect these people who ask. 2.) Your God doesn't give a shit. 3) Your God is non-existent. Pick one skippy!!!!
One time I took my kids to Toys-R-Us. Guess what? They wanted everything, the whole store! All ten million toys.

Now even if I could have afforded to buy everything in the store. I wouldn’t have because it’s never a good idea to give your kids everything they want.

God is a father and thinks like a father. He gives you what you need and sometimes something extra. But he doesn’t give you everything you lay your eyes on.

As far as protection, we have the entire 91st Psalm. He gave that to us who believe on him.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#182718 Nov 4, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s good you haven’t experienced stripped sunshine.
Stripped sunshine is caused by sunlight passing through prison bars.
So what would striped sunshine be?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#182719 Nov 4, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
One time I took my kids to Toys-R-Us. Guess what? They wanted everything, the whole store! All ten million toys.
Now even if I could have afforded to buy everything in the store. I wouldn’t have because it’s never a good idea to give your kids everything they want.
God is a father and thinks like a father. He gives you what you need and sometimes something extra. But he doesn’t give you everything you lay your eyes on.
As far as protection, we have the entire 91st Psalm. He gave that to us who believe on him.
If God is a father, why do so many Christians object when he's referred to as a skydaddy?
LCNLin

United States

#182720 Nov 4, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Your demon God is said to answer prayers, millions of people pray everyday to your God thing, they pray for all sorts of things, millions pray for God to watch overt them and keep them and the ones they love SAFE from harm. I'll use your baseless and delusional logic here, if millions upon millions of people ask this God for protection then he MUST be real. And if real, and is said to answer prayers it is logical for him to protect his most prized creations, why wouldn't he?
So if God is real and answers prayers, and millions ask for his protection, and he doesn't answer these prayers and protect those who pray, then only three things are possible. 1.) Your God is unable to protect these people who ask. 2.) Your God doesn't give a shit. 3) Your God is non-existent. Pick one skippy!!!!
His Opinions are amusing but prove nothing about atheist philosophy. Just another dance around the truth.

Hitler on atheism:

“Christianity is a rebellion against natural law, a protest against nature. Taken to its logical extreme, Christianity would mean the systematic cultivation of the human failure.”-Hitler’s Table Talk, pg 51

“By nature the Duce is a freethinker, but he decided to choose the path of concessions. For my part, in his place I’d have taken the path of revolution. I’d have entered the Vatican and thrown everybody out—reserving the right to apologise later:“Excuse me, it was a mistake.” But the result would have been, they’d have been outside!”-Hitler’s Table Talk, pg 145

Judged:

14

14

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#182721 Nov 4, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s good you haven’t experienced stripped sunshine.
Stripped sunshine is caused by sunlight passing through prison bars.
There just ain't no end to wilderness of you fundies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min DBWriter 1,235,985
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 14 min TerryE 5,738
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Martin741 29,780
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr John-K 309,974
News Former UConn Player Pleads Guilty -- Courant.com (Oct '07) May 29 tom wingo 22
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) May 29 Pietro Armando 201,809
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... May 25 Timotion 7
More from around the web