Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
175,081 - 175,100 of 226,141 Comments Last updated 54 min ago

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Regular delivery or overnight?
I almost farted again.

If you had typed it in baby-talk, that would have done it.

“A witty saying proves nothing”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Noah was the very first survivalist. They had a long time to work out all the little details. Survivalist are known at being well prepared and thinking far in advance.
The bible doesn’t go into great details. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a septic compartment. Where the waste would naturally decompose by bacteria and then be released.
Just because the bible doesn’t mention a septic system doesn’t mean they didn’t have one. You don’t have a wife.
But those of us that do know if we take them camping. We had better have all those little details worked out in advance. The females on the Ark were no different.
If they didn’t have a septic system. They deserved all the grief the females gave them.
Eagle... the entire world was covered in water to dilute all that shit. We have hundreds of cruise ships dumping their shit into the oceans every day...(not that that's a good thing). I'm sure all the animals just hung their asses out the window. If God could make them swim across thousands of miles of ocean to get to the arc, he surely could have window trained them.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>he talking about dangers of Radical /militant Fundamentalism of Christianity and how it taking Christianity into thr hell hole.
That's so strange because he is listed in wiki as being a "Disciple of Christ."

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
The gulf that separates us from Gobekli Tepe's builders is almost unimaginable. Indeed, though I stood among the looming megaliths eager to take in their meaning, they didn't speak to me. They were utterly foreign, placed there by people who saw the world in a way I will never comprehend. There are no sources to explain what the symbols might mean. Schmidt agrees. "We're 6,000 years before the invention of writing here," he says."
"Hodder is fascinated that Gobekli Tepe's pillar carvings are dominated not by edible prey like deer and cattle but by menacing creatures such as lions, spiders, snakes and scorpions. "It's a scary, fantastic world of nasty-looking beasts," he muses."
""There's more time between Gobekli Tepe and the Sumerian clay tablets [etched in 3300 B.C.] than from Sumer to today," says Gary Rollefson, an archaeologist at Whitman College in Walla Walla, Washington, who is familiar with Schmidt's work. "Trying to pick out symbolism from prehistoric context is an exercise in futility.""
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeo...
It appears religion predates civilizations.
Born atheist?
It appears you have no idea wtf they were doing there, but you can make an assumption.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I almost farted again.
If you had typed it in baby-talk, that would have done it.
Hi Buck. Fancy meeting you here.

Nice pic. You were such a cute baby.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text> Eagle... the entire world was covered in water to dilute all that shit. We have hundreds of cruise ships dumping their shit into the oceans every day...(not that that's a good thing). I'm sure all the animals just hung their asses out the window. If God could make them swim across thousands of miles of ocean to get to the arc, he surely could have window trained them.
You need to come up to modern times and ditch the old 1920’s interpretation. Today we have cars that start with a push of a button. We don’t have to go out in front of the vehicle and crank a lever.

We have like washers and dryers and modern appliances. We don’t use the outhouse anymore. We have bathrooms with plumbing.

It’s time to get up to date. You are way out of date with how people believe today.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that one IS funny. Credit where due.
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's so strange because he is listed in wiki as being a "Disciple of Christ."
Not thing strange, he just warning about dangers of corrupted mans in power can infiltrate Christianity those radicals like US fundie christians, and US right wing Christian coalition and permeate US Govt/military and other institutions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's get the ole gang together and start a brawl. I mean a regular fu**ing fist-to-skull, boot-to-balls knock-down and drag-off.

...or maybe I have you mixed up with somebody.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Sen J. William Fulbright
'n
If, as time goes on, our country continues to be chronically at war, continues to neglect its domestic problems, and continues to have unrest in cities and on campuses, then militarism will surely increase. And even if the military itself does not take over the government directly, it could—because of increasing use in domestic crises—come to acquire power comparable to that of the German General Staff in the years before World ,War I.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Not thing strange, he just warning about dangers of corrupted mans in power can infiltrate Christianity those radicals like US fundie christians, and US right wing Christian coalition and permeate US Govt/military and other institutions.
Oh cool man, we need to take all those fundies rights away from them. Just redo the whole constitution and make it just for us atheist. Fundies aren’t people anyway they're just rats. We then need to then take over the world dude like right now. Atheist Power!
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Sen J. William Fulbright
'n
If, as time goes on, our country continues to be chronically at war, continues to neglect its domestic problems, and continues to have unrest in cities and on campuses, then militarism will surely increase. And even if the military itself does not take over the government directly, it could—because of increasing use in domestic crises—come to acquire power comparable to that of the German General Staff in the years before World ,War I.
This is how we atheist should rewrite the constitution. We need to give it a Southern flair.

“Fundies got no rats. Only us atheist got rats.”

And that’s it the whole constitution.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh cool man, we need to take all those fundies rights away from them. Just redo the whole constitution and make it just for us atheist. Fundies aren’t people anyway they're just rats. We then need to then take over the world dude like right now. Atheist Power!
LOL! You have good and bad even in Christians and Atheists! Make constitution for all ! i don't see to many of the American Athiest at war or USe violence on the world but buts its corrupted American Xtains Fundies and right wing that infilitrates the US military/institutions ruining US morally and financially and is destroying the world with kinetic waged wars on the world humanity , plundering for resources ...

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is how we atheist should rewrite the constitution. We need to give it a Southern flair.
“Fundies got no rats. Only us atheist got rats.”
And that’s it the whole constitution.
Constitution should be for We, the People not based on mad man-made god laws but to keep moral and ethical values for fair and just society where every one is equal and obey human values of respect for the other... Man you are such ignorant... you prefer authoritarians/bullies or overseers the mad man-made God...!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's get the ole gang together and start a brawl. I mean a regular fu**ing fist-to-skull, boot-to-balls knock-down and drag-off.
...or maybe I have you mixed up with somebody.
I'm ready.

Pick the squarin' off spot.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In reference to your comment about wooden ships.
Wow, National Geographic!
With all those color photo’s and everything. The same magazine that printed the "Archaeoraptor” in 1999. A faked and fraudulent evolutionary fossil that fooled millions.
Of course they overlooked these ships as a historic fact. How Atheist of them.
(420×58 ft) Tessarakonteres
(377×46 ft) Thalamegos
416×170 ft) Chinese treasure ship
Each of your "examples"? Has already been debunked elsewhere-- and you are **Lying** by ignoring that fact.

You've been tutored why your examples are fraudulent.

But yet-- you persist in your lie.

Why?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, National Geographic!
One of the most respected science magazines on the planet.

It is not surprising you would hate it so-- it has published many-many articles which prove the powerlessness of your little godling.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The flood story was before the Sumerians. Name some other older civilizations.
1) prove it was "before"... can you? No? Interesting.

2) Here you go:
Egyptians
China
Aegean
Harappan

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sumerian is supposed to be older.
According to ... you? LOL!

But here you are:

Egyptians
China
Aegean
Harappan

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
How interesting, I didn’t know it never rained fresh water over the oceans.
Only in isolated areas, and not as much as your flood story claims.

Combine that with the oceanic currents? It's never an issue over the **whole** ocean.

But yes-- long lasting rain over the ocean **can** and **does** disrupt the life there-- many of the microscopic creatures can die in such long-lasting storms.

But since it's a small area, when compared to the whole? It bounces back quickly.

Science just does not enter into your world-view, does it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Teaman 1,099,105
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 min Fight On 27,036
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 16 min Pearl Jam 305,430
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Tue RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••